Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

You Don't Know Shafts...But he does.

I've been reading the weekly club fitting series Tom Wishon is providing over on "that other site". (Shhhh...GolfWrx) I'd like to suggest that if you haven't been reading them to do so. Last night I read his most recent article pertaining to Shaft Flex. http://www.golfwrx.com/286911/wishon-what-shaft-flex-should-i-use/ Like most of you I've read countless posts and talked to friends and other golfers who like to offer up a shaft recommendations. Most recently a friend of mine told me about a Fujikura shaft of some flavor that his brother in law had put in this driver. Of course he was just killing it. My friend said he's getting the same one. Good luck with that Pal.

I'm pretty sure anyone who is familiar with Tom Wishon and his work would find his knowledge and expertise indisputable. After you're read the first article I linked to above hit this link http://www.golfwrx.com/55733/wishon-facts-about-what-shafts-what-shafts-do-and-who-they-do-it-for/ and finish up on your Shaft primer. The next time your expert buddy says you need a certain shaft tell him thanks for the advise but no thanks.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

You remember the commercial on TV when E.F. Hutton speaks everyone listens? Well when Tom Wishon speaks I listen and learn. Also I listen a lot to Charley Penna and Tad Moore on there. All 3 of those gentlemen know what they are talking about. I have also talked to Tom on the phone and personal e mails.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I agree- he has answered so many questions I've had.

encouraged me to get fitted for sure (last driver purchase excluded  :wacko:

The driver length really hit home with me- I've been way more consistent with a sub 45" shaft. 

Fortunate enough there is at least one recommended fitter from his site near me.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

You remember the commercial on TV when E.F. Hutton speaks everyone listens? Well when Tom Wishon speaks I listen and learn. Also I listen a lot to Charley Penna and Tad Moore on there. All 3 of those gentlemen know what they are talking about. I have also talked to Tom on the phone and personal e mails.

Joe Kwok is another very knowledgable and giving member on there as well.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived