GolfSpy Stroker

El Tigre is BACK !

I've read some, not-so-nice comments about his new swing, but I think his tempo and balance look great!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What not so nice comments? Just wondering.

MDGolfHacker

Not sure about you but I haven't been this excited to watch a golf tournament early in the season for a long time. Really happy to have Tiger back in the mix.

How do you think he'll do this week? Make/miss the cut? Top 10? WIN IT ALL !?!?!

make cut finish top 30

Bags

I'm going to go with make the cut, finish in the top half of the weekend (top 35ish), but not threatening the lead. Torrey is doubtless a different animal altogether than the course in the Bahamas, but just on a skill-and-scoring basis, Tiger showed that he can still easily hang with the top-ranked players in the world.

Tiger knows that course like the back of his hand - made cut top 30 finish

Bags

• Like 1

This is a tough one, Tiger has won here many times, so he knows the course, he did play well earlier in Hawaii, and his game looked to be decent. Torrey Pines is a tough track and if you miss fairways it can be really tough. I expect him to probably make the cut, but might not fair to well on the weekend with what should be tougher course conditions. I would think top 35 maybe. With this being his first real test on the tour it will be interesting to see how his physical game holds up, as well as his mental game. I'm not a Tiger fan in any way shape or form, but he has worked hard to get back out there, so if he plays well, good for him. If he doesn't, good for us.

• Like 1

I am hoping for competitive rounds, made cut, but keeping my expectations low. Tough course to come back on. Are there any waffle houses near Torrey? That could sway my expectations...

C'mon now... it was a Perkins. Get your story straight.

I've been a huge fan of Tiger the player, and as big a critic of Tiger the person. That said, he seems like he's changed, and so I'll at least be rooting for him to stay injury free and see what he can do. I think I'm in the camp with a lot of y'all: makes the cut reasonably, doesn't really contend. Middle of the pack. I'd personally think that would be a really successful tournament after almost three years of not playing regularly.

What not so nice comments? Just wondering.

MDGolfHacker

Real popular one was how ugly his swing looked and that it looked like an old mans swing.

I think course etiquette should extend to online comments, I mean I wouldn't say anything about other players Golf swing on the course etc., but that's wishful thinking

• Like 1

I think it comes down to conditions. If the weather is helpful low wind things like that I think he does well. If the weather makes conditions tough he will have more trouble than the other players because he hasn't been in that setting. Basically just like the hero. Plays well on calm weather days and worse than most on rough weather days.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Not sure about you fellas, but from my view here in Michigan. He looks to be in good form.

• Like 3

I loved the shot on 16.

I went to visit a shut in earlier and waited with him to watch Tiger play a few holes together.

Dying people will get out of bed to watch him play. That's how Tiger moves the needle.

• Like 9

Man I tell ya! I was in the MRI waiting room earlier and there was an 80 year old woman in there, talking to her son about how Tiger Woods was playing today... and how she thinks he will win the Masters. And “these young kids got nothing on Tiger” Good conversation.

• Like 3

72 on the longer, more difficult track. Missed a short putt. Should be -1. Hitting great shots. Looks pretty good. Hopefully can get after the North course tomorrow and build some reps. He's not going to win, but the more competitive rounds the better he will get. His driver is turning into a real strength. Hits it just as long as most of the younger guys. If his health holds up he will contend in multiple tournaments this year and maybe Augusta and Carnoustie

• Like 2

He had some great opportunities that slipped away... fought back well; heard on SportsCenter this morning he only made 34 feet of putts -- his 2nd lowest in 474 tournaments!

That being said he should be really happy to be even.... 

Part of me feels like these are all "practice rounds" for Augusta in April.

• Like 1

4KJEceT.jpg

Please tell me where I can get some of these pants! Super Tiger fans there.

This photo would make a great caption contest tbh

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

4KJEceT.jpg

Please tell me where I can get some of these pants! Super Tiger fans there.

This photo would make a great caption contest tbh

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

The captions are endless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The captions are endless

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ha... bad back my arse... I'll carry 2 guys around for 18 holes and still shoot even par.

• Like 3

He may make the cut, but won't threaten the lead in this or any other tournament this year.

He's become part of the field and only gets attention because of what he's done in the past.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Man I tell ya! I was in the MRI waiting room earlier and there was an 80 year old woman in there, talking to her son about how Tiger Woods was playing today... and how she thinks he will win the Masters. And “these young kids got nothing on Tiger” Good conversation.

I hope your MRI went well. This story illustrates the point about Tiger.

• Like 2

I hope your MRI went well. This story illustrates the point about Tiger.

Thanks Rev - those things are noisy. Just waiting in for the results.

• Like 1

I'm willing to get on board here—if his tee ball sin't finding the rough.

This was hardly rocket science, but I feel that this call is holding up pretty well.

Note: Unless something changes radically on the back nine, ignore other predictions by me in this thread.

• Like 2