Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

28 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Do the clubs seem to have a wider sole?

No, my I200’s sole was definitely wider, I’m guessing they have a higher bounce. I’ll post a pic comparing soles tonight.

• Like 4

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

Sure, this meme was used already in this thread, and I'm not the only one who wanted to use it... But you know what... Hello Fellow Spies and welcome to my #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 Intro! 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

How can there be no hole from the day before?  I’ve never seen that. I’ve seen flags missing or down. Uncut greens. But never no hole...

But what do they do at that course - fill the holes from a sod farm at night and recut them in the morning?  Must be a pretty fancy club...

So fancy they won't let people who eat at Waffle House through the front gate!🤣 I've never seen that before either, which is why I asked for a ruling here. In their defense, they let me go out a half hour before the course officially opens. I got off at 7:30 and was done at 9:39, would've finished sooner if I didn't have to wait for them to roll the greens & cut new holes on the back nine.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Okay, after @B.Boston ruling I added 2 putts to the No-Hole hole. Rating/Slope is 69.4/117 at 6,000 yards. Could have been better, if I didn't hit into a steep bunker on 18 and took a few swings to get out of it!

IMG_73361999FFEA-1.jpeg.8f394de3037e15af5aa0c1965c6e4b45.jpeg

• Like 7

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM 54* Versatile/60* Widelow

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

HCP:18

7 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Wow, that sounds bad. My mom works in an ICU and she said it was pretty scary here in MA when the surge was happening and then it was looking really good. But it seems like things are ticking up here as well. 

in the event that COVID prevents us from our competition I’m sure we can set up something for a later date! Even if it’s a side bet. 

image.gif.c9f6fa2c29e2c2e5a6333464744ab017.gif

shout out to the moss man

• Haha 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Okay, after [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] ruling I added 2 putts to the No-Hole hole. Rating/Slope is 69.4/117 at 6,000 yards. Could have been better, if I didn't hit into a steep bunker on 18 and took a few swings to get out of it!

Not sure that I need to be the official governing body. Perhaps when [mention]GolfSpy STUDque [/mention] is back he can give the MGS sanctioned answer. I was just going along the lines of what I’d expect be required of you for recording handicaps.

If you are unable to play a hole after satisfying a minimum number of homes for a 9 or 18 hole round you record those I played holes as par plus and strokes received for that hole. (At least I think that’s what it was under the old rules, not sure if that changed) and considering you were already on the green of a player is conceded a putt they are supposed to record their most likely score from that spot for handicap purposes.

I didn’t see anything that covers this situation so if anyone else knows hopefully they’ll chime in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

1 hour ago, Headhammer said:

Okay, after @B.Boston ruling I added 2 putts to the No-Hole hole. Rating/Slope is 69.4/117 at 6,000 yards. Could have been better, if I didn't hit into a steep bunker on 18 and took a few swings to get out of it!

The ruling is your most likely score or a net double bogey, whichever is lower. It falls under rule 3.3. USGA rules app is a life saver, everyone should have it!

• Like 5

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

12 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Alright so unless missed something (totally possible) I’ve only seen @Nunfa0 and his net 72 posted. 
What say you @xOldBenKenobiX (if you’re seriously challenging all of #CCC4)@yungkory and @mikeanthony?  You boys all playing this weekend?

the Target is set. Net 69. Bring your A game!

498C7236-8814-4225-B6A5-E9641BCFEF42.gif.f34c5e91ee11ed9e93c079092787202b.gif

#cuetheduckboats

So here is my sob story.  Played this past Tuesday in Bozeman at Bridger Creek.  Teamed up with a threesome and had a good round.  They only played the front nine.  Hooked up with a single on the back and, at the 12th hole, reached for my 56/12... empty slot...fudge!  Excused myself and headed back to the clubhouse.  While huffing my way back, I'm going over my previous shot sequences and conclude I used it last on #8 par 3.  Nothing at the clubhouse and none of the groups I spoke with in route back to #8 had seen/picked up.

Hiked back to #10 and played solo.  Used my UW as a substitute which didn't work out too bad but I was in a slow burn and lost focus.  Recorded a 46 with a shanked PW into #18 green that went into Bridger Creek. Still nothing at the clubhouse when I left. So here's what I think happened.  I brought my wedge onto #8 green and laid it down in line with my cart (I always do that).  However, one of the guys picked it up thinking it was theirs before I finished putting - and not seeing it there just didn't think about it.

Called the course Wednesday...nothing.  I recall two of the guys in the group saying they don't play that often and suspect it's in their bag and they don't know they have it... yet (at least I hope that's the case).  So, I found a near new/used Glide 2.0 56/12 SS and it is in route from MA and due next week.  First time I've ever lost a club...I'm usually the one making sure others aren't left behind.

So, if I get out today or tomorrow for a irons only round what are the chances of getting some pity strokes? 🙂

• Like 5
  • Off Topic 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

33 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

So here is my sob story.  Played this past Tuesday in Bozeman at Bridger Creek.  Teamed up with a threesome and had a good round.  They only played the front nine.  Hooked up with a single on the back and, at the 12th hole, reached for my 56/12... empty slot...fudge!  Excused myself and headed back to the clubhouse.  While huffing my way back, I'm going over my previous shot sequences and conclude I used it last on #8 par 3.  Nothing at the clubhouse and none of the groups I spoke with in route back to #8 had seen/picked up.

Hiked back to #10 and played solo.  Used my UW as a substitute which didn't work out too bad but I was in a slow burn and lost focus.  Recorded a 46 with a shanked PW into #18 green that went into Bridger Creek. Still nothing at the clubhouse when I left. So here's what I think happened.  I brought my wedge onto #8 green and laid it down in line with my cart (I always do that).  However, one of the guys picked it up thinking it was theirs before I finished putting - and not seeing it there just didn't think about it.

Called the course Wednesday...nothing.  I recall two of the guys in the group saying they don't play that often and suspect it's in their bag and they don't know they have it... yet (at least I hope that's the case).  So, I found a near new/used Glide 2.0 56/12 SS and it is in route from MA and due next week.  First time I've ever lost a club...I'm usually the one making sure others aren't left behind.

So, if I get out today or tomorrow for a irons only round what are the chances of getting some pity strokes? 🙂

Sorry you lost your club...but your lowest club in irons only this week is PW, no other wedges allowed.

• Like 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Sorry you lost your club...but your lowest club in irons only this week is PW, no other wedges allowed.

Damn, I can't win for losing.  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So, if I get out today or tomorrow for a irons only round what are the chances of getting some pity strokes? 

My condolences on the lost club.

But as [mention]daviddvm [/mention] mentioned we all felt like we lost our wedges this week.

No sympathy strokes for the challenge.

• Like 7

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

1 hour ago, edingc said:

Anyone who challenged me is looking good so far! 🤣 84 still stands as my best effort, with one more round to be played.

tempFileForShare_20200808-110304.jpg.f753fc5fcbba9fb56b4dc448d7bd3c4d.jpg

Just couldn't get going this morning, had a bad case of the hooks and was something like 10 or 11 over by the time I got to No. 8 tee. Tends to happen when you lose two balls on the first three holes, and 40 (!) putts didn't help any. Just an awful day on the greens again.

I did end up playing much better from hole 11 on, parred 11 (rare for me) after a nice tee shot with my 2 hybrid and birdied the 500-something yard par 5 No. 14 hole for the first time this year, going 2 hybrid, 6 iron layup in front of water, 8 iron, 1 putt. 

Also hit these two monsters off the tee with the 2 hybrid on 17 and 18. I think it's earning a spot in my bag post-challenge. 

IMG_20200808_111058.jpg.009ddaee471b58e2554fef662910eae5.jpg

You're trying too hard. Take some deep breaths, settle the nerves, and get yourself square for week 3 and the come from behind win 👍.

Reliability of breath by breath spirometry and relative flow-time ...

Dammit! I knew I should have stuck with the kid 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, edingc said:

Anyone who challenged me is looking good so far! 🤣 84 still stands as my best effort, with one more round to be played.

tempFileForShare_20200808-110304.jpg.f753fc5fcbba9fb56b4dc448d7bd3c4d.jpg

Just couldn't get going this morning, had a bad case of the hooks and was something like 10 or 11 over by the time I got to No. 8 tee. Tends to happen when you lose two balls on the first three holes, and 40 (!) putts didn't help any. Just an awful day on the greens again.

I did end up playing much better from hole 11 on, parred 11 (rare for me) after a nice tee shot with my 2 hybrid and birdied the 500-something yard par 5 No. 14 hole for the first time this year, going 2 hybrid, 6 iron layup in front of water, 8 iron, 1 putt. 

Also hit these two monsters off the tee with the 2 hybrid on 17 and 18. I think it's earning a spot in my bag post-challenge. 

IMG_20200808_111058.jpg.009ddaee471b58e2554fef662910eae5.jpg

Good luck tomorrow Cody hit em straight and knock em down.

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

We are all crying about having nothing below wedge this week but imagine if you are one of those people who don't even have a set wedge, you have a Vokey 46 degree instead.

I would think that that club would be out too as it is not part of the set....

In a greenside bunker with a 9 iron, I would be happy with this result

giphy.gif

Just watching that makes me want to throw something LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Dammit! I knew I should have stuck with the kid 

Yes, yes you should've.

• Haha 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just now, MattF said:

Yes, yes you should've.

I wonder how many saw that? 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Wow, that sounds bad. My mom works in an ICU and she said it was pretty scary here in MA when the surge was happening and then it was looking really good. But it seems like things are ticking up here as well. 

in the event that COVID prevents us from our competition I’m sure we can set up something for a later date! Even if it’s a side bet. 

@B.Boston, please thank your mom for the work she does on the ICU, I can just imagine how hard and tiresome her days can be, with all that is going on. 

• Like 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

I ended up shooting the most satisfying 88 I can recall on the University of Illinois Orange Course, white tees (6638 yards) in 10-15 mph winds. Rating/slope 71.7/127.
UofIScorecard_1024x513.jpg.af175fa80d8a180070b15ac92d2a36e0.jpg
Clearly doesn't beat [mention=86024]daviddvm[/mention], but I'll take it. There were too many long par 4's that were 3H, 3H and still short of the green (and of course they all seemed to be into the wind). My current Arccos HC is 11.7 and my league handicap for 9 is an 8. It was a lot of fun, but mentally a tough round, everything was a grind, especially after I developed a case of the pull/hooks for a few holes. Here is a pic of the first tough chip I had to attempt with a PW. I barely missed left with a hard kick down the hill. Yes, that is the top of the flag you can barely see.
20200808_134017.jpg.d19d230e8437799adafb02cebbb4ff6f.jpg
Result was better than I would have thought.
20200808_134112.jpg.eb3dc870f6d4f40b0406bdd2a0d5818b.jpg
I avoided bunkers until 17, which was a disaster. Two attempts to get out ending up with a double.
The greens had a lot of slope to them, but I still managed to end up with 33 putts. In the pic below, the peak of the green was nearly 6 feet above my feet. I'm not a fan of using PW exclusively around the green, especially since I couldn't really practice, but it worked out ok. My chipping handicap was 18 today.
20200808_144206.jpg.641ea1d46c37c65c1a4a2a4ad21077f9.jpg

Nice round! Great pics and I’m glad you got a chance to take a swing at the single length man on here!

• Like 5

#cuetheduckboats