Looking to buy an affordable golf club set. What are your reviews on the Callaway Edge Set?

I am looking to improve my game. Earlier, I was using the TaylorMade Stealth Iron Set. Now I'm looking for something affordable and better quality.

Olivia Bell
Research Professor
Weekend Golfer

Stealth irons are probably better than the edge set. However depends on each as an individual - any chance you can get to a demo day? 

Edge is a typical higher end box set. Solid for the price and nothing wrong with them at all for the golfer they are targeting.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Good morning, Just picked up a set of Callaway Edge (3W,5H,6-SW) for the bride ... new clubs for the upcoming new season which is a few months away. Nice looking clubs, great price, came with an Odyssey White Hot Pro 1 putter/Super Stroke Traxion 2.0 Tour grip blade putter. Here's to warm weather and great friends at the course. Cheers, 😎

GOLF, and HOCKEY

As has been said many times before it’s worth going for a fitting to find something that fits you best. Plenty of us have made the mistake of buying clubs just based on reviews only to find that the clubs just don’t suit our game.
If you’re looking to improve your game a club fitting is a great way to start 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

Well, well, well, that's pretty much everyone wants to improve. I have been using the Callaway Edge Set. Here is what you get.

It consists of the following clubs:

• Titanium Silver
  • 3-Wood
  • 5-Hybrid
  • 4 Cavity Back Irons (6-9 irons)
  • Pitching Wedge
  • Sand Wedge
  • Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter with SuperStroke grip

Great value for money you can add to your bag. Second, the quality is also quite good. I have shifted to other sets but I have used this for more than 2 years.

My Reviews: Best for Beginners and Mid Handicappers. You will never regret your purchase.

Also, you can check the complete review at https://golfgearz.com/callaway-edge-review/ But I would also suggest you go with other options it's my take as I have already used this product.

Like @GolfSpy_APH said you can also go for Stealth Irons.

Callaway Edge Set 1.jpeg

Callaway Edge Set 2.jpeg

Callaway Edge Set 3.jpeg

I'm Anna Smith, and I am thrilled to welcome you to my golfing journey. For me, the world of golf isn't just a game; it's a passion, a challenge, and a source of boundless joy.

A Swing Through Time: From the first moment I gripped a club, I knew that golf was destined to become an integral part of my life. As the years have passed, I've honed my skills on the course, learning the art of precision, patience, and perseverance. Every swing is a new opportunity, every fairway a blank canvas for me to paint my story.

⛳ Exploring the Greens: Whether it's the lush greens of local courses or the excitement of new terrains, I find myself continuously drawn to the serenity and challenges that golf offers. The camaraderie shared with fellow golfers and the mental battles waged against the elements and me – these are the experiences that shape my journey.

🌟 A Golfer's Philosophy: To me, golf isn't just about numbers on a scorecard; it's about the journey, the friendships forged, and the lessons learned both on and off the course. The way I approach the game reflects my values: dedication, sportsmanship, and a constant pursuit of improvement.

Join Me on the Fairway: As I navigate the twists and turns of this beautiful game, I invite you to join me. Let's discuss strategies and favorite courses and share the anecdotes that make golf a truly unique experience. Whether you're a seasoned player or just stepping onto the greens for the first time, there's always something new to learn and enjoy.

Fairways and friendships,

Anna Smith

Now I am an expert on golf clubs. I have been known to buy four sets of clubs in one season. They are all great clubs.

Buy one good set, fitted and stay with that club, it is the " Indian " not the arrow. They are all excellent  clubs. 

Rick Shiels did a review and was impressed. FWIW

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Stealth irons are probably better than the edge set. However depends on each as an individual - any chance you can get to a demo day? 

Edge is a typical higher end box set. Solid for the price and nothing wrong with them at all for the golfer they are targeting.

My thoughts as well. I'd almost undoubtedly opt for the Stealth over the Edge set. Not a knock on the Callaways, I just feel those are a step down.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

Check out the DTC brands - Sub70, Takomo, Haywood, New Level. They're all going to provide great value and high quality. You can also look at something like Stix Golf, which provides a full set of clubs at a great price and they have been well reviewed online.

It really comes down to what you need, want, are willing to pay, etc. Not really sure what you're looking to accomplish, but these are some great places to start.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver, 11.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Doesn't seem this exact choice would be the direction a person would go for a "step up" in club performance.

As best I can tell, unless you are pushing low 70s, I would be unsure what you'd be changing from the Stealth irons to achieve.

Do some golfers prefer other types of irons to these? Sure. 

Would many people play better golf with a club similar to the Stealth irons over their current setup? - I'd bet big money on that!!!

Point is - this general type of club, and this club in particular, is one you will get outstanding production from.

At some point if you are striking the middle more than ever before and simply want a different style of club, in hopes of achieving increase ability to execute the nuances of shot-making, then at this point you could look into a player iron or players distance type iron.  

With that said, one would be wise to have many grains of salt on hand for the countless times you will hear that this or that iron is not this or that.  There is quite a bit of research indicating that the differences are far more miniscule than most are convinced of.

Just know this -

99% of golfers are playing with a set of clubs that does not give them the exact best chance to score to their peak, there is always something more ideal.  Many will argue against that, but it will most often be a fact that this won't come from the lips of golfers who are +(plus) handicappers!  Also keep in mind many golfer who earn their living at this game have a bag of clubs that is more forgiving than several people posting online.  Some of these posters have yet to break 80 this year or ever, but will tell you to set up a bag for "feel" "workability" "feedback" and the other buzzwords.  Nothing wrong with any of these things ........... they just don't matter as much on the course as they seem to on a forum post.🤓

If you are looking to invest in your game - once you have a sufficient set of clubs (Stealth would qualify), then investment should be made into practice/learning/lessons/clinics/occasional session on a trackman , etc.....

You'll be far happier with the return on investment!

Edited by Badams69

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

Thanks for your diverse perspectives, everyone! It seems the Callaway Edge Club Set has its merits, but personal fit and preference do play a crucial role. 

So I'll consider all your opinions and will give it a try.

And would also explore different options, as mentioned by you all.

Thank you once again to everyone.

Olivia Bell
Research Professor
Weekend Golfer