Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

17 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Been having a lot of foot issues lately, I am pretty much out of commission since its pretty hard to walk. Started with my right foot but that quickly got better, but then my left foot started hurting real bad. Its the ball of my left foot, its painful to out pressure on it and even more so to take pressure off of it. now its swelling too ugh Motrin and Tylenol +ice aren't really making a dent in the pain.

Might have to go back to the podiatrist... 

Plantar fasciitis?  Get it checked see what’s going on, you’re too young to be layed up.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Plantar fasciitis?  Get it checked see what’s going on, you’re too young to be layed up.

I don't think its plantar, that's usually heel pain. This is under the ball of my foot, specifically under the 2nd and 3rd toe knuckles. Those two are the ones that are really swollen, I am hoping that its not a stress fracture but I most likely will be going to my podiatrist... Mostly because SWMBO is "gently" reminding me lol

I have known that I have flat feet since high school, that was the first time I really had any foot problems. I remember that first time it hit me, felt like my feet were being torn apart right across the arch. Once I met my Wife she really got me into trying to take care of my feet more, when I met her she worked in a podiatrist office as a physicians assistant. My feet only act up once in a blue moon nowadays, but when they do whoo boy I can't hardly walk. 

Foot pain is rough.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

12 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I don't think its plantar, that's usually heel pain. This is under the ball of my foot, specifically under the 2nd and 3rd toe knuckles. Those two are the ones that are really swollen, I am hoping that its not a stress fracture but I most likely will be going to my podiatrist... Mostly because SWMBO is "gently" reminding me lol

I have known that I have flat feet since high school, that was the first time I really had any foot problems. I remember that first time it hit me, felt like my feet were being torn apart right across the arch. Once I met my Wife she really got me into trying to take care of my feet more, when I met her worked in a podiatrist office as a physicians assistant. My feet only act up once in a blue moon nowadays, but when they do whoo boy I can't hardly walk. 

Foot pain is rough.

Yes Foot pain can be rough, SWMBO is right get it checked.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

My back has been a mess for a few weeks with it getting better but I noticed that my hip on one side is pushed forward and cannot get it back into place it is causing me some wicked pains when working out and made my leg lock up on my CPAT yesterday.

Oh boy not good.  You know more than anyone what you need to do. Take care of yourself.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Went to Orthopedic Doc this morning for my 3 month oil change on my knee replacement.  He was really happy with my progress.  I’m OK to do anything I want within reason of course but limit golf to 9 holes for a while yet.  
Got him talking about his Bob Marley Tribute band that he leads all proceeds go to Charity. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

My back has been a mess for a few weeks with it getting better but I noticed that my hip on one side is pushed forward and cannot get it back into place it is causing me some wicked pains when working out and made my leg lock up on my CPAT yesterday.

My hips have a tendency to stupid things too. A trip to my chiropractor sorts it out.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just got back from the podiatrist, and he seems to think that I either have a stress fracture or gout... Ugh

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

1 hour ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Just got back from the podiatrist, and he seems to think that I either have a stress fracture or gout... Ugh

Sad to hear.  I'd almost rather have a stress fracture; it will heal.  Did the doc do a blood test for uric acid?  I've had gout (big toe) and it's not fun!  It runs in my family.  It's been many years since it's flared up, but I take meds every day so I don't get it.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Sad to hear.  I'd almost rather have a stress fracture; it will heal.  Did the doc do a blood test for uric acid?  I've had gout (big toe) and it's not fun!  It runs in my family.  It's been many years since it's flared up, but I take meds every day so I don't get it.  

I may be biased because I feel the same way but I'm leaning towards it being the stress fracture; the big toe is most common for (foot) gout, the redness and pain are localized to under the foot of the 2nd and 3rd knuckles as opposed to including the surrounding area and the redness and pain don't seem to be as bad as what I have seen in my minimal research. I do not know of any family history but I do need to talk to my parents as well as my grandparents (Mimi and Namaw). 

He didn't do blood work as he said it would most likely come back normal at the stage I am in. So he gave me a shot, wrapped it up and I am going back in after 10 days.

15 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Problem is finding a good one is hard

You're right. I was fortunate to have my guy buy the practice from my original guy.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

I may be biased because I feel the same way but I'm leaning towards it being the stress fracture; the big toe is most common for (foot) gout, the redness and pain are localized to under the foot of the 2nd and 3rd knuckles as opposed to including the surrounding area and the redness and pain don't seem to be as bad as what I have seen in my minimal research. I do not know of any family history but I do need to talk to my parents as well as my grandparents (Mimi and Namaw). 

He didn't do blood work as he said it would most likely come back normal at the stage I am in. So he gave me a shot, wrapped it up and I am going back in after 10 days.

So at my podiatrist appointment, I let him know that the pain is mostly gone but there is still some stiffness and local swelling. He took more xrays,  saw no stress fractures and was still leaning towards gout. As I said before, I am skeptical of it being gout (as it is not presenting as typical gout of the feet i.e. the big toe knuckle with lots of redness, selling and intense pain plus no family history that I know of) and am wondering if I could have overstrained it just not to the point of fracture. 

