Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tiger switches to Nike Method at British Open

GolfSpy_X

I think he knows that. He very rarely changes clubs, and he's had that Scotty in the bag since 1999 compared to guys like Jim Furyk and Vijay who changes putters every other week. His putting has just not been on. When he used to win big (and I'm talking last year, '08, '01, '02) he was very rarely missing within 10 feet. He would literally go entire tournaments without missing within 10 feet. This year that's not even close to the case.

Yeah, but Tiger seems to want to be arrogant and want to go teacher-less. Give him a weekend with Dave Stockton, bet you his PPR goes down and his putting comes back around. He used to be money from damned near anywhere, especially when the tournament was on the line. I remember seeing him duck the chip on 16 at Augusta in person. Watched him drain a 60 footer on 9 at East Lake in person. That guy used to be lights out with the flat stick, now, it's more like find the light switch and turn it on so I can at least see where I need to miss this thing at.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Going back to the scotty didn't seem to do any good. I'm with everyone else... its the indian, not the arrow.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Well we all know now that yesterday, Tiger switched back to his Scotty. He had two birdies the first four holes. However, we'll just have to see what he does the next time out.

This thread reminds me of the redneck sticker on the back of a Ford pickup with Calvin pissing on a Chevy emblem.

Does spending $300+ on a putter cause a person to spend the rest of thier life justifying that decision or something?

Tiger putted well with the Method on the first day, by far his best putting performance in months, then he putted crappy the 2nd day with the Method, and continued to putt relatively badly the rest of the tournament with the SC. Seems to me like pretty much any golfer that's struggling with his game. Any golfer should know that it isn't the putter, especially at the professional level. Pros' equipment is fit specifically to them, equipment should never be an excuse for them. However, we also all should know that sometimes change just for the sake of change is a good thing, especially with the putter. How many guys here switch putters on an almost round by round basis? The fact that Tiger thought the Method was good enough for him to try is a feather in Nike's cap, but the truth is there's 100 other putters that Tiger could have tried and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference. SC is just lucky Tiger didn't win that tournament with the Method! It wouldn't have been because of the putter if he had, but you still probably couldn't have pried it out of his bag for months if he had!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived