Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Still Kicking

JohnBarry

Sorry all for such a long absence from the forum, wasn't by design. The first job, the one I have grown to hate but pays the bills has been improving and busy.

Basketball for my son, and coaching him, travel cheer leading for my daughter and her about to be a teen has been taking a ton of time. But the best, and maybe the scariest thing is my son is really into skate boarding. I skated a lot when I was his age up until I was about 20 (and the 3rd broken ankle).

So for the last 4 months, if the weather is nice enough, it's me and my son hitting the skate parks together. It's been great being able to do an activity with my son we both love! Lots of pain, bruises and bumps for me, and lots of him laughing! I just couldn't get him into golf, my daughter gave up to.

But don't worry, the King Of Style is still alive and hooking (the ball). Have my group trip to Pinehurst coming up in May, promise lots of pictures!

I will be more active, miss you guys!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Good to have you back JB -- and don't wind up with a 4th broken ankle!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Glad to see you back sir.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Glad to have you back around, and spending time with your kids is never something to apologize for!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Welcome back!  In actuality, you never really left.  I always enjoy your posts.

A friend of mine has gone through the same thing except with grandkids.  He retired early so he could go on basketball, baseball, soccer, and cheer trips with his two grandsons and three granddaughters. He almost had to give up golf for awhile because he was driving 500 miles each weekend in all different directions for their activities.  All of them are pretty good at golf, but it is not their passion.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It was nice of Barbajo to wish JB doesn't break a fourth ankle, but I still find it pretty impressive that JB has broken three already.  None of my four legged friends here in New England even attempted to play golf, much less join a forum.

Still, in the overall scheme of things, four ankles are pretty routine. 

I've had four broken noses.

Beat that, guys.

Two broken noses, four dislocated fingers, two separted shoulders (same one), one broken hand, one broken foot, one broken collar bone, one broken orbital floor (eye)...... I quit!

OUCH!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Two broken noses, four dislocated fingers, two separted shoulders (same one), one broken hand, one broken foot, one broken collar bone, one broken orbital floor (eye)...... I quit!

After all that he finally quit. Slow learner?, or glutton for punishment.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived