Jump to content
Golfspy_CG2

Titleist introduces it's New T Series of Irons with New Technology

Recommended Posts

[mention=65448]Golfspy_CG2[/mention] are we expecting a TMB this year?  A add on to to U line?  Or just the DI’s this year?

I heard online that there wouldn’t be any update to TMB... I don’t remember where, though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard online that there wouldn’t be any update to TMB... I don’t remember where, though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


Canx’d? That’s a bummer.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Shankster said:

 


Canx’d? That’s a bummer.

 

They weren’t a popular full set and most only bought the 2,3 or 4 iron. The U500/510 are the direct replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my fitting today with new T series irons. Currently play AP1 714. The 100, 200, and 300 all look great to me. As it was explained to me, this series does not translate to the AP series. It is blending existing tech with new, so can’t say the T200 is old AP1, etc.   My take on the line up is the 100 is a players iron with distance and workability and my ability is not up to the task. Hit about 50 200 and 300 7 irons with Aerotech i95 stiff shafts. The lofts are stronger by a full club over my AP1 714

Overall look across the line are thinner and more compact and are very pleasing to my eye. 

Numbers:

Swing speed about 80, Ball speed about 115  Below are averages after tossing out 2 best, and 2 worst

Current AP1 6 iron 29*(12 shots)

Avg Carry.  162

Avg Spin.   5997

Launch 16*

Off line avg 7.4

New T200 7 iron 30*(17 shots)

Avg Carry  163

Avg Spin  6042

Launch  16.7

Off line avg 8.8

New T300 7 iron 29*(19 shots)

avg Carry 164.5

Avg Spin 6223

Launch 16.5

Offline 6.7

I basically came up with I can now hit a 7 iron the same as my 6 iron( since same loft) maybe a few yds more, maybe a bit more forgiving, and a bit more stopping power   It is not enough to warrant a change for me, but Look good, feel good, and certainly worth a look

Tried new TS2 hybrid as well and WOW!  My 913H at 18* avg 196 carry  New TS2 at 19* avg carry was 219  Small sample size, but will need to look at these in earnest soon  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:44 PM, PMookie said:

Speed and distance. I’m really beginning to think that cavity back irons that don’t fly high, and go far, are a thing of the past. Not ALL players need distance, and not ALL need higher ball flight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree 110%--  Lots of guys with high SS through the hitting zone do not need a low CG iron. But with that being sad you can tone down a set of low CG irons by putting a stiffer tip shaft in them or hard stepping a set. I have tuned quite a few CB irons for good players this way. As far as distance most CB irons are too hot faced for me. Right now I am playing a one piece forged player's CB and they are consistant

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 10:44 PM, PMookie said:

Speed and distance. I’m really beginning to think that cavity back irons that don’t fly high, and go far, are a thing of the past. Not ALL players need distance, and not ALL need higher ball flight.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Irons aren’t really about distance but rather distance control. Obviously everyone wants to hit the ball farther but there comes a point where consistency in distance is as important as the overall distance. 

I want to know that when I make center contact the shot will go the same distance every time. When I miss I want to know my miss will be the same everytime in that spot. 

Unfortunately distance sells and that’s what marketing puts out 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LVSteve said:

I basically came up with I can now hit a 7 iron the same as my 6 iron( since same loft) maybe a few yds more, maybe a bit more forgiving, and a bit more stopping power   It is not enough to warrant a change for me, but Look good, feel good, and certainly worth a look

 

Thanks for sharing your experience. Since you had a chance to hit all 3 new models, can you talk about the feel of all 3? Is the 300 bulky/ clunky in any way or did all 3 models feel similar? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All 3 felt nice. While the 300 is supposed to be a GI iron, it seemed to have a bit thinner top line and sole than my AP1, as well as a more compact head. Seemed to be more forgiving, but didn’t have the huge head of some GI irons. I was difficult for me to distinguish between the 300 and 200 in terms of look at address and feel through the swing. 300 performed a bit better for my swing. The 100 looks great, but I don’t have the skill to make it perform

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irons aren’t really about distance but rather distance control. Obviously everyone wants to hit the ball farther but there comes a point where consistency in distance is as important as the overall distance. 
I want to know that when I make center contact the shot will go the same distance every time. When I miss I want to know my miss will be the same everytime in that spot. 
Unfortunately distance sells and that’s what marketing puts out 

Same here, but I want my 7 iron to go around 170.... These new “styles” have me hitting a 7 180+, which then left me an issue at the bottom of the bag. I want forgiveness because I don’t hit center every time, but I don’t want a “blade”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, PMookie said:


Same here, but I want my 7 iron to go around 170.... These new “styles” have me hitting a 7 180+, which then left me an issue at the bottom of the bag. I want forgiveness because I don’t hit center every time, but I don’t want a “blade”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ROTFLMAO---- Wish I could still hit a 7 iron 170---- For me that is a 5 iron of course I am playing at sea level and hit traditionally lofted clubs so it ain't all bad.   So Rock On.  I can see what you are talking about wanting forgiveness but not a blade. Most modern CBs are too hot faced for me. I can and do still hit pure blades but I do not play or practice as much anymore. Sorta found a compromise have been playing a 10 year old set of Forged 1 piece KZG CBs. Kinda a good combination of both for me. I get consistent distance and my mis hits are not as bad and predictable 

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

ROTFLMAO---- Wish I could still hit a 7 iron 170---- For me that is a 5 iron

Wish I could have EVER hit a 7 iron 170😂!  With the newer stronger lofts I can get closer (cuz I’m really hitting a 5 iron, 😁) to that number. Today the number stamped on the bottom is pretty meaningless. Nowadays instead of asking “whadya hit”, I ask “What distance did you play that at?”  New T100 7 iron is 34*, T300 is *29. In my day that was nearly 2 club difference!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at Dicks today and got my first look at this series of irons. The T300 irons ( which is what I would game) actually looks better than I thought it would! Very intrigued by them.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titleist Thursday appointment booked for tomorrow. Going to check out the T300/T200 vs. last year's AP1/AP3. Hope I am striping them like the AP demo to get some good comparison numbers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 6:32 PM, BMart519 said:

Titleist Thursday appointment booked for tomorrow. Going to check out the T300/T200 vs. last year's AP1/AP3. Hope I am striping them like the AP demo to get some good comparison numbers. 

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 11:40 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I like all three...ha   Which one will suit me best, remains to be seen...in about 3 weeks!   I watched Michael Newtons video review today and he really commented on how loud the T300 were.  This was concerning to me as that is my chief issue with the G410's.   But I think the T200 could fit me well.   

But the whole line looks good to me, despite some of the comments I saw on the blog page. 

What shafts do you have on the G410's?  Of the various irons I've tested recently, I wouldn't call any of them loud... but to be fair the sound they make is really low on my rating scale.

The T300's look like they have a switch on the back... maybe a "quiet" and "loud" mode? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jfoz89 said:

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

The T300 felt like hitting the ball with a hammer compared to the Ap1. Max Impact indeed... I enjoyed the AP1 more than the T300 and would not consider the T300 compared to the Mizuno Hot Metals or  even the Taylormade M5s. Probably like the Ping G400 irons better as well. 

I preferred the T200 to the T300 feel as it felt lighter, maybe they should have been called Medium Impact. The fitter then mentioned the face is forged instead of cast in the AP3, so that was likely responsible for some difference as well. Performance was difficult to compare with some of my past tests as it was a poor swinging night after a gym session. 

I was getting better launch and spin compared to the Ap1/AP3 but i did switch to AMT red for this session since the numbers with the AMT black were resulting in 7 iron shots around 5000 rpm with 43 degree descent angles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

What shafts do you have on the G410's?  Of the various irons I've tested recently, I wouldn't call any of them loud... but to be fair the sound they make is really low on my rating scale.

The T300's look like they have a switch on the back... maybe a "quiet" and "loud" mode? 🙂

I had the KBS Tour 105 in the G410's and no it wasn't the shaft or the balls.  They are just loud---to me.   Got the JPX Forged in with KBS C Taper Lite and granted they are forged, so a much nicer sound. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

The T300 felt like hitting the ball with a hammer compared to the Ap1. Max Impact indeed... I enjoyed the AP1 more than the T300 and would not consider the T300 compared to the Mizuno Hot Metals or  even the Taylormade M5s. Probably like the Ping G400 irons better as well. 

I preferred the T200 to the T300 feel as it felt lighter, maybe they should have been called Medium Impact. The fitter then mentioned the face is forged instead of cast in the AP3, so that was likely responsible for some difference as well. Performance was difficult to compare with some of my past tests as it was a poor swinging night after a gym session. 

I was getting better launch and spin compared to the Ap1/AP3 but i did switch to AMT red for this session since the numbers with the AMT black were resulting in 7 iron shots around 5000 rpm with 43 degree descent angles. 

I hit up the Titleist Demo day yesterday.  I was lucky as it wasn't a Titleist Thursday, which was being held about 20 minutes down the road, but it was a full blown demo with the rep and the full assortment of the new line.   It wasn't busy at all as I assume most went to the the TT.   So I got to hit both the T200 and T300---and the MB 3 iron at the very end....just so I could say  I did..ha  Got to try them with multiple shafts as well. 

My thoughts on the T200 vs T300 are very similar to yours.  I also am struggling with my swing right now as well, so I won't make any definite decisions based on it.    I did like the TS2/3 hybrids as well.   

I'm going to a Team Titleist event in Wisconsin next week where we will have a big afternoon session with all the new stuff and fitters from Titleist there, so I'll give them both another try to see which one works best there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for to try these.  I love how the T100's look and would also be interested in hitting the T200.  I agree, Titleist has recently stepped up and is now at the forefront of all things golf!!!  I also would like to try their TS hybrids.  My biggest problem is that there are no Titleist fitters around me.  That part sucks!  One can dream I guess!  I will be honest through, I am not a fan of the bridge thing on the T300, it looks to "gimmicky" for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 4:53 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I hit up the Titleist Demo day yesterday.  I was lucky as it wasn't a Titleist Thursday, which was being held about 20 minutes down the road, but it was a full blown demo with the rep and the full assortment of the new line.   It wasn't busy at all as I assume most went to the the TT.   So I got to hit both the T200 and T300---and the MB 3 iron at the very end....just so I could say  I did..ha  Got to try them with multiple shafts as well. 

My thoughts on the T200 vs T300 are very similar to yours.  I also am struggling with my swing right now as well, so I won't make any definite decisions based on it.    I did like the TS2/3 hybrids as well.   

I'm going to a Team Titleist event in Wisconsin next week where we will have a big afternoon session with all the new stuff and fitters from Titleist there, so I'll give them both another try to see which one works best there. 

Lucky!  No Titleist events around me.  Enjoy the TT event!  Let me know how it goes!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...