Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played my first round of match play tonight. I'm a 10, played a 2, so he had to give me 8 strokes. Even going into 17 (stroke hole), I pared, he pared. I'm up 1 now going into 18. We both bogeyed for me to take the win. I love match play. You can have a couple of bad holes and still be in the hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

Got an EO (early out) from the boss today around 4, so I decided to hit the range. It was remarkably slow on the course, so I asked if I could jump in as a single and play by myself. I was granted my request and just played the front 9.

Carded a 45 for a personal all-time low. No birds, but a par on the second and a ton of bogies. Fired my driver after the first tee and just played some "course management" using a lot of the advice you all gave in my "Bogie golfers guide to course management" thread. Holy smokes are you guys awesome! My nemesis par-5 9'th was my bit*h tonight. Hit 3w off the tee and hit it again to about 75-yds. Took my 58* and hit it clean but too soft and it landed below the hole by 30'. Wound up with a 3-putt there but it totally felt like a win because I gave myself a chance to make a better score despite my lousy putting.

Happy boy!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

80. 41/39. I just never make any putts longer than 5 feet. Yuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

80. 41/39. I just never make any putts longer than 5 feet. Yuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know the feeling. We'll just need to keep at it. Try different things, setup, grip (how you hold the club), grip size, stance, maybe something will work. It doesn't matter how we do it, as long as it gets in the hole.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

42-33-75 (+3)

GIR 11/18

FIR 7/14

Putts 15-13-28

Well, that was a tale of two nines. The front nine was bad. I don't think I could have hit into a cornfield with a drive. I was all over the place, and blocking irons.

The back nine was great, this is the first time I have broken par on a nine and I did it by three shots. I made 2 birdie putts over 20 and hit 2 more darts to 3 feet for 2 more birdies. I was really happy with 18, I knew I had 2 shots to play with to stay under par, and I needed to avoid the water on both sides of the fairway, and I actually hit a good two iron right down the center. Everything was working on the back and it was nice to see swing changes paying off.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Like complete dog bleep. Played 9 holes and had no birdie putts.🤮

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

39-39 78 on an unfamiliar Pete Dye course - I hit the ball pretty well but there were some shots where course knowledge would have helped. The GPS on the cart was a life saver.

Typical Dye, lots of ugliness all around but numerous options including safe lines to the green on every hole.

IMG_1315.JPG

These nasties guarded the outside of the dogleg on 18. There was a Hazzard on the other side and a huge mound with a bunker in it about five paces in front of me that totally pinched the fairway. The bunker was 240 off the tee so I hit 3 wood with a draw (sounds great but I hit everything with a draw even sometimes putter :)) to here and 7 iron to the middle of the green.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

39-39 78 on an unfamiliar Pete Dye course - I hit the ball pretty well but there were some shots where course knowledge would have helped. The GPS on the cart was a life saver.

Typical Dye, lots of ugliness all around but numerous options including safe lines to the green on every hole.

attachicon.gif IMG_1315.JPG

These nasties guarded the outside of the dogleg on 18. There was a Hazzard on the other side and a huge mound with a bunker in it about five paces in front of me that totally pinched the fairway. The bunker was 240 off the tee so I hit 3 wood with a draw (sounds great but I hit everything with a draw even sometimes putter :)) to here and 7 iron to the middle of the green.

They got that guarded better than Fort Knox! Holy smokes!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

attachicon.gif IMG_1315.JPG

Getting awfully long long off the Tee partner

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

After a very sloppy start on a short course 9 .. triple, triple :-( .. hit the next two fairways (dogleg right, dogleg left) and greens for an 'almost' par (sloppy second putt) and a par on the #3 and #2 rated holes; then four bogeys where the approaches were close just a little short and left but still had to 2-putt everything; and then a par on the closing Par 3 - was also a short-left approach but finally chipped it on close enough to 1-putt.

So after those initial "warm-up" ;-) holes happy with my overall progress and really continuing to hit more good shots during a round, vs the ummm less-than-optimal ones.

Shot of The Day was the first tee shot - went waaay high left (not my typical miss) and was headed OB .. and I mean waaay OB .. but actually hit near the top of a tree along the OB line ... the tree literally caught the ball and threw it back towards the fairway, like a Jai Alai move!, and the ball ended up on the left side of the fairway...!

My wife just watches and laughs and I tell her, "See? That's because I contribute to conservation and tree re-planting causes."

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

87 today

Struggled on the front shooting 47 (+12)

Was able to recover pretty well on the back shooting 40 (+6)

33 Putts

62% FIR

22% GIR

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Bleh. 104. Gonna spend some time at the range instead of playing for the next two weeks or so. I'm just getting worse and I think it's likely the lack of practice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Bleh. 104. Gonna spend some time at the range instead of playing for the next two weeks or so. I'm just getting worse and I think it's likely the lack of practice.

I am with you man...shot my worst round in two years the other day need more range time and less course time...I think maybe a 2: 1 ratio would be good....I have even been thinking of instead of playing 18 once a week in San play 3 nines a week for less than the one 18 on friday..I would have to walk but I like walking 9

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I am with you man...shot my worst round in two years the other day need more range time and less course time...I think maybe a 2: 1 ratio would be good....I have even been thinking of instead of playing 18 once a week in San play 3 nines a week for less than the one 18 on friday..I would have to walk but I like walking 9

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I also like walking 9. I was doing one range session and one round a week and was shooting about 6 strokes better on average than I am now. I haven't had a range session in almost 4 weeks now. I just assumed playing would make me better just as much as range time would. Apparently that is not the case.

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Played Friday in round one of the Ryder Cup at my club. My partner and I got smoked giving 17 shots in a scramble. Played round two Saturday in better ball of partners and was four under after 17. Got beat by a team with a 17 and a 23 that we're two over net. The 23 was even par through six holes...gross. Played today in the members shotgun and was even par for the round. We played six more holes after I finished my round and made five birds and a par. I am ready for singles tomorrow in the Ryder Cup and giving zero shots.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Pretty much like garbage. Had a pretty good (for me) stretch at -1 for holes 2-7, but a month off really didn't do me much good.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I hate this game. I hate this game. I hate this game.

+2 after nine, +6 after 16 and walk off 18 with a double double finish and an 82. Lost count of lip outs and otherwise well struck putts that just missed, including the bogey putt on 18 which did a 270 around the hole before being rejected.

I walked off 9 green after getting up and down for a miracle par thinking this was going to be a great day to score, only playing the back nine like total crap.

My brother is right, golf is witchcraft. 🤬🤬

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Yesterday was another up and down day. Front 9 was 40... With a double and triple...and a few birdies. One being from about 30 yards where it hit half way up the stick and rode it straight down into the cup.

Backside I started hitting the ball well. Left 4 birdie putts less than 5 inches short... Ugh. Shot 35.

75 total. I wish I knew what happens to my brain when I crossover from 9 to 10

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Like the hacking dog that I am but with some flashes of brilliance.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Second last week of our men's club and this has been a very frustrating year, last year I was in the mid high 80's, low 90's most of the year, occasionally higher or lower bit pretty consistent.

This year I've struggled and had a shoulder injury, yesterday may have been the worst. Shot 47 on the front and didn't play very well and then turned around and shot 55 on the back. I almost took my name off the sign up sheet for next week I was so dissapointed in how I played.

Most rounds I can take away a hole or two I played well but yesterday was none. Hoping next week will give a better result and I can close out my men's club on a positive note

Driver: Ping G25 10.5*
Hybrid 3/4: NIke Vapor Fly 20.5, 22.5
Irons: 5 to A Wedge: Mizuno JPX 850 Forged

Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60* Vokey SM4
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 3 (2017)
Ball: Bridgestone RXS
Bag: Callaway

First time ever I got shut out in our three day Ryder Cup. Was supposed to play straight up today and ended up giving shots. Played a nice front nine and then the shots caught up. At least I got to the beach early today.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

First time ever I got shut out in our three day Ryder Cup. Was supposed to play straight up today and ended up giving shots. Played a nice front nine and then the shots caught up. At least I got to the beach early today.

Sorry.... :-(

Hope you were paired vs an honest hcp, at least. And besides, it's hot enough to go relax at the beach!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Sorry.... :-(

Hope you were paired vs an honest hcp, at least. And besides, it's hot enough to go relax at the beach!!

I was +2 through 14 holes and lost 5&4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Tough morning again. Been raining every day in FL forever and course's have wet areas. This morning same thing wet, and windy with storm coming in.

Sit 42-43 for an unimpressive 85. Every drive landed in slop, irons were graveyard dead cold, only bright spot was putter was terrific. If the putter wasn't working it would have been a 95.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Donkey dookie. 93 Worst round of golf that I can ever remember. I didn't hit anything good today, 8 doubles Including a stretch of 5 in a row, holes 8-12. It was a struggle outbthere, but we all go through some tough golf days. Throw it in the trash can and start new next time I guess

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Donkey dookie. 93 Worst round of golf that I can ever remember. I didn't hit anything good today, 8 doubles Including a stretch of 5 in a row, holes 8-12. It was a struggle outbthere, but we all go through some tough golf days. Throw it in the trash can and start new next time I guess

Yup, like a good baseball reliever gotta have a bad memory and move on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I was +2 through 14 holes and lost 5&4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oof, forget it and move on.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Getting awfully long long off the Tee partner

Oh yeah that 218 yard, down wind 3 wood is going to scare the field. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot an 80/72. 1 over on the front and the wheels kinda came off on the back to shoot a 43. So very close to my goal to break 80 in 2018 I can taste it!

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Oh yeah that 218 yard, down wind 3 wood is going to scare the field. :)

Rick

Left Hand,