The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

3 hours ago, Northern Monkey said:

Good morning all. Back home now so today will be spent doing chores around the house. 
Pup is doing well with his rehab and will be back with us in 2 weeks so really looking forward to seeing him again. We are making use of the fact he is away so are going to Prague for the weekend. @MattWillGolf hope Coopers vet visit goes well. 
These are a few of our Rome pics IMG_0753.jpeg.05c8b75616b68fd7d326f79e237b316b.jpeginIMG_0750.jpeg.61c9ebab01983e086f16157e474cd901.jpegIMG_0741.jpeg.c1b73e7d5413706b1f5c0f3913dcd183.jpegIMG_0735.jpeg.8d81fd319157cf05c56aae81dac1e92c.jpegIMG_0732.jpeg.1b95b4e420aa2690790dd6d16b9030a6.jpegIMG_0730.jpeg.d63cc7784b442106a2bdc4b3a66616bc.jpegIMG_0720.jpeg.ba6bc50478ec6e0aff72fe4df9792202.jpegIMG_0714.jpeg.31a55c3f03e53ebe40bc7e477d193595.jpegIMG_0711.jpeg.4a00530734cfbc362e774c3fc0e380bc.jpegIMG_0706.jpeg.cf254f9289f516af99ab29d4d84acebd.jpegIMG_0736.jpeg.7adb1573e7b282bda24e4c6a3a513e28.jpegIMG_0743.jpeg.106b0c61f97fb20d4e338f19e8cdce89.jpegIMG_0744.jpeg.4f8bf905f4e0b378d502cfe848d2e199.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

Did you make it into the coliseum?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

9 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Should be a fun couple of days. I have @Erin B playing my home track and then we are playing a great track called star ranch. 

I need to move back to Texas. I miss the motherland 😿

Chux Bag o' Magic:

:PXG: Black Ops 10.5°

:PXG: 0317X Proto Hybrids (17°/19°)

:PXG: 0211 XCor 2021 Irons (5-PW)

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° wedge

Juggernaut Max CB Full Face 52,56,60° Wedges

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 custom broomstick

:callaway-small: Chrome Tour ballz

Tech: Garmin R10/Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Golf Edition

---Opus Platinum Forum Testing Review---

Good morning, spies! Another beautiful day ahead. No golf for me today, though—I'll be spending it with my two daughters. Reflecting on yesterday's round, I can't help but think about the penalties I handed out to myself, along with those frustrating 3-putts from long and short distances. 

Still, I feel like I’m on the verge of playing better than I ever have. On the plus side, my drives are improving, and I’m hitting more fairways. My second shots after a good drive aren’t getting shanked, and my approach strategy is becoming clearer as I get more familiar with the yardages for each club. I’ve also been working on relaxing my shoulders to putt with purpose, and I’m getting better at moving on from one hole to the next, focusing on the present instead of worrying about messing up after a great shot. 

Feels like I’m getting closer to that breakthrough!

Committed to excellence 

32 minutes ago, Chux13 said:

Same here in Arizona, but then you have to add in all the "snow birds" that show up. Prices get ridiculous and people become nasty out here 😞. I'm going to start looking out there, damn the torpedoes!!!

We have no nasty people here at Grand (formerly known as Sun City Grand)... but we definitely have snowbirds. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Good morning Spies!

Have a great time @Erin B and @Josh Parker!  We expect pics and stories.

@slash25rc have been following along, and glad to hear things are improving for you.  Stay safe and best of luck to you and your family.

@Northern Monkey you go to all the coolest places!  Nice photos.  Want any pics from Indiana?  It's gorgeous in places, to be sure, but not quite the same as what you have been seeing!

Work will keep me away from the community call but I will be there in spirit.  Will try to watch the replay.

Maybe range time on the way home for me . . .

I wish you all outstanding days!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 Max 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS1 (shafts:  :kbs: Tour 120S)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :cleveland-small: Frontline Elite 1.0
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Good morning spies! Well the Wild Bunch game ran okay. Only had a couple of issues trying to explain the game. We were way short of players, only 10, but that meant less time wasted on explanations. One of the players is really starting to have cognitive issues and his partner (we played 2 man teams) was livid at the end of the round. He felt he should not have to babysit during his round, and I have to agree. He ended up in last place and I do not believe he will play with his partner again. 

No golf for me today, I am not fond of the short course, every driving range for 20 miles in any direction is closed for overseeding. I hate this time of year.  It is like the month between the 15th of May and the 15th of June in Alaska. Waters are free of ice, the bears are not out yet, and the trout are stupid hungry. But, you can't fish for them because it is spawning season... 

Driver :taylormade-small: QI10 max

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter L.A.B. DF3 ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

Good Thursday morning to everyone. Typical Thursday morning of meeting after meeting after meeting. The majority of which could realistically be dealt with through a handful of Teams messages, but let's spend an hour listening to people talk instead. Still pushing low 100s here, which is a bit different than the mid 70s we were experiencing just a few hours south last week. Probably no golf today between meetings and the kids have their scheduled dentist checkup in the afternoon. Tomorrow I should be able to get some LM time scheduled to start doing some more comparisons with the GT3's. Probably going to mostly dive into the fairways since we didn't have as much time for them during the fitting, but first reactions from yesterday were pretty amazing, especially from the 5 wood. 

Work is starting to pick up the travel needs again, with a couple week long trips planned for October or November, and December already, so that will be something that my wife and I have to figure out with regards to handling child care. We are still adjusting to the fact that we don't have my FIL around to take care of the kids while we are at work, and me being out of town for a week is going to require some serious advance planning on our part. If only the kids were a little older, they could probably manage by themselves until my wife got home, but they are still a little young for us to trust them with that.

There's also word of a potential trip to Australia next year around May. Would be my first time to Australia, so that would be something new for me, but again, added stress around the house for my wife. I don't mind the occasional travel for my job, but there are definitely times I feel guilty about how much it places on my wife. It's starting to hit a little harder now when I think she doesn't have family with her to help out too. Maybe something for me to think about for the future.

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

Beautiful fall weather here in the Midwest but I haven't found time to get onto the course the past few weeks. Trying to figure out a break this weekend to play a round. I have been able to hit at the range with the kids weekly, which is a really good alternative. 

Rick

Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke TD 10.5 Denali Black 60 Stiff
3 Wood:  Cobra Aerojet 15 Kai'li Blue 60 Stiff
3 Hybrid:  Cobra Aerojet 19 KBS PGI 85 Stiff
5 Hybrid - Mizuno 220 ST-X 220 Aldila Ascent 50 Stiff
6 Hybrid - Mizuno 220 ST-X 220 Tensei CK Blue 70 Stiff
Irons 5-Gap:  Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, Recoil SW 780 Stiff
Wedges:  Cleveland RTX3 V-MG Cavity Back 50 turned to 52 and 56/11
Putter:  Odyssey 2 Ball

7 minutes ago, RichL85 said:

I don't mind the occasional travel for my job, but there are definitely times I feel guilty about how much it places on my wife.

Would it be possible for her to take the Aussie trip with you?

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

12 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Would it be possible for her to take the Aussie trip with you?

Potentially, it would mean taking our kids out of school for two weeks though. From what I hear, the locations where I would be visiting for work are not exactly the most exciting spots, so that may be an issue during the week. 

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing