Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I get what you mean by leaving full shots into the green, the plan was to leave 100 yard shots on each green, but the best laid plans went off the window pretty quickly. 

Yeah, I looked back at the round this afternoon and there was something like five holes where I had to hit a pitching wedge somewhere between 35-85 yards, and it just killed me. Chipping is one thing, but getting that pitching wedge to stop without much height on it was a real pain.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

Sure, this meme was used already in this thread, and I'm not the only one who wanted to use it... But you know what... Hello Fellow Spies and welcome to my #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 Intro! 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, edingc said:

Yeah, I looked back at the round this afternoon and there was something like five holes where I had to hit a pitching wedge somewhere between 35-85 yards, and it just killed me. Chipping is one thing, but getting that pitching wedge to stop without much height on it was a real pain.

I ended up with 6 less than pitching wedge approach shots, those were brutal, I'm sure the next few rounds, I will be shooting on the 100s, but it is all good. 

• Like 4

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

And to clarify, I "loved" your post not because I'm delighting in your struggles, but because I'm genuinely sympathizing. That's the first time I've played "old guy golf," playing the ball low on the ground over and over.

I'm not planning to do that again anytime soon.

Hole 12 was a great example. 145-150 yard par three with a narrow chute between trees. I hit a bad 9 iron from the tee that clipped a couple and sat down in heavy rough about 20 yards short of the green. No way I could flop it, so I tried to bump and run onto a very fast green and it just got swallowed up by the rough about a yard short of the fringe.

Not to say I'd have saved par with my 58, but I sure could have put some height on the ball and cleared all of the rough easily.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 11.3 (Last Updated Oct. 9, 2020)

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW: :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°: :cobra-small: Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / :srixon-small: Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Hole 12 was a great example. 145-150 yard par three with a narrow chute between trees. I hit a bad 9 iron from the tee that clipped a couple and sat down in heavy rough about 20 yards short of the green. No way I could flop it, so I tried to bump and run onto a very fast green and it just got swallowed up by the rough about a yard short of the fringe.

Not to say I'd have saved par with my 58, but I sure could have put some height on the ball and cleared all of the rough easily

It's a totally different game without those speciality wedges but its a skill we should all still practice. Many a time the little chip and run would be the best option but we let ego get in the way

• Like 7

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

41 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

It's a totally different game without those speciality wedges but its a skill we should all still practice. Many a time the little chip and run would be the best option but we let ego get in the way

I chip and run often with my specialty wedges, I just don't know how to get the dang ball to stop the same way with my irons.

It is a serious skill that takes lots of practice and can come in handy in certain situations.

• Like 5

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

12 minutes ago, palvord said:

@daviddvm - the results are in!

My handicap according to GHIN before the round was 13.0. My round was played at Beacon Hill GC in Commerce Township, MI. I played from the blue tees which measure 6324yds. Course rating is 69.3 and slope is 132.

IMG-2020.jpg.e7ce0ab73b7b5977e7bde6882a601bd5.jpg

Since I don't carry a hybrid, my longest club is my 5i. I exclusively used it off the tee where I would normally have used my driver. This really had me playing from different parts of the course, which was a good thing. I honestly didn't have to think on the tee box at all. I felt incredibly confident that I wouldn't miss in dangerous areas, where my driver brings more danger into play. 

Where the challenge really challenges you is missing the wedges from your bag. I spend the majority of my practice time with my 52, 56, and 60 wedges working on various shots from 90yds and in. Having irons only really put a premium on hitting the green with your approach shot, or missing in a place where you could bump and run along the fairway entrance to the green, rather than needing to carry any rough. I have no idea how to stop a bump and run with any of my irons.

I was really pleased with my round today. 

IMG-2023.jpg.c97f8435710e700d88cc516534a2fe86.jpg

Having double bogey's on two par 5's really hurt. The first one came from a bad chip attempt with my 7i, where I normally would have used my 60*

The other came from hitting a ball into the water trying to reach the green in regulation after hitting a less than stellar tee shot, and a not great second shot. 

It's really difficult to be upset with an 83 considering I don't believe I broke 90 in any of the challenges last season. My golf game is certainly in a better place this season than last, and it is really nice to confirm what I said last year. These F9's are legit!

Hopefully with the creative accounting that goes on to calculate our MGS totals, I can defeat @daviddvm. But for know, he can rest easy knowing he clipped me on Gross score.

Nice shooting! Totally different game this week and was very fun!

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, edingc said:

Not to say I'd have saved par with my 58, but I sure could have put some height on the ball and cleared all of the rough easily.

The lofted wedges were definitely missed a lot today. 

So much more comfortable with those than the bump and runs. 

• Like 2

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Well I wasn't here to watch it play out, but Week 3 sure seemed like an interesting one. Hope you guys enjoyed the challenge. Here's how our testers' CCNet scores finished up:

@B.Boston - 71
@daviddvm - 68
@edingc - 79.1
@GB13 - 71.3
@Headhammer - 73.4

It was a tightly contested week. Although I know our competitors could do better, they're collectively SPANKING you challengers. Step your game up! I'm not going to finalize the members challenge yet because I want to give @HeathS16 @toehold57 and @yungkory a chance to give me the data I need. You guys have until 6pm EST tomorrow or else you're counted out of this drawing.

Updating the chart for weeks 2 and 3. @B.Boston is leading the way with stellar consistency while @daviddvm moves his way up thanks to the win leaving @Headhammer and @GB13 locked for third. @edingc we know you've got the social game, but it's time to start living up to that handicap!

Week3.png

Week 4 - Woods and Wedges a.k.a Bash it like Bryson

Competitors: Our competitors will be playing only woods and wedges this week and will be scored by the CCNet formula. This will give our guys a chance to try the outer edges of the bag they so badly missed last week. Time to feel what it's like to be Bryson out there bludgeoning golf courses. As usual, the competitors will decide which tees they play to maximize their chance of success. Let's get it on!

Fans: I know you guys can do better, so let's see it. To enter this week's drawing, challenge a competitor at the Bryson Bash style. Beat them, and gain 2 additional entries (total possible of 3). This week's drawing will be for a pair of Puma Golf Shoes.

Key Definitions:

• Woods: Any Driver, FW, Hy
  • Wedges: Higher loft than standard PW

Here we go again, let me just finish icing up my elbow. 

Also I've challenged all 5 although the only one that was on my skill level is @Headhammer.

Who can I challenge this week? 

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX
  • Like 4

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Well I wasn't here to watch it play out, but Week 3 sure seemed like an interesting one. Hope you guys enjoyed the challenge. Here's how our testers' CCNet scores finished up:

@B.Boston - 71
@daviddvm - 68
@edingc - 79.1
@GB13 - 71.3
@Headhammer - 73.4

It was a tightly contested week. Although I know our competitors could do better, they're collectively SPANKING you challengers. Step your game up! I'm not going to finalize the members challenge yet because I want to give @HeathS16 @toehold57 and @yungkory a chance to give me the data I need. You guys have until 6pm EST tomorrow or else you're counted out of this drawing.

Updating the chart for weeks 2 and 3. @B.Boston is leading the way with stellar consistency while @daviddvm moves his way up thanks to the win leaving @Headhammer and @GB13 locked for third. @edingc we know you've got the social game, but it's time to start living up to that handicap!

Week3.png

Competitors: Our competitors will be playing only woods and wedges this week and will be scored by the CCNet formula. This will give our guys a chance to try the outer edges of the bag they so badly missed last week. Time to feel what it's like to be Bryson out there bludgeoning golf courses. As usual, the competitors will decide which tees they play to maximize their chance of success. Let's get it on!

