Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well, it seems that you actually can poop yourself in the fairway and not get arrested!  Sheesh, what a miserable round of golf today.  Doubled the first hole....then we were off to the races.  I managed to scrape by and score 41 on the front.  I was thinking that I could make things happen on the back....nope!  On # 10 had a 150+ yard bunker shot for my approach.  Unfortunately, I was on the left side of the fairway with the pin on the right of the green.  I decided to cut the ball out of the bunker and attempt a smooth fade to the hole.  IT WORKED!  Parred the hole...looked like a genius.  On 11 I managed another double.  Then a few more bogeys on the way in and another 82.  Just couldn't get going at all.  Nothing I did really worked much.  Chipping was ok on the holes I couldn't putt.  Putting was ok on the holes I couldn't chip.  Driving was mostly army golf:  left on one hole right on the next.  I did, however, beat the guys I was playing with...they were excited to see me "play so well."  Bah!!!!  The course and my ego beat me today.  Hard and often.  I would cry, but I am too disheartened, thus it  doesn't seem sufficient.

Tomorrow, I will punish the ball, the course, and par!!! 

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

So I learned (it was more I didn’t listen to my gut) two things today. I am not a pro golfer and shouldn’t try the hero shots. Also, when the wind is blowing in your face, your normal club will not get to the green. A bonus one, when hitting into the wind and you fade or draw, it fades or draws a lot more. Shot a 99. Lost 3 balls total. I was proud of that. When I finally realized I needed to not take my normal club with the wind pushing down the hole, I hit an amazing tee shot into a par 3. Still 2 putted, but it was great. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Highs and lows today. 

Played a great front 9 and fell apart on the back. Couldn't drive and started topping things all over. Only thing that saved me was my wedges were pretty damn close. 

40 is my best 9 at this course so tying that was good. The 47 hurt as bad as my hip does. I need to figure out what stretching or strength training I need to do to fix that damn thing. Screenshot_20240904_170617_ShotScope.png.f0118332cdbe77f004b4d230f9221e66.png

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

Managed to get out for 9 this afternoon. Had a really decent round. +1, so I can't complain. For the season I've been using Maxfli Tour  or Tour X depending how windy it was. Today I found a Maxfli Softfli and decided to knock it around a bit. Man, it really flies off the driver face. Granted I'm a slow swinger but I was getting 8-10 yards distance compared to my other 2.  Have to think more about this one perhaps. 

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I unfortunately couldn't play today (heatwave). However, I did spend some time on the range, working on my 5-iron. And I worked on some drills with the putter. So overall, it was a decent day.

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D 

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

My game is rounding into shape for my favourite time of year to play here in Canada, the fall. On another feed I mentioned that I got fitted for a new putter and the hole looks like it’s 10 inches round right now. 
I’ve now played 45 holes with the new weapon and I’ve made 15 birdies and 1 eagle! My new best friend is my Ping Tyne 4!

Lets hope it continues for our Senior Club Championship that starts today!

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

47 minutes ago, Flanpro said:

My game is rounding into shape for my favourite time of year to play here in Canada, the fall. On another feed I mentioned that I got fitted for a new putter and the hole looks like it’s 10 inches round right now. 
I’ve now played 45 holes with the new weapon and I’ve made 15 birdies and 1 eagle! My new best friend is my Ping Tyne 4!

Lets hope it continues for our Senior Club Championship that starts today!

WOW!  That's a rousing endorsement for the Ping Tyne 4!  My old Odyssey serves me well but always looking for something new.  Will have to check out this flatstick.

PXG Gen6 0311 driver 9 degree with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g stiff shaft

Tour Edge Exotics C722 2 hybrid (17 degree)

Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 3 hybrid (20 degree)

Callaway Mavrik 5 hybrid (23 degree)

PXG 0311XP Gen3 irons 6-PW

Wedges: Edel 48 degree;  Cleveland RTX Fullface 52 degree; Cleveland Smartsole 58 degree

Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 putter

Played a round at a local track in Hinckley Ohio named VALLEAIRE Golf Club. I’m still figuring my way around after finding golf again post a 15 year hiatus. I hit it well sometimes and other times leaves me scratching my head. I have developed a sense of when I do something wrong, why that result happened so I can try to correct it the next shot. Improvements have been made. Enough about that on a par 3 167 yard hole, dew soaking up the greens and fairway, I hit a comfortable 7 iron into this green that was dead straight the entire way. As it approached earth I knew it was on line, just couldn’t judge the distance due to a backdrop of bright sun coming up over the trees. It hit green short of the cup a few yard and landed softly about 2.5 feet from the hole. Approaching the green knowing I hit my best shot of the day to that point I couldn’t help but notice the crater pitch mark I left which I was fairly impressed with. Dryer conditions, I may have been left with a better result. In case you’re wondering, I then missed the birdie putt by a touch and ended with a par. Either way, it’s shots like that that keep me coming back for more. 

Just wanting to enjoy the game as much as possible

I wasn’t expecting that much from my game after a 2 week hiatus, and honestly I wasn’t playing too well before the break. So I guess I figured out that if you don’t have lofty expectations, good things will happen.  Surprisingly, I finished my round with a shocking 68!!! I started thinking about shooting my age when I was 3 under with 4 holes to play and chasing a 66. 

1 hour ago, Bizekidz007 said:

I wasn’t expecting that much from my game after a 2 week hiatus, and honestly I wasn’t playing too well before the break. So I guess I figured out that if you don’t have lofty expectations, good things will happen.  Surprisingly, I finished my round with a shocking 68!!! I started thinking about shooting my age when I was 3 under with 4 holes to play and chasing a 66. 

Wow! Amazing round! Career best?

WITB

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

3 minutes ago, Bizekidz007 said:

Actually I shot a 62 3 years ago. 

62 is insane.

WITB

21 hours ago, Dweed said:

Today I found a Maxfli Softfli and decided to knock it around a bit. Man, it really flies off the driver face. Granted I'm a slow swinger but I was getting 8-10 yards distance compared to my other 2.  Have to think more about this one perhaps. 

When we win long drive or closest to pin in our league, we get a sleeve of Softfli's. They are my go-to cold weather ball as the "softness" feels more normal when it's cold. I actually kind of like them, although I've never hit one during summer months.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

78 today.  11 fairways, but only 5 GIRs.  29 putts, no 3 putts.  Got up and down 7 times.  I was testing the Titleist AVX again....can't seem to hit it far enough with the "right" irons to land/stay on the greens.  I am going back to my Callaway Supersofts, for good, or at least an equivalent.   I  cannot seem to play with "expensive" golf balls.  Started playing when I was quite poor and got used to the way they play.  I keep trying to use "better" golf balls and it never goes well.  Sooooo, 75, 82, 78 over the last 3 rounds.  Trying hard to get "things" in shape for the club championship soon.  Will need more practice time to feel comfortable with my longer clubs.  Tomorrow, the quest continues.

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Ping Anser2 G2 putter

Dedicated Walker

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

When we win long drive or closest to pin in our league, we get a sleeve of Softfli's. They are my go-to cold weather ball as the "softness" feels more normal when it's cold. I actually kind of like them, although I've never hit one during summer months.

I was really surprised at how good they felt in warm weather. I'm the same, I usually use Callaway Supersoft when the temps drop below 50. I'm giving the Softfli a chance for sure.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Played our clubs second Championship round on the weekend and was looking to improve on my first round blow out. As a higher handicapper, my first goal is to break 100. My second is to get as close to 90 as possible. So starting the day with an absolute poo first hole (8 on a par 4), it wasn't looking good. But except for a couple blow out holes on 2 x par 5's where I lost my drives, looking back at the scorecard I didn't play to shabby. Just need to work on improving the greens in reg and I reckon breaking 90 is next on the cards.

hole19_share_round_scorecard_1725609767979.jpg.56aeb6ea2a4c4e6851051090021c8c51.jpg

7 minutes ago, MichaelC_81 said:

Played our clubs second Championship round on the weekend and was looking to improve on my first round blow out. As a higher handicapper, my first goal is to break 100. My second is to get as close to 90 as possible. So starting the day with an absolute poo first hole (8 on a par 4), it wasn't looking good. But except for a couple blow out holes on 2 x par 5's where I lost my drives, looking back at the scorecard I didn't play to shabby. Just need to work on improving the greens in reg and I reckon breaking 90 is next on the cards.

hole19_share_round_scorecard_1725609767979.jpg.56aeb6ea2a4c4e6851051090021c8c51.jpg

I was in the same boat earlier this year. Trying to chase a 90 for the first time and it was highs and lows. One thing that really helped me was a range card that was accurate and had dispersion numbers. If you can get onto a simulator and hit 5 good shots with each club you'll have a standard carry and roll for each club. Write it on a card or put it in your phone and you'll have good numbers for chasing greens.

What really helped was knowing my bad shots.

With the dispersion you can know what your shot cone will look like. For example I know that my miss is typically right and about 8 yards with my 9 iron. So instead of aiming at flag or aiming at the center of the green I aim in such a way that my 8 yard dispersion will still be on. That helped me get to 90 earlier. Getting to 80 was all about tracking every shot and focusing my practice where I was loosing strokes. In my case it's putting. There are 100 apps for tracking clubs and shots and seeing your strokes gained. My favorite is the shotscope system. Screenshot_20240818_152039_ShotScope.png.d3b6c1926ec7756094a6543b1db618ba.png

7 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

I was in the same boat earlier this year. Trying to chase a 90 for the first time and it was highs and lows. One thing that really helped me was a range card that was accurate and had dispersion numbers. If you can get onto a simulator and hit 5 good shots with each club you'll have a standard carry and roll for each club. Write it on a card or put it in your phone and you'll have good numbers for chasing greens.

What really helped was knowing my bad shots.

With the dispersion you can know what your shot cone will look like. For example I know that my miss is typically right and about 8 yards with my 9 iron. So instead of aiming at flag or aiming at the center of the green I aim in such a way that my 8 yard dispersion will still be on. That helped me get to 90 earlier. Getting to 80 was all about tracking every shot and focusing my practice where I was loosing strokes. In my case it's putting. There are 100 apps for tracking clubs and shots and seeing your strokes gained. My favorite is the shotscope system. Screenshot_20240818_152039_ShotScope.png.d3b6c1926ec7756094a6543b1db618ba.png

Cheers mate, that is actually not a bad idea. Love a good XGolf session, but writing the distances down could be a game changer.

13 minutes ago, MichaelC_81 said:

Cheers mate, that is actually not a bad idea. Love a good XGolf session, but writing the distances down could be a game changer.

This is how I do mine.

Screenshot_20240905_184602_OneNote.png.7af9c02283a4b220006c75e09b7d6eec.png

When I do my sim runs I set the surface area to hard and that's how I get my roll numbers. These represent a worst case distance and I will half the roll for medium greens and for soft I'll assume zero roll or some come back depending on the swing. Wedges with shoulder or full swings tend to spin back a bit if not dead stop.

Played the par 3 at my course.  First 2 holes were ok. Fell apart after that.  😔 

So by hole 3 I stopped tracking and Just had fun.

Yesterday the white tees were no longer than 165ish

Today they were 125-180!

Here's the recap of most of the holes.  I struggled!

https://youtu.be/tRezWmGMyq8?si=FOvdzeMSVggpgWbb

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

shot a 82 on a links course 18 holes over the weekend in maryland .  I started playing alot the past 2 years either though ive played my whole life the love for golf has come back and its like a bug bit me .I was a serial slicer  I've  really tryed hard this year to be more consistent on my drives hit more fairway try not top my irons my biggest mentality is don't 3 putt in ill do just fine.  I went from shooting low hundred to sometimes in the 90s . this year I've been more consistent shooting in the 80s . I've learned if I  hit at the  driving range before going out for a round I play worst. my biggest thing was closing club head on impact now my drives are mostly dead straight I even hit a drive 300 yards I was ecstatic. If your a golfer who doesn't think they can break 90s am Living proof you can . just be patient and have fun 

chris

1 minute ago, chris51 said:

shot a 82 on a links course 18 holes over the weekend in maryland .  I started playing alot the past 2 years either though ive played my whole life the love for golf has come back and its like a bug bit me .I was a serial slicer  I've  really tryed hard this year to be more consistent on my drives hit more fairway try not top my irons my biggest mentality is don't 3 putt in ill do just fine.  I went from shooting low hundred to sometimes in the 90s . this year I've been more consistent shooting in the 80s . I've learned if I  hit at the  driving range before going out for a round I play worst. my biggest thing was closing club head on impact now my drives are mostly dead straight I even hit a drive 300 yards I was ecstatic. If your a golfer who doesn't think they can break 90s am Living proof you can . just be patient and have fun 

Wtg!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Solid day today, 72.

3 birdies, 3 bogey's, 12 pars.

My swing is strarting to grove a bit and I sunk some nice putts for pars to keep the round going.

I feel like I am close to a good round if all goes well.. 

Tomorrow is day 5 in a row, needed to put lots of reps in to get ready for the tournament next week, I will take saturday/sunday off, maybe go to the range then head over to Vancouver to get ready to play...

Have a great evening...

committed to performance excellence