hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

I'm the opposite, my numbers transfer to the course almost too well. My red stick is usually around 112-115mph on any given night but on Trackman my driver speed was 104mph when I was swinging within myself and nearly 110mph when I was going flat out (and making terrible contact with the ball).

Last night I could only get the green one up to 124mph and I felt like I was swinging out of my shoes. I'd have thought your driver swing speed should be at least 115mph with those numbers.

I've read the whole Epic Flash driver thread now (I had an amazing session with one and wanted to see how others got on. Booked in again on Tuesday at a separate place to confirm the numbers) and I noticed our distances are roughly the same but with those superspeed readings you should be 20 yards past me.

The one thing to keep in mind is that all launch monitors are different and process speed readings differently so just because one device says one thing it may not translate to another device. Meaning the SSR radar probably won’t read the same as a trackman. You can also find some percentages in the thread of estimates on how actual driver speed compares to each color superspeed stick.

I am consistently in the 125 range with green on SSR. When swinging driver on the SSR I hit 114 on average. At the gc quad at MGS i have hit 114 but generally average around 110 when swinging well. I can also have days where I top out in the low 100s on gc quad.

I know I am hitting the ball longer based on where my ball is ending up on the course and where I am versus people I regularly play with. I’ve been slack the past couple of weeks and haven’t done the protocols and I also need to go to the range to work on which ASD protocols I may need to add.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The one thing to keep in mind is that all launch monitors are different and process speed readings differently so just because one device says one thing it may not translate to another device. Meaning the SSR radar probably won’t read the same as a trackman. You can also find some percentages in the thread of estimates on how actual driver speed compares to each color superspeed stick.

I am consistently in the 125 range with green on SSR. When swinging driver on the SSR I hit 114 on average. At the gc quad at MGS i have hit 114 but generally average around 110 when swinging well. I can also have days where I top out in the low 100s on gc quad.

I know I am hitting the ball longer based on where my ball is ending up on the course and where I am versus people I regularly play with. I’ve been slack the past couple of weeks and haven’t done the protocols and I also need to go to the range to work on which ASD protocols I may need to add.

Oh, I totally understand. On the swing speed radar without a ball I can get my driver up to 118mph just going for broke and at the range I'm usually 108mph or 109mph when hitting balls with it. 3 wood is 104mph and 3 hybrid is 100mph on the radar when hitting balls.

I'm the same as you, I'm obviously hitting the ball way further than I used to. Garmin Connect is now telling me I'm averaging 260 yards off the tee with my driver in my last 10 rounds, before SuperSpeed I think it was at 242 yards.

• Like 3

IMG_1285.JPG

So I was on the range with 20 something guy who is getting back into golf after a failed run as a pro - he went to Florida on a full ride. So he has some game.

I’m happy to report that he and I were both hitting 7 the same distance. He promised not to tell anyone that one of us was hitting 7 iron and the other, 7 wood.

I won’t tell you who was who but I was getting my 7 out by the blue, 200 yard flag. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

@revkev That poor kid. I'm sure you told him he can hit as far as you do someday. 😁

Leaving on a family trip tomorrow. Going to catch the SuperSpeed Workshop next weekend on the way back. Tomorrow would be my last day of week 3 for protocol 1. I think I might just skip out on it and go into the workshop fresh and a week removed from anything. I've been having some pain in my left hand around the base of my thumb/between my thumb and index finger all week. So probably better off giving that time to get better, too. 

As for updates on protocol 1, week 3: Not really any change the 2 days this week. My driver was actually slower on average at 94mph. Stick swings were all around the same, but slightly better for the most part. Green bests were 121 and 120 right handed, 107 and 109 lefty. Blue bests were 115(tied my best ever) and 112 righty, 103 and 100 lefty. Red bests were 106 and 107 righty, 97 and 96 lefty. 

Almost forgot, I weighed my speed sticks and driver. My driver is 318g, green stick 263g, blue stick 300g, and red stick 339g. So my sticks are actually 17.3% lighter, 5.7% lighter and 6.6% heavier than my driver. I remember reading someone else here weighing theirs and got curious.

Anyway, have a good week guys.

• Like 4

[mention=16651]revkev[/mention] That poor kid. I'm sure you told him he can hit as far as you do someday. 
Leaving on a family trip tomorrow. Going to catch the SuperSpeed Workshop next weekend on the way back. Tomorrow would be my last day of week 3 for protocol 1. I think I might just skip out on it and go into the workshop fresh and a week removed from anything. I've been having some pain in my left hand around the base of my thumb/between my thumb and index finger all week. So probably better off giving that time to get better, too. 
As for updates on protocol 1, week 3: Not really any change the 2 days this week. My driver was actually slower on average at 94mph. Stick swings were all around the same, but slightly better for the most part. Green bests were 121 and 120 right handed, 107 and 109 lefty. Blue bests were 115(tied my best ever) and 112 righty, 103 and 100 lefty. Red bests were 106 and 107 righty, 97 and 96 lefty. 
Almost forgot, I weighed my speed sticks and driver. My driver is 318g, green stick 263g, blue stick 300g, and red stick 339g. So my sticks are actually 17.3% lighter, 5.7% lighter and 6.6% heavier than my driver. I remember reading someone else here weighing theirs and got curious.
Anyway, have a good week guys.

Enjoy your trip

Sorry for not posting back for a while. I stopped doing the Superspeed program. I'll probably pick it back up later on, but the wrist/hand pain wasn't worth it. I was actually going backwards speed-wise, and I was hitting some really bad shots all over the clubface on top of that. I think until I'm fully healed up for a while and rediscover a good strike pattern, more speed wouldn't help me.

I did go to the workshop and it was interesting. I wouldn't say a lot of it was groundbreaking for today's information, but there were good speakers and good exercises. We did different movements to determine range of movement and balance and went over corrective exercises to improve those. We were given a goodie bag at the start with a booklet inside that has all of the protocols and how to do them, the movement tests and corrective exercises, along with a lot of other information that we went over at the workshop. The Boditrak pressure mat and K-Vest were cool. There were speakers that use those and we had the opportunity to try those out. I was a bit disappointed there wasn't more of a focus put on trying those things and getting some instruction from it. I understand that wasn't the point, but it would've been better to put time aside for those things to be a bigger part of the workshop in my opinion. Instead, we had to kind of test those things out on our own time, so to speak. I got to use the Boditrak at the end of day 1 and used the K-Vest during lunch of day 2. 

The most impressive part of the workshop was when we did the level 1 protocol the first day. There was a young guy that swung the green stick 168mph. He got the blue one around 160 and the red one 150+. That was impressive to watch. He kept trying to see how high he could get. They ended up giving him the lightest long driver version stick and he got that one up to 176mph. 

Quick snippet that Mike from Superspeed gave was they were looking into hitting balls between reps while doing the training. I didn't catch the context of if it was something they are testing for the future or if it's something they tested before and haven't figured out how to make it work yet. 

Altogether, it was a good experience. Sorry for the late post, hope you guys are well.

• Like 5

Thanks for the update - it sounds like a great experience.