Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×
2024 PGA Contest by MyClubFitter and My Golf Spy ×

Show us your Maltby!!!

azstu324

28 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Another Maltby arrived today - TC Pro 7 Wood. It looks really great and I really want to get to the range tomorrow to try it out. Maltby ProSeries FW Shaft, 70g, Regular (they play pretty stiff). This was one of their Paks, and for $105 assembled, I couldn't pass it up. They even got my grip request right to add some to the lower hand to reduce taper.

Headcover is essentially the Taylormade Stealth model, which I'm not complaining about. It feels premium and looks great. Came with a wrench. DID YOU HEAR THAT OEMS!?!?! MALTBY SENT A WRENCH!!

MaltbyTCPro7Wood.jpg.2a9d5c6fda3b7688e411114f0f346efa.jpg

I want to try one of those, but I went with a Paradym 7w that I really am getting along with so I have absolutely no reason to club ho and get one.   I'm putting the over/under on my willpower at two weeks

:callaway-small:Paradym driver

:callaway-small:Paradym X 3HL

:callaway-small:Paradym 7w

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small:Paradym irons 6-AW

:callaway-small:Jaws Raw 54*, 58*

:odyssey-small: Versa 3T

Yes. Do the ts3 stu. They are so easy to hit and the feel is amazing

IMG_1622.jpg

Just saw you got them... Nice pick with the ferrules... :)

Edited by KOG

Driver : Exotics EXS Pro with with Diamana 'ahina 70 stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yonex Ezone with UST Comp stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron: Srizon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

For those who actually like and read the MPF iron & shaft docs, they’ve been updated on their website. Even added a Takomo doc. Srixon isn’t updated though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

So I am seriously considering soft-stepping my TS1-IM / Recoil Prototype 125 build.

This was brought on by my Mizuno Shaft Optimizer outcome from last week's Demo Day, where the KBS Tour S Soft-Stepped was the #1 recommendation. I hadn't thought about soft-stepping before until this outcome. I did a little digging into the shafts and found that several have mentioned it can be a bit stiffer than it's flex states, especially at the higher weight like mine are. So it sent me into a bit of a rabbit hole on seeing with the swing weights would be if I went down this road. Luckily, the shafts I bought were 4-PW w/ 3 wedge shafts. So soft-stepping wouldn't be an issue from a shaft availability perspective.

I do like the idea to add a bit more feel to the clubs and slightly loosen up the flex a bit. The weights of these were what the MSO did suggest, which was nice. Wish I had a frequency machine to actually check them. One day. 🙂

Still mulling it over though. I'll have a bit to work through all that, as the 5i and GW won't be in until sometime in May.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g

TS1-IM heads are back in stock!!!

16 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

TS1-IM heads are back in stock!!!

I am torn between trying a half set of those or TS3's for a minimalist cabin bag.  

6 hours ago, MN_Hacker said:

I am torn between trying a half set of those or TS3's for a minimalist cabin bag.  

I may be willing to part with my TS-3 5-GW in Excalibur RT 95 shafts if you are intereste..

In My Bag

Driver- Cobra LTDZ-LS- IM 10 Stiff-  Alternating w/ Mizuno STX 230

Fwy- Tour Edge C722 #5 turned down to 16.5,   PXG 0211- #7

Utility- Maltby KE 4 Tour 22 Degree

Irons- Maltby TS-1 IM- Aldila NV Iron- #5-#6-75 gram, #7-8-9  85 Gram,  PW-GW   95 Gram

Wedges- Maltby TSW 54- 58

Putter- TP- Mills- Nellie Anvil Stainless,  David Mills IV workshop, 

Ball- TM- TP 5,  Bridgestone Brxs

On 4/19/2024 at 1:49 PM, Shrek74 said:

Another Maltby arrived today - TC Pro 7 Wood. It looks really great and I really want to get to the range tomorrow to try it out. Maltby ProSeries FW Shaft, 70g, Regular (they play pretty stiff). This was one of their Paks, and for $105 assembled, I couldn't pass it up. They even got my grip request right to add some to the lower hand to reduce taper.

Headcover is essentially the Taylormade Stealth model, which I'm not complaining about. It feels premium and looks great. Came with a wrench. DID YOU HEAR THAT OEMS!?!?! MALTBY SENT A WRENCH!!

Can Golfworks make it even cheaper and not include the wrench?  I have about 50+ of those things around the house!

My bag is a revolving door!

5 hours ago, mustanggolf said:

I may be willing to part with my TS-3 5-GW in Excalibur RT 95 shafts if you are intereste..

This is a really good combo. I am testing Maltby TS1-IM, TS3, TS4, TE, and even the KE4 MAX right now, all with Rapid Taper 105's (TS1-IM has a GD Tour AD95). I came to this thread to express some thoughts and possibly sell a set of TS1-IM's. Ill post in a bit.....

I was able to demo all of Maltby’s latest irons and while I was doing so, I bought a full set TS1-IM’s. For comparison all the demos were built with Rapid Taper 105 shafts and I used a Graphite designs Tour AD 95 in my TS1-IM to try and keep the comparison as close as possible.

My impressions so far:

TS4- It is a blade……. But is surprisingly easy to hit and has a fair amount of forgiveness. Has the typical forged blade feel of being soft feeling while providing a solid strike (soft thud). I can miss it on the face with more forgiveness than other blades I have played. I would say it compares most to the current Srixon Z-Forged II. Like the Srixon, the TS4 is slightly bigger overall and does not have that typical blade razor thin top line. More traditional lofts as well.

TS1-IM – There is a reason this head was sold out and not just because of the YouTube video. It has the looks of the TS4 with just a slightly wider top line. It is very forgiving all over the face and retains ball speed well. Soft feel without feeling hollow. I’ve tried other hollow body irons and never “loved” them. They were either too clicky for me or too low spin. The TS1-IM feels like a true forged cavity back and sounds amazing. Slightly stronger modern lofts.

TS3- This club feels amazing. It is marshmallow soft and uber forgiving. I would compare it to a Srixon ZX5 that feels way better. The rounded sole will be a big help to some, and it wont hurt others. It does have slightly more offset than the TS1-IM and the TS4 and the offset is progressive through the set. I hate to use handicaps as a reference because I know great ball strikers who can’t score and poor ball strikers who can scramble and maintain a low index, but if you are a mediocre ball striker or a mid-handicap looking for forged, these are where you should start. Modern lofts are appropriate for this category.

TE V4- Dare I say possibly the Goldilocks for Maltby. These will be overshadowed by the TS line, but they shouldn’t be. If you are a competent ball striker or lower index who doesn’t want or need blades, these are it. This is a modern players cavity back. Solid thud at impact that feels as good as any forged I have played. Consistent .100 offset throughout the set is a nice touch especially for those who do not like too much or a progressive offset. I feel these would blend well with TS-4’s for a combo set. Not a lot of tech, but a solid cavity back iron. These have the right feel, forgiveness, and playability for the low to mid index range. Modern lofts here as well and slightly less expensive.

I am thinking of selling my TS1-IM’s and building a set of TS4’s. I like the slightly more traditional lofts and the added spin I was seeing both outside and on my sim. May even sell just the heads only if anyone is interested, 4-GW stock loft and lie 8 piece set.

These are just my quick thoughts of each iron. Besides the TS1-IM I only had 7 irons to test so I can not speak to full sets. I’m happy to answer anymore questions.

PS: In the bag full of 7 irons you will see a KE4 Max, also with a Rapid Taper shaft. If you just want to hit high forgiving strong lofted irons for dirt cheap, than just buy these. They look and feel better than any max game improvement iron by an OEM. I would say they compare to the Dynapower if anything. 

Maltby 3.jpg

Maltby 7 irons.jpg

Rapid Taper.jpg

FYI, anybody who might be considering a set of TS4's, Gabe from Letsplaythru just got my personal set to review yesterday. He'll be dropping a video in the next few days. We all know what's possible after that. 

I'm guessing that the audience they will appeal to might not be as broad as the TS1-IM's but you never know. 

He may also totally hate them but I'm not anticipating that to happen 😜.

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

20 hours ago, sl1111 said:

I was able to demo all of Maltby’s latest irons and while I was doing so, I bought a full set TS1-IM’s. For comparison all the demos were built with Rapid Taper 105 shafts and I used a Graphite designs Tour AD 95 in my TS1-IM to try and keep the comparison as close as possible.

My impressions so far:

TS4- It is a blade……. But is surprisingly easy to hit and has a fair amount of forgiveness. Has the typical forged blade feel of being soft feeling while providing a solid strike (soft thud). I can miss it on the face with more forgiveness than other blades I have played. I would say it compares most to the current Srixon Z-Forged II. Like the Srixon, the TS4 is slightly bigger overall and does not have that typical blade razor thin top line. More traditional lofts as well.

TS1-IM – There is a reason this head was sold out and not just because of the YouTube video. It has the looks of the TS4 with just a slightly wider top line. It is very forgiving all over the face and retains ball speed well. Soft feel without feeling hollow. I’ve tried other hollow body irons and never “loved” them. They were either too clicky for me or too low spin. The TS1-IM feels like a true forged cavity back and sounds amazing. Slightly stronger modern lofts.

TS3- This club feels amazing. It is marshmallow soft and uber forgiving. I would compare it to a Srixon ZX5 that feels way better. The rounded sole will be a big help to some, and it wont hurt others. It does have slightly more offset than the TS1-IM and the TS4 and the offset is progressive through the set. I hate to use handicaps as a reference because I know great ball strikers who can’t score and poor ball strikers who can scramble and maintain a low index, but if you are a mediocre ball striker or a mid-handicap looking for forged, these are where you should start. Modern lofts are appropriate for this category.

TE V4- Dare I say possibly the Goldilocks for Maltby. These will be overshadowed by the TS line, but they shouldn’t be. If you are a competent ball striker or lower index who doesn’t want or need blades, these are it. This is a modern players cavity back. Solid thud at impact that feels as good as any forged I have played. Consistent .100 offset throughout the set is a nice touch especially for those who do not like too much or a progressive offset. I feel these would blend well with TS-4’s for a combo set. Not a lot of tech, but a solid cavity back iron. These have the right feel, forgiveness, and playability for the low to mid index range. Modern lofts here as well and slightly less expensive.

I am thinking of selling my TS1-IM’s and building a set of TS4’s. I like the slightly more traditional lofts and the added spin I was seeing both outside and on my sim. May even sell just the heads only if anyone is interested, 4-GW stock loft and lie 8 piece set.

These are just my quick thoughts of each iron. Besides the TS1-IM I only had 7 irons to test so I can not speak to full sets. I’m happy to answer anymore questions.

PS: In the bag full of 7 irons you will see a KE4 Max, also with a Rapid Taper shaft. If you just want to hit high forgiving strong lofted irons for dirt cheap, than just buy these. They look and feel better than any max game improvement iron by an OEM. I would say they compare to the Dynapower if anything. 

Maltby 3.jpg

Maltby 7 irons.jpg

Rapid Taper.jpg

Great(!) write-up - really appreciate all the feedback.  Curious why you're leaning towards the TS4's over the TE+ considering your feelings about it.  I've been SERIOUSLY pondering the TE+ - something about it really draws me to it more than the TS4's.  I built up a TS3 6/9 demo, and loved how they felt, but they weren't "it" for me.  To be fair, built with the TT Score, which is not my preferred weight.

Also, and this is a genuine question from a shaft novice, but why the Rapid Taper 105s in everything but the TS1-M in 95?  I've seen the Rapid Tapers a lot around the forum, and have been really intrigued by them, and may have to order a few to put on a head or two to see how they perform, but are the AD's in 95 that similar to the RT's in 105? 

Anyway, thanks again - super helpful stuff!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Great(!) write-up - really appreciate all the feedback.  Curious why you're leaning towards the TS4's over the TE+ considering your feelings about it.  I've been SERIOUSLY pondering the TE+ - something about it really draws me to it more than the TS4's.  I built up a TS3 6/9 demo, and loved how they felt, but they weren't "it" for me.  To be fair, built with the TT Score, which is not my preferred weight.

Also, and this is a genuine question from a shaft novice, but why the Rapid Taper 105s in everything but the TS1-M in 95?  I've seen the Rapid Tapers a lot around the forum, and have been really intrigued by them, and may have to order a few to put on a head or two to see how they perform, but are the AD's in 95 that similar to the RT's in 105? 

Anyway, thanks again - super helpful stuff!

To the TS4 Vs TE+ question...… The TS4 is forgiving enough, especially in the 7-PW range to justify playing them. I like the more traditional lofts of the TS4 and liked the launch window a bit more. The feel of the TS4 is really good, like addicting good! I would probably only go 7-PW and blend with TE+ long irons.  The second part of the answer is I am a golf equipment OCD mental midget. Most likely will regret it the day after I build them and wish I would of gone TE. Best answer is I prefer the launch and spin of the TS4. 

Shaft question... The KE4 MAX, TS4, TS3, and TE+ are all on loan to me for testing. The owner/builder is a rep for Xcaliber and these were the shafts that came installed from him. They are his demo clubs. He has supplied me shafts in the past and I have played the RT 95 in the past. The 105 was not available when I used the shafts in the past.

I own the set of TS1-IM 4-GW and they are shafted with the Score LT. Also not my preferred shaft but they were good enough for what I wanted to do with the set since they came built when I bought them. I have a set of Tour AD 95 pulls I was not using and felt comparing the Score LT to the RT 105 was not a fair comparison. I pulled the Score LT out of my 7 iron and installed the Tour AD 95 to try to be more comparable to the RT 105. I would say the RT and the Tour AD are comparable but not the same. Both are very stable and do not compare to traditional graphite iron shafts. The Tour AD felt more like the RT 105 than the the Score LT did, if that makes sense.

If someone offered me any of the above components for free my choices would be TS4 with RT 105 S+. 

If I was spending my own money on graphite iron shafts I would chose RT over Tour AD. The RT is an amazing shaft. They make ordinary irons, the KE4 MAX for example, feel good. Paired with a quality forged head they feel amazing.

Hope that helps!!

Edited by sl1111

16 minutes ago, sl1111 said:

To the TS4 Vs TE+ question...… The TS4 is forgiving enough, especially in the 7-PW range  to justify playing them. I like the more traditional lofts of the TS4 and liked the launch window a bit more. The feel of the TS4 is really good, like addicting good! I would probably only go 7-PW and blend with TE+ long irons.  The second part of the answer is I am a golf equipment OCD mental midget. Most likely will regret it the day after I build them and wish I would of gone TE. Best answer is I prefer the launch and spin of the TS4. 

Shaft question... The KE4 MAX, TS4, TS3, and TE+ are all on loan to me for testing. The owner/builder is a rep for Xcaliber and these were the shafts that came installed from him. They are his demo clubs. He has supplied me shafts in the past and I have played the RT 95 in the past. The 105 was not available when I used the shafts in the past.

I own the set of TS1-IM 4-GW and they are shafted with the Score LT. Also not my preferred shaft but they were good enough for what I wanted to do with the set since they came built when I bought them. I have a set of Tour AD 95 pulls I was not using and felt comparing the Score LT to the RT 105 was not a fair comparison. I pulled the Score LT out of my 7 iron and installed the Tour AD 95 to try to be more comparable to the RT 105. I would say the RT and the Tour AD are comparable but not the same. Both are very stable and do not compare to traditional graphite iron shafts. The Tour AD felt more like the RT 105 than the the Score LT did, if that makes sense.

If someone offered me any of the above components for free my choices would be TS4 with RT 105 S+. 

If I was spending my own money on graphite iron shafts I would chose RT over Tour AD. The RT is an amazing shaft. They make ordinary irons, the KE4 MAX for example, feel good. Paired with a quality forged head they feel amazing.

Hope that helps!!

Absolutely helps, thank you!  In your book, then, the TE+ is more forgiving than the TS4, if I'm reading that right.  I was thinking possibly a blended set, but I love the look of the TE+ so much (which genuinely is a surprise to me) that a full set feels "right".  The DBM head with the RT's would look...FIRE, in my book.  

Again, super appreciate your time!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

Absolutely helps, thank you!  In your book, then, the TE+ is more forgiving than the TS4, if I'm reading that right.  I was thinking possibly a blended set, but I love the look of the TE+ so much (which genuinely is a surprise to me) that a full set feels "right".  The DBM head with the RT's would look...FIRE, in my book.  

Again, super appreciate your time!

I only have 7 irons to compare but would say the TE+ is more forgiving. I would expect that to hold true in the longer irons for sure due to the perimeter weighting of the TE+. 
I have always struggled with the term soft when discussing forging. A forging can feel soft yet solid (powerful thud) at the same time. The TS4 is solid. The TE+ has that cavity back forged softness. The TS3 feels like a marshmallow. 
The DBM with RT is an amazing looking combo. I tried to take some pics for you but can’t figure out a good way to capture the look appropriately, but it looks really good. Ignore the ferrule, it hasn’t been turned down. 

