Sign in to follow this  
msp1404

Championship Bermuda

Our Sponsors

Since i've been away at college for the last 2 1/2 months a local golf course(Verdict Ridge) near my house has put in Championship Bermuda greens. I am going home this weekend to play Verdict Ridge and I havent played on this type of grass yet. So my question is, what I am going to expect?

Expect to be able to stop the ball but not to be able to spin it. Also expect the grain to have more effect on putts.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Check this site out....Champion Bermuda ball roll

I've been playing on champion Bermuda for 4 years.....the roll is true.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Champion is a hybrid between Bermuda and Bent grass, It has the maintenance qualities of a Bermuda in terms of water and soil temperatures during the summer months, but putts more closer to a bentgrass with less grain effecting the put then a typical Bermuda grass. The are like putting on a pool table when they are maintained properly obviously not as fast in most cases but you get the idea.

KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" (2" Bore Depth) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 Stiff

Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")

Srixon Z U45 19.0* @ 39.75" w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 MB 3-P @ 38.75" - 35.25" (0.25" under), 60.5* - 64.0* (0.5* upright), 22* - 48* (1* weak) w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 54-12 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 60-10 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Lamkin UTX Wrap, Including Grip Core: 1/32 over (top hand), 1/16 over (bottom hand)

Srixon Z-Star

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

The good news with Championship Bermuda vs Bent? Your club will have more money to spend on other things, as chemicals and maintenance costs are around $40k less per year than with Bent (at least around here they are). That's a major contributor to courses going to it.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Since i've been away at college for the last 2 1/2 months a local golf course(Verdict Ridge) near my house has put in Championship Bermuda greens. I am going home this weekend to play Verdict Ridge and I havent played on this type of grass yet. So my question is, what I am going to expect?

Nice course I played it several years ago right after it opened up on a Thanksgiving Day I believe it was. I know one of the owners I dont know if he is still involved with it or not I know due to the location it was hilly as heck to me having been living here at the beach for a while. Dont remember much about the greens but I was really impressed with the beauty and layout of the course

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Unfortunately i did not get a chance to play Verdict Ridge this weekend, because of a tournament, and i was kinda mad. I have heard the "pool table" reference before and I know for a fact the whole reason they changed the greens is becuase of the low cost maintenence, becuase there greens were in great condition before. I will definately let you guys know how it plays whenever i play it.