Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

@EnderinAZ Sorry to hear of your hernia injury. Best wishes for getting everything repaired quickly, with a speedy recovery and return to the game. 

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

7 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Well with being sidelined for the foreseeable future I posted up my Maxfli Tour X ball review. 

Must have missed in in the Maxfli thread or elsewhere... what happened?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

It’s an entirely different field than what I’ve been doing for the past twenty years, so it was a refreshing change of pace. Thank you for asking. 

That can be a good thing sometimes!  Congrats again!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

8 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Thanks! The whole thing was shot using the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 that I got right at the end of last year (Merry Christmas to me).  The more I use it and get comfortable with it, the more incredible I find it to be.  It's an all-in-one camera system, using a 1" sensor (significantly larger than a typical cell phone) and a fixed 20mm lens.  I bought the "Creator Combo" which came bundled with a wide-angle (magnetic snap-on - unbelievably cool) lens as well, but I find that 20mm is plenty wide for 99% of everything I need.  The things I love about the set-up are many, but the 2" rotating screen is seriously amazing - it was BRIGHT outside when I shot this, and I was able to see it in essentially every scenario (and the one time I couldn't, i just raised my other hand over the screen to be able to help see and it was totally fine).  It connects wirelessly and quickly to my iPhone, which means I can control it via that if I wanted to put it on a tripod and do a demo or something.  It's a crazy cool piece of tech.

The other reason I think it's particularly incredible is that you're able to capture footage (as I did in this one) in 10-bit D-Log M, which if you don't know, is effectively a very flat color profile that allows you to tweak all of your color/saturation/contrast settings later in your editing software.  So the original footage of this was all a little washed out (on purpose), and I dropped a LUT on top (that I downloaded from DJI's website, free of charge, mind you) and BAM all the colors totally popped.  It's shockingly easy to do - and as someone who'd used LUTs VERY sporadically up to this point, that's saying something.

I bought a few extras to make it work better for my needs, including an extendable selfie-stick that has a tripod base, as well as a set of ND filters that I use whenever I'm outside to be able to control my shutter speed - this is all very nerdy talk for saying you can make this thing whatever you want it to be without having to spend thousands of dollars on DLSRs and gimbals.  In my (admittedly amateur) opinion, this thing does 99% of what a $3,000 set-up would do at a fraction of the price and size.

Big fan, if you couldn't already tell 😉

@GolfSpy SAM many thanks for this.  This is valuable and insightful information to many of us , so I’m very appreciative and at a very attractive price to boot. Thanks for sharing. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

2 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

WORST 

APRIL FOOLS JOKE

EVER

I have been waiting all day and all night for this….nothing   out for delivery since 610 am 😩

image.png.f9dd3cfca5494889448b3c9e9367f459.png

As it is USPS, I am not surprised at all. Seems to be an ongoing issue for them lately...

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)