Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 holes at a new course this afternoon on a rare mid-November 65degree day. Shot a 5 over 40. I was very pleased with my driving and irons, but the short game was not my friend. All 5 dropped shots (plus a couple more) were results of duffed chips or 3 putts. This has been a trend this year so I guess I’m going to be working on short game all winter! 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

I got together with some old SoCal friends from my working days for a round at Golf Club of Rancho California.  It was a gorgeous day on an older RTJ design.  I had no particular expectations my last round had been an 84.  I was as stunned as everybody when I walked off the 18th with a 71 after a 3 putt bogey on 18.  Beat my age by a stroke.

Callaway Driver, 4 and 7 fairways.  Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-LW.  A friend told me my swing is as smooth as Tennessee Whiskey.  If so, I often think it may have come out of the barrel to soon.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:52 PM, Dweed said:

It's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that I had my last round for the 2023 season today. Weather was really decent for Nov. Temp hit 60*, a little overcast but not bad. Wind dropped off to about 25 so it was doable. 5/8 fairways hit. The 3 misses were all within 5 ft so not bad. Hit 6/9 GIR. Using the @GolfSub70 004 mallet putting stats still trended in the right direction, in spite of all the leaves still on the greens. Shot 38, so if it is the last one this season, I'm happy with the score.

Last Rd 2023.jpg

I feel your pain, @Dweed. My season ended here in WI on Thursday 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

14 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, as I posted in the Good Morning thread today, this was my first round after GHIN closed in our area until March 1.  I felt pretty good, but it was a chilly 39º and cloudy but no wind.  I was still cold!!  My wife and I played with two friends of ours that had a tee time at 8:21... 15 minutes before ours.  

I made it through the front nine in a usual for me 41 (+4).  I even had a birdie on the par 5 #5 hole (on in regulation).  It's been a long time since I have been on that green in regulation.  Fairways are drier and ground is getting firmer so more distance!!  😃  

Starting on #9, my swing was a lot more fluid and the short game was working.  Shot 34 (-1) with another birdie on our risk/reward Par 4 #14.  Since everything was working well and there was no wind, I decided to go for the green.  I usually don't go for the green unless I have a tailwind and the tee box is near the front of the teeing ground.  It wasn't but the pin was favorably located for a shot short in the bunker, which was where I ended up... sandy tap-in birdie!!  🤩.  I also had sandy pars on #13 and #18.

Score today was 75 and a great-for-me 11 GIR, but I did miss a few makable birdie putts.  It was nice to record another sub-age round this year, especially under less than ideal temperatures.  Let's see what happens tomorrow when we have a little rain tonight followed by winds 15-20 with gusts to 35mph.

IMG_1909.jpeg.322910ade349b22b75b28978ead54234.jpeg

Nice round! 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

On 11/11/2023 at 9:39 AM, jbern said:

Took off work yesterday and played 18 and a nice muni course in my area. 

We played dots, which was very interesting with the wide ranges of handicaps I was playing with. Each hole a dot was earned for the following:

• Longest Drive in the fairway (par 3 is closest to pin and G-I-R)
  • First on the green
  • Closest to the pin (doesn't matter what stroke you're on)
  • Make a putt from more than length of the pin away (a playing partner said this is called a "pulley"?!?)

I didn't play very well stroke play wise (my 3rd worst scoring round of the year) with a 49/42 = 91, BUT I did win the dots bet!

We have always called them pole-ies.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I played Heritage 2 weeks ago with my cousin and brother in law (I've been busy, so a late update...). We picked up a 4th who walked the entire course. His name was George, super nice guy!

I shot a 116. For me, not that bad. That course doesn't have 2 consecutive feet of flat ground, the greens have at least 3 breaks each. The falling leaves managed to consume several balls, I had just switched from neon orange to white balls that morning. I second guessed that choice throughout the day.  I had a blast though! 

George, if you read this and are headed back through GA, let me know and I'd be glad to play 18 with you again!

We saw a coyote on the course also.

