The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

6 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Good morning spies!!

Had a great weekend, and got to play 36 holes.  A good scoring round Friday while playing hooky, and a less good scoring but very fun round yesterday having a “vintage iron” day with friends.  A slow start and bad putting doomed me but the Apex 99 irons were money.

Welcome to the nicest corner of the net @Jeremy1999 and @Bogey Train Conductor!

I am benching my LAB DF 2.1  putter. I have used it all summer, other than Friday, and have practiced and tried to dial it in. It just is too light for me and I have no distance control. I putted with Scotty on Friday and got much better results. Used the.LAB yesterday and was back to missing. I borrowed my friends Scotty for two 15 foot birdie putts and made them both center of the cup. I think a heavier weighted model would probably work for me, but alas, this putter fling is over. Don’t get me wrong, it always goes where I pointed, but I have trouble lining up the large head and distance control is a failure. Just not for me.  SAD!  lol.  

I wish you all super days!!

IMG_6635.jpeg.10a3415e4bf4904e74072198ab52b0e6.jpeg

What kind of vintage stuff were you playing? I try to play one vintage round a week of some kind or another

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

8 hours ago, BIG STU said:

What kind of vintage stuff were you playing? I try to play one vintage round a week of some kind or another

Apex 99 with Apex 4 shafts and Hogan 53 wedge!  So much fun. 

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042