What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

Looks awesome...killin it! Must be nice to be out in shorts and a tee shirt.

What are those lines or strings on the golf mat? Do you bring those yourself? I like those. Seems like they help with alignment & swing path?

You've got a really nice high finish and everything is well balanced.

Thanks I Appreciate it. They are called the TeeClaw. I use them for everything alignment, swing path, ball position, as well as chipping and putting drills. If you go to TeeClaw.com use the code KC for a discount

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Thanks I Appreciate it. They are called the TeeClaw. I use them for everything alignment, swing path, ball position, as well as chipping and putting drills. If you go to TeeClaw.com use the code KC for a discount

Thanks! I'll check it out. I go to the range quite a bit and am always looking for ways to change it up.

Sent from a bunker filled with mana

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

We had a balmy 45° day here. Still a good two feet of snow covering my yard, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to get into the garage and hit some balls. Honestly, at this point in the winter, I'm just working on basic striking of the ball. Though I think I did pull out essentially every training aid I own, just to fight the withdrawal symptoms :-)

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

Went to the range to hit two buckets....

Yuck.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Went to our training center today and was rifling 5 irons 205 carry with a baby push draw.One after another.The pro asks me what my handicap is and I said a 6.8.He was dumbfounded and said my motion is just perfect.Than he said you must be a terrible putter and chipper.Many fail to realize that my habdicap is a traveling handicap.Im always playing on the road and enjoy playing tracks I've rarely or never play.So a 6.8 traveling handicap is pretty darn good.If I played the same course everyday I'm sure i would be under scratch.All about good fundamentals.When you got it , you got it

Was dying to know results of my lie angles so I went out in the 30* temps and hit some balls. I ignored the standing frozen puddles near the range and pressed forward anyway. The results were honestly surprising.

Even more surprising from the lie results was the quality of shots I was hitting. Frozen ropes (literally) with a baby draw and shallow divots were coming one after another. The baby draw was surprising because my typical flight is a fade. The rest is surprising because I haven't hit full swing shots outside since early December.

I guess this basement practice is actually translating into something ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

It's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow so I'll go back out for a second opinion on the lie angle results.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Thx for that .. just bought a combo pack!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

IMG_0875.JPG

Spent my time hitting wedges and taking notes. Look for my comparison between Hogan and SCOR in the next few days. The results surprised me.

I was on the range with one of our assistants who's trying the winter mini-tour circuit. He has a very nice repeatable swing. He's trying to switch his ball flight from fade to draw because he can't keep up with the big boys.

I hit my wedges well and did hit 20 or so 7 irons for variety's sake.

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I stopped at the PGA Superstore near The Woodlands yesterday to kill time until Houston traffic cleared. I tried just about every putter family they had, to start. Then I walked around the store to check-out sale items. When I walked by the hitting bays, I saw one could pay $10 and practice with a Foresight. I had brought a 7 iron with me on the trip, so I hit balls for an hour. It was nice to have the monitor as hitting in a bay, into a net, wouldn't provide much feedback. The machine actually recorded video as a I swung, so I could look at face-on to see what everything looked like. I haven't been able to hit in awhile due to the cold and rain at home, so it was nice to hit!!!!

I have a confession to make - I watched one of the golf instruction shows last week. I watched because I was killing time and Blair O'Neal was on. I thought, golf and Blair, looks great.

They were talking about Matsuyama and the teacher - Monte Hall or something like that :), suggested that Blair could improve her tempo by thinking “1 and” on her back swing, using the and as the pause.

Since it makes sense and my teacher encourages me to visualize Matsuyama's pause when I swing I figured, why not, can't hurt.

I hit balls last Friday and hit them beautifully. Primarily I hit wedges with just three or four 7 irons mixed in because I was working on comparing the Hogan 56 with the SCOR 56.

Today I was wanting to compare the 52's but I wasn't hitting the part shots and I had more time. (The Hogan came out the winner again) I hit a bunch of 7 irons, Drivers and 3 Woods after I was done with the wedges.

I have to say I like my tempo and the ball striking that's coming from it. While I know that I'm not it feels as if I'm pausing and I certainly can tell that everything is in sequence at impact with nearly every shot. I'm hitting the tiniest of draws with each. Just what I want.

I wonder if I can take this onto the course. I'm also wondering what my swing looks like on video. I should take a lesson and see!

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

I have a confession to make - I watched one of the golf instruction shows last week. I watched because I was killing time and Blair O'Neal was on. I thought, golf and Blair, looks great.

They were talking about Matsuyama and the teacher - Monte Hall or something like that :), suggested that Blair could improve her tempo by thinking “1 and” on her back swing, using the and as the pause.

