Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Best round with a OMG shot, what was the shot?

Reesedw

Playing league. we are heckling each other on the 1st tee as that and the end is about the only time we get the chance.. Step up to the tee, and I get the gratuitous " Show us the way" comment.. I swing away, I here the crack of the contact and proceed to watch the ball hit 6" in front of the tee and proceed to bounce Backwards 3 feet...  Holy Sh!p I lost ground and the only thing I hit was dirt, How does that happen.... 

Needless to say I got RIPPED apart.. Now I'm flustered, break out 3 wood, smack it out to the fairway.. Embarrassed is an understatement.. 

Played a solid round, I think.. get back to the clubhouse, add up scores.. and OMG i shot a 82... I knew I was playing well but not that well.. Hands down won all my points that day.. Since we were the 1st out, we were the first done.. I did get revenge sorta, as everyone came in I got the "So how did that round go for ya" comments to which I got state and ask :"got and 82 and you??" typical response not that well..  

It was a good day.. Any others???

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

IMG_4906.JPG

This hole is the #1 handicap hole. I duck hooked the tee shot probably the worst I've ever done. Somehow I got lucky and it ran up a service path that splits some tall fescue that comes up to my waist. The lie was bare but clean. I just had to get it up quick so I knocked a 6i over trees to get back in the fairway then stuck a 55y shot within 2 feet and made the putt for an unlikely par.

This was part of a 39 for 9 holes. I (somehow) played the same ball all the way.

Thanks ProV1!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Two come to mind.  First was at Twin Lakes "The Lakes Course" number 6.  This is a 165 yard par 3 with a bunker protecting the right front of the green.  The group I played with would play 3 six hole "Team" matches based on handicaps, and stableford score for the team (bogie worth 1, Par worth 2 Birdie worth 3 Eagle worth 4 etc)

My partner and I are down by 6 points going into the last hole of this 6-hole match and I say to him "All we need to do is ace both of our shots and we can win this match!!!"   We all chuckle and I get up to make my shot.  Wind is blowing at about 10 MPH directly into us on this cool Saturday morning, rain threatening, and not many other folks on the course-  I stripe a 5 iron which bores thru the wind and lands behind the lip of the bunker out of our collective site, but on line with the flag.  One of our opponents says to me - "I think that went in..." I was not sure, but knew that I hit it well- I turn to my partner and say "OK, your turn" we laugh again, he proceeds to drop it in the trap on the front of the green.  As we walk up, sure enough, my ball is in the hole! for my one and only Ace so far in my career! - needless to say we did not win that match and I still rib my buddy about it to this day, and I was lucky, as there were no other players in the clubhouse when we got there, so the round was not all that expensive!!!

Second is on the Makai Golf Course at Princeville, Kauai, Ha'waii.  My wife and I were married on Kauai, and have returned there on several occasions to vacation.  one particular time I was playing the Makai course, alone in the afternoon, and I hit a career drive on a par 5 (From the looks of it, it must have been 18, although I don't recall it being the last hole)... anyway had a long (220+) shot to the green, across water to a tough back pin placement (meaning had to carry all water to get it there)  Of course, this being Ha'waii in the afternoon there is wind, and I had not been playing that well, so thought what the heck, and striped my hybrid to about 4 feet for an almost kick-in eagle- shame nobody else was around to see it- but still one of the best back to back driver- hybrids I have ever put together - and that was probably 20 years ago...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Yesterday, on the first tee, with everyone watching, I topped my tee shot into a little hazard 20 yards in front of the tee box. So, so embarrasing, to say the least. Ended up shooting 80 with a triple on 15, even though my tee shot left me 115 to the pin.

Also, the other day, I snap hooked my tee shot way, way right on 1 (again, with everyone watching, of course). Rolled up against the OB fence and had to take an unplayable. From there, I was looking at about 140 to the green with about 140 trees in my way. Hit a great punch shot and rolled up to about 7 feet and made the putt. Hands down best par ever...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Maybe month ago, I was on a par 3, long"ish" at 215yds. Pulled a 6i since the flag was up and... shanked my ball straight right, it ricocheted off a tree and landed right between the next tee markers up (whites). Take two, I drop a club, hit my 7i, slightly fat, put it in the bunker front right of the green. 

I get up there and it doesn't look good, I have to carry about 15 yards of bunker and then the flag was only 5' off the edge of the green. Not sure how I'm going to stop this thing. Open my club face way up, hit the living piss out of the ball, it lands a foot left of the pin, spins hard and kicks a foot right into the hole. That's a 3, thank you.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

Yesterday, on the first tee, with everyone watching, I topped my tee shot into a little hazard 20 yards in front of the tee box. So, so embarrasing, to say the least. Ended up shooting 80 with a triple on 15, even though my tee shot left me 115 to the pin.

Also, the other day, I snap hooked my tee shot way, way right on 1 (again, with everyone watching, of course). Rolled up against the OB fence and had to take an unplayable. From there, I was looking at about 140 to the green with about 140 trees in my way. Hit a great punch shot and rolled up to about 7 feet and made the putt. Hands down best par ever...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

red staked ob? Don't see that here.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Not a best round... but my best shot ever was a OMG WTF was that, right into the cup for an Ace on a short Par 4. Other than that I was playing horrible. And come to think of it my second HiO was a thinned 52° wedge that had no business going in the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

As a college kid I was in a local tournament. The first hole was a little no par five, dogleg left, fairway sloping left. My "draw" with balata and persimmon had lots of trouble staying in the fairway and the woods were very bad news.

So I teed off far left behind the tee marker, came over the top, hit the marker and the last that I saw of my ball it was bounding out the exit on the road out of town behind us. I made triple but rebounded to shoot 73 and finish 3rd.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had one of the better rounds of my life last week. Shot a 3 over 74 by going 1 under on the front and 4 over on the back. On the 2nd hole I hooked my driver some 30 yards left of my target into a field of tall grass. Found the ball and somehow stuck a PW 15 feet from the pin. IMG_0601.PNG

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2

Years ago I turned up extremely hung over for my Saturday game. I played with a group of about 30. The worst score for the day had to buy a bowl of fries for each group and wear a jesters hat. Winner picked up about $100, plus $1 from most players.

I'd never had to buy the fries.

First tee shot basically fell off the tee, I had to pull the tee out to play my second, which I proceeded to top about 10 yards. Meanwhile 30 people are nearly falling over laughing. Hit my 5th shot on the opening par 5 about 40 feet past the hole, above a 6 feet step in the green. Somehow the putt dropped despite traveling fast enough to go off the front of the green.

Managed to get around playing to my handicap, needless to say there were a lot of disappointed guys who had to hand over a dollar.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Last Saturday in monthly medal. Had parred first 3 holes which have a combined stroke average of 3.6 over par. Got to 4th a long par 5 around a water hole. Hit my drive which carried over the water but didn't get out of the hazard and rolled back into the water. so re teed and did the same! Got the 3rd one in play and proceeded to make a solid 11. After much intense ribbing by my playing partners we get to the end and tally up the scores and I shot a respectable 87 off stick (16 over) and won our group. To make it worse, we had a guy in our group who had never played the course. We had $10 on the game as a aggregate stroke (I drew the new guy) we ended up winning by 7 strokes. Winners are grinners.

Made a birdie yesterday on #8 with a wedge holed from 127 yards. Blew my tee ball dead right into the trees and deep enough that getting it out sideways was challenging. Got a stance and chipped a 7 iron out to the right side of the fairway which was the shot of the hole. Hit a knockdown PW from 127 onto the backstop behind the pin and spun it in for a 3. Forgot to mention that the hole is the number 2 handicap hole on the course but playing a little easier than that with the tail wind. Into the wind it is a bear of a par 4.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Archived