Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

What's in JimNantzsToast's bag?

Hey everyone! new member/first post here so bear with me!

Callaway (unknown model) Grey Goose stand bag (looks awesome, purchased from PlayItAgain)

Cobra F7 Driver - Stiff 60g Fukijura shaft - Garfield "Born 2 Birdie" Headcover

Callaway Rouge 3 wood - Adila Synergy Regular shaft

Cobra F7 5 wood - Regular Fukijura shaft - My old Callaway Diablo 3 wood Headcover

TaylorMade TP Rescue 4/22* - I'm not sure how old this is, I am in the market for something new

Cobra F8 Iron set 5-GW - Regular flex TrueTemper XP90 shafts 

Ping Tour-S 54*/12* bounce wedge - KBS Tour Shaft

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8* bounce wedge - Adams branded shaft

Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter - 35" Black painted shaft

I think the next things to be replaced are the Rescue, then the wedges, then the driver. I also have the 38" Counterbalanced TA putter I have used twice if anyone is interested! Enjoy the pictures:

7.thumb.jpg.f456e66975b4ff77ac14d936dbbb528a.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.f6d85202a91472399756f346255b40cf.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.7cf0d7b474fb1475b03aeab920fb60a6.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.0a5d6dfdcd6f956bb7f47226923db6b1.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.bf262b0e4bc906e4c6caced237778bac.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.07eb492d6be33e5be6f13b4162db8e25.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.943ef1049d7d715215d7be377e6b1634.jpg

Edited by JimNantzsToast

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 3W

:cobra-small: King F7 5W

Sub70 939 3H

Lynx Black Cat //:cobra-small: King F8 5i-GW 

:ping-small: Tour-S 54*/12*

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Tommy Armour 303 Milled Habanero 

Great collection of clubs - really good. Thanks for sharing.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

11 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Great collection of clubs - really good. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I think I was able to scrounge together a decent set on a budget. Every club in the bag was bought at a pretty good discount (used/ebay/open box etc).

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

5 hours ago, TwoCoatsOfWax said:

Looks like some good used & discounted finds.   +100 for the Garfield headcover!

Thanks! Everyone thinks it's a tiger knock off until they get close 

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Nice setup.  And welcome to the forum from a fellow Richmonder.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Pretty decent set up---- That old TM Rescue is one heck of a club----- For me on those hybrids I like the prior generation TM Rescue and older Adams---- Those old Tom Watson Adams wedge are a direct copy of the old Watson Ram wedges which were pretty decent wedges. All in all I like your set up does not have to be the newest or latest and greatest to work 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 6/1/2019 at 11:36 PM, HardcoreLooper said:

Nice setup.  And welcome to the forum from a fellow Richmonder.

Good to see another one here! Where do you usually play?

On 6/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, BIG STU said:

Pretty decent set up---- That old TM Rescue is one heck of a club----- For me on those hybrids I like the prior generation TM Rescue and older Adams---- Those old Tom Watson Adams wedge are a direct copy of the old Watson Ram wedges which were pretty decent wedges. All in all I like your set up does not have to be the newest or latest and greatest to work 

Yeah I've had good times with both of those clubs! i'll look up the Watson Ram wedges, it's always fun to check out the history

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

4 hours ago, JimNantzsToast said:

Good to see another one here! Where do you usually play?

I used to belong to Meadowbrook back in the day, but I didn't play enough to make it worth my while.  I'm a volunteer coach at The First Tee, and since my 11-year old plays, I spend quite a bit of time out there with her.  As for "real" golf courses, I play all over the place:  Providence, Mill Quarter, Belmont, The Hollows, The Highlands.  I'll splurge a few times a year on nice courses like Independence.  A good buddy belongs to Jefferson Lakeside, so I play there with him several times a year.

How about you?

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

16 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I used to belong to Meadowbrook back in the day, but I didn't play enough to make it worth my while.  I'm a volunteer coach at The First Tee, and since my 11-year old plays, I spend quite a bit of time out there with her.  As for "real" golf courses, I play all over the place:  Providence, Mill Quarter, Belmont, The Hollows, The Highlands.  I'll splurge a few times a year on nice courses like Independence.  A good buddy belongs to Jefferson Lakeside, so I play there with him several times a year.

How about you?

Nice! volunteer at the first tee in town or Chesterfield?

I'd like to join a club, almost joined Birkdale for their summer deal, but its too far from home to pop in for 9 after work (what I want).

Other than that I'm all over as well. Sycamore Creek, The Hollows, I lived with a friend's parents right off the 17th fairway at Independence so I've played that a few times, went up to Pendleton a few weekends ago, Lake Monticello last weekend. Used to play as a guest at Jefferson Lakeside with a friend, and have played Willow Oaks as a guest as well.

But my favorite for the money is The Hollows. It's too bad that Belmont is always in bad shape, and I don't know anyone who's played the other public course out east - but I'm curious about that one.

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

6 hours ago, JimNantzsToast said:

Nice! volunteer at the first tee in town or Chesterfield?