Since it makes sense and my teacher encourages me to visualize Matsuyama's pause when I swing I figured, why not, can't hurt.

I hit balls last Friday and hit them beautifully. Primarily I hit wedges with just three or four 7 irons mixed in because I was working on comparing the Hogan 56 with the SCOR 56.

Today I was wanting to compare the 52's but I wasn't hitting the part shots and I had more time. (The Hogan came out the winner again) I hit a bunch of 7 irons, Drivers and 3 Woods after I was done with the wedges.

I have to say I like my tempo and the ball striking that's coming from it. While I know that I'm not it feels as if I'm pausing and I certainly can tell that everything is in sequence at impact with nearly every shot. I'm hitting the tiniest of draws with each. Just what I want.

I wonder if I can take this onto the course. I'm also wondering what my swing looks like on video. I should take a lesson and see!

I agree about Blaire and I watch just to see her lol. If it's working give it a try and see how you like it on the course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Been spending all winter working my outside-to-inside path into an inside-to-outside path. I'm fortunate enough to live a few blocks away from a place with a really good simulator so I get some quality feedback. For whatever reason I cant work thru this fade with the driver. All the other clubs draw; but for as many slow-motion, dry, and live swings with the driver I've taken over the last few months I just cannot keep the club head inside the ball. It was this way with the irons too until about two months ago when something just 'clicked' mentally and one day I went in there and was drawing the ball 80% of the time. For whatever reason I'm not there yet with the big fella---though I did go from a terrible slice that I couldn't keep in the correct zip code to a more natural-looking fade that stays near the fairway... Which is progress none-the-less, and that's what keeps us coming back, right?

:mizuno-small: ST 180 Driver & 3W

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 4i-GW

Mizuno MP 2i

:mizuno-small: S22 Wedges

Lab Golf Mezz.1

#TrustTheProcess 

I think my shaft change to improve my dispersion worked.

IMG_4730.JPG

Been spending all winter working my outside-to-inside path into an inside-to-outside path. I'm fortunate enough to live a few blocks away from a place with a really good simulator so I get some quality feedback. For whatever reason I cant work thru this fade with the driver. All the other clubs draw; but for as many slow-motion, dry, and live swings with the driver I've taken over the last few months I just cannot keep the club head inside the ball. It was this way with the irons too until about two months ago when something just 'clicked' mentally and one day I went in there and was drawing the ball 80% of the time. For whatever reason I'm not there yet with the big fella---though I did go from a terrible slice that I couldn't keep in the correct zip code to a more natural-looking fade that stays near the fairway... Which is progress none-the-less, and that's what keeps us coming back, right?

This is where I should say, take a lesson and honestly you should.

But until then I will suggest gripping down on the club. It could be that your driver shaft is too long.

With the atypical cold weather we've had, my daily practice has been an effort to train my brain using a mental picture.   Each day at some point, I close my eyes, relax and visualize what my swing will look like when I finally get on the course.  I see and tell my brain, I will have a low and slow back swing and will finish it.  My back will point to the target.   My concern is that while I might train my brain, will my body obey its instructions.  

With the atypical cold weather we've had, my daily practice has been an effort to train my brain using a mental picture.   Each day at some point, I close my eyes, relax and visualize what my swing will look like when I finally get on the course.  I see and tell my brain, I will have a low and slow back swing and will finish it.  My back will point to the target.   My concern is that while I might train my brain, will my body obey its instructions.  

I wish you luck!  By body quit listening to my brain a loong time ago; probably because my brain's instructions didn't make sense anymore.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just continuing to work on tempo. That and my wedge/short iron play. (Which helps with - tempo)

Absolutely killed my middle clubs, 7iron and 5 hybrid.

Just continuing to work on tempo. That and my wedge/short iron play. (Which helps with - tempo)

Absolutely killed my middle clubs, 7iron and 5 hybrid.

I did the same thing today.  The course was packed; beautiful sunny weather.  Started with 30 yard pitches which was working very well.  i used my 54* SCOR instead of my 58* which is my goto club.  Then went to the range to continue with PW and 9i.  Tempo was very good; hitting a slight draw which is highly unusual for me.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had some drills that Potter's Putting sent me so I did those today inside on the carpet.

Watched my little one hit balls with her new clubs. Thank goodness, she loves them. Standing for 45 minutes was pretty tough on me. It'll be a little while before I can swing a club.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - TaylorMade Qi10 - Mitsubishi Diamana 60g (S)
3 Wood  - Callaway OG Big Bertha - RCH 90 (Firm)
5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD (L)
Driving Iron - New Level NLU-01
5i - PW - Wilson Staff D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - Cleveland CBX
58* - Cleveland CBX Full Face 2
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Bag - Sun Mountain 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Did some putting and chipping as my hand isn't up to full swing work.

