Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

Just dropping in to confirm the Bridgestone Tour B RX has been a fantastic ball for my OP.  Like amazing.  I outdrove my 6’4” 25 yo big hitter cousin several times yesterday with it.  Straight, penetrating ball flight.  Very impressive.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

20 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Just dropping in to confirm the Bridgestone Tour B RX has been a fantastic ball for my OP.  Like amazing.  I outdrove my 6’4” 25 yo big hitter cousin several times yesterday with it.  Straight, penetrating ball flight.  Very impressive.  

And you list your Driver as a Weakness 🤔

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Played four times in the past week and was just kind of all over the place.  The MP was not behaving at all and I was losing distance as well.  Something was way off with my swing and I just couldn't figure it out.

Tried a little bit of everything including swapping shafts and weights back and forth about every third or fourth hole but it obviously wasn't an equipment malfunction as my irons were terrible as well.  Felt like I was trying to swing a rattlesnake out there.

After all four rounds in the 80's and hitting five or fewer greens four times in a row I finally had a chance yesterday to get to the range for some much needed reevaluation time and practice as the course was closed for a tournament.

It had just been too long since I'd actually practiced and worked on some stuff instead of just hitting balls to warmup before playing.

Anyways, after taking a few videos it was quite apparent that my right hip and knee were moving out towards the ball in the downswing leading to some serious early extension issues.  Focused on keeping the hips back and right heel down throughout the swing and it was like magic!  Crisp impact, nice high draws and distance returned instantly.  Got back ten plus yards easy on my wedge, nine and eight irons and was getting super excited to get the driver back out see what was what.

Then on the very last eight iron something popped in my left hip at impact and I about went to the ground.  Don't know if I pulled, strained or tore something but it felt pretty deep and the only thing I can relate the sensation to was when I blew my achilles.

Limped back to the cart and came home to get some ice on it but needless to say I'm done for a while as I can barely walk and putting weight on the left leg is damn painful.  

I can't even imagine trying to hit a golf ball.

So bummed to have gone from being so excited one minute to wondering how long it will be before I can even play again the next.

And of course we had a half a dozen road trips planned the next couple of weeks to go play some different courses that we haven't visited in quite some time.

DAMMIT!

Looks like I'll be counting on you guys to keep me entertained for a while so don't let me down!

15 hours ago, Bang60 said:

And you list your Driver as a Weakness 🤔

It was!!  Not anymore.  Totally switched - now my short game has deserted me!

• :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

I have played 2 rounds with the UST MP5 in Ladies flex and I am impressed.  I tipped the shaft 1" and trimmed it to a playing length of 44.5".  The swing weight came in at C6 with my Ping G425 Max head and Karma jumbo grip, so I added some lead tape to the sole of the head to bring the SW up to C8.  Saturday's ball flight was high with a slight fade.  For Sunday's round, I repositioned the lead tape, which brought the ball flight down some and straightened out the fade.  For the weekend, I only had one bad drive and this was caused by operator error of a poor swing.  I have the loft on the Ping G425 set at 7.5° and distance was good.  The big difference with the Otto Phlex experiment (other than shaft cost) is the ease of swinging compared to my stiff shaft Fuji Ventus Velocore shaft.  I believe I have found the setup that works for me.

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

On 6/23/2023 at 4:19 AM, IndyBonzo said:

I've been playing the Srixon Q Star Tour, Bridgestone Tour B RX and the Kirkland V2 for the last couple of years and primarily Bridgestone and Srixon prior to that.  

For more "serious" golf I always played the Srixon or Bridgestone and only had the Kirklands for the multiple weekday rounds that we played more for fun and because we're old and retired and just can.

A couple of months ago I picked up some of the new Kirkland V3's and after considerable switching back and forth and comparing I'm a Kirkland guy for the foreseeable future.

I honestly think it's the best ball I've ever played regardless of price which for me at least makes it a no brainer.

Feel, spin, trajectory, distance and durability are just perfect.

Again - for me. 

I know some guys think I'm crazy and that's OK and if I still had 115 MPH clubhead speed I might feel differently.

Or not who knows?

At $27.99 for two dozen sometimes I don't even bother looking for them if I hit one in the woods or tall grass.

I've still got several dozens of the Srixons and Bridestones left and don't even pull them out for "serious" golf anymore - I like the V3 that much.

On 6/24/2023 at 3:21 PM, IndyBonzo said:

It was!!  Not anymore.  Totally switched - now my short game has deserted me!

This is pretty much the definition of golf.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

8 hours ago, MuniGolfer said:

This is pretty much the definition of golf.

So true

And marriage.. always working on 1 thing while the others are slipping.. 😂 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

16 hours ago, azstu324 said:

So true

And marriage.. always working on 1 thing while the others are slipping.. 😂 

An her indoors will remind you constantly what's slipped 😔

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I got out last night, no driver but the OP 3 wood set up.

UST gold  55 in seniors isn’t too whippy, doesn’t feel like a lump of lead on a cane. 
I wasn’t mega confident to start off, but I managed to get it out and down the middle. The swing was a little out to in, so I was moving it left to right. My trajectory was a bit low as well, but I was closing the face to get the shape to a minimum.

When I got out of my jumper, this is an odd thing to state, but stay with me! I could get my swing more neutral to out-in. I then started to get the ball position a little closer to middle and the height came. 
I like this, if I just swing hard and committed this goes pretty far … plus it has the 3 wood benefit of being persuaded to move right or left .. which is definitely a quick fix if I am swinging like a donkey.

I haven’t given up on the driver, far from it, our conditions just don’t warrant me carrying it around. I estimate it gives me 10-20 yards more at best, and I only need those on possibly 2 holes.. 

scoring was okay, given my putter was awol for the first 7 holes.

I have also dropped the range time now, it’s just play 

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

I know I say it’s dreadful scoring but this video from Sidekick is actually what we contend with 

hitting greens and rolling off, hard pan , no grass lies , bunkers with no sand or poor distribution…

I have played on most continents and to be fair the greens hold the ball and the grass on the fairway perches the ball up … U.K. we are collecting the ball early and flop shots are only when no choice is given …

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Took the mp out to the range again today. My launch monitor was acting weird and wasn’t sending all my shots to the app, but I did notice much more consistency, higher ball speed, and much higher swing speed than my gamer. The spin was high after cutting it down and adding the second weight back into the Taylormade m5 head, so I need to try moving that weight farther forward. Loft is already cranked down. Swing weight felt really good, and I could have probably thrown a blanket over the shots I hit. I think I will move the weight forward and try it out on the course next week. I am getting excited to try to move it to the ping, since I see so much more consistency with that head. If all goes well on course, that will be the next step.

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Got 10 holes yesterday, was 1.5 club wind. No driver just the 3 wood. 
Took the lesson from the previous round, just swing committed … no missed fairways. I think we could be repairing my relationship with the driver soon!

I am also remembering that when I was good the driver didn’t come out the bag regularly, I would play a strong 3 wood at most. I think it comes into play on the 420-450 yard up hill par 4s that are into wind. Otherwise it’s 3 wood all day long.

But seriously I would recommend you look at this set up, it feels quite substantial and the head weight doesn’t dominate. 
I don’t have my numbers as such but I think I am in the 95-100mph region and can give some direction. 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

I have completely followed @azstu324 and some others down the rabbit hole.  I have sold my Fuji Ventus Velocore 5-S driver shaft and have fully committed to my 2 Otto Phlex shafts.  The UST MP5 ladies flex in my Ping G425 Max head is just so easy hit.  Last fall, I thought the Ventus Velocore was the best shaft I had ever played and labeled it a long, fairway finder.  This year has been a different story, with the VV shaft feeling like I had to work at swinging it (probably difficult to return from the dark side).  Now I will admit, I do not believe my distance has increased with the Otto Phlex shafts, but accuracy and ease of operation are the winning points for me.  So, for the time being, I am all in.  

I loved my Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue but the Vanquish shaft, for me, is slightly better. If anybody wants to try a GLPB 45 g in "A" flex with a Cobra adapter on it let me know. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

18 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

I have completely followed @azstu324 and some others down the rabbit hole.  I have sold my Fuji Ventus Velocore 5-S driver shaft and have fully committed to my 2 Otto Phlex shafts.  The UST MP5 ladies flex in my Ping G425 Max head is just so easy hit.  Last fall, I thought the Ventus Velocore was the best shaft I had ever played and labeled it a long, fairway finder.  This year has been a different story, with the VV shaft feeling like I had to work at swinging it (probably difficult to return from the dark side).  Now I will admit, I do not believe my distance has increased with the Otto Phlex shafts, but accuracy and ease of operation are the winning points for me.  So, for the time being, I am all in.  

Sometimes I can't help but feel like some kind of wackadoo cult leader and I've wrangled you all into my crazy ideology. 🤪

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I blame you for a lot @azstu324.  OP and Maltby.  You are one of the best bad influences, right up there with bourbon and tequila.  Lol.  

If it didn’t work, THEN it would be crazy.

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Sometimes I can't help but feel like some kind of wackadoo cult leader and I've wrangled you all into my crazy ideology. 🤪

It has definitely been fun building and experimenting with different shafts.  If some of you remember, last fall I started this journey with Fuji Air Speeder 45 gram regular and senior flex shafts, which did not work at all for me.  For me and my swing, the lower torque number is the key.  Stu, if not for you and your post, I would have never considered trying a ladies flex or senior flex shaft in my driver.  Thanks for being our ring leader.  

3 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

Would trying the MP5 in senior flex to get more stability be defeating the purpose? What is your swing speed? So similar distances to the Autoflex but better dispersion? How about compared to the stock Ping shaft?

2 hours ago, rlb4 said:

Would trying the MP5 in senior flex to get more stability be defeating the purpose? What is your swing speed? So similar distances to the Autoflex but better dispersion? How about compared to the stock Ping shaft?

My swingspeed is 93 mph with the driver.  After reading @IndyBonzo posts, I decided to go with the Ladies flex.  I haven't hit an Autoflex shaft, but distances are similar to the Fuji Ventus Velocore I was using.  As far as the stock Ping shaft, I sold it after I purchased the G425 and played a Diamana Whiteboard 60 gram stiff.  

After starting this experiment, I picked up a PXG 0211 7 wood with a senior flex shaft and to begin with, I could do nothing but hook the ball.  After a hand position adjustment, it is now the easiest and straightest club in my bag.  

3 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

My swingspeed is 93 mph with the driver.  After reading @IndyBonzo posts, I decided to go with the Ladies flex.  I haven't hit an Autoflex shaft, but distances are similar to the Fuji Ventus Velocore I was using.  As far as the stock Ping shaft, I sold it after I purchased the G425 and played a Diamana Whiteboard 60 gram stiff.  

After starting this experiment, I picked up a PXG 0211 7 wood with a senior flex shaft and to begin with, I could do nothing but hook the ball.  After a hand position adjustment, it is now the easiest and straightest club in my bag.  

My swing speed is 100+/- up to 110 on really really good days, and the MP5 L flex with the very low torque and weight in the 50’s has been great for me.  Straight, effortless, and long.  The low torque and low spin (stiff tip) seem to be key.   I recommend it highly!

4 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

Thanks. How does the MP5 compare to your Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A flex? Longer, straighter?

Tomorrow I'll be teeing it up at 5:45 a.m. and will be comparing three different OP shafts with two different driver heads as part of the Callaway Paradym testing. I've got the proven Garofalloy PLB tipped up for the paradigm TD as well as the Project X Cypher 50 g senior Flex. Then I've got my trusty gamer the PXG Gen 5 with the UST Helium senior Flex 45 g. I'm really hoping to have some good side by side comparisons of both heads as well as the two different shafts in the Callaway versus the shaft in the PXG. Should be interesting. Hopefully it'll be early enough so we won't have anybody pushing behind us and I can get some good comparisons and. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 7/3/2023 at 8:16 PM, rlb4 said:

Thanks. How does the MP5 compare to your Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 A flex? Longer, straighter?

I can't tell any significant distance between the two shafts.  The UST MP5 in the Ping is straighter than my PXG driver with the GPB.  

On 6/24/2023 at 10:04 AM, Vernon said:

Played four times in the past week and was just kind of all over the place.  The MP was not behaving at all and I was losing distance as well.  Something was way off with my swing and I just couldn't figure it out.

