Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

Morning everyone-

I am done with golf for the year.  Taking a break from the forum as well.  My right shoulder as I mentioned before is toast.  I confirmed this last night trying to throw a ball to my kids.  Haven’t swing a club in a while.  I will check in periodically, but I go see the doc on the 1st, and I can’t imagine that it is just going to fix itself.

I hope everyone enjoys their golf seasons.

Take care.

- Shankster 

24 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Morning everyone-

I am done with golf for the year.  Taking a break from the forum as well.  My right shoulder as I mentioned before is toast.  I confirmed this last night trying to throw a ball to my kids.  Haven’t swing a club in a while.  I will check in periodically, but I go see the doc on the 1st, and I can’t imagine that it is just going to fix itself.

Take care.

- Shankster 

Heal up Alan

34 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Morning everyone-

Take care.

- Shankster 

Take care Shank!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

29 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Morning everyone-

Take care.

- Shankster 

I tore my left rotator cuff twice and my right one once. I was able to heal up without surgery. Physical therapy was all I needed. I went once or twice and they gave me exercises and streatches. Then I did them myself every day, two to three times a day. No joke it takes about 4 weeks to heal and almost a year to break down the scar tissue to get full mobility.

I assume you can't hold a soup can straight out in front of you. See your doctor first. Rest the shoulder for a month then start your therapy.  My tears didn't effect the golf swing. Different motions. 

Hope it all works out for you.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

2 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I tore my left rotator cuff twice and my right one once. I was able to heal up without surgery. Physical therapy was all I needed. I went once or twice and they gave me exercises and streatches. Then I did them myself every day, two to three times a day. No joke it takes about 4 weeks to heal and almost a year to break down the scar tissue to get full mobility.

I assume you can't hold a soup can straight out in front of you. See your doctor first. Rest the shoulder for a month then start your therapy.  My tears didn't effect the golf swing. Different motions. 

Hope it all works out for you.

Only overhead motions, like throwing, and golf swing follow through doesn’t feel too good.  It’s been going on for a while, just got real bad within the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Morning everyone-

Take care.

- Shankster 

I hope the time off helps you out and you can get back to it sooner than later. Heal up. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Morning everyone-

Take care.

- Shankster 

Take some time, get fixed and heal up!!

Please don’t try and rush anything.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

44 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Take some time, get fixed and heal up!!

Please don’t try and rush anything.

I’ll be working on my chess game for the time being.  Putting is ok, so maybe I’ll put some practice in there.  

I learned my lesson with the other shoulder tried to golf way too early, not rushing anything for my dominant arm.

38 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ll be working on my chess game for the time being.  Putting is ok, so maybe I’ll put some practice in there.  

I learned my lesson with the other shoulder tried to golf way too early, not rushing anything for my dominant arm.

I still can’t find that chess book Alan sorry

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Morning everyone-

Take care.

- Shankster 

I hope nothing but the best for you, Alan, as you work through getting your shoulder better. Hopefully some time off and therapy will get you back to normal. Please keep us informed on how you're doing and let us know what the doctor says. Take care of yourself. 

Continuing to battle golfers elbow…I play and practice pain free during the round, with a compression sleeve on, but post-round when the sleeve comes off I definitely still feel little twinges.  The shaft swap has definitely helped.  However, my oldest is in the middle of flag football, and his baseball practices for next season have already started, and I’m an assistant coach for both, so I’m back to a lot of ball throwing.

In addition, I’d like to work on hand and forearm strength during the upcoming offseason in addition to my regular workout routines.  Picked up one of these the other day:

FC7B7D13-E487-4F61-8814-F6D13B565E4D.png.4d8279df201620277d83a2179b1716b1.png

I’ll have to ease into it and be attentive to how it’s impacting this injury, but I’m optimistic it will have a strong rehab and strengthening effect.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

• 3 weeks later...

I've been down, golf wise, for the last couple of days with pain in my lower back. We turned the mattress on our bed and it obviously didn't agree with me. I love getting older. Get out of bed...injured. It's been getting better but I'm holding out until the weekend before I swing a club. 

6 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've been down, golf wise, for the last couple of days with pain in my lower back. We turned the mattress on our bed and it obviously didn't agree with me. I love getting older. Get out of bed...injured. It's been getting better but I'm holding out until the weekend before I swing a club. 

Rest up, take it easy and maybe turn the bed back!

Rick

Left Hand, 

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It may sound counterintuitive but the more you move the better it is for your back. Sitting still just tightens things up trust me my back is a mess and I’m young. 

18 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Rest up, take it easy and maybe turn the bed back!

I've thought about sneaking in there and doing just that while the wife ain't looking.

15 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It may sound counterintuitive but the more you move the better it is for your back. Sitting still just tightens things up trust me my back is a mess and I’m young. 

It does seem to help, work has kept me moving and helped to loosen me up. It was rough Monday and Tuesday, but today was pretty good. Hopefully things will be back to normal this weekend. 

11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just wait until you get older...I have to sneeze, oh, there goes the back again.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 9/22/2021 at 6:20 AM, Getoffmylawn said:

Continuing to battle golfers elbow…I play and practice pain free during the round, with a compression sleeve on, but post-round when the sleeve comes off I definitely still feel little twinges.  The shaft swap has definitely helped.  However, my oldest is in the middle of flag football, and his baseball practices for next season have already started, and I’m an assistant coach for both, so I’m back to a lot of ball throwing.

In addition, I’d like to work on hand and forearm strength during the upcoming offseason in addition to my regular workout routines.  Picked up one of these the other day:

FC7B7D13-E487-4F61-8814-F6D13B565E4D.png.4d8279df201620277d83a2179b1716b1.png

I’ll have to ease into it and be attentive to how it’s impacting this injury, but I’m optimistic it will have a strong rehab and strengthening effect.

fill a 5 gallon bucket with rice and sit it next to your favorite tv watching seat

start from the top and work your hand to the bottom by twisting it around, then work it back to the top by opening and closing your hand. 

i used to do that when i was playing ball. it makes your hands, wrists, and forearms extremely strong. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Just wait until you get older...I have to sneeze, oh, there goes the back again.

Or when you get older...  I have to sneeze, oh, peed my pants.  😳

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Went to Orthopedic Knee Doc this week and looked at latest XRays 😱
Oh Boy, I knew it was bad but not that bad!  Scheduling surgery beginning of next year.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Went to Orthopedic Knee Doc this week and looked at latest XRays 😱
Oh Boy, I knew it was bad but not that bad!  Scheduling surgery beginning of next year.  

Told ya... git 'er done!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Told ya... git 'er done!!

Yup, It’s time.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 4 weeks later...

Back still not healed. Gonna take at least a week of no fit for golf or swing speed training to let it heal. Hurts to sleep even. Then need to reaccess my workout regimen. Probably just swing speed stuff. Then back to fit for golf. 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Small 1/4 swings in garage just to move. Back a little stiff but not bad. Getting there. Hopefully able to get to a range next week

My Reviews:

Seems I have a carpal tunnel issue in my right wrist. It's been hurting for a while but go worse over the weekend. I'm off to the pharmacy after work to get a wrist brace.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

24 minutes ago, MattF said:

Seems I have a carpal tunnel issue in my right wrist. It's been hurting for a while but go worse over the weekend. I'm off to the pharmacy after work to get a wrist brace.

Also try some CBD ointment on it.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

After months of testing, the Ortho dr documented my painful fingers with osteoarthritis and bilateral carpal tunnel.  Can’t really  do anything about the fingers, but 6 weeks of Occupational Therapy have me with virtually no pain in my fingers and wrists.  I have not been without painful fingers in over 10 years!  Have daily exercises to stretch the tendons that travel thru my wrists and it is working!

Meanwhile, two rounds of steroid injections to my L1, L2 & L5 and most of the deadening pain in my right leg is gone(auto accident July 15).

Next up will be right shoulder scope to repair Supra spin at us muscle in the rotator cup….prob January.

Not really worrying about my golf game right now, it has been pretty horrible since the auto accident, but I know better days will be ahead….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

had neck pain for a bit now went to the Dr and got some xrays, told me I have arthritis in my E4-E5, E5-E6, and E6-E7. They say it looks natural in the aging process then said I am kind of young I am 37, but said if I played a lot of sports growing up it would make sense. I said okay what should I do .. he said I can take Advil and if it gets worse I can see a specialist ... might see a chiropractor too seems like that can help...so I guess my month plus off from golf has come to an end and I will start swinging them again if my neck allows it. 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:12 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Alan, get it fixed and you’ll bounce back better than ever….

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Good grief, miss staying current on this thread for a couple weeks and it reads like Monday morning's NFL injury report 😬. Speedy recovery to the lot of you.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)