Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

2 hours ago, David Leighton Reid said:

This past Sunday, I decided to give the PXG driver (with the Graffaloy PLB 45 A flex) a round on the golf course, even though I have been enjoying the Ping driver with the UST MP5 ladies flex.  I had previously installed Karma jumbo grips on both drivers, but had to add lead tape to the heads to get the swing weight up to D0.  So, being the experimenter that I am, I replaced the jumbo grip with a standard size grip and removed the lead tape from the head and my swing weight went to D1.5 on the PXG driver, playing at 45 inches.  On the course, I had a very good round driving the ball and was able to play both cuts and draws.  I like the feel of a bigger grip, so next I am going to try adding a couple of layers of masking tape under the standard size grip to see how much that will effect the swing weight.  

If you do like the bigger grip, Winn Oversized is really light. I put the Dri Tac 50g on my 0311 with the Cypher 50 and the SW jumped way up to like D5. So then I had to counter with lead tape down the handle. Now it's at D2. They have Oversize ranging from 33 to 54 g. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

21 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

If you do like the bigger grip, Winn Oversized is really light. I put the Driver Tac 50g on my 0311 with the Cypher 50 and the SW jumped way up to like D5. So then I had to counter with lead tape down the handle. Now it's at D2. They have Oversize ranging from 33 to 54 g. 

Thanks @azstu324!

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Going to the range tonight at 8. It'll be a nice cool 108° at night. 

I've got some really interesting things to try out. Hopefully I don't lose anyone here. 

Driver 1: PXG 0311 playing at 44.5". PX Cypher 50 5.0 with a Winn Oversized Dri Tac 2.0 grip, 4g of lead tape on the grip end and an extra 2.5g at the head (7.5, 2.5, 10g) the 10g is at the back and 7.5 in the toe. SW is D1 but with a static weight of 323g. 

Driver 2: Paradym TD playing at 45.5". PLB 45g A flex with Winn Oversized Dri Tac Standard. Also D1 SW but static weight of 297g. 

With a 1" difference between the 2 and almost 25g static weight difference, I'm interested to see if there is any performance difference to be measured. 

I'm really hoping that the 44.5" heavier driver might have a better  smash factor but with more control..? We shall see😬

MAXFLI  Tour CG

22 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Going to the range tonight at 8. It'll be a nice cool 108° at night. 

I've got some really interesting things to try out. Hopefully I don't lose anyone here. 

Driver 1: PXG 0311 playing at 44.5". PX Cypher 50 5.0 with a Winn Oversized Dri Tac 2.0 grip, 4g of lead tape on the grip end and an extra 2.5g at the head (7.5, 2.5, 10g) the 10g is at the back and 7.5 in the toe. SW is D1 but with a static weight of 323g. 

Driver 2: Paradym TD playing at 45.5". PLB 45g A flex with Winn Oversized Dri Tac Standard. Also D1 SW but static weight of 297g. 

With a 1" difference between the 2 and almost 25g static weight difference, I'm interested to see if there is any performance difference to be measured. 

I'm really hoping that the 44.5" heavier driver might have a better  smash factor but with more control..? We shall see😬

And driver 2 wins🎯

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

15 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

And driver 2 wins🎯

I wish it could have been that easy. It really was a dead draw but not for the same reasons. 

The PXG felt much better in the swing transition and was just laser straight down the middle. 

The Paradym feels so much more explosive off the face. It was still very straight but with a few more pulls than I'd like. Maybe due to 45.5" vs my usual 45". 

The overall distance and flight between the 2 was very similar BUT the distance with the Paradym when hit on the button was a whole other story. I've found that it has a whole extra gear.. that is if you're able to find it. 

I'm really hoping to get my hands on a Garmin R10 in the next week or so just to really get some distance and spin #'s figured out. For now thought I'm keeping both drivers exactly how they are as I could play either of them any day of the week. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

9 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I wish it could have been that easy. It really was a dead draw but not for the same reasons. 

The PXG felt much better in the swing transition and was just laser straight down the middle. 

The Paradym feels so much more explosive off the face. It was still very straight but with a few more pulls than I'd like. Maybe due to 45.5" vs my usual 45". 

The overall distance and flight between the 2 was very similar BUT the distance with the Paradym when hit on the button was a whole other story. I've found that it has a whole extra gear.. that is if you're able to find it. 

I'm really hoping to get my hands on a Garmin R10 in the next week or so just to really get some distance and spin #'s figured out. For now thought I'm keeping both drivers exactly how they are as I could play either of them any day of the week. 

