How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

46 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Focused on rotation of my hips vs swaying and it made a huge difference in ball striking today,  .i managed to hit solid shots basically all day in tough conditions.  Shot 83 from the back tees.  Now I wish I had figured this out 4-6 weeks ago! 🤣

Golf is a hard game…

I've been focusing on this as well. When I sway the ball most certainly pushes to the right with more spin. I try to pivot on a pole, rotate the hips like you mention, and the ball flight is much straighter and the ball goes further, even with a slower swing. Keep it going! 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus, 9* turned 9.75*, Stiff, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60g, Cut 1" Short

Hybrid: :adams-small: Pro 2 Hybrid 18* Aldila Tour 75g Stiff 

Driving Iron: Akira Mi118 Prototype Utility 2 Iron

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790, 4-GW Dynamic Gold, Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore MID 56* & 60*, Bent 2* upright

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: GM2 Exchange 2 Mallet, Center Shaft, Super Stroke 2.0

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: Blue Tees Golf Series 3 Max Rangefinder

Bag: :sunmountain: Boom 14-Way Cart Bag

Beautiful day in Michigan. 65 degrees, a bit breezy at 15 G25, but not a cloud in the sky. Way too dry, actually bone dry. Ponds are getting drained. Course including greens are very hard. Shot 42 but the head slapper is 50% of my score were putts. Had 3, 3 putts. Man they were running fast and hard to hold. Not a one putt anywhere. All those in FL please be safe over the next few days. Do what you need to but be safe. Prayers being said.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Yesterday I played 18 at my home course. As far as weather, it was a beautiful day. A little fog at the start but it burned of quickly. Now to how did I play? I will say it was a tale of 2 different 9nines. On the front nine I was 1 under 35. Now comes the back nine 9 over 45. 
not sure what happened but I guess I forgot how to swing on the back.

Cobra LTDX 10.5driver

Cobra LTDX 3 wood

Cobra LTDx 5 wood

Cobra Dark Speed 7 wood

Cobra King Tour irons  5 thru. p UST Recoil 680 shafts

Cobra Snakebite 48, 54, 60

Cobra Vintage Stingray 40

Mizuno RB Tour

1 hour ago, Dweed said:

Where at? Looks nice.

Royal Oak golf course.  Weather was great. They had just plugged the greens but I was happy to get out after a long work day

Driver - Stix Compete
5W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha
7W - :ping-small: G5
5H - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H, 5-GW - :ping-small: G15
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3

Played this morning with regular foursome and played reasonably well for the cooler temperatures. Actually, used more club than usual due to being low 50's at the start, to low 60's at the end of the round.

Only missed fairways were due to going though doglegs, or too much draw with a 3 wood. Greens were punched a couple weeks ago, and were in much better shape than expected, not too many bumps or bounces.

Some pictures of the fall colors also enclosed, although some trees are already bare.

Screenshot2024-10-08193405.jpg.78de127be592ca46a64d4a96fa38231b.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7552.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

Shot my most consistent round of the year, 4 pars, 4 bogeys and a birdie on the last hole for a 39. We teed off at 10:00 instead of 8:30 because it was 41 degrees at 8:30 and it still never got above 56. Maybe I play better with 4 layers of clothes on, don't want to try that when it's 90 out. Play well everyone and keep the people in Florida in your prayers. 

Frank musolino 

5 hours ago, Boris119 said:

. I am a 9.3 handicap and today was the best game I have ever played in 50 years of golf. Shot a 60, yes I said a 60 so actually shot better than my age of 65.

This was the big surprise. My tee shots were just slightly above average. The fairway to green was average. Where this round seemed to come together was my putting, that was way above average. I 1 putted many holes with putts of over 20 feet. 

i average in the low 80s. Have broke into the 70’s a time or 2 but breaking 70 and getting into the low 60s was the biggest shock to me. I doubt I will ever see this again.

IMG_0320.png

IMG_0319.png

well, that number caught my attention, congratulations, wow....

committed to performance excellence

7 hours ago, Boris119 said:

. I am a 9.3 handicap and today was the best game I have ever played in 50 years of golf. Shot a 60, yes I said a 60 so actually shot better than my age of 65.

This was the big surprise. My tee shots were just slightly above average. The fairway to green was average. Where this round seemed to come together was my putting, that was way above average. I 1 putted many holes with putts of over 20 feet. 

i average in the low 80s. Have broke into the 70’s a time or 2 but breaking 70 and getting into the low 60s was the biggest shock to me. I doubt I will ever see this again.

IMG_0320.png

IMG_0319.png

Great round, looks like your irons and putter were on fire.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It just takes one tree to make a hole. 20241009_110943.jpg.a1c677fe068d5f790994915c1221c8de.jpgHere at Forest of Dean golf club (on the English side of the border with Wales) the 200 yard par 3 16th would be pleasant but unremarkable. Yes, the hole slopes down from the tee box to the green, unlike many of the other holes on the course, where the greens are hidden by rolling hills and dales. So the golfer on the 16th has a pretty clear view of the terrain ahead. Avoid the line of trees and brush on the right. But the line of attack narrows with the lone tree on the left side. That one tree adds spice to the hole. I'm beginning to learn to pay attention to how one tree can reshape my initial plans for a hole.

Anybody else have that experience?

20241009_093432.jpg.29b57a2dfc38cb6be417174a15a0514a.jpg

I must say the green keepers at Forest of Dean do a grand job. I drove there in pouring rain the night before, a small legacy of last week's Atlantic hurricane as it swept eastward. The deluge may well have shut the course most other places. But not Forest of Dean.

By the way, I shot 95, one better than my course handicap. I could have been disappointed by the number of times the ball just plugged in the sodden earth. But the truth is I was just happy to be out, and discover a new course all on my own - only the second time I have done this in my eleven month golfing career.

20241009_101915.jpg.750a2ab7f50091a2f9b1af6fe74c6886.jpg20241009_101953.jpg.5756b5e1ce7137ed1f74726dc6a5d0d0.jpg

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW - Tensei Blue 55R

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids - NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW - KBS Tour 90

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 - Elevate MPH 95

* Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60 - Dynamic Gold

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Srixon Q Star Tour and other non-tour urethanes

* Shot Scope X5

12 hours ago, Boris119 said:

IMG_0320.png

IMG_0319.png

WOW! Congratulations on an incredible round! I gotta ask, was it a course record? And what was the course rating?

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D w/Newton Golf Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

4-iron: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1

Glove: :bridgestone-small:Soft Grip Hybrid Leather

4 hours ago, TheBirdieMasterLOL said:

WOW! Congratulations on an incredible round! I gotta ask, was it a course record? And what was the course rating?

We asked ,  and no one k ew the record. this is a small rural course, I played from the yellow tees so below is the course rating. I know it is nowhere near doing this on a PGA Tour set up course but it is a great mark for me.

image.jpeg.95dd1f7d5c7c97b285dee711a711d890.jpeg

Cobra LTDX 10.5driver

Cobra LTDX 3 wood

Cobra LTDx 5 wood

Cobra Dark Speed 7 wood

Cobra King Tour irons  5 thru. p UST Recoil 680 shafts

Cobra Snakebite 48, 54, 60

Cobra Vintage Stingray 40

Mizuno RB Tour

19 hours ago, Boris119 said:

I am a 9.3 handicap and today was the best game I have ever played in 50 years of golf. Shot a 60, yes I said a 60 so actually shot better than my age of 65

🤯 Literally mind blowing dude! That's fantastic and CONGRATS!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"   play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W...Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour/Tour S. Or a found Pro V1/x.

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

2 hours ago, Boris119 said:

We asked ,  and no one k ew the record. this is a small rural course, I played from the yellow tees so below is the course rating. I know it is nowhere near doing this on a PGA Tour set up course but it is a great mark for me.

image.jpeg.95dd1f7d5c7c97b285dee711a711d890.jpeg

Congrats! What an accomplishment - and never apologize for what tees you play or the set up. You still had to make all the shots and putts for a great round. 

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

Had a, what I would call a productive day, on the links yesterday.

My goal of putting myself to closer proximity on my approach shots worked quite well, the shots were much closer than on Monday. 

Hit 13 fairways, 14 greens but had 34 putts.

The "fall" greens are not as smooth or fast as the "summer" greens and we had quite a bit of rain on Tuesday so getting machines on the greens were not easy. 

It is always a challenge not to "adjust" my putting stroke or ball position when the greens aren't great as I dont' want to fall into bad habits.

Something to be careful with.

So at the end of the day it added up to 75 but came away with some things to work on today..

committed to performance excellence

Made it out to Eaton Canyon this morning. It is a 9 hole par 35 course. I shot +11 with 5 bogeys, 3 doubles, and 1 par. My driving was awesome today which set the table for my other clubs to finish the job. My 4h and 3 wood were both striking well today, but a little slicier than I would like. Not far into the trees, but not exactly where I wanted. My wedges were bad today, just couldn't catch a good one at all and that honestly lead to most of woes this morning. Putting suffered from longer-than-usual putts because of the wedges. Still a great round in my eyes and one my best yet.

I wish I had that birdie chance back on the 3rd 🤦🏽‍♂️

IMG_20241010_135507.jpg.ee9ec950f97ad8d38177e32de9306228.jpg

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

Forum Member Reviews:

Man. A 60!! and then moments later another spy Hole in One!!  Wow folks. Congratulations to you both.

Had a beautiful day for a round of 9. 60*, blue skies, no clouds, very light breeze. Just beautiful, even for MI. Shot 38. Had some good shots, a few I wish I could take over but no 3putts. That is always success for me. So, what does one do after they rinse a ball in the foreground?  Standback and just take in the background.FallGlory.jpg.e59e7277770cd6f5f007cdf0c570aa20.jpg

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Today was a very humbling round on the front 9. I was smoking off the tee and anything outside of 100 was great. Had some incredible iron shots. But I couldn’t hit a wedge to save my life. Several hosels. Luckily the gentleman I was playing with was awsome and finally told me in #9 “throw a few balls down and just chip some, get your tempo with the wedges back”. Well I did just that.

went 45 on the front and proceeded to toss a 35 on the back for an even 80. Granted that came with my first ever 🎇HIO🎇 but if rgat was a par would have been a nice 37.

For all of your amusement my reaction to the HIO

The shot was on #13 at blissful meadows in uxbridge, MA. It is their signature home which is built on an old silver mine. I was 165 out with wind in the face added a little distance. I absolutely smoked the shot. Little baby fade left to right and it fell about pin high but I couldn’t quite see it with the shadows. The gentleman I was playing with said he thought it went in, and it did.

Congrats man!  What an awesome day!  

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Today was a very humbling round on the front 9. I was smoking off the tee and anything outside of 100 was great. Had some incredible iron shots. But I couldn’t hit a wedge to save my life. Several hosels. Luckily the gentleman I was playing with was awsome and finally told me in #9 “throw a few balls down and just chip some, get your tempo with the wedges back”. Well I did just that.

went 45 on the front and proceeded to toss a 35 on the back for an even 80. Granted that came with my first ever 🎇HIO🎇 but if rgat was a par would have been a nice 37.

The shot was on #13 at blissful meadows in uxbridge, MA. It is their signature home which is built on an old silver mine. I was 165 out with wind in the face added a little distance. I absolutely smoked the shot. Little baby fade left to right and it fell about pin high but I couldn’t quite see it with the shadows. The gentleman I was playing with said he thought it went in, and it did.

Dam we lost another member of the Aceless Thread😉.

Congrats

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Congratulations all around today!  Yall were on fire!!!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 10/9/2024 at 12:45 PM, Boris119 said:

IMG_0320.png

IMG_0319.png

@GolfSpy_BEN get this man a badge!  Ha.

Holy cow what a round!!

Congrats on one heck of a round! 17/18 GIRs

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

On 10/9/2024 at 1:45 PM, Boris119 said:

IMG_0320.png

IMG_0319.png

Congrats on an incredible round! I have added the broke 70 badge to your profile. 

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

5W: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

4i-PW:  :PXG: 0317t Project X LZ 6.0

50°,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:cameron-small: Super Select Newport 2+

Ball:  :titleist-small: ProV1x

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Played 9 holes at my home course today. Ballstriking was decent, but my putter was on fire. 4 birdies and 0 bogies, and 3 of the 4 birdies were on putts outside of 15 feet. And congratulations to @GolfSpy_SHARK on an impressive HIO!

WITB
Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST D w/Newton Golf Shaft

3 Wood: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue St D

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max

4-iron: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY

5-PW: :taylormade-small: P7MC

52*, 56*, and 60*: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 Nickel w/Custom USA 🇺🇸 Paint Fills

Putter: Sacks Parente Custom Series 54 Mid-Sized White 1 Stripe - Center

Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1

Glove: :bridgestone-small:Soft Grip Hybrid Leather

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Congratulations.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8