Tried a little bit of everything including swapping shafts and weights back and forth about every third or fourth hole but it obviously wasn't an equipment malfunction as my irons were terrible as well.  Felt like I was trying to swing a rattlesnake out there.

After all four rounds in the 80's and hitting five or fewer greens four times in a row I finally had a chance yesterday to get to the range for some much needed reevaluation time and practice as the course was closed for a tournament.

It had just been too long since I'd actually practiced and worked on some stuff instead of just hitting balls to warmup before playing.

Anyways, after taking a few videos it was quite apparent that my right hip and knee were moving out towards the ball in the downswing leading to some serious early extension issues.  Focused on keeping the hips back and right heel down throughout the swing and it was like magic!  Crisp impact, nice high draws and distance returned instantly.  Got back ten plus yards easy on my wedge, nine and eight irons and was getting super excited to get the driver back out see what was what.

Then on the very last eight iron something popped in my left hip at impact and I about went to the ground.  Don't know if I pulled, strained or tore something but it felt pretty deep and the only thing I can relate the sensation to was when I blew my achilles.

Limped back to the cart and came home to get some ice on it but needless to say I'm done for a while as I can barely walk and putting weight on the left leg is damn painful.  

I can't even imagine trying to hit a golf ball.

So bummed to have gone from being so excited one minute to wondering how long it will be before I can even play again the next.

And of course we had a half a dozen road trips planned the next couple of weeks to go play some different courses that we haven't visited in quite some time.

DAMMIT!

Looks like I'll be counting on you guys to keep me entertained for a while so don't let me down!

Although my hip has gotten considerably better and much faster than I expected it's still a little tender and while I've actually started playing some again I'm still pretty tentative through the ball for fear of reinjuring the damn thing.

That being said our place had a 4th of July scramble that my wife and I had signed up to play with another couple quite some time ago and I didn't want to miss out on what's always a fun day so I said I'd just ride along and have a few beers and chip and putt.

Well I couldn't help myself and stopped at the range on the way to lunch before the event just to see if I could manufacture some sort of a swing that would at least allow me to be a more active participant.

I hit a dozen or so nine irons and while far from great they were in the air and in the direction of the target and since my wife and the other couple aren't really very good I figured what the heck maybe I could contribute at some point even swinging off of one leg.

I had the MP Ladies flex in my G430 and cranked the loft open to 10.5 thinking that might help me get it up in the air some.  

The first three tee shots were completely smothered hooks but I still somehow felt like I was close to being able to hit it OK.  On the fourth hole I timed it perfectly and hit a nice high draw down the middle of the fairway that rolled out to 292!

I can't even begin to explain how exciting that was after not being able to hardly walk much less play for a week and a half.

Long story short I went on to hit four more drives over 285 on the day and all but one of the others were 250 or so and more than serviceable since I was playing the old man's gold tees.

Then on the eighteenth I caught another one dead square and drove the green at 313 yards to ten feet for eagle!

And it felt like I was only hitting it with my hands - just a short little backswing, load the shaft and then smoothly throw the head of the club at the ball from there.

Needless to say I had a blast since I had no expectations of even being able to hit a full shot and then to hit some that were easily equal to my best previously was off the charts rewarding.

Anyways I've played twice since then and shot two 79's albeit from the shorter white tees incorporating this new "method" of simply feeling as though I'm holding quite still and minimizing body movement and just focusing on hands, arms and wrists to "throw" the head at the ball and I think I might be onto something.

In fact both of those scores should have been so much better had I not missed at least eight birdie putts inside ten feet and had three or four swings per round that were cold tops or some other sort of disaster that each cost a shot or two.

Fear and the mind are a terrible thing........

Regardless I'm convinced that overuse of the big muscles in general and the lower body in particular might well have been hurting my distance more than helping and was largely responsible for getting hurt in the first place.

All I know is this method of swinging the club seems rather natural and effortless and a perfect match for the softer flex Ottophlex.

At least for now..........

Moving back to the blue's this afternoon!