PXL_20231104_153250922.jpg

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

Played on November 18 here in Michigan, at Stony Creek Metropark Golf Course with 2 friends who make up our usual foursome during the summer months.

It was my third round using the Titleist test ball, although it doesn't suit my game when compared to the regular balls I play.

Did not score well, as it was mid 40's and breezy, but the enjoyment factor was great.

Hit 10 of 14 fairways, not many greens in regulation, ball either came up just short, or rolled through the green. 

Shot 41 / 42 with 32 putts, longest drive was 248.

Course closes after today, so getting last round in outdoors later this morning with the same crew.

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

Edited by rkj427

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Well that went well... NOT!  Today's cold and wind got to me.  I knew it wasn't going to be good when I went to the range to warm up.  Ever try hitting balls when a river of leaves were whistling by the ball??  Leaves knocked the ball off the tee several times!  Wind was howling!

My wife and I teed off, playing with a very good low single-digit walker.  He didn't fare any better than we did.  I did have 5 pars on the front nine, but also had a bogey two doubles, and a triple.  Hey!  It was better than the 9 on the par 3 #8 that the single-digit walker had!!  Played in one hour and 35 minutes.

I had enough, so I told my wife that I would sit in the clubhouse and drink while she played the back nine, but she thought that me sitting there was a bad idea, so we went home.  Now I was just informed that she made a tee time for tomorrow; we don't usually play on Mondays, but there is supposed to be very little wind.  Guess I'll give it another try.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

So, in sum, I finally broke 80!  And that’s with no birdies (although I did have super near misses slide over the cup’s edge on a couple, which would have turned my 79 into a 77 or 78).  

Congratulations on breaking the 80 barrier!!  Great job!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

13 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

So, in sum, I finally broke 80!  

congrats on breaking the 80 barrier;  now you need to get your badge updated!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On a sunny and cool 45 degree day, I was able to play my last round outdoors here in Michigan this year, as the course closes for the season after today.

Played a fourth round with the Titleist test balls, and on the front nine we were behind a foursome that included some females, so rather than waiting to hit into the greens while waiting, hit a lot of wedges short to keep moving along. They only play nine, so more GIR's on the back nine.

Chipped in for a birdie, hit 11 of 14 fairways, and only 31 total putts.

Long drive was 244 yards, and with the course playing soft in the fairways with no roll, happy with that as well.

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2470 jpeg.jpg

IMG_2471 jpeg.jpg

IMG_2472 jpeg.jpg

IMG_2473 jpeg.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations on breaking the 80 barrier!!  Great job!

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

congrats on breaking the 80 barrier;  now you need to get your badge updated!

👍  😎  Congrats. @IndyBonzo on breaking 80 this year!

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

I was disappointed that I improved so much this season, dropping my handicap into single digits (barely), yet never broke 80.  But it was a great summer nonetheless.

After taking nearly a month off due to travel and a busy work schedule, I stole a late November round today on what was a gorgeous day here in Indy.   Mid 50’s, sunny, no wind - just beautiful.  

IMG_5327.jpeg.1cdbdbeb3cb62f7c7913fa3a5f62f330.jpeg

Played at River Glen GC in Fishers, IN.  This is Hole #16, which played as a 170 yard par 3 today.  

I was pleased to play really well for me.  After gaming a combo of Miura 5-8, Maltby 7-P,G irons for a few months, I thought I might need a little more forgiveness in the early winter and played an all-Maltby combo today, of TS3 5-8, TS4 9-P, TS1 G, and the irons were deadeye all day. I also ditched the driving iron and played Paradym TD driver, Rogue 3W and 5W, and Paradym X 3 and 5 hybrids.  The hybrids are better for me than the driving hybrid irons, it turns out.  I was fortunate to hit them all well. 

So, in sum, I finally broke 80!  And that’s with no birdies (although I did have super near misses slide over the cup’s edge on a couple, which would have turned my 79 into a 77 or 78).  

IMG_5329.jpeg.c111a91fd05ad2629066517982e66fc6.jpeg

it was such a fun day with a good friend.    Hoping to play Friday too, weather permitting. 

Thanks for reading!

way to go, great round for certain.... 

10 minutes ago, Mulligan09 said:

Spent 1 1/2 hours on the Trackman bay at golf galaxy well worth the time

were you working on anything in particular? 

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

I was disappointed that I improved so much this season, dropping my handicap into single digits (barely), yet never broke 80.  But it was a great summer nonetheless.

After taking nearly a month off due to travel and a busy work schedule, I stole a late November round today on what was a gorgeous day here in Indy.   Mid 50’s, sunny, no wind - just beautiful.  

IMG_5327.jpeg.1cdbdbeb3cb62f7c7913fa3a5f62f330.jpeg

Played at River Glen GC in Fishers, IN.  This is Hole #16, which played as a 170 yard par 3 today.  

I was pleased to play really well for me.  After gaming a combo of Miura 5-8, Maltby 7-P,G irons for a few months, I thought I might need a little more forgiveness in the early winter and played an all-Maltby combo today, of TS3 5-8, TS4 9-P, TS1 G, and the irons were deadeye all day. I also ditched the driving iron and played Paradym TD driver, Rogue 3W and 5W, and Paradym X 3 and 5 hybrids.  The hybrids are better for me than the driving hybrid irons, it turns out.  I was fortunate to hit them all well. 

IMG_5329.jpeg.c111a91fd05ad2629066517982e66fc6.jpeg

it was such a fun day with a good friend.    Hoping to play Friday too, weather permitting. 

Thanks for reading!

Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment and the first time of hopefully many! Next up 70, so get to work! 😂

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Got the Callaway Edge clubs from Costco. On sale for $499.  10 piece set   I thought the were pretty good.  Went outside the box on the purchase.  I have a pretty slow swing speed so I purchased the women's set to get graphite shafts.  55 gram shafts.  the set is 6-9 irons, PW SW 5h 3 wood driver and a Odyssey white hot putter. Also tried the Callaway Paradymn x.  Liked them but for $700 less needed to give them a try

Dennis

Considering the temps were in the upper 50s I had no right to play as well as I did slightly hung over.  I’ll take my 45 very much haha.

did have two notable accomplishments had my first ever chip in for a birdie.

IMG_7524.png.54803f17e8da79de6bb404f157fbe5c5.png

And also one of my longest drives of the year.  Only losing to a drive that had a 30mph tailwind helping it haha.  We won’t speak of my flipping the chip shot….

IMG_7523.png.00e2fae0de90660ab19d5a95b82497d6.png

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

Cold today. When I got to the course the temperature had not even crested 60 yet. But, I didn't let THAT stop me from playing a mediocre round. 1 double with a water ball, 1 triple and a ball out of bounds, 2 birdies and a smattering of pars and bogies. Highlight of the day was this evening when the email came in that proclaims the days winners. The blind draw twosome total both net scores had me and my partner squarely in first. Earned us 54 dollars each.  

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

7 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Cold today. When I got to the course the temperature had not even crested 60 yet. But, I didn't let THAT stop me from playing a mediocre round. 1 double with a water ball, 1 triple and a ball out of bounds, 2 birdies and a smattering of pars and bogies. Highlight of the day was this evening when the email came in that proclaims the days winners. The blind draw twosome total both net scores had me and my partner squarely in first. Earned us 54 dollars each.  

Hard to feel sorry for you that it was 60 degrees. I woke up this morning and it was 37. Golf is over for us, I will be in Arizona for the month of March, hope to get a few rounds in then.

Frank musolino 

For a curious change, I have played a couple of rounds from the gold or senior tees.  My golf course recognizes age 65 for the senior tees.  I am currently 64, so next summer I will be eligible to play the old man tees for league and tournaments.  I shot 71 and 75 from the forward tees and enjoyed hitting short irons for my approach shots.  

Edited by David Leighton Reid

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter