Random Thread

ole gray

9 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My random thought of the day.

Many of our members courses shut down for the season. GHIN in certain areas have an inactive season so you can’t post toward your handicap. My area is open year round so you can post. 

However the course conditions are not favorable from Late November till early April. Fairways are dormant and they play like tight lies. Traps get rock hard and the tee boxes get a little bare. So, why would you want to post toward your handicap. I can appreciate being able to play year round but I treat this time to just keeping the swing going. Playing just for fun and not looking to post anything official. 

What do you other spies do during winter when your still allowed to post?

Here in Southwest Ohio, it’s odd. The GHIN posting season ends on Nov. 14th and picks back up around the beginning of April. Yet the courses stay open year round. So during this period I’ll play a round if the weather is nice here and there, but I belong to a virtual league at the driving range close to home that has Top Tracer Range. It runs from Saturday to Sunday each week and 9 hole virtual rounds can be played on each teams available schedule. During the offseason, I find it to be a good way to keep the swing in shape while playing competitively in a low stress/low stakes environment. Coupled with swing work using a net/Rapsodo and putter mat practice, it has allowed me to get my handicap below 2. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Random rant.

Guess my wife had big ideas after seeing one of the finalists house picture from last year’s house decorating contests for Christmas. She entered our house in the Christmas contest for this year. Oh lucky me.

Shoot me please!!!!

Just spent the last 6 hours putting up lights and crap and I’m not even 20% done. I guess it’s her payback for my golf obsession. 

Hope you and Clark Griswold don't compete against one another this year................................ 🫣

if you do, I hope yours lights up the first time you throw the switch

griswold house.JPG

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Random rant.

Guess my wife had big ideas after seeing one of the finalists house picture from last year’s house decorating contests for Christmas. She entered our house in the Christmas contest for this year. Oh lucky me.

Shoot me please!!!!

Just spent the last 6 hours putting up lights and crap and I’m not even 20% done. I guess it’s her payback for my golf obsession. 

A seasonal decorating obsession is much worse than a golf obsession!!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

18 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

Here in Southwest Ohio, it’s odd. The GHIN posting season ends on Nov. 14th and picks back up around the beginning of April. Yet the courses stay open year round. So during this period I’ll play a round if the weather is nice here and there, but I belong to a virtual league at the driving range close to home that has Top Tracer Range. It runs from Saturday to Sunday each week and 9 hole virtual rounds can be played on each teams available schedule. During the offseason, I find it to be a good way to keep the swing in shape while playing competitively in a low stress/low stakes environment. Coupled with swing work using a net/Rapsodo and putter mat practice, it has allowed me to get my handicap below 2. 

@Ben Joest When do you get to be a 20-handicap bossman? 

Edited by ole gray

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Random rant.

Shoot me please!!!!

Haha..... it just made me think of Home Improvement and Tim Taylor saying more power...

TimTaylorHomeImprovement.jpg.2eb0fa552d4ddba4fec090690fa72e89.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

53 minutes ago, ole gray said:

@Ben Joest When do you get to be a 20-handicap bossman? 

I think you’re missing the decimal point, it should be 2.0 😂

WITB:

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

14 minutes ago, Ben Joest said:

I think you’re missing the decimal point, it should be 2.0 😂

Think you may want to review your signature information?

Sure looks like a 20 here

BJ.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

I think you’re missing the decimal point, it should be 2.0

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJ.jpg.054bc5de4312e1722a58ff7bbb41ff4a.jpg

Thank ya

Cleveland

7 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

BJ.jpg

You’re right. Not sure where the decimal went, but since I was in there I updated it to reflect my current GHIN of 1.4

WITB:

You’re right. Not sure where the decimal went, but since I was in there I updated it to reflect my current GHIN of 1.4

Cleveland

After a stressful week of unwinding my affairs in VA I am back in NY and started the new job today. Going to take a bit of getting used to going back to a more traditional job…I only have to work 2.5 days this week and actually get the holiday off. I will say it was nice to not have to drive to an office today and as a plus I had my pup as my admin for the day. Kind of not qualified for the job but was fun to hang out with for a few hours. 

A bit of a serious question for anyone that has gone to remote work. How do you keep yourself from going stir crazy?  I have never not had an office outside of my home to go to on a daily basis and on day one I needed to get outside and get some fresh air a few times just to get away from my desk. 

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

35 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

A bit of a serious question for anyone that has gone to remote work. How do you keep yourself from going stir crazy?  I have never not had an office outside of my home to go to on a daily basis and on day one I needed to get outside and get some fresh air a few times just to get away from my desk. 

It's tough.  I much prefer to be in the office with coworkers to interact with.  Like you, I get up occasionally and walk outside.   The bigger problem is how easy it is to get to the refrigerator and snacks 😀

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

After a stressful week of unwinding my affairs in VA I am back in NY and started the new job today. Going to take a bit of getting used to going back to a more traditional job…I only have to work 2.5 days this week and actually get the holiday off. I will say it was nice to not have to drive to an office today and as a plus I had my pup as my admin for the day. Kind of not qualified for the job but was fun to hang out with for a few hours. 

25 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It's tough.  I much prefer to be in the office with coworkers to interact with.  Like you, I get up occasionally and walk outside.   The bigger problem is how easy it is to get to the refrigerator and snacks 😀

I agree with @cnosil except I don't worry too much about getting the snacks.

I only had to work remote full time for about 5 weeks when the pandemic first hit, then I was classified as "essential" so I was able to go back into my work facility.

The best part of my job is it is 50% hands on looking at parts and performing testing and analysis, and the other 50% is data analysis or making presentations to show my findings both internally and to the respective customers.

Currently we are on a "hybrid" schedule where people are supposed to come in 3 days per week, but that is not strongly enforced, and the most challenging part of my job is those "not working from home" doing their part so I can complete my responsibilities.

I do go in at least 4 days a week, more often than not all 5 days, as I do believe that the human interaction element is required.

When I do have to work remote, I set up an "office" in the basement, so as to avoid any distractions from SWMBO and the dog while i am working. I do also take breaks, where I go outside and walk around just to get some exercise and fresh air.

10 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I'm hoping to leave where I am and go to a 95% remote job in the next 6 months or so.

If I do, I'll set up the sim in the garage every morning so I can go and hit some balls for 10 minutes or so at a time.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was leaving work today and cut the corner of the road turning out of the plant when I ran off the road (it was a sizeable mud puddle) and had my car violently bounce on me. I checked and the tire warning light was not on. I got about a quarter mile from the plant and there it was. 

I called the wife and drive back to the parking lot. I was going to change to the spare but the lug wrench is all of 8 inches long. I don't think I can get them tight enough to stay on for the 30 mile drive home. So I left the car sitting there and packed up a lug wrench I have here.

I'm going to change it out tomorrow and have a new identical tire ordered for install Monday. None of the local retailers have it in stock.

We had to stop at Tractor Supply to pick up stomach meds for our dog and noticed a Blackstone for sale. Well, they didn't have the meds at the store we stopped at so we had to drive to the one closet to the house. They also had the griddle at the same price, so we picked it up. 

Now I've got to assemble a griddle, the dog is doing better, and the wait is on for a new tire.

What a day. 

That is quite a day Jason.  Important to note, no injuries sustained, no unrecoverable damage incurred, everything fell into place with time available.  Obstacles and challenge, both managed and will be overcome.  Lots of blessings there and impressive how you handled the day and captured it for our vicarious participation.

I am glad to say that my day by comparison was uneventful and boring.  Went to work, where there were no insurmountable issues.  Stopped for a fillup on the way home and dropped off an envelope at the Post Office for need of postage then home, nothing significant to report.  An errand run, Corgis fed their dinner, wife provided dinner, dishes washed, time to catch up on forum and online things, no comparable challenge or obstacle to yours my friend for which I am thankful as it is not always the case.

My hope and wish for you is rest, recovery, and re-energizing for tomorrow and the coming days until tire is mounted.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family my friend 🦃

Edited by EasyPutter

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Drive:callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

7 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

That is quite a day Jason.  Important to note, no injuries sustained, no unrecoverable damage incurred, everything fell into place with time available.  Obstacles and challenge, both managed and will be overcome.  Lots of blessings there and impressive how you handled the day and captured it for our vicarious participation.

I am glad to say that my day by comparison was uneventful and boring.  Went to work, where there were no insurmountable issues.  Stopped for a fillup on the way home and dropped off an envelope at the Post Office for need of postage then home, nothing significant to report.  An errand run, Corgis fed their dinner, wife provided dinner, dishes washed, time to catch up on forum and online things, no comparable challenge or obstacle to yours my friend for which I am thankful as it is not always the case.

My hope and wish for you is rest, recovery, and re-energizing for tomorrow and the coming days until tire is mounted.  Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family my friend 🦃

Thank you, Derek! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Yesterday was an eventful day and I'm glad it ended well. Like you said, there was no injuries to speak of and I now have an entertaining story to tell. 

Take care and enjoy the holiday, my friend.

16 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

Important to note, no injuries sustained, no unrecoverable damage incurred, everything fell into place with time available.  Obstacles and challenge, both managed and will be overcome.  Lots of blessings there and impressive how you handled the day

Brilliant... very eloquent and great life wisdom, Sir!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I was able to get my tire installed today after getting a message that it had arrived at the store. I had to spend about an hour there since they fit me in since my appointment wasn't until Friday. I know he's not on here but I have to give a shout out to my friend Jimmy who sat with me in the parking lot as I took off my old tire and replaced it with the spare. It was good having someone there in case something went wrong. He's the kind of friend you're thankful to have. 

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was able to get my tire installed today after getting a message that it had arrived at the store. I had to spend about an hour there since they fit me in since my appointment wasn't until Friday. I know he's not on here but I have to give a shout out to my friend Jimmy who sat with me in the parking lot as I took off my old tire and replaced it with the spare. It was good having someone there in case something went wrong. He's the kind of friend you're thankful to have. 

Perfect Thanksgiving story!  Glad you got it taken care of early and back rolling. 

On 11/22/2023 at 7:08 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Did you have a Happy Ending? Awww hell, you said message, not massage........ 😉

Cleveland

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

At lunch today I reached into my bag to pull out the sandwich I made last night only to pull out a identical container with an orange looking substance instead of a baggie with ham and cheese. I couldn't recall having any leftovers that looked like that and got a little worried.

Fortunately, we have a hot bar in one of the break areas so I went over and picked up a couple of hot dogs. 

As far as what I brought, it was canned pumpkin that we have been using in a mix we have been feeding the dog. She had an upset stomach and my wife had had her in a bland diet of chicken, rice, and pumpkin. 

I get home and you know what my wife tells me we're doing for dinner? Hot dogs.

Good thing that you had a backup plan for lunch!

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Just now, ParFore74x said:

Good thing that you had a backup plan for lunch!

You ain't kidding, I don't think the canned pumpkin would have tasted all that good. My dog might like it, but she'll occasionally raid the litter box so I don't trust her palette. 

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

At lunch today I reached into my bag to pull out the sandwich I made last night only to pull out a identical container with an orange looking substance instead of a baggie with ham and cheese. I couldn't recall having any leftovers that looked like that and got a little worried.

Fortunately, we have a hot bar in one of the break areas so I went over and picked up a couple of hot dogs. 

As far as what I brought, it was canned pumpkin that we have been using in a mix we have been feeding the dog. She had an upset stomach and my wife had had her in a bland diet of chicken, rice, and pumpkin. 

I get home and you know what my wife tells me we're doing for dinner? Hot dogs.

All you had to do was add some chili to the dogs and whole new meal. Ha

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

With the weather cooling off, that's a good reminder that I need to make some chili. 

OK, now I have to make some chili... southwestern style with lots of green chilis.  I'm tired of turkey anyway.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”