He ended up giving me another shot, told me to come back as needed and if it still persists then he will probably do bloodwork for the uric acid. All in all, I am considering myself off the injured list while still trying to be careful to not make it worse.

23 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

So at my podiatrist appointment, I let him know that the pain is mostly gone but there is still some stiffness and local swelling. He took more xrays,  saw no stress fractures and was still leaning towards gout. As I said before, I am skeptical of it being gout (as it is not presenting as typical gout of the feet i.e. the big toe knuckle with lots of redness, selling and intense pain plus no family history that I know of) and am wondering if I could have overstrained it just not to the point of fracture. 

He ended up giving me another shot, told me to come back as needed and if it still persists then he will probably do bloodwork for the uric acid. All in all, I am considering myself off the injured list while still trying to be careful to not make it worse.

Glad to hear that the pain is better; it was one of the worst pain experiences ever for me.

Certain foods can also trigger gout.  Unfortunately, that's shellfish, red meat and beer.  I know... I know... right??  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Glad to hear that the pain is better; it was one of the worst pain experiences ever for me.

Certain foods can also trigger gout.  Unfortunately, that's shellfish, red meat and beer.  I know... I know... right??  

wait... no red meat...

Gouts not THAT bad right? LMAO 😆

47 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

wait... no red meat...

Gouts not THAT bad right? LMAO 😆

Yes, it IS that bad, I once decided not to play at Dormie Club because my gout was so severe!  Besides, high uric acid can be bad for your ticker too.  Fortunately they have medications that can control high uric acid, which also controls gout.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Deviated Septum repair surgery tomorrow morning. Two weeks of doing nothing following. I hope it goes smoothly. I have been waiting for 3 years to get it done.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

2 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Deviated Septum repair surgery tomorrow morning. Two weeks of doing nothing following. I hope it goes smoothly. I have been waiting for 3 years to get it done.

Best of luck to you. I hope your surgery and recovery go well and that you'll be back to swinging a club in no time.

13 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Good luck tomorrow!!  I had that surgery 40+ years ago all went well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

Good luck tomorrow!!  I had that surgery 40+ years ago all went well.

that is very refreshing! it should for me too unless golf turns into a contact sport or my 3 year old reverses her understanding of life and starts hitting me in the face again.

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Back home and recovering. Flowers smell sweeter, or at least saltier with the blood. 

0C9FAE23-5EDB-4F88-88D0-AB112856688C.jpeg

My Reviews:

• 4 months later...

PSA to all those house owners. Always double check your ladder setup 🤦‍♂️Apparentky I thought I knew better reminiscent of @BIG STUa few years back 9E103888-321A-4115-BC42-3D3185701770.jpeg.2a1197185c02a7a499663c38fef27376.jpeg6E10D7DE-AEFF-4459-B097-FDBEBC2C1ED8.jpeg.8e17764172c9a2573f463f02e1ef6020.jpeg

Was taking Christmas light down today, knew I had the ladder to far out. Got to the top and sure enough top slid down right off.

luckily I was setup over a bush that broke a little bit of the fall. Got away with a couple bumps and bruises. If it was gold season I could still play but it’s not so plenty of time to recover. 

Hell of a ride down! Shin got the brunt of it, going to be a good bruise.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

PSA to all those house owners. Always double check your ladder setup 🤦‍♂️Apparentky I thought I knew better reminiscent of @BIG STUa few years back 9E103888-321A-4115-BC42-3D3185701770.jpeg.2a1197185c02a7a499663c38fef27376.jpeg6E10D7DE-AEFF-4459-B097-FDBEBC2C1ED8.jpeg.8e17764172c9a2573f463f02e1ef6020.jpeg

Was taking Christmas light down today, knew I had the ladder to far out. Got to the top and sure enough top slid down right off.

luckily I was setup over a bush that broke a little bit of the fall. Got away with a couple bumps and bruises. If it was gold season I could still play but it’s not so plenty of time to recover. 

Hell of a ride down! Shin got the brunt of it, going to be a good bruise.

Thankfully You’re OK!!  Ladder falls can be really nasty.

SWMBO will not let me on a ladder over 5’ (that she knows about). 

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Was totally my fault to I knew I should have adjust it, stubborn is stupid 🤦‍♂️

good 15’ fall straight down, if it weren’t for the bush would have been worse

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Was totally my fault to I knew I should have adjust it, stubborn is stupid 🤦‍♂️

good 15’ fall straight down, if it weren’t for the bush would have been worse

I’ve always felt that shrubs and bushes were placed around the house to save our butts when we fall off of ladders.   

Rick

Left Hand, 

50 minutes ago, Rickp said:

DA. I hate when I do stupid things, especially when you know better. 

4-PW and UW Ping G710

Ping Glide 54 degree wedge

1,3,5 Taylor-Made Titanium bubble shafts (24years)

Top-Flite Gamer Putter

17 minutes ago, Placasse61 said:

DA. I hate when I do stupid things, especially when you know better. 

Yup, it’s in our DNA…..

Rick

Left Hand,