The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

good morning all, 

the pw and 7i experiment with the recoil shafts produced good results, so i am dropping the rest of the irons off today. 

image.gif

have a grand friday 

I have been considering swapping out my steel iron shafts for lighter graphite shafts and have specifically been eying the recoil and mitsubishi mmt shafts. What were the improvements you saw? More distance, more spin, tighter dispersion, better feel?

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here | LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

My friend just did his first bourbon trail trek last summer, combined with the camaro/ firebird rally in NC. He ended up mailing his luggage home, so he could have enough room to bring back all his "souvenirs "  😆 

I just had a dream of sending all my luggage home via FedEx so that I can drive an 87 Firebird Trans Am with stacks  of unicorn bottles of booze so high I they poke out the t-tops . Jesus H that's the most baller thing I've ever heard of. 

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

3 hours ago, Cfhandyman said:

Good morning to all and Happy Friday.  Sitting here with my morning coffee listening to the pouring rain in January?  What’s wrong with this picture. The sun sends her regards, but she has decided to spend a few more days on vacation and will be back sometime next week.  She’s having a good time and sent this picture.  Have a great Friday. 
image.jpeg.881d40dbc09ba734fe9448a7b8c8c9ce.jpeg

that looks just like Oakville in February...

committed to performance excellence

1 minute ago, Javs said:

Good morning everyone. Today is a mini Christmas. I will be receiving my PXG Black Ops driver, 3 wood and hybrids. Also a couple new gloves from Red Rooster! Also planning a vacation to Portugal and Spain. Have a great Friday.

It's technically Portugal, but not really - one of my favorite trans-Atlantic flight stops was Lajes in the Azores. Those islands are so intensely green! I can't remember the name of the place, but I went out to a fancy restaurant in town and had an ostrich steak. It was honestly one of the best things I've ever had!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

2 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

.. only a few more hours until Happy Hour!! 😄

Good for you!!  On your way to getting in shape for Big Break MGS Kingsmill.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good morning and happy Friday Spies!

Anyone no how to get a 4 year old to go to bed before 11?  My boys are ready for bed and fall asleep soon after their head hits the pillows around 9.  My daughter, on the other hand, is turning into quite the night owl.  

Makes it really difficult to do things like... clean, laundry, relax, write forum reviews, you know basic adult stuff, when she's up later than I want to be up some nights!

Never had it quite this bad hope you figure it out. We do occasionally have to pretend the power "went out" and turn off the house breaker to help them feel a bit more tired, and really blackout the room in the summer. Good luck with that one.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, BLD7 said:

I head to the hospital with my wife. She has an outpatient ordeal and the medical folks say she won't be able to drive home. 

Hope everything goes well with your wife’s procedure 

1 hour ago, ILMgolfnut said:

but I don't know the spin characteristics. I've tried a variety of balls over the past 18 months, including Vice, Srixon and TaylorMade, and I've currently settled on the Srixon Soft Feel, largely because I just like the way it comes off the club. I'm not hitting big bananas with the Soft Feel, but I don't know if that's ball or swing. I wasn't hitting bananas last night either, but some definite pushes. 

I don’t know if you have looked at the data but  MGS ball test is a good way to compare balls to see how the various balls perform.   

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-balls/2023-golf-ball-test/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Good Morning everyone!!  Headed into the weekend with cold and rainy conditions.  Lots more rain this year than most years.  Full blown workout day... it's 8am and coffee is gone, so headed for stretches and core exercises followed up with resistance training, then easy pitching swings and iron swings, finishing up with driver speed work.  Have to finish before the golf tournament starts at 2pm.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and sorry if you have to work!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Anyone no how to get a 4 year old to go to bed before 11?  My boys are ready for bed and fall asleep soon after their head hits the pillows around 9.  My daughter, on the other hand, is turning into quite the night owl.  

Makes it really difficult to do things like... clean, laundry, relax, write forum reviews, you know basic adult stuff, when she's up later than I want to be up some nights!

Used to have the same issue with one of my daughters. We started doing preparations earlier. Setting a time for PJs, getting things ready and turning the lights down. Quiet time before (no TV or anything stimulating). Then she would turn on a night light, sound machine and crawl in. Then we told her to close her eyes and see how far she could count in her head….. we would mark it a whiteboard the next morning. That worked pretty well. Hope you find the magic method my friend!

Edited by ZoonORama

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

3 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

When you figure this out, will you pass along the info...?  I have a almost 3 year old that is the same way!  The wife will give her a night time shower and it seems to help some but she loves the water.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I know I have mentioned this before, but over the coming weeks we are going to see several more articles come out from our forum staff and we would appreciate everyone to check the main site and drop us a comment! It goes a lot way, sharing is even better as we hope you like a lot of these new articles from the forum staff! 

I look forward to it, would be happy to participate and appreciate the additional content.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Good morning or afternoon, depending on your location!

TGIFF!!!

That is all.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I don’t know if you have looked at the data

I've looked at some of it, including the Soft Feel. I also went back over to Golf Galaxy this morning to see what I was hitting in the sim last night. It was Maxfli Tour, which is 85 compression according to the MGS testing. Soft Feel is 60, by comparison. Maybe I would have gotten a little extra distance with those swings with a softer ball. I seem to get decent spin around the greens with the SF, sometimes too much; it checks up when I'd prefer it roll a little more.

Titleist argues that golfers have many swing speeds, which is true; I'm not swinging 77 mph with my 8-iron or 52-degrees, for sure. They also argue that their balls are suited for all swing speeds. I'm not so sure about that.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

51 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

When you figure this out, will you pass along the info...?  I have a almost 3 year old that is the same way!  The wife will give her a night time shower and it seems to help some but she loves the water.

She doesn't even nap during the weekend, so I don't know how she's not more tired.  I think she has major FOMO and likes the one on one time with mom and dad.

I sort of have to believe it has to do with being little during COVID.  She got way different treatment at home and a lot more mom and dad time than the boys did since she has basically only known the "working from home" life.  I'm just going to start waking her up early and hope she is more tired in the evening. haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

She doesn't even nap during the weekend, so I don't know how she's not more tired.  I think she has major FOMO and likes the one on one time with mom and dad.

I sort of have to believe it has to do with being little during COVID.  She got way different treatment at home and a lot more mom and dad time than the boys did since she has basically only known the "working from home" life.  I'm just going to start waking her up early and hope she is more tired in the evening. haha

Ours is the same way. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter