Hidden Gems

jfechterU

What's up everyone. 

Everyone knows the big name golf courses that costs an arm and a leg to play. However, I think most of us can enjoy getting out and playing at most courses. I have played some awesome courses that the majority of you have never heard of and I'm sure the same is true for all of you. I want to hear about some hidden gem courses that you have played that not many people know about.

Jack Fechter

I'll start it off with two of my favorite courses.

The first one is Kinderton Country Club located in Clarksville, Virginia. The course was designed by Donald Ross and is a pleasure to play. Also did I mention you can play 18 for around 40 dollars. 

The next course is The Manor Golf Course in Farmville, Virginia. It's a tough course that you can also play for relatively cheap. You can play 18 holes for 30 dollars.

You can't beat that!

Jack Fechter

A couple I’ve played at.  One is on Kauai called Wailua. Very nice course. Some nice ocean and mountain views. Very nice conditions for around $100 with rentals. After I played it I was reading an article about top munis in the U.S. and it was in the top 30.  One by where I live is in Marengo Illinois called Blackstone. Very nice course and about $80 on the weekend.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft

11 hours ago, Bossfan said:

A couple I’ve played at.  One is on Kauai called Wailua. Very nice course. Some nice ocean and mountain views. Very nice conditions for around $100 with rentals. After I played it I was reading an article about top munis in the U.S. and it was in the top 30.  One by where I live is in Marengo Illinois called Blackstone. Very nice course and about $80 on the weekend.

That sounds awesome. Hard to find an ocean course for any cheaper than that

Jack Fechter

• 10 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, jfechterU said:

I'll start it off with two of my favorite courses.

The first one is Kinderton Country Club located in Clarksville, Virginia. The course was designed by Donald Ross and is a pleasure to play. Also did I mention you can play 18 for around 40 dollars. 

The next course is The Manor Golf Course in Farmville, Virginia. It's a tough course that you can also play for relatively cheap. You can play 18 holes for 30 dollars.

You can't beat that!

Wrapping up a great golf weekend at The Manor in Farmville, VA. Can’t say enough great things about the course! Well designed with tricky hazards at typical landing areas, solid greens, great use of terrain, and a price that cannot be beat. 

I will add that there are 5 cottages a stones throw from the clubhouse that are for rent. You need to reserve them through Hampton Sydney. They are perfect for a golf weekend, spacious, amazing views, and very close to the course so you never have to leave property if you bring your own food with you. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2