The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

49 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I'm posting from a hotel adjacent to Terminal 4 at Heathrow Airport. Why am I not somewhere over the North Atlantic at this moment? British Airways cancelled our flight two hours before scheduled departure and sent us all over here to spend the night while they rebook the entire plane, and I think it was full. They got me on a flight to Charlotte leaving at 12:15 pm London time Monday; I'm supposed to get back to the Casa around 7:30. Had to retrieve my golf clubs, tote them and my suitcase through Terminal 5, ride two different trains, and then through Terminal 4 to the hotel. Not sure I didn't walk more today than playing 18 holes at Brora yesterday.

Golf note: Couldn't watch the Scottish Open today. It was only shown on subscription TV here and the hotel doesn't subscribe. But I am about to watch the Euro soccer final which is on two networks.

Luggage note. I bought a bottle of whisky to take home, and put it in my golf travel case because the suitcase was completely stuffed. When I got the case to the hotel and opened it, thinking I could really use a shot right now... no whisky. Whether it was confiscated by security or just plain stolen, I don't know. Next time I'll put it in my carryon and shift more clothes to the golf case.

That sucks about the whisky!  Sorry about the delay too! We had an 8 hour delay there a few years ago, it got pushed back to 17 hours, so we took the free room then hopped on the tube and spent the day at a castle then the white cliffs. Had a nice afternoon tea experience while there.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.