IMG_5198.jpeg

IMG_5223.jpeg

IMG_5222.jpeg

IMG_5221.jpeg

Edited by sl1111

On 3/23/2024 at 4:19 PM, Willie T said:

Thanks - as much as I tinker with clubs, building a set would be a pretty straight up deal.  Will mean coming to some decisions on head design, shafts, grips, etc.  Time to ponder the GolfWorks catalogue.  

Took the initial plunge for a "scoring iron" build - doing  8-9-Pw to compliment the Edel SMS 7i and soon to be arriving 6i.  Will be using TS-1 heads set up 1deg flat, will be using Apollo Acculite shafts R flex.  I am stoked about the build and will be posting here - pics of the build, etc.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

11 hours ago, Willie T said:

Took the initial plunge for a "scoring iron" build - doing  8-9-Pw to compliment the Edel SMS 7i and soon to be arriving 6i.  Will be using TS-1 heads set up 1deg flat, will be using Apollo Acculite shafts R flex.  I am stoked about the build and will be posting here - pics of the build, etc.  

11 hours ago, Willie T said:

hey, how are the Acculite shafts and what would you say they would be similar to?

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

1 hour ago, NCDuffer said:

hey, how are the Acculite shafts and what would you say they would be similar to?

This is a new shaft for me.  It will be part of the evaluation after build phase.  I chose them as I am looking for a lighter weight shaft.  I really like the KBS Tour Lite 95 R in my Edel SMS 7i….gonna be a fun build and test…

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2024 at 10:54 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

On 4/12/2024 at 12:50 PM, azstu324 said:

I've actually got the shafts now. I first played them in a set of Cleveland TA-1 MB's, then in a set of Callaway RAZR X MB's, and finally in my prior OG TS1's. They were upgrade shafts for quite a few pro model type irons from the 60's through mid 2k's.  It's a company that isn't in business any more but you can find uncut tour truck sets around the web if you know what you're looking for. 

It's a company called Royal Precision..I think they were maybe bought out by TT/Project X in the mid 2k's but discontinued the process of these particular shafts because of the cost and labor involved in making them. These are the FCM Rifle 6.5's. Not to be confused or associated with PX 6.5 rebar shafts. These things are absolute butter but extremely stable and consistent. 

If anybody likes historical, low production videos with generic 80's jazz music in the background, here's a rabbit hole find for ya 😜

Someone needed to tell him to put the pen away. Otherwise very interesting.

Edited by GT1885
aded wrong quote

Changes by the month. 🙂

On 4/30/2024 at 9:21 PM, sl1111 said:

My impressions so far:

Maltby 3.jpg

Maltby 7 irons.jpg

Rapid Taper.jpg

Very interesting quote. I've been playing TE Forged for about two years and like them alot. I'm 67 and am getting into the twilight of my playing days, plus I'm an inveterate golf club tinkerer. I bought a TE V4 and TS3 7 iron heads to try a few weeks ago because I'm wanting new irons that have modern lofts. They both feel terrific. I have a TS1 IM head coming today to try out also. I might end up getting those IM heads from you if they are still around in a couple of weeks after I try the 7 iron.

I've played so many different irons in the 40+ years I've been playing golf and I've now come to the conclusion that Maltby irons are an extremely good value (except for resell).

Changes by the month. 🙂

1 hour ago, GT1885 said:

Very interesting quote. I've been playing TE Forged for about two years and like them alot. I'm 67 and am getting into the twilight of my playing days, plus I'm an inveterate golf club tinkerer. I bought a TE V4 and TS3 7 iron heads to try a few weeks ago because I'm wanting new irons that have modern lofts. They both feel terrific. I have a TS1 IM head coming today to try out also. I might end up getting those IM heads from you if they are still around in a couple of weeks after I try the 7 iron.

I've played so many different irons in the 40+ years I've been playing golf and I've now come to the conclusion that Maltby irons are an extremely good value (except for resell).

