Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

+4 76. 6 bogies 2 birdies. Rough day. Couldn't find a fairway to save my life on the front 9. Turned it around on the back at -2.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max / Fujikura Motore Speeder X-Stiff

Irons:  :ping-small: iBlade 3-PW / DG X100 Soft Stepped once

Wedges:  :vokey-small:  Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 / DG S400

Putter:  :scotty-small: 2018 Newport 2

Ball:  :titelist-small: AVX

73 (37/36) with 8 fairways, 10 greens and 28 putts. Was working on my swing today and I felt fairly comfortable. Putts were short though.... On line, but short. Certainly wet out there! Glad the rain stopped though

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

medal- 76

+4 after 5 holes then +2 for the next 13- Birdied the three par 5's.

Missed an 18" putt on the longest par 4 for bogie, didnt even hit the hole- gutted. Also doubled my favourite hole from the middle of the fairway. Played well but driving an issue with the ...erm driver. 4 wood was exceptional off the tee

handicap has shot up to 7 the last 6 weeks with 0.1 every game, Bah!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Crazy game. The last few weeks I have been struggling. Last week I shot a really bad 93. Today started off the same way, I was 5 over through 4 holes. Finished the front 9 with an easy 45. Then played the back 9 with no issues at all and shot 36, 1 birdie, and 1 bogey. Crazy game. I guess the swing just sync'd up on the back. Funny game.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Score-wise, I had my worst round of the season.  But I had some great company.  I was joined by downlowkey and PokeForeLyfe!  Both are really good players, and we had a great time despite my struggles off the tee. 

From left to right:  Tod (local friend of mine), PokeForeLyfe, HighFade, and Downlowkey

attachicon.gif IMG_E0503.JPG

I have no idea how, but this putt did not drop

attachicon.gif IMG_0497.PNG

Yeah, these guys can play

attachicon.gif IMG_0499.PNG

attachicon.gif IMG_0498.PNG

It's called Pelican Lakes (Oh, now I get it)

attachicon.gif IMG_0500.PNG

Poke is pointing to my ball somewhere in the deep rough.  again

attachicon.gif IMG_0501.PNG

Lots of math going on here

attachicon.gif IMG_0502.PNG

And the winner is......downlowkey.  Don't spend it all in one place

attachicon.gif IMG_0496.PNG

Thanks for a great time, fellas.  We should do it again!

What a crew! Great post Bud! Loved all the pics and commentary and really happy you all had a awesome time!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Played like a rookie today, but got put in as a single with a great pair of gents and we had a real good time playing together. ALMOST had an 18-hole survivor (the ball) but lost it on the 17th in the lateral water hazard in front of the green while trying to make that "hero" shot with 5w from 200... :unsure: Hit it real good too and it almost carried...probably shoulda laid up...oh well. 

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Score-wise, I had my worst round of the season. But I had some great company. I was joined by downlowkey and PokeForeLyfe! Both are really good players, and we had a great time despite my struggles off the tee.

From left to right: Tod (local friend of mine), PokeForeLyfe, HighFade, and Downlowkey

attachicon.gif IMG_E0503.JPG

I have no idea how, but this putt did not drop

attachicon.gif IMG_0497.PNG

Yeah, these guys can play

attachicon.gif IMG_0499.PNG

attachicon.gif IMG_0498.PNG

It's called Pelican Lakes (Oh, now I get it)

attachicon.gif IMG_0500.PNG

Poke is pointing to my ball somewhere in the deep rough. again

attachicon.gif IMG_0501.PNG

Lots of math going on here

attachicon.gif IMG_0502.PNG

And the winner is......downlowkey. Don't spend it all in one place

attachicon.gif IMG_0496.PNG

Thanks for a great time, fellas. We should do it again!

Some downright players in that group. I wouldn't be able to keep up on the course but would certainly enjoy watching from outside the ropes.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Well i had a rough day at Omni on Amelia Island. Played from the tips at 6600 yards. Pete Dye is an insane course designer and this was my first experience playing one of his courses. It was tough. I had 3 penalties and landed in a bunch of greenside bunkers. I hit some really good shots but my putting was poor again and some of my irons were off which ended up in the water. All in all i say my game is trending upward like in the wrong direction. I think its time for a lesson to get things back on track. I believe this happened to me last year. I have shot 87 and 90 my last two rounds. attachicon.gif 20180907_123004.jpegattachicon.gif 20180907_123222.jpegattachicon.gif 20180907_125553.jpegattachicon.gif 20180907_130122.jpegattachicon.gif 20180907_130815.jpegattachicon.gif 20180907_132201.jpegattachicon.gif 20180907_145906.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Pete Dye courses are a "treat" we have one in the area that is ranked one of the 50th toughest in the US. I've played it several times. Usually 8 or 9 so so holes. Maybe 3 or 4 really good holes then 5 or 6 that make you wish golf was as 12 hole sport.

TPC Sawgrass is probably the most difficult course I've ever played. Or Black Wolf run. Both Dye courses.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Pete Dye courses are a "treat" we have one in the area that is ranked one of the 50th toughest in the US. I've played it several times. Usually 8 or 9 so so holes. Maybe 3 or 4 really good holes then 5 or 6 that make you wish golf was as 12 hole sport.

TPC Sawgrass is probably the most difficult course I've ever played. Or Black Wolf run. Both Dye courses.

It is a beautiful design and very demanding not really off the tee but approach shots have a slim margin for error. I dont know if that is his normal feature or not. I havent played Sawgrass yet but it is on my before i leave Jacksonville list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Well, today I started off great with a +2 on the front nine.  My swing felt great, and I was thinking that today might the day for a really good round because the back nine is easier than the front nine.

There I go thinking again...  +6 on the back for a score of 80.  Two doubles and no penalty shots; I just lost my focus on #14 and #16 and mishit shots.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda been an easy 76.

The par 5 #18 is a tough hole for me.  My second shot has to either go over, under or around a huge tree at the corner of the dogleg.  If I don't get it right, my ball either hits the tree, or ends up in the bunker that runs all the way to the green.  I hit a very nice 6i draw around the tree, but still ended up on a sidehill lie on the edge of the bunker... ball below my feet.  I managed to draw a wedge from that lie to the middle of the green and escape with a par, which is always a good score for me on that hole.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hit the ball pretty good today in our interclub match had a couple shot that weren't very good, and I struggled with hitting the correct club today, but overall the ball went where I wanted it to go, mostly I was just short with the miss. Started out miss clubbing on 1, and left my self a nice 45' putt, a little left to right and uphill, so I could be pretty aggressive, hit it perfectly and it dropped. My partner and I played pretty good as a team today and both of us played really well. We both made a lot of putts today, from everywhere. He shot 73, I shot 78. We won the match 5&4. Unfortunately our team lost 19-17 against a very good team. 1 point different in any other matches and it's a tie, 2 point slow on our side and we win. Good match great time. The game is coming around.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Put the Cobra F8's back in the bag after a 2 day respit. Shot 40/44:84 with 2 birdie. The course was cart path only after a hard rain last night so play was sloppy. Was worn out after 13 holes (was +4 after 13) then hit 4 doubles in s row before finishing with a par.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Put the Cobra F8's back in the bag after a 2 day respit. Shot 40/44:84 with 2 birdie. The course was cart path only after a hard rain last night so play was sloppy. Was worn out after 13 holes (was +4 after 13) then hit 4 doubles in s row before finishing with a par.

This FL rain lately is getting old. I know we need it but every day

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

39-36 75

I started with double as my other Florida's spies have noted its cart path only, very wet, lots of thick rough. Ranges are closed - it's not so much the warm up as lack of full swing practice time between rounds.

Hit 11 greens, just very sharp with my irons after number 1. Incredible day with the wedges. Putter was meh - great speed just burned edges. Did chip in for a birdie and rolled in a 10 footer on the next hole for back to backers. Had three more looks around 15 feet coming in but couldn't get them to drop.

Very happy with how I'm striking the ball - lots more shots hole high or past than short today

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

78 (39-39). Bogeyed 15-17. Boy, if I could putt!!! No birdies. First time playing this course in Plano, TX. Just glad my game “travels” sometimes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Aww, poor things, y'all can play year round while in the cold north, we only have 5 months to play. 😄

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Aww, poor things, y'all can play year round while in the cold north, we only have 5 months to play.

I did 65 years in the “Frozen North” so paid my dues

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yesterday we had a couples tournament at my club. First one since 1986. It was alternate shot, men teed off on odds and women on evens. My wife has never laid hands on a golf club. So she hit my 4 hybrid on every shot. We shot 52 (on 9). We did get to roll it, but had to putt everything out. She wasn't very good but shows signs of potential. So who knows she might be hooked after one round like I was.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Well, I thought I was having a ho hum day. I made some putts, I missed some putts. I wasn't really paying too much attention to score and didn't add it up until the end. It turns out I shot a personal best 73!!! That was the least attention I have payed to score and it really worked out. I was really working on using my left arm to pull the club through instead of pushing with the right arm. Striking was on point with the new swing.

38-35-73 (+1) Only 1 birdie and 2 bogeys.

FIR 9/14 Much, much more accurate with the new swing.

GIR 14/18

Putts 16-16-32

Take a look at the radar and see what we have dealt with for two days and what is coming this week.

All that after a record breaking rainfalll for the month of July.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I did 65 years in the “Frozen North” so paid my dues

]

Alright, Alright, Alright you deserve it after 65 years.

Well, I thought I was having a ho hum day. I made some putts, I missed some putts. I wasn't really paying too much attention to score and didn't add it up until the end. It turns out I shot a personal best 73!!! That was the least attention I have payed to score and it really worked out. I was really working on using my left arm to pull the club through instead of pushing with the right arm. Striking was on point with the new swing.

38-35-73 (+1) Only 1 birdie and 2 bogeys.

FIR 9/14 Much, much more accurate with the new swing.

GIR 14/18

Putts 16-16-32

Nice!!  I'm happy it's working out for you.  It's what I've been doing too.  Some days great; some days, not so much.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Take a look at the radar and see what we have dealt with for two days and what is coming this week.

All that after a record breaking rainfalll for the month of July.

I know I've been following the Northeast weather patterns to see what my kids and grandkids are dealing with. Been a tough year all over.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I know I've been following the Northeast weather patterns to see what my kids and grandkids are dealing with. Been a tough year all over.

The east got all the rain the west needs

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Truth to that.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Tsunami on its way to Massachusetts. Played yesterday, pretty pedestrian round, nothing great, nothing awful Played with my freshman in high school nephew and 2 of his friends. All 3 are 1st year players on their High School's Golf Team. God, I didn't realize that 15 year olds were so long.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

Need to do something different. Played 36 on a course I have never played. Shot 84/86. Hit the ball well off the tee approach shots weren't great and I got a lot of short game work. Pitching and chipping needs more work on distance control, making solid contact and carry/rollout is going past the hole. Need to work if green reading, hitting my line but it is just the wrong line. Started picking better lines as the day went in.

Maybe I just need a range time, or lessons, or just a short break. I know I can play better, but just getting frustrated with where I am now.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hurricane Florence is no joke. It's heading for parts of the East Coast that's already saturated.

Rick

Left Hand, 

What a crew! Great post Bud! Loved all the pics and commentary and really happy you all had a awesome time!

What an excellent round of golf this was on a tough track. Weather was perfect and the company was even better. Can't wait for the next round.