Yeah that extra gear with any all clubs is the problem, my Mizuno Hot metal 7iron gave me one shot 160metres into the green up hill but how to repeat everytime 😇 not sure. Time reveals all with practice yeah 😞

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I've got three rounds and some range time in with the Pro Launch Blue in Ladies flex and I'm pretty sure that it's in first place overall.  I haven't done any back and forth experimenting with the other shafts since I got it - just been sticking with it and trying to get length and weights where I want them.

I started out at 46" and with the 25 gram backweight in my Ping G430 nine degree head adjusted to 10.5 and while I hit a few (for me) "bombs" with it I also had some wild misses, a couple of topped tee shots and it just felt "wrong".

Kind of unwieldily.

Started out by switching the backweight from the 25 to a 22 gram which I didn't really expect to make much of a difference but I was wrong.  Really changed the overall heft of the club and although I could still feel the head just fine it just seemed much more comfortable in my hands.

Decided to go bold (or go home?) and cut the length down to 45" and that really got things feeling good although I was hitting it a little too high on occasion.

Adjusted the loft back to 9.0 and I think I might have found what I've been looking for.

Maybe.......

The maximum distance of my drives isn't quite what it's been off and on with the other combinations but the overall average is really good as is the accuracy.  We've had quite a bit of rain lately so the fairways have been softer than they were early on in this deal so roll out isn't nearly as dramatic.

Nonetheless I've been getting lots of tee shots in the 260's and the club just feels easy to swing at just the right tempo and speed.

Ball flight is a good height with a tight draw or dead straight and it's pretty easy to hit a slight fade when I want to.  

Not lots of movement in either direction though which is obviously a good thing.

I was surprised at how much different (softer to flex) that the Ladies felt compared to the Senior but the low torque of the PLB still makes it feel very stable and I don't find it to be an issue at all.

Gonna try and get back to the range today or tomorrow and will probably play the next three days but it's been hotter than Hades the last few days and with the tropical humidity it's kind tuff to get motivated to hit range balls with heat indexes of 118 but we'll see.

Really want to do some more side by side comparison with the MP5 though and that's gonna require some time on the range.

Regardless, suffice it to say that I'm very impressed with the Pro Launch Blue in Ladies flex.

So I didn’t get through all 76 pages of this thread lol, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I’ve always hit my fairway woods disproportionately longer than any clubs in my bag. I can hit my 3 wood longer than my driver usually (forgiveness does play a factor though) I eventually came to the conclusion it was the shaft I had in my woods. It is the aldila rip phenom. It’s an older shaft but it has a really soft midsection and when I time it right they are canons. Off the tee I’ve hit my 3 wood 284 yards(rollout), that’s the longest I’ve actually tracked it. For an average swing speed player that’s ridiculously far. I’ve always though that was the autoflex secret, an Uber soft midsection, stiff tip and butt. I had one finally put into my old driver and when I got a hold of it I experienced the same results with it. I carried it 295(longest I actually tracked). You may have covered this but have you looked specifically at shafts with that profile? Eve flow is somewhat similar but is more “even” throughout the shaft. Mitsubishi Kuri Kage black hbp is also this profile and can be had new for cheap. Food for thought ✌️ 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

5 hours ago, srooch2 said:

So I didn’t get through all 76 pages of this thread lol, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I’ve always hit my fairway woods disproportionately longer than any clubs in my bag. I can hit my 3 wood longer than my driver usually (forgiveness does play a factor though) I eventually came to the conclusion it was the shaft I had in my woods. It is the aldila rip phenom. It’s an older shaft but it has a really soft midsection and when I time it right they are canons. Off the tee I’ve hit my 3 wood 284 yards(rollout), that’s the longest I’ve actually tracked it. For an average swing speed player that’s ridiculously far. I’ve always though that was the autoflex secret, an Uber soft midsection, stiff tip and butt. I had one finally put into my old driver and when I got a hold of it I experienced the same results with it. I carried it 295(longest I actually tracked). You may have covered this but have you looked specifically at shafts with that profile? Eve flow is somewhat similar but is more “even” throughout the shaft. Mitsubishi Kuri Kage black hbp is also this profile and can be had new for cheap. Food for thought ✌️ 

The OttoPhlex idea is a somewhat broader brush stroke to accompany the actual Autoflex. Generally speaking all of the profiles that have worked well so far seem to be in the same neighborhood but not exact and that's where it's an individual journey. Overall though, it could be beneficial to be opened to the idea that a shaft with "L" or "A" down the side definitely should be considered in a fitting or tinkering. Furthermore, I wouldn't necessarily say that the shaft itself is the magic so much as what the shaft promotes in our swings which results in smooth, solid, and consistent contact with the ball, at higher than usual speeds. 

I'd say that with about 75% success, that's a pretty conclusive result. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just got a Grafalloy PLB 45 L flex and a UST MP5 L flex. I was able to hit about 10 balls today at the range with the PLB and my 2015 Callaway GBB head. Wow did it feel flexible and wippy. But when I hit balls it did not feel that way at all. Very smooth, with nice easy kick. It actually felt great. I hit them pretty straight. The real test will be this weekend. I'll have my PLB L, MP5 L, BGT Brava S, and Graphite Design YS6 S all to test in my current driver head, Tour Edge E723. I'm going to a Top Tracer range so I can get some #'s and dispersion circles. The winner goes in the bag for an on course test on Monday. More to come.

Edited by rlb4

13 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Just got a Grafalloy PLB 45 L flex and a UST MP5 L flex. I was able to hit about 10 balls today at the range with the PLB and my 2015 Callaway GBB head. Wow did it feel flexible and wippy. But when I hit balls it did not feel that way at all. Very smooth, with nice easy kick. It actually felt great. I hit them pretty straight. The real test will be this weekend. I'll have my PLB L, MP5 L, BGT Brava S, and Graphite Design YS6 S all to test in my current driver head, Tour Edge E723. I'm going to a Top Tracer range so I can get some #'s and dispersion circles. The winner goes in the bag for an on course test on Monday. More to come.

And right there without saying it, you said it perfectly..

A $50 shaft can definitely find it's place among $300++ shafts. Maybe even outperform some of them

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

And right there without saying it, you said it perfectly..

A $50 shaft can definitely find it's place among $300++ shafts. Maybe even outperform some of them

Well I've never tried the Autoflex, but I would like to at some point. The Brava is $$ but it is a S flex/54g. I got a really good deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. And the GD YS6 is an S flex/63g. I always wanted to try a GD since everyone says the feel great. Those are both more normal weights and flexes. I don't want to get my hopes up too much for the PLB and MP5 so we will have to wait and see. 🤞

25 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Well I've never tried the Autoflex, but I would like to at some point. The Brava is $$ but it is a S flex/54g. I got a really good deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. And the GD YS6 is an S flex/63g. I always wanted to try a GD since everyone says the feel great. Those are both more normal weights and flexes. I don't want to get my hopes up too much for the PLB and MP5 so we will have to wait and see. 🤞

However it shakes out, you've got a really solid group of contenders with some good variety. Definitely interested to hear the results 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

9 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Definitely interested to hear the results 

I'm trying a new-ish driver well 2021 is NEW for me, Mizuno STz with reg flex I think it's 45inch but I decided to go with no known setup. I'm tied of working out swingweight etc trying to fit into a mould, have to say ala natural seems ok but 10 hits is not much of a test but the 10th was crushed out of the guts with such a loud noise my first thought was I'd cracked the face 😂

4 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm trying a new-ish driver well 2021 is NEW for me, Mizuno STz with reg flex I think it's 45inch but I decided to go with no known setup. I'm tied of working out swingweight etc trying to fit into a mould, have to say ala natural seems ok but 10 hits is not much of a test but the 10th was crushed out of the guts with such a loud noise my first thought was I'd cracked the face 😂

The Mizuno STZ (TXG DOTY) is a great head! I don't think I ever weighed it when I had one as it was pre-OttoPhlex. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 7/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, srooch2 said:

Honestly, I played the kuro Kage silver for a long time in my Nike covert. That was probably my favorite shaft I ever have had. I wish I would have had it put in my m5 and my ping. I also considered the black version when I was first reading this forum too, but decided to stick with what others were having success with. I feel like the mp5 has a very similar feel to the kuro kage silver, which is probably why I am liking it so much.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

Has anyone tried the UST Gold A flex in 55 yet, not ultra light but the lower than usual claimed torque for a lighter shaft combined with a real sweet price is intriguing. 

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Has anyone tried the UST Gold A flex in 55 yet, not ultra light but the lower than usual claimed torque for a lighter shaft combined with a real sweet price is intriguing. 

Yes in the 3 wood, I would say go for it, I think it could take a ping head or an aggressive transition. 

Epic speed - GPLB in long flex 

Ping 425 max 3 wood/ Callaway Rogue 5w

PXG 7 wood/ Ping g425 Crossover 3 

Ping G430 irons 5- 46 degree (+2 degree loft)  ( graphite shafts) 

Ping  glide 4 , 50,56

Vokey SM6 60 degree M grind

yes Donna or maybe a centre shaft white hot 2ball 

assorted updates/ stand ins stored safely for the call up

Still adjusting the set up 

7 hours ago, Ding-dong said:

Yes in the 3 wood, I would say go for it, I think it could take a ping head or an aggressive transition. 

I was digging around on Ebay and they sell a LONG drive version

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

10 hours ago, Fred Mitchell said:

It looks like it would be similar to the mp5, but a little higher torque. Still really low, and would probably be really good. 

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex UST MP5 or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Taylormade TP5

8 hours ago, MuniGolfer said:

It looks like it would be similar to the mp5, but a little higher torque. Still really low, and would probably be really good. 

I often thought the same.  @Fred Mitchell if you try it out please report back!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Ok, this is probably my first legit post outside of trying to get picked for testing something but I felt compelled after reading all 77 (well, I guess it was actually 74 or 75 when I started reading) pages of this topic.  I actually had a PLB in R flex so I put it in an adapter and took it out to try in a TM Stealth driver.  It was okay but nothing earth shattering.  I’m normally a low ball hitter so a little more elevation was nice but, not being totally blown away, I stuck the Ventus Red back in it and kept on hitting my Cobra LTDx that has an XCaliber Avalon 5 in it.  I couldn’t quite get this OP notion out of my head, though, having recalled many years ago when I hit a Callaway Duece with an L Flex shaft that belonged to a young lady who worked for me and just how well I hit it.  Instead of immediately ordering a new PLB, though, I went surfing around and found this:

IMG_0059.jpeg.960203730c20673249aa55bc3022d0ae.jpeg

For $35 I thought, why not?  I bought one in L flex, put it in the Stealth driver (I used the Stealth since it’s 10.5 degrees and my Cobra is 12 because, remember, I’m a low ball hitter) and, this time, it was magic.  I was hitting the ball higher and further than I have in a long time (I just turned 60) and carrying obstacles that I’ve been laying up in front of for a couple of years.  I don’t have launch monitor data or anything like that but when I can carry the bunker on the right side of number one at my home course, I’m definitely banging it further than usual.  I’d guess that my average drive is somewhere in the neighborhood of 240-250.  Over the past weekend, I had several that were 270 and one that was a little over 290.  That’s all the data I really need to be satisfied that, for me at least, this OP experiment works.  

Now that I’ve fallen into this rabbit hole, I’ve ordered a new, lower lofted Cobra driver, a PLB in L flex and an MP5 in L flex as well.  Now, if I could get someone to indemnify me against loss when my wife finds out what I’ve spent, I’d be in good shape.

Howard

TaylorMade Stealth Driver

Ping 3 and 5 woods and hybrid

Cobra Forged Tec-x irons

Cleveland wedges

Scotty Cameron putter

5 minutes ago, hzsimms said:

Ok, this is probably my first legit post outside of trying to get picked for testing something but I felt compelled after reading all 77 (well, I guess it was actually 74 or 75 when I started reading) pages of this topic.  I actually had a PLB in R flex so I put it in an adapter and took it out to try in a TM Stealth driver.  It was okay but nothing earth shattering.  I’m normally a low ball hitter so a little more elevation was nice but, not being totally blown away, I stuck the Ventus Red back in it and kept on hitting my Cobra LTDx that has an XCaliber Avalon 5 in it.  I couldn’t quite get this OP notion out of my head, though, having recalled many years ago when I hit a Callaway Duece with an L Flex shaft that belonged to a young lady who worked for me and just how well I hit it.  Instead of immediately ordering a new PLB, though, I went surfing around and found this:

IMG_0059.jpeg.960203730c20673249aa55bc3022d0ae.jpeg

For $35 I thought, why not?  I bought one in L flex, put it in the Stealth driver (I used the Stealth since it’s 10.5 degrees and my Cobra is 12 because, remember, I’m a low ball hitter) and, this time, it was magic.  I was hitting the ball higher and further than I have in a long time (I just turned 60) and carrying obstacles that I’ve been laying up in front of for a couple of years.  I don’t have launch monitor data or anything like that but when I can carry the bunker on the right side of number one at my home course, I’m definitely banging it further than usual.  I’d guess that my average drive is somewhere in the neighborhood of 240-250.  Over the past weekend, I had several that were 270 and one that was a little over 290.  That’s all the data I really need to be satisfied that, for me at least, this OP experiment works.  

Now that I’ve fallen into this rabbit hole, I’ve ordered a new, lower lofted Cobra driver, a PLB in L flex and an MP5 in L flex as well.  Now, if I could get someone to indemnify me against loss when my wife finds out what I’ve spent, I’d be in good shape.

Howard

Hello Howard!  Welcome to the rabbit hole and the madness.  Diving head first down this rabbit hole, I have purchased a second driver, 2 Fuji Air Speeder 45 shafts (that I did not like), 2 PLB 45 in senior flex, and a MP5 in ladies flex.  I have not experienced a great increase in distance as you have, but I find the lightweight, more flexible shafts just easier to swing.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

Which one of you guys traded in an epic speed to Callaway?

IMG_8144.jpeg

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

After spending most of yesterday in the hospital 🏥 getting tested for everything and anything because I had "Patchy" eyesight which means when I was watching TV Monday am I had a large black circle ⚫ while trying to read subtitles 😨 

I by luck an appointment Tuesday to see my Eye doctor and HE organized for me to be checked next day for a possible TIA a Stroke you weren't aware of, so it's my high blood pressure returns after 4years where I lost 33kgs after a month in a Coma.

The strange thing is I've felt really good so good I started light jogging 3-4 weeks ago, apart from muscle 💪 soreness and painful knee joints I feel better than I've felt in a Long time. But the specialist said if I have the black dot again call an Ambulance straight away and they have a much much better chance of finding out WHY, my purpose of telling you guys is if you have similar things happen to you get medical help ASAP. Monday am I had that large black dot for over 2hours when previously l'd only had it for a few minutes 😕, I'm not allowed to drive for a month which is going to be a challenge getting to golf so may not play unless I use a bus or my ebike hmmm 🤔

On 6/13/2023 at 9:54 AM, Vernon said:

Man this "scientific" experiment stuff is tuff business!  My brother was wanting to try the MP on Saturday so I stuck the Distanza back in my G430 and drove it pretty dang good.  The Distanza didn't offer up any of the 290 plus tee shots that I've been getting with the MP and Pro Launch but was very straight and in the 250's up to 280's pretty consistently.

My brother hooked his first few tee shots with the MP but then found a rhythm and was hitting the thing easily fifteen to twenty yards farther than usual.

As for the Distanza it's also a very stable feeling shaft -  in my hands anyways although more muted at impact - not as "crisp" feeling as the Pro Launch or MP.

I've not tried any other shafts in my G430 fairways and really like the Distanza in those but have a suspicion that the MP might make a great fairway wood shaft.

I still think I'm gonna cut an inch off of the MP just for giggles and if I don't like the shorter length in the driver then I'll try it in the five or seven wood and just order another one for the driver.  

If I can get it back from my brother that is........

Kinda tempted to try the MP in a Senior flex as well.

So many options yet so little time........

Got rained out Sunday and didn't play or hit balls yesterday but will be back out there this afternoon.

What is the "MP"?  Everyone using the acronym... but the actual shaft name is buried somewhere.

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

17 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

What is the "MP"?  Everyone using the acronym... but the actual shaft name is buried somewhere.

UST MP5

Screenshot_20230806_133259_Chrome.jpg.82e212c99cfe5fb83aa416f3c38b3b6c.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 minute ago, azstu324 said:

UST MP5

Screenshot_20230806_133259_Chrome.jpg.82e212c99cfe5fb83aa416f3c38b3b6c.jpg

Thank you!  The Pro Launch Blue 45 has been a good experiment so far.  But why leave good enough alone?

:ping-small:G410 plus driver,:taylormade-small:Aeroburner 3W, :cobra-small:F6 Baffler 
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titleist-small:2021 T300 6 - GW, SW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 58/12 wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

Alternates: Srixon ZX4 MKII irons

11 minutes ago, Dr Strangelove said:

Thank you!  The Pro Launch Blue 45 has been a good experiment so far.  But why leave good enough alone?

Some would say "why ruin a good thing".. others would say "why stop there?".. 😜

So far I've tried probably 7-8 variations of the OP so it's obvious which camp I'm in. That said, I don't think I've found better than the PLB. It's just so damn reliable (for me)

I'm still eyeballing the MB5 though as maybe my last run

MAXFLI  Tour CG