Fortunately the initial cost of Maltby equipment is affordable enough I don’t sweat the resale. It takes time, but I usually find someone who is familiar with the product and wants to try or experiment with them and will buy them. 
I really struggled with this comparison because all of the heads are really good and I could play all of them. The TS1-IM seems to be a great combo of all the heads and will work great for a wide range of players. 
I’m not actively trying to sell the TS1-IM set yet. I may be getting a full set of Demo TS4’s soon which should help my decision. 
If you decide you want these let me know and we can work something out. I’m not playing right now and only hitting on my sim and the occasional range session so I can sell at anytime. I’m not worried about not having a set of irons. 

Posted (edited)

I was able to meet up with my brother at the range today. He is a 5 index and has played the last version of the DBM Forged for the last 2 years. I built his irons with FST Pro 125 X flex. He wanted to compare his clubs to the new version as he was considering replacing his irons. He described the new version as not much different, but refined. He said they felt a little softer on miss hits and could tell the deeper cavity and added perimeter weighting helped with forgiveness. Not a real scientific comparison as the new version has the Rapid Taper 105 S+  and was much smoother then his X flex FST. He didn’t feel enough difference to make an immediate switch but said he would consider the new version if he was going to switch. 
here are some comparison pics. The deeper cavity stands out to me, but not much difference. Apologies for not capturing a top line pic, but they are very similar if not identical. 

IMG_5232.jpeg

IMG_5233.jpeg

IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5235.jpeg

IMG_5236.jpeg

Edited by sl1111

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

My order for a  Maltby KE4 TC IST 5w shipped!!!!  I can't wait to get it out and see how it fits in my bag.  At 17* it should be perfect for my current 4w spot after driver.  

In case anyone wonders what an actual rabbit hole looks like, here ya go.

image.png.14ae09013ea2ff157cf0c4cf008013dd.png

Be careful, it's deep. 😄

I'll tell you one thing that shocked me - T150. Basically the same MPF as the T200, 0211, and the Takomo 101s. Love seeing the T350 that high, as they're higher on my list than some of the others.

17 hours ago, Shrek74 said:

In case anyone wonders what an actual rabbit hole looks like, here ya go.

image.png.14ae09013ea2ff157cf0c4cf008013dd.png

Be careful, it's deep. 😄

I'll tell you one thing that shocked me - T150. Basically the same MPF as the T200, 0211, and the Takomo 101s. Love seeing the T350 that high, as they're higher on my list than some of the others.

LOL!!! I have a very similar spreadsheet; nice to know I'm not alone. I also threw in irons I've owned, and loved, going back a # of years. Some have a relatively low MPF and I wonder how found them forgiving at all.  Others like the old Callaway X-14, 16 and -18 Pro maybe should be resurrected.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 4w

Callaway Rogue X 5h

Taylormade P770 6-PW

Callaway MD5 52, 56, 50

Toulon Las Vegas H7

18 minutes ago, KCEE said:

LOL!!! I have a very similar spreadsheet; nice to know I'm not alone. I also threw in irons I've owned, and loved, going back a # of years. Some have a relatively low MPF and I wonder how found them forgiving at all.  Others like the old Callaway X-14, 16 and -18 Pro maybe should be resurrected.

Here are two more out of the 6 or 7 worksheets in the same spreadsheet, if it shows just deep this rabbit hole goes. 😄

image.png.ae45f6c04505cd49e328c8567fc3a5ae.png

Screenshot2024-05-10082724.png.e20ed45ac14b0173ed9c7e3d1ddc3530.png

It's deep, really deep. And this isn't even the last 2 ball test spreadsheets with with custom filters and everything. 😄

20 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Here are two more out of the 6 or 7 worksheets in the same spreadsheet, if it shows just deep this rabbit hole goes. 😄

image.png.ae45f6c04505cd49e328c8567fc3a5ae.png

Screenshot2024-05-10082724.png.e20ed45ac14b0173ed9c7e3d1ddc3530.png

It's deep, really deep. And this isn't even the last 2 ball test spreadsheets with with custom filters and everything. 😄

Oh yeah you are diving deeper looking at Offset. I just listed irons I liked and didn't like with some of the specs from Maltby in comparison to the newer Maltby irons. It has been interesting and I can see why I probably didn't love some irons. Still trying to figure out if I should test the TS4 or TE+ or just go with either TS3 or TS1-IM. 

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 4w

Callaway Rogue X 5h

Taylormade P770 6-PW

Callaway MD5 52, 56, 50

Toulon Las Vegas H7