What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

14 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I'm hoping getting stronger digging will help my golf muscles. 

Not sure if it's placebo but I do feel like I play better after I do major construction projects on the house that require a lot of manual labor.  It also just may be because I'm happy to be not carrying something really heavy by myself.  😎

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Ventus Velocore+ Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&3 -- Tensei CK Orange

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 56/10º@55º  58º/10  C-Taper Lite 110

Putter

Test.png Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

1 hour ago, Syks7 said:

Not sure if it's placebo but I do feel like I play better after I do major construction projects on the house that require a lot of manual labor.  It also just may be because I'm happy to be not carrying something really heavy by myself.  😎

I actually enjoy physical work maybe because I started my working life as a labourer, then bought a truck with contract carrying 56lb bags of cement that was hand loaded and unloaded...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

12 hours ago, chisag said:

... and if anyone has had surgery they know a real Saint when they see one. After my first devastating back surgery early in the morning my night nurse let me use a bedpan. But my afternoon nurse the next day, an older black lady said she ain't given' me no bedpan and If I want to get out tha hospital I best get up and start moving around. Not just the bathroom but walking with my IV in the hallway. Made it to the bathroom in considerable pain and later took a walk in the hallway. She passed me and with a slight twinkle in her eye and a barely detectable smile whispering "mmmm hmm". All of the nurses were awesome. 

During my 3 months in hospital with a month in a Coma I had some amazing nurse's and a few crap ones, the best was a nurse from the Mid west of America she was gorgeous in every sense of the word...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I personally don't practice every day.  If weather allows on specific days I drive to Bandon Dunes and use the Practice Center which has a 9 hole course I play and practice all types of shots (Bunker, Chips, Pitches, Chip and run, etc.).  I will also putt.  At home I putt, some times chip using foam balls.  I will also go to a local sports field and hit limited distance balls then hit pitch, pitch and run, Flop, chip shots.

On other days I use my Total Gym or ride a bike and stretch.

EagleCub69

It was yesterday, but I also practiced teeing the ball up higher for driver. I know I loose distance on it and I need to get more comfortable with it so now is the time to drill that into my brain and make myself more comfortable before the main season kicks off!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

20 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Multi faceted range day today

videoed my iron and driver for a lesson. Todays focus was Adam young impact drills with many rehearsals and then half swings. Worked up to full swings along with the arm dropping. Lead to straight to soft fade shots. 

Driver focused on turn and really had to think only take 25% swing, otherwise I was coming way across the line

Chipping work was ok. Worked on different spots and distances with my 54. Holed a few

putting work with the DF is coming along. Need more lag work but starting to get the feel down. Realized I used to compensate a lot reading putts. The lab hits my line and I can really see true break. I need to recalibrate. 

Always great to get a lesson back and the words lots of good stuff here are said many times. Two things for me to work on is my hand path is a little too high in the backswing. The second thing is shifting pressure to my lead side sooner to allow me to push of more. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

22 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

thanks for that, I am impatient by trade...my wife is a recovery room nurse, so she is keeping, how do you say, a close eye on me lol

Had rotator cuff surgery and I'm thinking I'm about as "patient" as the rest of us and I'm probably NOT the best patient. But my PT is a golfer and we worked REALLY well together, even though I did push him a few times to his limit. He let me start w chip swings and progress to full swings (not as quickly as I would've liked- but it worked out in the end)

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

50 minutes ago, Merlin1313 said:

Had rotator cuff surgery and I'm thinking I'm about as "patient" as the rest of us and I'm probably NOT the best patient. But my PT is a golfer and we worked REALLY well together, even though I did push him a few times to his limit. He let me start w chip swings and progress to full swings (not as quickly as I would've liked- but it worked out in the end)

Gotta listen to those guys they know what they’re doing.  
I had same PT guy on both shoulders and knee.  I actually listened to him…

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Gotta listen to those guys they know what they’re doing.  
I had same PT guy on both shoulders and knee.  I actually listened to him…

I came off my last active duty orders at retirement with a calf muscle injury and went to the physical therapy guys at VA and they explained how the scar tissue was like Rice Krispies in there.  They used an IR device to heat up the insides to the bone and rolled it all out with what really was a rolling pin - awesome practice for pain tolerance.  That and how to stretch things on the steps and Voila! no more problems with calf muscles, walking, running [but not too much of that with the older muscles don't you know].  Sure beat the 300mg Ibuprofen the active duty medical gave with no physical therapy.

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind. ⛳ 

WITB ⚡ (Lots of Links in the signature)
|> Big Dogs: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max D (10.5)Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Chipper: Orlimar Escape (37)  Orlimar_Primary_Logo_Salmon_320x.png.74cc40a4a89b9e98905e4cba5c6d8337.png

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor    1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳ 2021 :Inesis: ⛳2022 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg⛳2023 :redrooster:⛳2023 LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg ⛳ 2024 :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳
If it wasn't for inconsistency, I would have no consistency in my game! 🏌️‍♂️

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It was yesterday, but I also practiced teeing the ball up higher for driver. I know I loose distance on it and I need to get more comfortable with it so now is the time to drill that into my brain and make myself more comfortable before the main season kicks off!

I tee the ball lower because I launch very high, so low tee height and Otto phlex shaft = more penetrating ball flight...

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Why do you lose distance? Do you end up hitting low on the face and causing extra spin? A change in face to path causing a more slice type flight?

what is the difference in tee height between your normal height and the higher height?

25 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Why do you lose distance? Do you end up hitting low on the face and causing extra spin? A change in face to path causing a more slice type flight?

what is the difference in tee height between your normal height and the higher height?

It's more a visual thing where I prefer seeing the ball teed lower. 

However teeing up higher gets my swing into a better AoA. Where I am normally a little negative and the lower tee height encourages that. Teeing up higher gets that up a bit and allows for lower spin and more distance. 

Rarely have issues with a big slice anymore. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Had my knee replaced one month ago today. So I am still working on being able to leverage off of my right leg again. Anyway went to the range with my Swing Caddie to work on getting my swing speed up and my smash factor closer to 1.5.  It worked for the most part. Both numbers came up a few points and the swing produced longer shots down the target line with a little draw.

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

54 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

Had my knee replaced one month ago today. So I am still working on being able to leverage off of my right leg again. Anyway went to the range with my Swing Caddie to work on getting my swing speed up and my smash factor closer to 1.5.  It worked for the most part. Both numbers came up a few points and the swing produced longer shots down the target line with a little draw.

Ah man. Be careful. 1 month for that kind of stress on a new knee. Push, sure just don't push too much too soon. Listen to your body, not your buddies. Good luck and good mending.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

28* today and 8" of hard pack all over. Got the barn heated to 45*. Concentrated on my 8 and 7 irons using impact tape to get more consistent in my strikes. Take it seriously but more interested in trying to maintain a swing for spring.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

2 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Wow that's great work so soon, watched utube video about knees replacement and they looked extremely brutal. Did you have total replacement or part of the knee which sounds like it by your recovering time?

14 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Two years ago I had torn meniscus surgery on my back knee and was curious about frequency of back knee injuries in golf, thinking they are rare.  I can’t find the link right now, but 2 Australian doctors did an exhaustive study on knee injuries in golf, and they had a lot of data on the amount and nature of forces.

In summary, 1/3 knee injuries are to the back knee.  With a good swing and proper weight transition, at the top of the backswing, and the first 1/3 of downswing, the amount of force on the back knee is ~235% of body weight.  Through the weight transition to the front side, there are tremendous rotational forces internal to the knee joint.  That’s with a proper swing.  

Any tendency to sway back, lay back and poor transition significantly exacerbate the internal forces.  After my surgery, which is nothing like a knee replacement, I was diligent and worked really hard with PT.  My surgeon is also the knee/elbow/shoulder surgeon for UGA football.  At 4 weeks he had me doing basic short pitches and chips.  At 7 weeks, full swing.  Told me I could do anything I wanted but would feel some discomfort over the next 90 days.  Then he added - “if you played football, you would have played in 2 games”.  To which I replied, I would have had PT twice/day, 7 days/week. 

Just be very careful!

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

20 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Wow that's great work so soon, watched utube video about knees replacement and they looked extremely brutal. Did you have total replacement or part of the knee which sounds like it by your recovering time?

I did the total knee replacement. But, I worked long and hard prior to the surgery. Squats, lunges, hamstrings curls, and low back. I also worked upper body to make sure I could do fun things like hoist myself out of the passenger seat of my wife's car. So anybody can do the short recovery time of you are willing to do the physical therapy and push through the pain. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

6 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

I did the total knee replacement. But, I worked long and hard prior to the surgery. Squats, lunges, hamstrings curls, and low back. I also worked upper body to make sure I could do fun things like hoist myself out of the passenger seat of my wife's car. So anybody can do the short recovery time of you are willing to do the physical therapy and push through the pain. 

That's impressive good luck to you, cheers...

Headed to the course yesterday for short game practice, but it was windy and cold.  To warm up I hit a few on the range with 7i and driver... directly in to the wind; not very far but I was happy the ball went straight-ish.

Then spent about 30 minutes with short chips with LW and GW working on getting my feel back on our grass after 2 weeks in Phoenix.  Some good, some not; but I felt like I'm getting there.  The wind really affected what happened when the ball landed on the green.  Have to be careful chipping downwind; into the wind I had to fly the ball almost to the hole, almost no rollout.

Back at it today; sunny and not much wind.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

During my search for new irons, I’ve gotten some very good feedback on my swing and confirmed by trackman data. 

Overall symptoms while playing - on a good shot, I tend to hit a mild draw, but often pull/draw with an occasional strong pull/draw.  Club head path averages -3.3*. Club face to path averages another -1*.  But there are some days I’ll have a slightly open club face and subtle fade.  My GIR is a disappointing 38%, especially given my FIR is 83%. 

Feedback from a pgatss fitter watching me swing, and questioning why I was hitting 2* upright.  He did a Sharpie test that indicated 1* flat. I’ve always felt my years ago fitting to 2* up was wrong.  I told him 2* upright gives me a feel that I need to setup closer to the ball, and stand with less spine tilt.  He responded  I don’t have enough clearance, am getting stuck and am forced to redirect hands outside, creating out-to-in.  I also slightly lose whatever spine tilt I had.  He also mentioned I have a lot of arm/hand action.  I do pronate my lead wrist, but have discovered I tend to roll my forearms.  

What I am working on during practice:

#1 - more spine tilt and ensure knees are flexed.  During practice sessions several days ago and this morning, I can feel the subtle difference with more room for my hands on the downswing, with more balance, and finish the swing with some spine tilt. 

#2 - pronate my lead wrist on the backup swing, but don’t roll my forearms.  

Really felt good this morning with very nice results, and the changes feel comfortable.   I hit partial and full swing SW and PW, and full swing 7i.  My plan is to continue with these 2 changes then go in for a lesson later this spring and check the data.

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

Spent my lunch time putting on my 10 foot Odyssey putting mat. I made 47 of 50. Then out to the yard to scope out a potential spot for a golf green. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Really trying to feel getting to my lead side sooner. I have two things coming to make a diy shift board as recommended from my coach to help. Right now I am able to feel it but I feel stiff and like I am standing up real early. I likely need to just get the pieces in and truly feel what the pressure shifts need to be like. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I've been working this week on dry swings out in the yard where I slowly get to the top, pause, let the club drop, and then rotate. I'm also doing those swings in the house without a club in order to work on not pulling the club down and letting my hands get separated in the downswing. When I pull it off, it's fascinating how I can also get my weight shifted to my left heel in my follow through. That's something that has eluded me forever. 

There might have been a couple of swing videos taken during my last round that have motivated me...It was ugly. 

Had a really really interesting range session today. I normally spend about 30 balls on a drill that's intended to help me stay in my posture and turn in sequence.  From there I move to normal swings, and for much of the past two seasons my practice sessions have been about positions and moves...trying to start the swing from the ground up, avoiding casting, avoiding early extension, proper release, etc.  Today I was hitting the ball pretty poorly, to the point that I eventually got very frustrated and said "f it" and just decided to screw around with the remaining 20-30 balls I had.  So, I set up to try and hit a big slinging draw, and I did...flushed it and bent it right back to the target...maybe a little bit overcooked, but a solid strike.  So then I decided to try and hit a big cut, and I did, and again with very solid contact.  So then I decided to try something I've never done and step through the 9-box drill.  I won't tell you I pulled them all off...my low cut was maybe an inch lower than my medium cut...but I had really really solid contact on all of them, including my straight ones.

I've been listening to the Sweet Spot podcast a lot and just picked up Adam Young's "The Practice Manual" and I've got to say, maybe he's on to something.  Getting away from positions and technique, and instead focusing on skills and external intent made a huge difference for me today.  I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can repeat it the next time out.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

6 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

question to everyone... do you warm up before you play then work on your game after your round? I have started doing that and it seems to keep me focuses on what I really need to work on

Sometimes, it just depends on when I'm playing. If it's not too late in the evening I'll do a dynamic warm-up at the house, go to the practice green and hit some chips and putts to get a feel for hitting the ball, then play. After the round, I'll pick up a small bucket and work on my game. 

Earlier rounds I'll normally still get my body warm at the house, pick up a bucket and see where my game is that day. I'll play my round and sometimes hit some more on the range after the round. 

3 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

question to everyone... do you warm up before you play then work on your game after your round? I have started doing that and it seems to keep me focuses on what I really need to work on

Usually any practice I want to do I do at home. Drills, putting, Orange Whip for tempo and speed, range work (on simulator). When I go to the course, I just play. After the round I head home. 

The only exception is if I am trying out a new club or helping my son. Then I’ll go to the outdoor range at the course. Range balls have been pretty bad especially at my new course. 

I even looked up buying 50 dozen new NXT Tour range balls. Found them for $184 bucks. Thinking about taking two dozen at a time. Hit them when I do work on something on the range and consider them a donation. That’s 31 cents per ball times 24 equals $7.40. The course charges $7.00 for a small bucket. Which is about 2 dozen. $9.00 for a large bucket. Since I don’t bang out large buckets I’m only out 40 cents. Freakin genius. I’m sure the course won’t mind getting new balls a dozen at a time🤣 It will be weird pulling two dozen balls out of my bag and start hitting them on the range. People on either side of me will have some strange looks on their faces.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag