Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

What putters does everyone use?

RickyFlowers

On 8/6/2023 at 1:30 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

LAB MEZZ Max here!

Love it, have the cappuccino finish with Accra black shaft. 1.5 grip and T-alignment aid. 

This thing is just stellar and I cannot say enough good things about it.

Another MEZZ.1 user. 

2 putted everything today outside of 10’. 

Made 4 birdies inside of 10’. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

My current gamer is an Odyssey Eleven with a single alignment stripe. Love the line as that and the face keeps my hits square (usually). Backup is a Ping  center shafted Sigma 2 Kushin C. As a straight back straight through kinda guy these face balanced putters fit my needs.

I still putt with a 20+ year old Cleveland Classics II with a plumbers neck and a Golf Pride 88cc pistol grip and average almost exactly 2 putts per hole. 

IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_2056.jpeg

Driver, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6I - 9I, PW, AW:  Callaway Rogue ST Max

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* Satin Low, 54* Black High, 50* Raw Mid

Putter:  Odyssey White Hot OG 7S 

Balls:  Pro-V1 from March - October

Supersoft from November - February

Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart circa 2004

The putter I'm gaming right now is an SC super select golo 6.5 with superstroke pistol 1.0. I have so many laying around and I've probably even given away about a dozen. I was a center shaft guy for a long time and only ended up with the golo after screwing around with one at the golf shop and the pro convinced me it matched my stroke well. Admittedly, my putting has improved recently. 

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

Ok, brace yourselves.  I use the Wilson 8813!  Yes, I bought it in 1989 and am still using it.  On average, I make right around 30 putts per round.  I've tried others and I just make more putts with the old putter.  As most of you know, 100% of golf is 90% mental.  So, I just have confidence with it and that makes all the difference in the world.  Also, I just have trouble looking down at the newer putters.  Some look like the Starship Enterprise; others look like anvils.  For me, they just don't inspire confidence.  Not sure that anyone will make the type of blade anymore.  Wilson did just come out woth a remake of the 8802.  I may have to get it after having a memorial service for the old one!  Mickleson uses a special blade that resembles the old Wilson 8802.  Moral of the story:  the best putter for you is the one you like the most.  Newer is not necessarily better.  

Titleist drive (TS1)., Callaway Epic Star 5wood; MAVRIK hybrids, Callaway irons, Ping Sand wedge and Vokey 60* wedge.  Still using my Wilson 8813 and am looking for a new putter.  My wife's bag is all Callaway.  I retired from the USAF after 30 years and 17 moves --loved my career.

2 minutes ago, catlo said:

Ok, brace yourselves.  I use the Wilson 8813!  Yes, I bought it in 1989 and am still using it.  On average, I make right around 30 putts per round.  I've tried others and I just make more putts with the old putter.  As most of you know, 100% of golf is 90% mental.  So, I just have confidence with it and that makes all the difference in the world.  Also, I just have trouble looking down at the newer putters.  Some look like the Starship Enterprise; others look like anvils.  For me, they just don't inspire confidence.  Not sure that anyone will make the type of blade anymore.  Wilson did just come out woth a remake of the 8802.  I may have to get it after having a memorial service for the old one!  Mickleson uses a special blade that resembles the old Wilson 8802.  Moral of the story:  the best putter for you is the one you like the most.  Newer is not necessarily better.  

Yes!  My favorite putter I owned was the Ping Doc17 that was huge and I had it forever.  It was so beat up and worn down I finally had to get rid of it.  Haven't found another one quite like it.  Just ordered the LAB because it seems to resemble the set up the most, so we shall see.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I write big so I can see it better.  

I had the luck/pleasure of bumping into a booth at a golf show here in No. Va. 

The booth was for positive putters.  I had time to kill because my buddies were shopping for deals.  The booth had a very Christian oriented banner, I don't remember the specifics.  It also had a bunch of putters swinging wildly on an apparatus three were swinging wildly and one was perfectly swinging.  I was drawn in to watching with another gent who was very suspicious of the apparatus, he said it has to be rigged.  The third gentleman standing near said to him he could switch them any way he wanted.  He even showed him how to hang them.  He asked what kind of putter I played and said if I asked the booth across from him they would let me borrow one to hang.  I did and it twisted like crazy.  Just like the others.  The gentleman asked If I would like to try a putter made just for me.  I said sure why not?  He handed me a yardstick and asked me to close my eyes and take a putter setup.  He marked where my hands sat on the stick and used a protractor to check the angle of the yardstick at the ground for lie angle.  He asked me what I would like in style of putter and where the shaft would go.  He said If I came back in half an hour he would have a putter try.

I followed my buddies for a while and went back.  The putter a Positive Putter P2 33" and 70* lie angle.  He put it on his fingers and I stood toe up.  I rolled ten straight putts from 5 to 10 feet dead in the heart.  I was excited but unsure.  I figured it would cost a small fortune.   It was only $150.  That was back in 2008 it is still in my bag.  I have 2 now.  I sent the original to be rehabbed and beautified at East Coast Custom Putters.  I figured I would invest in what works rather than switch to a new putter to get a better looking putter.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

Awesome to see so many responses!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Odyssey Eleven two ball with triple track. Sold off my Scotty Cameron Newport and haven't looked back.

Callaway Rogue ST 10.5° driver

Callaway Mavrik 3 wood

Tour Edge 522 3 Hybrid

Cobra MyFly 4 hybrid

Titleist 718 AP3s 5-PW, 48°

Edison wedges 52°, 58°

Odyssey 11 Two-Ball triple track putter

60s are the new 40s. Love golf-been playing since 10 years old-still no aces 😞

4 hours ago, Butterysmooth said:

Got fitted for a LH Spider X Ghost White.  Grew up with a lefty brother so always putted left handed even though I swing righty.  Probably kills my game but I’m used to it!  

My putting is so bad I've debated putting lefty. 

Currently gaming a Wilson Infinite "The L". In the market for something else.

And yes, the username checks out. 

Ping G410 9° @ 7.5°

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping Crossover 3 Iron

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 4 Iron, JPX 921 Tour 5-GW

Vokey SM8 56° & 60°

Wilson "The L" Putter

Had MGS Most Wanted 2 years in a row Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 for a few years. Likeable, but it was my first insert putter and it tended to take away from my feel. Left a lot of putts short over 20 feet. Have been playing a Pyramid for about 10 rounds now and loving it! Must be the geared face. Perhaps in a couple years I will spring for an Evnroll... 

Randjf

I go back and forth between a SC Newport 2 and a Phantom X 5.5. I feel more solid with the Phantom X 5.5 from about 8 ft and in, but my lag putts are so much better with the Newport 2. 

pingding.png.324887b4192bfb5d1850c6ef9a145e9a.png G425 Max 9° / Ventus Blue TR 6x

pingding.png.324887b4192bfb5d1850c6ef9a145e9a.png G425 Max 14.5° / Ventus Blue TR 7x

pingding.png.324887b4192bfb5d1850c6ef9a145e9a.png iCrossover 18° / Tour AD DI 85g X

pingding.png.324887b4192bfb5d1850c6ef9a145e9a.png 4-PW, i210 / DG Tour Issue x100

pingding.png.324887b4192bfb5d1850c6ef9a145e9a.png 50, 54, 58, Glide 3.0 / DG Tour Issue s400

scottycameron.png.fff001847dc29a8f6bcdec28c0b89995.pngPhantom 5.5x

maxflireal.png.df3ae70c09e0da74c354b2947c92011f.png Tour X

Like many of us, I have tried an insane number of putters trying to find my perfect solution. This includes multiple Pings, multiple 2-ball Odysseys, multiple Spiders, multiple Camerons (Newport style), several different Clevelands, Zebra, etc. I currently game a Ping Tyne 4 which is only noteworthy because I have used it for nearly 3 years. For me it sets up well and I find it reliable on 5 footers, easy to lag and very forgiving. I am really intrigued by the LAB Mezz, but haven’t been fitted. So I guess I an still vulnerable to the urge to switch. Oh well. 

Driver Ping G425

4 wood Tour Edge Exotics CBX

7 wood Ping G400

9 wood Ping G400

5-PW Mizuno Pro 223

50, 52, 58 wedges Mizuno T22

I was an odyssey Rossie user for 20 something years. Had the original that I got in 1997 when I first started playing. Upgraded to the white hot Rossie 2. Then moved on to the Rossie strokeLàb black a couple years ago.

But this past winter I decided to treat myself and got the Bettinardi Queen Bee #10. Simply because I loved the look of it. And I'll tell you what that milled face feels as soft if not softer than the insert face on my rossies. 

I loved it instantly.

Doug Life

On 8/6/2023 at 7:11 AM, OrangeCrush said:

I have been gaming a Bradley Luna XL for the last year and a half. 

IMG_20230405_213450_696.jpg

How do you like it for playing? I’ve been a big fan of his work for the last couple years now but haven’t met anyone who played one. 

Tester Opportunities

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

The Bag

Driver - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym Ai Smoke MAX Driver with Project X Denali - 6.5

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro 20° with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges - :ping-small: S159 50, 54, 58 Dynamic Gold X100 (TESTER)

Putter - :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter , 🦓 Zebra AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro Plus

Tester for 

2024 Ping S159 Wedges

2023 Zebra AIT3 Putter

Just started gaming a fitted Cleveland HB Milled putter (11). Actually played in the first round with it yesterday and it is such an amazing putter. The feel, roll, and stroke of this club feels incredible for me compared to other offerings I have used. Need to do an actually update to my signature now that I think about it.

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

Mine is the old, old Callaway Bobby Jones Commemorative model .  Still good after all this time!

IMG_20230808_105951.jpg

IMG_20230808_105853.jpg

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather