hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Ok spies sorry it took so long to post my Stage 2 but it's up now...I hope it is a worthy read!!!! Thanks again to MGS for this opportunity....loved it!!!!

• Like 4

Ok spies sorry it took so long to post my Stage 2 but it's up now...I hope it is a worthy read!!!! Thanks again to MGS for this opportunity....loved it!!!!

That's how stage 2's are done Ladies and Gentlemen!!

Great use of data and charts to support what you were seeing and feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

For some odd reason that I can't seem to figure out it put four images at the end of the post I checked it twice and don't see them in that position in the full editor...hopefully I can get some assistance.  Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Great reviews guys. Thanks for the honest and accurate reviews. And GG love all of the data.

• Like 2

GG I enjoyed seeing that we had some similar distances with the clubs. Even though you have the data and I just had a range finder. It was a very nice read and I'm glad I'm not the only one putting the glides on the shelf

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

GG I enjoyed seeing that we had some similar distances with the clubs. Even though you have the data and I just had a range finder. It was a very nice read and I'm glad I'm not the only one putting the glides on the shelf

Absolutely...I was skeptical at first I won't lie but the data is the data and the feel is remarkable...I want that feel in my irons too...lol. I went out today again and shot 79 so these wedges flat out work.

• Like 5

Thanks Rob.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Great effort fellas. I really enjoyed all of your reviews on the wedges and it confirms to me that I'll be sticking with tried and true when I upgrade my SCORs.

• Like 3

@KCLeo12 said...

"The sound is a firmer clicky sound than what I am used too. The feel is also slightly hard off the face."

That's a very interesting comment - I'd tried an earlier version of their wedges, through their demo program, and also had the same reaction. Have been playing softer metal, I guess?, forged wedges and just prefer that softer feel.

(and fwiw I'm as close to being a scratch golfer as I am to bring an astronaut!)

• Like 4

@KCLeo12 said...

(and fwiw I'm as close to being a scratch golfer as I am to bring an astronaut!)

That there made me laugh thank you sir

• Like 4

Great stage two's guys, looks like you will all be gaming these from now on.

• Like 4

I may have to try these out. As much I love the V sole on my irons these might just be the ticket. I wish I could find some wedges I really love.v]

You will love them, for sure!  But, if not, you can return them - Hogan has the 14 day demo deal where they will take it back if you are not pleased with them... but you will be!!

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, both for the opportunity and the feedback!  Lets get out there soon!!

• Like 2

@ddryan - nice review! Could you comment on the sole? Is it identical to the TK or is it different particularly in its turf interaction.

When I first got my SCORs it took me some time to adjust to that V-sole - I'm glad that I stuck with it because I have no intention to ever go back.

One less thing that I have to think about.

Hi Rev,

Sorry for the delay, I have been out of the country and just now catching up on important things like golf!  The Vsole on the Equalizer is slightly wider (about 1/16 inch) throughout the spine of the V, giving a bit more forgiveness (at least that is how I see it)- It provides a bit more room for error without being penal and digging in or causing a chili - dip.  With the TK's I was somewhat reticent to open up the wedge and loft a lob for fear of catching it either thin or fat... The Equalizer gives a bit more room for error, and I have more confidence to pull off those shots when necessary- although I would prefer not to have to, if you know what i mean!!!

If you are ready for the switch, contact Hogan and ask to demo a couple of the wedges- trust me you will not be disappointed ,and at $100/stick that is pretty reasonable compared to some of the Titlists, Callaways or TaylorMade products available...

• Like 3

ddryan,  Love the pics, and graphs.  They really help explain and tell your story.  noticing the different lengths of shots between the old and new, are you concerned? 

KK, thanks for the kind words- It was really a pleasure doing this and the sticks are wonderful to boot!  As far as the distance goes, it is a function of knowing what to expect, and playing to that.  I have lost some distance since hitting 50, but am working out, lifting and strength training to try and gain some of that distance back.  As long as I know what to expect, and play to that, it should not be an issue.  Plus, the Vsole gives you additional options around the green, so the club becomes a more useful tool - short pitches, bump and runs, or high chips- they are very versatile and I like them much more than the TKs I used to play!

• Like 3

Played last week in a big tournament and the wedges performed great. The feel and consistency it fantastic. Love the way the sole interacts with the turf.

• Like 3

Played last week in a big tournament and the wedges performed great. The feel and consistency it fantastic. Love the way the sole interacts with the turf.

Sounds like your wedge game is on point. I too love the Equalizers but haven't been able to play in like two week...rain and family responsibilities...

• Like 3