Fans: I know you guys can do better, so let's see it. To enter this week's drawing, challenge a competitor at the Bryson Bash style. Beat them, and gain 2 additional entries (total possible of 3). This week's drawing will be for a pair of Puma Golf Shoes. One Caveat, you must challenge a different competitor than you challenged last week.

Key Definitions:

The collective group of competitors right now:

0408BB75-369C-4B3F-A069-BBE495BCCC51.gif.2fce45bf8da9281fb10949eb9d984cea.gif

So who wants to go this week? Let’s bring the heat Challengers! 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

Ohh, this is so my week!! Bomb and Gouge baby!!!

• Like 6

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

This feels biased against the west coast! I just got home and cleaned up after filling in for [mention=72400]yungkory[/mention] against [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention]!
I came in as a reliever, and let’s just say this...
13BF21BD-D54E-40A8-866A-D8961B7D65DB.gif.44b1cf3a7cd26470c521de0053c70310.gif

Here’s the scorecard. 

FD834F56-8578-4E25-BD7E-5C8E14F5449C.jpeg.8de12ca5d5a5572a5a6798fef5c939a6.jpeg

Here’s the bag.
CA68ED4F-36FF-4E7D-B35B-D7B0333C6B79.jpeg.600255ea22099075a7a409e58e6fc7be.jpeg
HC 13.1
Played the whites, 70.5/124.
I think that works out to a net 70, though I could be wrong.
Credit where credit is due...I spend a lot of time with these two lovelies!
8E9A0CAA-C4B2-45E8-A146-51A10F22A4C8.jpeg.566158bc4a1a848313b6f7abd7f05a92.jpeg
7F5EA0FC-B1B3-44C8-B124-65ED78535586.jpeg.56761c832277d386023c2a4ca585e4fe.jpeg

Hell of a round man! We’ll have to see the official scoring from STUD but it’s a close one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

15 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Hell of a round man! We’ll have to see the official scoring from STUD but it’s a close one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I’ve been working hard on the short game and it came together today. It helps when you have zero penalties too!

• Like 6

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

@B.Boston - 71
@daviddvm - 68
@edingc - 79.1
@GB13 - 71.3
@Headhammer - 73.4

Week3.png

Fans: I know you guys can do better, so let's see it. To enter this week's drawing, challenge a competitor at the Bryson Bash style. Beat them, and gain 2 additional entries (total possible of 3). This week's drawing will be for a pair of Puma Golf Shoes. One Caveat, you must challenge a different competitor than you challenged last week.

Key Definitions:

Wasn't able to get a time this week, but it wouldn't have mattered because it rained, and I had to get a tire patched for the mother in law because she caught a bolt in her tire. I didn't pull it out obviously, but it was a hex head and I'm pretty sure the end wouldn't have been pointy, and would've required a nut to secure something in place. How does that even penetrate a tire?

Anyways, is this challenge limited to 18-hole rounds? It still doesn't specify!

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

3 hours ago, B.Boston said:

The collective group of competitors right now:

0408BB75-369C-4B3F-A069-BBE495BCCC51.gif.2fce45bf8da9281fb10949eb9d984cea.gif

So who wants to go this week? Let’s bring the heat Challengers! 

I didn't want to do this with you being a fellow Pats fan, but you left me no choice!  You think you can take on one of the Motore X testers?!  

@GolfSpy STUDque - we able to submit a 9 hole round?  I can squeeze 9 in tomorrow after work, but I'm looking at rain all week.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

Anyways, is this challenge limited to 18-hole rounds? It still doesn't specify!

2 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

@GolfSpy STUDque - we able to submit a 9 hole round?  I can squeeze 9 in tomorrow after work, but I'm looking at rain all week.

18 hole rounds only. Sorry but gotta do it. You can split the round up over a few days if you’d like, but we need a full 18 hole score on the same course/tees. 

• Like 7

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

47 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

18 hole rounds only. Sorry but gotta do it. You can split the round up over a few days if you’d like, but we need a full 18 hole score on the same course/tees. 

10-4 loud and clear bossman

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS