Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Had a tune up lesson with our course pro today, in preparation for my TMaG fitting tomorrow.

It was just what the doctor ordered! He helped me refind my "relaxed power" principles and I was flat out puring the ball again! Probably the single most effective lesson I've ever had, and I've taken many lessons from this pro over the years. I was hitting the ball so well that I hated to leave the range I was having so much fun!

I'm ready to go!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

RP: So, when do you add motiviational speaker to the golfing world to your resume?

One day, you need to take a trip out west. We'll introduce you to a real live Yeti while picking your brain.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I agree with R.P. about sparnar's potential, especially from the mental side. He is far and away more self aware about his game than I was when I was trying to break 100. However, breaking 100 is still a worthy goal, and as much as it seems from our end that sparner should be kicking that door down with authority in the near future, the fact remains that he hasn't yet! It wouldn't surprise me if he did go out and break 100 and 90 on the same round, that would be quite a feat, but I'm just ready for him to break that 100 mark no matter how he does it!

It wouldn't surprise me if he did go out and break 100 and 90 on the same round, that would be quite a feat, but I'm just ready for him to break that 100 mark no matter how he does it!

Yup.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Dude, forget 100. Seriously. Forget it. Think 90! I don't mean to just post back and tell me whatever sounds good, I mean, start RIGHT NOW thinkin & visualizin about shootin an 87, 85 or whatever number ya pick. PICK A NUMBER! And don't pick 89. LOL

Of course the 90's are close. You know that. But forget about 'em. It ain't no big thing for you. 30 putts? 14 on a nine with two treys? 7 of 9 FIR? These are numbers that a mid-80s and lower caliber of player would post, so that tells ya(me) that you've got the shots and game to go lower, much lower than frickin 100!!

Stop thinkin aboout the 90s. And don't patronize me and say "OK," and then go out to the course and think "99, 95, 93" or whatever number that you've picked. It sounds like you're thinkin & analyzin your game like an 80-70s player already, just clear your mind of this "break 100" crap. Analyze and COMMIT to what it takes to break 90 and approach EVERY SHOT with that vison in your mind. Trust me, not only will you break 100 sooner, but you'll break it by more and you'll be in the 80s much sooner. Then we'll readjust & getcha thinkin in-round like a 70s player, and wa-la, you'll get there. Much sooner than all of this other crap.

And I mean nothing against anything posted by you or anyone else, cuz there are great comments from you and others. It's just that I'm lookin at your recent numbers, and you've got the ability & more importantly, the game NOW, to go below 90, so why the hell waste time, energy and emotions on somethin that you should blow by without sweatin?

Readjust! And we'll definitely fall all over ourselves congratulatin you on breakin 100, but Dude, you should be crackin 90! Just take the same approach during your round that you do in pre & post round analysis. Not the analyzing, but the approach. Visualize. Smart shots. Don't try to be a hero or hit one like Rory. The hacks do that. Play the percentage shot. ALWAYS. AVOID THE BIG MISS!! And think, eat & breathe 87, 85, 83 or whatever number that you pick.

But pick one. And mentally play the round that gives you that score. Where does your drive land? You've got 178yds to the pin.You've got a left-to-right breeze goin, with the pin back-left, sand front & side left with about 25' of green in front, 45' right of pin with sand right & heavy ruff behind. See the shot. Feel the shot. Hit the shot. See the ball fly and drop 20-22' right of pin. Feel that shot. Now step from behind the ball, take your address and hit that shot!

And can that putting lesson. Ya had 30 frickin putts! If you have a 40 putt day, make the lesson..lol

You got the game Bro. Now just bring it.

All the Best,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Thanks, Richard! You give a mean motivational speech.

You've charged me up so much, that if I hadn't been at the office already, I would have been REALLY tempted to call in sick, and go shoot a 87!

I think you've got a great point, and I feel like I should be able to shoot close to 90, but it feels like I have to get this 100 thing behind me. It sounds silly, especially if you think I'm trying to cut 2 shots when playing 101. That is really just better concentration on 2/3 shots, and I'm there. Sounds easy enough, but I just have to break through that barrier.

I reckon I should print out your post, and read it before each round. Seriously. In fact, I'm gonna take a copy of it, and stick it on the phone for review before my next round.

If you don't mind, I'm gonna go stick this post of yours, in my breaking 100 thread, just as reference.

Thanks again.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

I agree with R.P. about sparnar's potential, especially from the mental side. He is far and away more self aware about his game than I was when I was trying to break 100. However, breaking 100 is still a worthy goal, and as much as it seems from our end that sparner should be kicking that door down with authority in the near future, the fact remains that he hasn't yet! It wouldn't surprise me if he did go out and break 100 and 90 on the same round, that would be quite a feat, but I'm just ready for him to break that 100 mark no matter how he does it!

Yup.

Thanks, guys. It just sucks that I have so little time for playing in the upcoming weeks. I just have to make a plan.

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

• SPY VIP

Well, I've been in Cleveland all week at the Clinic so I didn't get to play, though I brought a few(LOL) putters and waste my evenings having putting contests with myself. I also brought my 12' artificial "green."

I sank a 12'er to win the Sr. Mid-Am though I missed an 8'er to win the State Sr. Am..lol.

Oh, and that kid who beat me in the club championship this year? Ha, I got even and ran not one, but two putts on #17 & 18 to beat him one up. One was 8'(birdie) & the other was 10'(par).

Man, if only the game was this easy..lol

The Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

So you've been at the clinic all week. AND??????? Is all good? are you feeling better? You're healthy?

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Well, I've been in Cleveland all week at the Clinic so I didn't get to play, though I brought a few(LOL) putters and waste my evenings having putting contests with myself. I also brought my 12' artificial "green."

I sank a 12'er to win the Sr. Mid-Am though I missed an 8'er to win the State Sr. Am..lol.

Oh, and that kid who beat me in the club championship this year? Ha, I got even and ran not one, but two putts on #17 & 18 to beat him one up. One was 8'(birdie) & the other was 10'(par).

Man, if only the game was this easy..lol

The Best

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I noticed u hadn't been posting as much, hope all is well.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I played 27 holes today. There were three of us and only had a bet on the first 18. I won $12 from one guy and $10 from the other and they would not bet on the third 9. It was a really good thing because the putter got hot and I only had 10 putts on the third 9 and shot 32. I birdied the last 4 holes and sank putts for all over the green. I shot 78 on the first 18. On the last 9 the only putt I missed was about a 60 footer that stopped 6 inches short after breaking 4 feet. Of course a yesterday, I could not get a putt to drop and was striking the ball really well. Today, I was hitting it ok, but making putts.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Thanx a lot Dan & Matt. Appreciate the posts. Things are movin in the right direction. I'm gettin there.

Thanx again

My Best,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Awesome to hear Richard, keep it up. All of us have been rooting for you. Plus you still owe me a beer from that hole in one you got a while back ;)

• SPY VIP

It wasn't official. I took my GF & a cart, jumped around between foursomes, so I didn't play a complete round & my witness was a non-player along for the ride. LOL

But I promise ya that I had more fun out on #14 green when it got dark than I would've in the men's grill tryin to weasel my way outa buyin drinks..LOL

Fairways & Greens 4ever

If it took one shot and went in the hole, I'm saying we got ourselves a hole in one here folks! Official, smishial, you gut yourself a hole in one there dude.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I played really well today again. 79 and was the big winner. Wifey is out of town so there was no reason to come home so I played 18 more holes. On this round, I was wanting to prove to myself that when I was playing well, and putting well, it made no difference what putter I was using, so I took the broomstick, belly and traditional putter out and alternated using a different putter every hole. While I did not sink all the putts with all the putters, I did not have one dropped shot because of a bad putt.

I will say that when I am playing poorly, it does not matter what putter I have either. It is simply a matter of what I am more comfortable with on any given day. I like the longer shafts of the belly and broomstick for my back so I will probably play that one tomorrow.

I'm pulling for ya R.P., get yourself well soon!

I had a tale of two nines today. 37 backed up by a 47. I am implementing a fairly major swing change so I shouldn't be frustrated, by I must confess to a club tossing incident on 12. . .

Picked up a club for the 1st time in over 2 weeks today. I was just gonna hit some balls but my buddy talked me into walking 9 holes. Used it as an opportunity to practice. Played 2 balls working on completing my turn and tempo. Pretty pleased with how I hit the ball overall. Have to say I LOVE the Adams Pro hybrid 23 degree. Today was the first time I really used it. Struggled with driver a bit but it's close. I'm playing a team skins game saturday and I'll be the worst player there so I'm gonna play smart and grind. Hope to play well and prove my worth. I'll report back afterwards on Sat.

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Richard I keep telling you that when you've got this stuff coming up you have to let me know - something about 1,000 praying Lutherans! B) Glad to hear it's going well.

Shot 76 today - like Matt it's close for me - like Matt it had been a couple of weeks plus for me - since RR was here actually. First round with the driver and 3 wood - Hit the driver okay, not as well as I would have liked but okay, at least I didn't do anything stupid with it despite the fact that there was all kinds of stupid stuff going on around me. :)

The course we played was in disappointing shape but it was not a disappointing lay out, lots of water, brutal par 3's, greens were in good shape other than tons of spike marks - seriously? 18 is a huge par 5 dogleg left around a lake - it was 550 from our tees, 600 from the tips - strong, strong hole.

Great day, played with Dogpro

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played 54 in the past 3 days. It was the first time I've gotten to use the belly putter and also first time hitting the 3w I reshafted with a BiMatrix.

Let's just forget the first day. Lost $50 playing 9-Point with 2 other guys and putting was ATROCIOUS!! I was all over the map with the belly putter. Couldn't hold a line, pulled some, pushed some and maybe got one putt over 10' to the hole. It was BAD. The 3w worked out so-so. I just didn't have my A game, but hit a couple that were ok followed by a 40yd topped shot.

Yesterday and today went much better. Shot 80 and 82, not the best scores I've had this year by any means, but low enough for me to feel good about the rounds. Especially for Nov golf in MN. The biggest difference was the belly putter. I made a few tweaks to my setup and swing and it was a night and day difference. I still left a couple putts short, but not by much. And everything was going right were I was trying to hit it. I even had a couple 20-25 footers that went in. A big improvement over the past couple months with my regular putter. I had a handful of birdies and a couple of doubles.

The 3w also behaved much better the past two days. I really love the RBZ + BiMatrix combo. The thing is basically point and shoot. Best shot of the 3 day stretch for me was on #9. It's a little over 500yd par 5 with a green that is surrounded by water on 3 sides. If the wind is with you it's not terribly difficult to get home in 2, but if it's at all into you then forget about it. I had about a 230 carry to get over the water and pulled out the 3w. The guy I was playing with (my bro in law) was already making fun of me for trying to go for it. I drilled it to about 15' right below the hole. Needless to say he drained a 25 footer downhill for birdie and I missed my eagle putt, but it was still the best shot I hit all day.

All in all if I don't get to play again this year I'll be happy with the last two rounds of the year.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

The swing changes I've been working on are finally starting to settle in and feel normal! I'm not having to think as much and it is paying off. Playing again today, I hope it isn't a two steps forward, 1 step back type of day, there'll be a big group out as its beautiful out this morning, should be lots of cash rolling around!

Came as close as I ever have to an ace yesterday, stuck one to 2"!

• SPY VIP

Got out for 9 this morning in the beautiful sun and the 4°c (39.2°F) temperatures. You could tell pulling the club outta the bag on the first tee exactly what I had been doing for the last 2 weeks and not swinging a single club; slouching at a desk working 135 hours. Man it didn't feel right and it was hard to get comfortable with my posture. I managed to muscle out a 5 iron to 20 feet on 1 and got up and down for par. I was just off all day trying to swing as smooth as possible. The good thing was I was able to go only 5 over for 9 with terrible putting.