54 minutes ago, Vernon said:

Although my hip has gotten considerably better and much faster than I expected it's still a little tender and while I've actually started playing some again I'm still pretty tentative through the ball for fear of reinjuring the damn thing.

That being said our place had a 4th of July scramble that my wife and I had signed up to play with another couple quite some time ago and I didn't want to miss out on what's always a fun day so I said I'd just ride along and have a few beers and chip and putt.

Well I couldn't help myself and stopped at the range on the way to lunch before the event just to see if I could manufacture some sort of a swing that would at least allow me to be a more active participant.

I hit a dozen or so nine irons and while far from great they were in the air and in the direction of the target and since my wife and the other couple aren't really very good I figured what the heck maybe I could contribute at some point even swinging off of one leg.

I had the MP Ladies flex in my G430 and cranked the loft open to 10.5 thinking that might help me get it up in the air some.  

The first three tee shots were completely smothered hooks but I still somehow felt like I was close to being able to hit it OK.  On the fourth hole I timed it perfectly and hit a nice high draw down the middle of the fairway that rolled out to 292!

I can't even begin to explain how exciting that was after not being able to hardly walk much less play for a week and a half.

Long story short I went on to hit four more drives over 285 on the day and all but one of the others were 250 or so and more than serviceable since I was playing the old man's gold tees.

Then on the eighteenth I caught another one dead square and drove the green at 313 yards to ten feet for eagle!

And it felt like I was only hitting it with my hands - just a short little backswing, load the shaft and then smoothly throw the head of the club at the ball from there.

Needless to say I had a blast since I had no expectations of even being able to hit a full shot and then to hit some that were easily equal to my best previously was off the charts rewarding.

Anyways I've played twice since then and shot two 79's albeit from the shorter white tees incorporating this new "method" of simply feeling as though I'm holding quite still and minimizing body movement and just focusing on hands, arms and wrists to "throw" the head at the ball and I think I might be onto something.

In fact both of those scores should have been so much better had I not missed at least eight birdie putts inside ten feet and had three or four swings per round that were cold tops or some other sort of disaster that each cost a shot or two.

Fear and the mind are a terrible thing........

Regardless I'm convinced that overuse of the big muscles in general and the lower body in particular might well have been hurting my distance more than helping and was largely responsible for getting hurt in the first place.

All I know is this method of swinging the club seems rather natural and effortless and a perfect match for the softer flex Ottophlex.

At least for now..........

Moving back to the blue's this afternoon!

@Vernon It's great to hear you are feeling better!  And those are very impressive results with the MP5.  It sounds like you have found the secret sauce!

Well, I've read most of this topic, and just happily received my Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 L flex today. Put it in my TaylorMade M3 head. It feels super light and whippy and makes a higher-pitched swoosh, but using my PRGR swing speed monitor in my living room, I can't swing it any faster than my existing shaft - a VA Composites Nemesys 55g R flex. All swings are around 100mph. I was hoping for a 5mph swing speed increase.

Do I need to load the shaft more in the transition?
Or will I see a dramatic difference once I hit balls with it? 
Thanks! Really want to love this shaft.

IMG_1950.jpeg

1 hour ago, SkateboardGolf said:

Well, I've read most of this topic, and just happily received my Grafalloy ProLaunch 45 L flex today. Put it in my TaylorMade M3 head. It feels super light and whippy and makes a higher-pitched swoosh, but using my PRGR swing speed monitor in my living room, I can't swing it any faster than my existing shaft - a VA Composites Nemesys 55g R flex. All swings are around 100mph. I was hoping for a 5mph swing speed increase.

Do I need to load the shaft more in the transition?
Or will I see a dramatic difference once I hit balls with it? 
Thanks! Really want to love this shaft.

IMG_1950.jpeg

Most of us just had to start by hitting balls. Initially I was coming through too quickly and had to slow my tempo. Sounds weird but in slowing my tempo, I actually sped up my swing with the OttoPhlex. It doesn't do well with aggressive delivery and really is a great tempo aid. 

Are you able to check the Swing weight? Also, what's your playing length. That has been a topic here that has yielded a lot of discussion. @ 45" and D1-D2 the club doesn't feel overly light in the transition and it's very controllable with crazy good contact 

MAXFLI  Tour CG