Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Bridgestone Review

goaliewales14

I was able to test some of Bridgestone's TourB line yesterday.  I have to say I was very impressed with the entire line-up!  I tested the XD-5 driver, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, and X-CB irons.  The one that impressed me the most was the 4 hybrid.  I was hitting a KBS Tour Prototype 85 X shaft.  Yes it is an upgraded shaft, but the first time I saw it, I had to hit it.  It matched my swing so well.  The hybrid itself had an amazing sound to it.  It wasn't loud at all.  Just a nice crisp sound.  The ball flight was great!  No problem getting the ball in the air at all.  It was actually the one I kept coming back to just to hit.  I felt like I just couldn't miss with it.  I was hitting it against my Titleist 816 H1 with a Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 shaft.  That has been my baby since I put it in the bag about a year ago, but I would definitely say the Bridgestone took that battle!

The X-CB irons were probably my next favorite.  Granted, my handicap is way too high to game these, but I was able to get in a lot of great golf shots.  They felt like butter going through the shot.  You could tell when you mishit one, but it didn't feel as harsh as some other irons in this category.  I also didn't feel like you were punished as much in terms of distance either.  I've hit Bridgestone irons before, so I wasn't shocked at the quality, or feel.  

If anyone is looking for help getting the ball in the air and getting great distance, try the JGR irons.  The CB ones are new for this year, so I haven't had a change to experience those, but I did hit the hybrid forged irons.  They are definitely in the max game improvement category, but they are forged!  They feel amazing.  We would have driving range games with them for distance.  I normally hit my Srixon Z545 8 iron 160 yards.  This 8 iron I was hitting 200 yards, and no that was not a thin shot.  You could go get coffee by the time this thing comes down, and with it being forged they feel amazing.  You just have to get over the looks, but I think the CB's will fix that.

The 5 wood felt good to hit.  The sound was amazing like the hybrid, and I was almost seeing the distance like a 3 wood.  The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the crown.  There was a matte gun metal finish, but there was no alignment aid.  When you get into woods, I like to see that aid.  Seemed easy to hit, but the crown was killer for me.

The driver I would put the exact same comments as the 5 wood.  There is a weight in the front and the back of the head for adjustability.  The back weight  sets up for a draw basis.  Again, the main downfall for me is the crown.

Overall, if you haven't tried Bridgestone clubs, you need to do it!!  The quality is amazing.  They aren't one of the "main" brands, but they can definitely compete/bet them.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Archived