Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

Confused. Were you playing match play?  Can’t refuse a conceded putt  in match play per USGA rules,   

Not really concerned about it - no one in our league takes much of anything too seriously. We're just out having fun.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

17 minutes ago, Derek Lusk said:

I hurt my wrist over a month ago. Played for the first time last Sunday it is still really sore. I ended up shooting a 88 which was surprising. I am going to try to play again this Sunday. Hopefully it all goes well and the wrist holds up 

I know you're anxious to play but be careful not to cause another injury or make your wrist worse taking more time to heal. I've done this with a pulled muscle on my back/right side and now have to completely stop hitting for another 2-3 weeks, maybe more. Nothing worse than telling your buddies that you have to back out of upcoming tournaments!

WITB: 

BombTech 9 deg gen 4.0

T/M M6 3 wood

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro

Kirkland 50, 54, 60 

Scotty Cameron Monterey

4 minutes ago, Rick Bouchard said:

I know you're anxious to play but be careful not to cause another injury or make your wrist worse taking more time to heal. I've done this with a pulled muscle on my back/right side and now have to completely stop hitting for another 2-3 weeks, maybe more. Nothing worse than telling your buddies that you have to back out of upcoming tournaments!

Rick you are correct it is the worst feeling telling them you can’t play. I tried a week after the injury and made it 2 holes. I have been going to physical therapy once a week and rehabbing at home ever other day. I told myself if it feels worse when I play I will takes a few holes off and try again in a couple holes.  I hope your back heals soon and you can get back on the course 

Derek Lusk

1 hour ago, Derek Lusk said:

I hurt my wrist over a month ago. Played for the first time last Sunday it is still really sore. I ended up shooting a 88 which was surprising. I am going to try to play again this Sunday. Hopefully it all goes well and the wrist holds up 

Praying that the wrist will be ok.  

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Just now, CLenahan said:

Well as poorly as I played Tuesday, I did the opposite today.  Went out for 9 before work and shot a personal best 42.  Highlights include spending 2 minutes looking for a ball that was on a green I have never hit on an approach shot and sinking a ~25-foot putt for par on a tough hole.

That is a great way to start the day!! Congratulations on a great round.

Derek Lusk

I guess this is the thread where you are allowed to rag or brag on yourself? 
As the golf season is dwindling away in missouri I have found my game completely.   Its much thanks to gambling on a tsr4 driver and lab link.1 thanks to TSauers reviews.  Last 4 rounds have been my best since I was a jr golfer(played all the time)   Mostly scratch golf.  Investing in a home sim over the winter has really changed my short game dramatically.  I highly encourage people to focus on 100 yards and in. 

WITB

8 hours ago, CLenahan said:

Well as poorly as I played Tuesday, I did the opposite today.  Went out for 9 before work and shot a personal best 42.  Highlights include spending 2 minutes looking for a ball that was on a green I have never hit on an approach shot and sinking a ~25-foot putt for par on a tough hole.

What I hear is your personal best round comes when you play BEFORE work!  😂  Congratulations!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, Derek Lusk said:

I feel your pain!  I hurt my wrist in April and thought that it would eventually heal up like most of my other pains.  I had a doc appt two weeks ago and he sent me to x-ray.  Turns out it's arthritis.  So, it's something I have to learn to play with.  I am using prescription strength Voltaren at night and I tape it during the day.  It's not getting any better, but it hasn't gotten any worse either.  BTW, I shot my age... 76 last Sunday.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10 hours ago, CLenahan said:

congratulations, how good is that!!

committed to performance excellence

36/39 this morning at Desert Springs.  I was -1 through 15 😍.  Hit a rocket drive down the far left side on #16.  Nothing but open desertscape that slopes back towards the fairway.  Oh, but there is a group of three bushy/cactus things.  We all swore my ball cleared those and would be way down the fairway or, at worse, on the dirt. The further down I drove, the more my heart sank... no ball.  The guys helped looked but no ball. Went back to the things and dug around... dammit!! 🥵.  Had to take an unplayable, shorted that, left the approach 50+ feet away from the hole and 3 putted for a TB 😥.  

Slightly red-assed at the par 3 #17, I pulled my shot left and took a bogey. I did have a decent birdie chance at #18 (would have been the 4th of the round), but nope.  The best chance I've had at a par round, maybe even sub par round, gone in a flash.  Maddening for sure, but so cool to be so close.  I know it's there and I'm going to keep at it 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Either pretty good or pretty bad .. no middle of the road adequate for this guy today! 😄

Good news: no slices off the tee. Bad news: lost a few left off the tee. 🤷‍♂️

Irons, wedges, putter all also either good or bad .. hey that's just another day of golf, right? 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Swood1994 said:

It’s been a while since I posted in this thread. Mainly because I haven’t had a ton of time to play and my game is suffering because of it. So here’s a longer recap of my round yesterday 

I was invited up to my FIL club to play a round. This is one of my favorite courses in our area and is a very fun but tough track if you get out of position. Starting at the range I reluctantly admit that I start my warm up out with 5 dead shanks in row off of the hitting mats. I was not looking forward to the round. Lucky I took a step back and made a couple adjustments that helped get me through the round. 

Now when I say this was the best driving day I’ve had all year… 11/14 fairways. Long drive of 329 and an average of 302. I was absolutely crushing the ball. But in true golf fashion, I couldn’t hit a wedge shot to save my life. The par threes are me alive. Collectively I shot +9 just on the par 3’s with a triple and the rest doubles. If you are out of position on these holes your score can really add up. The other 14 holes I played +8 with a couple bad breaks and a few missed birdie opportunities. If I take out the par 3 game I was happy with how I struck the ball.

All in all I shot a mediocre 88 but have a new found confidence in my driver/woods (not a good thing for the mizuno long game test. They’ll have to really perform now) and have my marching orders to go and practice my 130 yard and in shots for a some of the tail end of the season play I have coming up. 

Stats:

FIR: 11/14

GIR: 8/18

Putts: 36

I was feeling sympathetic until...

Spoiler

... this part, "Long drive of 329 and an average of 302." 😆  Oh, yea, I remember those days, like never.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

day 3 of my "get ready for competition" yesterday. Played in a "breakfast club" competition which was good as all putts need to be finished and there is prizes on the table so a bit like a real completion. Came out of the gate really well, 2 under on the front, hit some sloppy shots mid round, bogeyed 13-14- and doubled 15, parred in for a 75. Some good takeaways from the front side and was a bit more aggressive on the second shots on the back. I have 3 games booked next week and with some practice reps in between I believe I will be ready for the club Championship  august 26-27. 

A rattle emerged in my driver so I have that in the shop getting looked at, hopefully they can fix it quickly as it is my favourite club in my bag....

Have a great day everyone

committed to performance excellence

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I was feeling sympathetic until...

Hide contents

... this part, "Long drive of 329 and an average of 302." 😆  Oh, yea, I remember those days, like never.

Full disclosure. That drive had wind behind it and a slight downhill tee shot on a 427 yard par 4. I had around 85 in to a front pin (92 to the middle). I used my range finder to try and get as accurate of a distance as possible. Oh it was also the hole right after a triple on a par 3 haha. A lot of anger was behind that ball. My father in law said I’m not invited back because I had about 80 yards between his drive and mine 😂. I kept telling him it’s the second shot that counts, which still holds true to his 84 vs my 88.

Edited by Swood1994

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

Played nine with the Caley DI today. After a rough first hole triple, I ended up playing bogey golf. one triple, one double, three pars, four bogies

IMG_8202.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review