Hit chips to 3 different pins from the same location using 5 balls. Had to hit one within 4 foot for each pin. Put a bit of pressure on the last ball. Which was a bit more realistic than hitting 20 chips at the one pin.

Putting worked up from 8 to 25 feet, 5 putts, had to hole one before increasing the distance by 3 foot.

Finished by trying to hit a couple of full swings with the gap wedge. Quickly realised it was a good decision not to try to play today, hand just wasn't ready.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Watch out! It's a heat wave! The temps reached 38* so your boy went out to get some work in from 75-105y.

This course can be funny. One fairway of the practice green was totally under water where the other fairway was totally dry.

pAe9wlj.gif

I was coming up about 10-15 yards short of what I expect from the clubs I used. Some of that can be attributed to the weather but the rest is probably from a more controlled swing I've been working on. Good on it too because about 75% of my shots left reasonable birdie putts and I only missed the green with around 10%.

Very happy with this session and I hope it stays with me as I get into the season.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Hit about 40 balls, first full swings since getting my left hand straightened out. Was a bit tentative at first, but it felt ok.

Hit a mix of 8 irons, 4 hybrid, driver and gap wedge. Ball flight was perhaps better than normal, I seemed to be releasing through the ball better.

Hoping that it's a sign my crap iron play over the last few years is related to my hand problem, not my ineptitude. More likely to be the latter, but fingers crossed (I can cross a couple of them much more easily now)

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

This is where I should say, take a lesson and honestly you should.

But until then I will suggest gripping down on the club. It could be that your driver shaft is too long.

Oh, I've gotten the lessons. My instructor is always there as well so as I'm hitting I can always pull up the video and have him take a look. At this point it's about re-training the body. As a former baseball player who hit everything the other way I have a tendency to cast that's made worse by the heavier swing-weight of the driver. I do grip down about 1-2" on the driver, trying to find that sweet spot. I grip down roughly 1/2" on all my clubs and a tick more on the driver. 

Update from last night: The thing that 'clicked' about two months ago with my irons finally happened with the driver last night. I'm still not out of the woods yet but my shots went from: 35% horrific slice, 35% playable strong fade, 30% something different---and bad. To: 15% horrific slice, 35% playable strong fade, 20% good draw about 300 yards, 30% bad and different. I'm not sure if I'd use the driver or the 3-wood (hit it good & straight the majority of the time, 275) if I had to tee one up right now knowing I'm not too far out from having legitimate confidence in the driver is exciting. 

The other great thing that happened last night was my workability. Normally, it takes me some hits in a row to work the groove to hit nice draws with my new irons... Last night I was hitting draws and fades on command, alternating each hit so I couldn't 'groove' the swing. it was pretty cool. 150 yard draw with the 9i, then a 150 yd fade, then a draw, then a fade. Was kinda freaking myself out. Then I started moving the ball up and back in the stance and was able to play it a bit higher and lower. Launch angles from 18 to 27 degrees when my normal hit is about 22-23. Never been in the zone like that before! Cant wait to get out there for the first time this weekend! 

Mizuno MP 2i

Lab Golf Mezz.1

#TrustTheProcess 

Oh, I've gotten the lessons. My instructor is always there as well so as I'm hitting I can always pull up the video and have him take a look. At this point it's about re-training the body. As a former baseball player who hit everything the other way I have a tendency to cast that's made worse by the heavier swing-weight of the driver. I do grip down about 1-2" on the driver, trying to find that sweet spot. I grip down roughly 1/2" on all my clubs and a tick more on the driver. 

Update from last night: The thing that 'clicked' about two months ago with my irons finally happened with the driver last night. I'm still not out of the woods yet but my shots went from: 35% horrific slice, 35% playable strong fade, 30% something different---and bad. To: 15% horrific slice, 35% playable strong fade, 20% good draw about 300 yards, 30% bad and different. I'm not sure if I'd use the driver or the 3-wood (hit it good & straight the majority of the time, 275) if I had to tee one up right now knowing I'm not too far out from having legitimate confidence in the driver is exciting. 

The other great thing that happened last night was my workability. Normally, it takes me some hits in a row to work the groove to hit nice draws with my new irons... Last night I was hitting draws and fades on command, alternating each hit so I couldn't 'groove' the swing. it was pretty cool. 150 yard draw with the 9i, then a 150 yd fade, then a draw, then a fade. Was kinda freaking myself out. Then I started moving the ball up and back in the stance and was able to play it a bit higher and lower. Launch angles from 18 to 27 degrees when my normal hit is about 22-23. Never been in the zone like that before! Cant wait to get out there for the first time this weekend! 

Awesome!  Sounds like the lessons really really helped you out.

I imagine that as a former (or current) baseball player your hips can get quick and your body sometimes can get out sync which would leave the face open and cause the slice?

Feels great when everything gets lined up and your bombing away.  275 with a 3w is quite impressive!

Good luck and have fun out there...

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

My biggest flaw right now is not maintaining my spine angle during my downswing (I'm sucking my hips in and standing up). The guy I have taken a couple lessons from suggested I practice with one of those giant exercise balls pinned between my butt and a wall to help reinforce the proper spine angle. I've been doing that with some half swings most evenings.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
7W: :callaway-small:Epic Flash 19* TourAD (can't remember the exact model)
4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 23* Recoil 780ES
5-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
54*, 58*: :Sub70: TAIII Black
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Most Recent TestFit For Golf 2.0

Awesome!  Sounds like the lessons really really helped you out.

I imagine that as a former (or current) baseball player your hips can get quick and your body sometimes can get out sync which would leave the face open and cause the slice?

Feels great when everything gets lined up and your bombing away.  275 with a 3w is quite impressive!

Good luck and have fun out there...

The lessons were amazing. I went in there with an Outside-to-Inside swing path of 6-8 degrees and over 4 hours of lessons we got it Inside-to-Out roughly 3 degrees. 

I don't play ball anymore, just some summer co-ed softball in the summer. But yeah, my approach at the dish was to drive everythign the other way. In baseball, you lead with your hands and the bat comes thru in a very rotational way. Intutitively, this makes sense just by watching the ball flight. When you (as a righty) hit a ball down the right field line or in the right field gap it tails. 

Working back to golf, when I'm hitting it well my hips drive forward and I really finish up on my toes. Compare that to a twisitng of the hips, too fast for my swing as they are pulling my body left not forward. Because my body's going left, my hands need to cast out a little more to make good contact---hense the slice that looks like a ball hit to right field tailing towards the foul line. My head finishes closer to my back foot than my front foot and I'm way off balance. 

The best drill is to try and hit using my 9:00 swing (arms paralell to ground on takeaway (P3, I believe)) with a finish of A9 (lead arm horizontal). The goal here is to have the hands blocked from view by my body from the camera behind me---with the club head plainly in view. If the clubhead is also blocked by my body my swing was too rotational, too much wrist cross. Keeping my hands out in front without crossing my wrist helps keep my swing vertical and not rotational. When all of this occurs I know the ball flight will be that gorgeous push-draw that I'm looking for. 

Mizuno MP 2i

Lab Golf Mezz.1

#TrustTheProcess 

The lessons were amazing. I went in there with an Outside-to-Inside swing path of 6-8 degrees and over 4 hours of lessons we got it Inside-to-Out roughly 3 degrees. 

I don't play ball anymore, just some summer co-ed softball in the summer. But yeah, my approach at the dish was to drive everythign the other way. In baseball, you lead with your hands and the bat comes thru in a very rotational way. Intutitively, this makes sense just by watching the ball flight. When you (as a righty) hit a ball down the right field line or in the right field gap it tails. 

Working back to golf, when I'm hitting it well my hips drive forward and I really finish up on my toes. Compare that to a twisitng of the hips, too fast for my swing as they are pulling my body left not forward. Because my body's going left, my hands need to cast out a little more to make good contact---hense the slice that looks like a ball hit to right field tailing towards the foul line. My head finishes closer to my back foot than my front foot and I'm way off balance. 

The best drill is to try and hit using my 9:00 swing (arms paralell to ground on takeaway (P3, I believe)) with a finish of A9 (lead arm horizontal). The goal here is to have the hands blocked from view by my body from the camera behind me---with the club head plainly in view. If the clubhead is also blocked by my body my swing was too rotational, too much wrist cross. Keeping my hands out in front without crossing my wrist helps keep my swing vertical and not rotational. When all of this occurs I know the ball flight will be that gorgeous push-draw that I'm looking for. 

The left picture below is what I'm trying to explain. When my hips rotate too fast, my arms cast out, my wrists roll over and the moment my hands disapear behind my body the clubhead does as well. When I'm hitting it well the head stays in the picture for more than a few frames before it goes behind my body. 00cafc62_P8.jpeg

Mizuno MP 2i

Lab Golf Mezz.1

#TrustTheProcess 

I actually went and hit balls today for the first time since September. It started as you would expect, poorly. But once I worked up to driver it was a lot better. Went from driver to 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, 6 iron, 7 iron, PW and for the most part they were good. Test drove the Smartsole out of a bunker for 20 minutes and have to say I was happy.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8