I'm sure hitting to ball felt off to begin with due to my choice of ball today. Probably the worst ball I've hit feel wise in the last 5 years. I reached in the closet before the round and pulled out a trial pack of Trispeed Tour that Srixon had sent me a few seasons back. I was was actually excited think, "oh Srixon these are bound to be something low compression and soft." Well it couldn't have been more the opposite. These things felt like rocks and are quite clicky off the putter. On top of it from what I could tell on my good swings they're about a half club shorter. Man I don't know what other peoples experiences are like with these but to me they're terrible.

With that said the company was good today and yes ladies, those are high heel rubber boots.

temporary-84-1.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Played in a team skins game today. Temp got to high 60's but wind was blowing about 15-30 mph all day long. It was $25 a person to get in and there were 16 of us. Ended up winning $30 so I can't complain with a profit. Hit the irons pretty well today, I was off on club selection a couple times but they were on target. I shot 83 with 1 birdie and about 3-4 other birdie putts I could have made. Struggled with the driver once again. I have noticed but the other guys in my group pointed out, there is a rattle in my driver. Not sure what it is but it's certainly there. I think it's in the shaft so I'm gonna have it removed to try to get it out. If that's not it, gonna see what TMaG says. Leaving in the morning for Chicago, can't wait to get the Betti!!!

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Played a solid front and a miserable back, which is happening way to often. Wind today was brutal, wind doesn't bother me much on full shots, but it really jacks with my short game and putting. Won a $35 skin though so it wasn't a total loss!

Played in a team skins game today. Temp got to high 60's but wind was blowing about 15-30 mph all day long. It was $25 a person to get in and there were 16 of us. Ended up winning $30 so I can't complain with a profit. Hit the irons pretty well today, I was off on club selection a couple times but they were on target. I shot 83 with 1 birdie and about 3-4 other birdie putts I could have made. Struggled with the driver once again. I have noticed but the other guys in my group pointed out, there is a rattle in my driver. Not sure what it is but it's certainly there. I think it's in the shaft so I'm gonna have it removed to try to get it out. If that's not it, gonna see what TMaG says. Leaving in the morning for Chicago, can't wait to get the Betti!!!

Obviously tough to tell without looking, but more often than not it's some dried glue that broke free. Unscrew the shaft and see if the rattle is from the club head or from the shaft. Also double check all the screws and make sure they are tight. If it's in the shaft it's probably glue, if it's in the club head then someone else will have to give you ideas cause it's out of my league.

If it really is in the shaft you can try heating it up with a heat gun to re-melt the glue and get it to stick. Or just pull the grip and see if anything will fall out the end.

With that said the company was good today and yes ladies, those are high heel rubber boots.

temporary-84-1.jpg

My wife wants me to ask what kind of boots those are. She wants a pair now...thanks :mad: :)

Tightened all the screws and it still rattled. Took a chance cutting the grip off and found the culprit. Only a $10 fix so not to bad...

image.jpg

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Yesterday, I played poorly. First, if there was an object that I could hit that would deflect the ball, I hit it. Sprinkler heads, rocks, twigs, flagsticks, it did not matter. I bounce a couple of time over 70 yards, and on top of that, I could not get a putt to fall in the hole. I somehow had a strong finish in spite of hitting one of the boulders on the border of the island green and bouncing 75 yards back into the fairway to make an 89.

Today was a team event. We had 8 so we divided into two groups, and had two bets, a $10 team bet and a $10 individual bet. While waiting to tee off on 5 my team mates took great delight in pointing out that after 4 holes I had accumulated 3 double bogies and 1 bogey. When we finally got to tee off, I striped one right down the center, and with the 25 mph wind behind me, and the slope, I shortened the hole from 485 to 147. I put my next shot 3 feet from the hole and make eagle. I birdie the next hole and just like that I went from 7 over to 4 over. By the turn, I was back to 3 over, and after 11 I was 1 over. I was even after 14. But sadly I finished the round at 3 over par. I also apparently inspired my team mates because we won the team bet by 12. I also won the individual bet.

We then played 18 more and despite the fact that I only had three bogies, I did not win because of a birdie on 18 by one of the other guys. Well, actually, I won $1 while two of the others lost $20 each so I guess I did win.:D

I took a picture on the 9th hole hoping it would turn out and convey the extremely windy conditions we had, but it does not. The picture looks just fine and you can not see that the ball is moving 30 yards to the right. I hope that we will be able to play again tomorrow but the weather is changing.

7am I got a text, rain not expected until later in the day. So there were three of us that were there at 8:15. After 13 holes we decided to come in and let a storm pass by. And just as we got to the club house the storm hit. 30 minutes later it was gone and we went back out. But instead of starting on 13 we started on 10. I was 71* and soft greens. We were playing great, but by the time we got to 15 the wind was gusting. On 15 on the tee shot was directly into the wind and it was gusting to 35 mph. We decided that since there were just two holes into the wind and two with it we would tough it out. The other two guys hit their approach into the wind, I took by backswing when it was like someone flipped a switch and the wind changed 180 degrees.. I hit the ball, now with a 30 mph tailwind, and it was a cold wind. The gust quit and the wind leveled off around 15-20 mph, but it was 10* colder on 16 than it was on 15.

By the way, I was hitting a hybrid (200 yard club) from 165 because of the wind. When the wind changed, I did hit a green, just not the one I was aiming at. I landed on number 4 green, 50 yards past number 15. Does that still count as a GIR?

As we were headed to the 18th green one of our friends came out of the club house, he said he was sitting at home and it was sunny and 71* with a slight breeze so he decided to come see if we wanted to play another 9. By the time he got the course it was cloudy, windy, and 61* and dropping. We did not play more golf.

Played a lovely round with Mr and Mrs MBP this morning. Wasn't keeping score but had some fairly nice irons shots.

Took a break, picked up my fixed Nike's and some different winter balls (TM XD's), went to another course and put in a lovely 89 by my self. Course was dead. Good times!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• 2 weeks later...

Played 15 holes with my son, Matt, and two guys whom we caught - great guys, both just out of the service - the one guy was huge and when I asked what he did I expected to hear, "Special ops." Nope, he was a dental hygenist. Great guys never the less, we had lots of fun together.

I was 5 over for the 15 holes - first time with the reshafted Mizunos - way better than the other ones - I hit 8 of the 15 greens, putted like crap! This is my league course, they overseed in early November, I almost never play it this time of year and the greens made it play entirely differently - I had two three putts from 15 feet - both putts would normally be into the grain so I hit them harder than they looked, well guess what? They played like they looked, I swear I had 15 feet coming back after missing on one of them - not really but that's what it seemed like.

Hit the Fli-hi 4 times - twice into greens and twice to lay up with on par 5's - I hit two really good shots and two okay shots with it. Great club for me in the wind this time of year for sure.

Oh and I killed the driver. The big guy could really pound it - I'm guessing he's in his mid 30's and I had one where he caught it pretty good and I knocked it 15 yards past him - that felt really good. It was 268 on my GPS, gave me a crack at a par 5 in two that I rarely ever reach and only when there's a strong wind at my back - this was with a cross breeze. Put it in the front trap.

Overly a promising day for the first time with all the new clubs in the bag (except the putter.)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I hit a drive 373 yards today. Ok, so I really smashed the drive that normally may have rolled 280 but with the 25 mph wind behind me I cleared the hill and then caught the cart path and rolled down the hill and back up the other slope. I had 37 yards left on a 400 yards straight par 4.

This was the fourth or fifth round in a row where I bombed the driver, and long irons and 3 wood and had a great short game and putted awesome but could not hit a short iron or mid iron. I could hit the irons, just not the green. And had beautiful ball flights they just did not go on the green. Push one right, pull the next left. I had 25 putts today.