I'd like to join a club, almost joined Birkdale for their summer deal, but its too far from home to pop in for 9 after work (what I want).

Other than that I'm all over as well. Sycamore Creek, The Hollows, I lived with a friend's parents right off the 17th fairway at Independence so I've played that a few times, went up to Pendleton a few weekends ago, Lake Monticello last weekend. Used to play as a guest at Jefferson Lakeside with a friend, and have played Willow Oaks as a guest as well.

But my favorite for the money is The Hollows. It's too bad that Belmont is always in bad shape, and I don't know anyone who's played the other public course out east - but I'm curious about that one.

I volunteer at both.  Chesterfield is just a little bit closer, but neither is more than 30 minutes away.

I've heard Belmont is in pretty decent shape... except for the bunkers.  I think Henrico County is shopping it around, trying to bring in a management company (if they decide not to turn it into a park).

Which course out east are you talking about?  Glenwood?  Haven't played it in years.  Too many stories about shootings near that course.  Or Brookwoods out in New Kent?  Nice little course, but haven't played that one in a few years either.

What kind of deal is Birkdale running?  I'm not too far away from them either.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

11 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I volunteer at both.  Chesterfield is just a little bit closer, but neither is more than 30 minutes away.

I've heard Belmont is in pretty decent shape... except for the bunkers.  I think Henrico County is shopping it around, trying to bring in a management company (if they decide not to turn it into a park).

Which course out east are you talking about?  Glenwood?  Haven't played it in years.  Too many stories about shootings near that course.  Or Brookwoods out in New Kent?  Nice little course, but haven't played that one in a few years either.

What kind of deal is Birkdale running?  I'm not too far away from them either.

Birkdale was (might still be) running a membership for $145-ish a month for unlimited rounds with 3 months free cart fees. This includes Hanover cc and a discounted rate for brandermill cc (all owned by the same company) with a 14 month agreement. 

My friend plays the Monday night league at Belmont he says the front is bad, but the back nine is decent. 

Glenwood is for sure what I'm talking about, it's close to the low income housing over there. 

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Diggin that Garfield cover! And I'm a big Cobra fan as well 🙂

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :Fuji: Motore X F3 R 

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), Project X LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

On 6/13/2019 at 9:48 AM, knightsofnii said:

Diggin that Garfield cover! And I'm a big Cobra fan as well 🙂

I really didn't "mean" to have mostly Cobra stuff - I got the driver first after hitting most of the drivers from 2017, the F7 was the second best I hit, and cost less than half of the other ones (open box).

I wasn't in the market for new irons, but was paroozing ebay, saw these F8 irons' auction was about to expire for just under $220 (all clubs brand new other than one didn't have the wrapper on it) - so I jumped on them

And you know this bag will look very different soon!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

Cant wait to hit the Lynx.  

Also a new driver in my near future.  Not sure which one.  G400 Max highest on my list 🙂

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :Fuji: Motore X F3 R 

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), Project X LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Love the Grey Goose bag !  I love Grey Goose🍸

Nice work Jim thanks for the pics.

Lookin' forward to the Lynx Black Cat Irons

Shot Tracking by Arccos Caddie            I'm Right Handed

Titleist TS2 10.5* Driver, HZRDUS SMOKE 60g stiff Shaft        Sometimes use (Wilson/Staff 2019  D7 Driver UST Mamiya Helium stiff shaft)

Titleist TS2 15* Fairway, HZRDUS SMOKE 70g stiff Shaft

Titleist 816H1 19* , Fujikura Motore Speeder stiff shaft

Titleist 816H1 23* , Fujikura Motore Speeder stiff shaft

Titleist 816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft ( trade this club out for 5 iron sometimes )

Titleist AP1 5-PW KURO KAGE low balance iron graphite stiff shafts plus 0.5", 1* upright

Vokey TVD 52*M SM4 inscribed WILLEY   Aerotech Steelfiber i125 xflex plus 1", 1* upright

Vokey Spin Milled BV 56-11 c-c True Temper Wedge shaft

Vokey TVD 60*M SM4 inscribed WILLEY   Aerotech Steelfiber i125 xflex plus 1", 1* upright

Golf Pride Tour Velvet midsize grips

Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35" putter, The Art of Putting Head Cover, Scotty Cameron Golf Matador Putter Grip Mid-size.

Titleist ProV1x

Callaway 15' pocket ball retriever ( I use this too much! )

All carried in my 2012 Titleist Staff Bag.

I still own a set of Ping I 3 green dot irons 3-PW stiff steel shafts ( first set I was ever fit for).

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, HardcoreLooper said:

How about you?

Hey @HardcoreLooper - the GF and I just toured Meadowbrook today, I think we're going to join!

Tommy Armour 845 10.5*

Sub70 939 3H

Adams Tom Watson 58*/8*

13 hours ago, JimNantzsToast said:

Hey @HardcoreLooper - the GF and I just toured Meadowbrook today, I think we're going to join!

Awesome!  Hope it's in good shape, cause it's a fun course. Lots of good players there as well. The Meadowbrook guys games travel nicely. 

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino