95 replies to this topic

#46 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

A quick heads up for MyGolfSpy users, Harrison plans to make a major announcement regarding the Shotmaker tomorrow.

#47 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

Harrison Announces Shotmaker Tour Plan

Golfers around the world are beginning to understand and experience Shotmaker’s ability to notably improve scoring. One question that inevitably follows is whether Harrison Sports plans to launch the product on the tour. Up to this point, we have responded to this legitimate question individually, but we feel it is time to state publicly our position with clarity and certainty.

At the present time, we have no plans to offer the Shotmaker to any tour player until the majority of the tour players are well informed of the Shotmaker’s intended purpose and capabilities and have an ample amount of time for testing and evaluation.

We strongly encourage all of our dealers to respect the present performance balance on tour and refrain from actively marketing the Shotmaker to any tour player. Harrison Sports is constantly monitoring the global impact of the Shotmaker and its performance results. Our tentative plan is to launch it on tour no earlier than the 2013 tour season.

First and foremost, as an equipment manufacturer, we must respect the spirit of the game. It is golf that we owe our existence to, and therefore, it is our duty to preserve and sustain it for generations to come.

Golfers everywhere have demanded more models to increase Shotmaker’s compatibility. To address this issue, we offer to share freely Shotmaker’s compatibility specifications with any interested golf shaft makers so that they have necessary information to make compatible golf shafts.

In addition, we are pleased to announce that Harrison plans to introduce two new insert models at the 2012 PGA Show. With these additions, more golfers will be able to experience the dramatic performance enhancement that the Shotmaker is known for.

#48 Damon

Damon

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 121 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL
  • Handicap:9

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker/reader here at MygolfSpy for quite some time now, and have finally signed up for the forums. I've actually tweeted a few times with MyGolfSpy and bought the Powerbilt AirFoil Tour Driver based on the reviews here and recommendations. I am active poster a couple of other places, and participated in some discussions about the Shotmaker. I posted my thoughts recently on those forums, and thought I would do so here as well. I'm looking forward to posting around here, I think this is a great site.

Well, I had the opportunity to test out a few Shotmakers at my local Edwin Watts a week or so ago, and then take one out to the course. As you will see, for me I found the Shotmaker to improve my performance, but the results were sensitive to the different flexes I tried.

For the experiment, I inserted a Stiff Flex Harrison Eclipse 65 into my driver. First I can say, with or without a Shotmaker, the Eclipse immediately became one of my favorite shafts (along with Graphite Design Pershing 65). I’ve hit them all (and own a bunch like Fubuki, Blueboard, etc) and I find the Eclipse to be smooth feeling but tight. It is a fun shaft to play.

Anyway, to do the test, I tried to make it as “blind” as possible. By this I mean I had the Edwin Watts salesperson install the various Shotmakers (D, E, and F) and not tell me which one was installed when I hit it. For every test I took 5 swings and I did not use the backweight in the grip. Thinking back, I wish I did use the backweight because now that I took the driver to the course, I like hitting with the backweight installed. Before documenting the baseline figures, I warmed up about 20 swings into the monitor, and did not look at any results.

Base numbers without the Shotmaker were:
147 mph ball speed, 99 swing speed, 13.3* launch angle, 2561 backspin, -852 side spin, 241 carry 258 total distance, 8 yards offline

F Flex (first one I hit)
150 mph ball speed, 101 swing speed, 12.3* launch angle, 2515 backspin, -450 side spin, 244 carry, 262 total distance, 3.5 yards offline

D Flex (second one I hit)
148 mph ball speed, 108 swing speed, 13.6* launch angle, 3240 backspin, -1034 side spin, 236 carry, 249 total distance, 11 yards offline

E Flex (last one I hit)
150 mph ball speed, 103 swing speed, 13* launch angle, 2720 backspin, -665 side spin, 247 carry, 260 total distance, 6.4 yards offline

When I hit these, my initial impressions were:
I liked the first Shotmaker, could not stand the second Shotmaker, and liked the third Shotmaker. I was surprised to learn the second one I really did not like was the D. I figured it would be the F. I initially did not notice any substantial change in feel among the three Shotmakers, but I do feel that having one installed tightened up the feel of the shaft compared to hitting without a Shotmaker installed.

The next day I took these out to the driving range, and there I felt that the F flex, while giving me good results, caused the shaft to feel too “stout”. So I went with the E flex and then took it to the course.

On the course, I hit 6 of 11 fairways with my driver, and 1 of them I missed simply because I drove it too far through the dogleg. Of the 4 I missed, 2 of them were bad swings which caused low snap hooks (trying to get fancy and hit low runners into the wind). A third was a push that just missed carrying the junk by 2 yards (it was smashed, just pushed too far right), and the 4th missed by a few feet. What I saw in my mind’s eye on the well struck balls was a smoothing out of any draw or fade compared to what I expected to see when I looked up at the ball flight. For instance on a draw, the ball seems to start to draw and then just settle down and slightly tumble left after it hits its apex.

So what did I learn? I think the Shotmaker does improve accuracy, as long as it is fitted correctly to one’s swing. The D flex for me was a bad fit, and the results show. And even though the F flex gave me the best results, I stepped back 1 flex to E due to my feeling of not needing to commit full swing speed/energy to get good results. Now, is it worth $99 or $149 with the tools? That is for the buyer to determine. For me, someone who likes to tinker, I say "Yes". Even with a fitted shaft I feel the Shotmaker will add the last bit of performance and help keep the ball in play on those not so great swings. It will not help the pull hook swings – those shots are going left of left no matter what! But on those so-so swings, I think you’ll find yourself a few yards closer to the fairway than you would have otherwise.
Driver: Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* with GD Tour AD-DI 6 X-Stiff
3-wood: Mizuno MP-650 with Arthur Extreme 75g Stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 7DT 17* and 22* with Aldila RIP Beta 80 Stiff
Irons: 5 -PW Wilson Staff FG Tour V2, KBS Tour Stff
Wedges: 51*, 54* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

#49 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

A quick announcement from Harrison:

The Shotmaker was ruled by the R&A as conforming to the Rules of Golf.

#50 Damon

Damon

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 121 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL
  • Handicap:9

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

That is good news - congrats.
Driver: Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* with GD Tour AD-DI 6 X-Stiff
3-wood: Mizuno MP-650 with Arthur Extreme 75g Stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 7DT 17* and 22* with Aldila RIP Beta 80 Stiff
Irons: 5 -PW Wilson Staff FG Tour V2, KBS Tour Stff
Wedges: 51*, 54* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

#51 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Since Shotmaker’s introduction, thousands of users have posted their reviews online. Most of them are descriptive in nature. The two launch monitor screen shots below were taken during a Shotmaker fitting by a user. During the fitting, Haydn compared three scenarios: without insert (STD - blue), F insert (F FIT - red) and G insert (G FIT - green). As can be seen from the screen shots, Haydn achieved the best results with the F insert. His accuracy increased by 60%, side spin decreased by 48%, and he picked up 17 more yards.

To view more user reviews supported by launch monitor data, please follow this link. My link

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 HAVOC

HAVOC

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Handicap:4

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:07 AM

cant see spending 100 bucks on a 2 dollar, if that piece of graphite with a 20 cent expanding screw

#53 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

The Shotmaker took 7 years to develop, 5 of them were in the middle of the worst recession in the past 30 years. It has received 4 patents and has patent pending. The development costs for the Shotmaker were so high it nearly brought down the company. What end users see today is the result of many years of heartache and hard work.

The device is very simple because it has been perfected over a long period of time. The Shotmaker never existed before. Every part of it needs to be invented, from the red screw down to the dual-action torque wrench.

7 years is a very long time. Most people would have given up, but we stuck to it and was gratified that tens of thousands of golfers worldwide have picked it up. Across English language golf forums everywhere, the Shotmake has received nearly 2000 positive reviews. Many credited the Shotmaker for renewing their joy of golf. Some called it the game changer.

We are highly confident about what Shotmaker is capable of delivering so it comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. There is absolutely no risk in trying.

#54 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,872 posts
  • LocationEuharlee, GA
  • Handicap:10

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

I tried it and sold it for a loss. Did nothing for me in terms of accuracy, as I already hit my driver well. It did throw the swingweight off and cause my club to be out of balance though. Nice placebo effect I suppose, but my trackman data from when I tested it some months back supported the position that I take, it did nothing for accuracy for me, nor reducing sidespin enough to be effective.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue Superfast 2.0 LCG w/ USPG Black Ops Pearl X 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade SLDR TS 13* with Aldila NV 75X
3 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 18* (bent to 17*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams Super LSP 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
5-7I : Tour Issued Adams CB2 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour issue S400 hardstepped 1x
8-GW: Tour Issued Adams CB1 w/ Dynamic Gold S400 hardstepped 1x

SW: 56* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Cleveland CG12 (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
Putter: Mannkrafted Widebody Rattler 34", 71* lie, 4* loft

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

#55 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

On behalf of everyone at Harrison, I want to wish every Golf Spy a very

Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Sincerely,
Mike Cheng
Harrison

#56 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

Next Wednesday, Harrison will be presenting the new Model 17 and 18 Shotmaker inserts at the PGA Show Demo Day. It will be held at the Orange County National Golf Center in Orlando, FL. I want to invite all of you to drop by and try out the Shotmaker insert. We are located between Nike and TaylorMade golf on Tee # 4. We will have Flightscope launch monitor on-site to show you the results.

By the way, we have prepared plenty of goodies to give away.

If you plan to attend the Show, Harrison is located at the ICG Hall. We will be presenting the Shotmaker on Thursday 1:30 pm at the ICG Seminar.

#57 GolfSpy Tim

GolfSpy Tim

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationFolsom, CA
  • Handicap:14

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:58 AM

looking forward to seeing you guys at the show
Follow me on twitter: @GolfSpy_Tim

Or go check out my photography TimHalberg.com

#58 Matt Saternus

Matt Saternus

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

Next Wednesday, Harrison will be presenting the new Model 17 and 18 Shotmaker inserts at the PGA Show Demo Day. It will be held at the Orange County National Golf Center in Orlando, FL. I want to invite all of you to drop by and try out the Shotmaker insert. We are located between Nike and TaylorMade golf on Tee # 4. We will have Flightscope launch monitor on-site to show you the results.

By the way, we have prepared plenty of goodies to give away.

If you plan to attend the Show, Harrison is located at the ICG Hall. We will be presenting the Shotmaker on Thursday 1:30 pm at the ICG Seminar.

I will be there! This is something I've wanted to try since I first heard about it, but haven't had the chance yet.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

#59 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Do drop by, I look forward to meeting you guys in person. Mike Cheng

#60 fastmc

fastmc

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

The PGA Show Demo Day was very busy. We were overwhlemed by the crowd around our tent.

We started out with one hitting bay, but soon grew to 3 hitting bays. We had a FlightScope launch monitor in our tent to show paritcipants the difference in performace. People were just amazed by what they saw.

There were dealers from all over the world: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, China, Korea, Singaore, Thailand, Japan, Mexico, Germany, Ireland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, etc. They all wanted to carry the Shotmaker. Even the golf academy affiliated with the Old Course of St. Andrew decided to carry it.

We took some videos during the Show, and this is the link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      10 Sep
    hckymeyer

Played yesterday and it was 76 degrees w/ 5mph winds, today playing in 50 degrees w/ 15-20mph winds. Sometimes I hate MN

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors