Our Sponsors

12 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hell if I know. I’m waiting for him to bust out that putter (name escapes me) that stands up on it’s own that John Smoltz was using...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This, the S7K....Golf Channel informercial special right after the Square Strike and GX7.  Although now it looks like there is another company called Bloodline that has one of these, with Ernie Els endorsing it?  And now we're off topic...

S7K.jpg

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell if I know. I’m waiting for him to bust out that putter (name escapes me) that stands up on it’s own that John Smoltz was using... Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sounds rather constipating to me.  That many protein shakes cannot be healthy.  I don't care what anyone says. Edit to add; Absolutely no fruits or vegetables unless those make up his "snacks whi

23 in SG putting. It's not his putting. His chipping on the other hand. (104) 🤮 And the funny thing is that this gets compounded by hitting the ball farther....  

Posted Images

Nobody, including Bryson, knows how this will play out over time.  We've never seen anyone at the highest levels of golf do this before.  The on-course results are interesting and intriguing but I don't believe it is sustainable.  I believe he will ultimately have injury issues.  It just depends on how long he can sustain this frame and play golf at the elite level his is currently playing before those injuries mount.  
Again, my opinion.  It may or may not be worth a s*** for anything!

I’m thinking along the same lines. It’s definitely interesting as an experiment from “the golf scientist” — but sustainable... for years? We’ll see.

I tend to think that fast massive gains are difficult on tendons and joints. And in golf, when the swing becomes too violent/explosive and not graceful enough, body parts will blow out. This is what happened to Tiger, in my opinion (and also according to others, such as Gary Player, for example—an early example of a golfer who was big on diet and physical fitness, with very specific convictions/theory about what an ideal golf physique is). Tiger was the best, bulked up to become better, it worked for a few years and then body parts started breaking down... the knee and back are obviously known but I’d bet he has issues we don’t know about too.

If Bryson stays on this path, I expect injuries in his not too distant future. His swing does not appear graceful to me, but explosive and violent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, bluesmandan76 said:

I’m thinking along the same lines. It’s definitely interesting as an experiment from “the golf scientist” — but sustainable... for years? We’ll see.

I tend to think that fast massive gains are difficult on tendons and joints. And in golf, when the swing becomes too violent/explosive and not graceful enough, body parts will blow out. This is what happened to Tiger, in my opinion (and also according to others, such as Gary Player, for example—an early example of a golfer who was big on diet and physical fitness, with very specific convictions/theory about what an ideal golf physique is). Tiger was the best, bulked up to become better, it worked for a few years and then body parts started breaking down... the knee and back are obviously known but I’d bet he has issues we don’t know about too.

If Bryson stays on this path, I expect injuries in his not too distant future. His swing does not appear graceful to me, but explosive and violent.

Bryson hasn’t said how much he planned to gain or to what ball speed he is trying to get to on the course so speculation about if it will hold up in the long run is putting the cart before the horse. What Bryson said is he wanted to be the longest driver on tour. He along with his team decided he needed to add mass, they developed a strategy and put a plan together to get there. He has achieved that so what he set out and accomplished that based on his distance stats so far. We need to see what goals he has for long term and to wait and see.

As for Tiger it wasn’t his bulking that caused his issues. In his own words it was the amount of running he did early on. He was running 30 miles a week and many times that was done in military boots so saying bulking caused his issues isn’t true.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'll have "4 fried chickens and dry white toast?   🤣

• Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I may get some "feedback" for this post, but this thread and the topic as a whole have me seriously considering adopting my own mini experiment come this offseason.  Living in Nebraska I'm not golfing in the winter months, save the occasional one-off odd weather day, but I'm very much contemplating starting a thread here, maybe mid-October, with the intent to add 10-15 pounds of (hopefully mostly) lean muscle and measuring any increases in swing speed.

A lot a caveats and nuances to the idea.  For starters, 10-15 pounds on a clean bulking diet and weight training with the intent of gaining a few mph, no a radical transformation.  I've been doing some sort of weight training for nearly 20 years now too, so this wouldn't be a starting from scratch kind of experiment and would be a bit limited by basic laws of diminishing returns.  (In other words, someone whose never touched weights or eaten for bulk  before could add 10-15 pounds of muscle far more easily than I could.)  But, I have access to the largest gym in the Department of Defense, a home gym, a dietitian and means to get solid before/during/after body composition and body fat measurements.  Form a golf swing perspective, I can continue SuperSpeed training, my GolfTec program drills, and OrangeWhip tempo training in order to "preserve" my golf swing.  I don't have a swing speed radar, but getting swing speed measured on a before/during/after basis would be easy enough as well.

Really really thinking about doing this, and running a thread on MGS as I go.

Dare I ask for thoughts/feedback?

• Like 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrid::tour-edge:CBX 119 3H, 18, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM7 54 S Grind, 58 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Go for it. Definitely would be interested in seeing how things go for you if you do take it on.

I may get some "feedback" for this post, but this thread and the topic as a whole have me seriously considering adopting my own mini experiment come this offseason.  Living in Nebraska I'm not golfing in the winter months, save the occasional one-off odd weather day, but I'm very much contemplating starting a thread here, maybe mid-October, with the intent to add 10-15 pounds of (hopefully mostly) lean muscle and measuring any increases in swing speed.
A lot a caveats and nuances to the idea.  For starters, 10-15 pounds on a clean bulking diet and weight training with the intent of gaining a few mph, no a radical transformation.  I've been doing some sort of weight training for nearly 20 years now too, so this wouldn't be a starting from scratch kind of experiment and would be a bit limited by basic laws of diminishing returns.  (In other words, someone whose never touched weights or eaten for bulk  before could add 10-15 pounds of muscle far more easily than I could.)  But, I have access to the largest gym in the Department of Defense, a home gym, a dietitian and means to get solid before/during/after body composition and body fat measurements.  Form a golf swing perspective, I can continue SuperSpeed training, my GolfTec program drills, and OrangeWhip tempo training in order to "preserve" my golf swing.  I don't have a swing speed radar, but getting swing speed measured on a before/during/after basis would be easy enough as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sounds like a good idea. I've been following a golf strength program for the past few months and it has been helping me with on the course results. 

I used to be into weight lifting pretty seriously about 10 years ago, but then I had quit for a while. The problem with my weight lifting back then though was it was always focused on "show" muscles, not on functional strength (i.e. leg workouts weren't important to me back then). 

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

kind of taking over the broadcast, where they having nothing else to talk about. This might be unique in golf, but is routine in many other sports, especially where cardio conditioning is so important. Really hard to keep weight and prevent muscle loss if you are biking, running, swimming, etc every single day. Alot of high level athletes eat 4k - 7k calories a day. Let's talk more about the results of this and his speed and about his golf play rather than the shakes. We get it! Make jokes about the big guy eating alot. We get it! What goes in must come out. We get it!

I like Bryson. I like his approach to the game. He wants to win. Kevin Kisner kind of said it best and basically admitted that he is just playing golf. Kiz has a good life, travels the world, makes some darn good money. He obviously practices golf, but he has kids and a family that are priorities. Nothing wrong with that. That would be my mentality as well. But Byrson is on a different level. He is willing to do anything to improve. Maybe that hinders him from every settling into something but right now it is fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

I’m skeptical about his approach long term as I said before, but I have to say after this past weekend I am impressed by his “Moneyball” approach. Driver, wedge, hot putter wins today.

I’m trying to recall how often I’ve seen a guy win who normally has a balanced game, but then for a particular tournament he suddenly gets hot with the putter... seems like I hear that in the strokes gained commentary fairly often when watching. Bryson adapted to make it happen.... trying to be the best driver and the best putter, drive for show AND putt for dough! I see in his SG he’s a solid scrambler too.

• Like 1

I have issues with this strictly because they’re putting out that “this is a diet you can follow”. A) the average person cannot follow this strictly on the fact they won’t be able to put those calories to use and B) it’s not healthy anyway. Granted he probably gets variety day to day and this is probably 1 day if X amount of days. Either way ITs NOT A HEALTHY DIET.

i struggled (recently just broke the habit) after the military with lots of eating just because I could burn them but it was healthier eating.

moral of the story most of is most of us could never follow this and I think it’s haphazard to put it out as “be like Dechambeau eat like dechambeau”

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

18 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I have issues with this strictly because they’re putting out that “this is a diet you can follow”. A) the average person cannot follow this strictly on the fact they won’t be able to put those calories to use and B) it’s not healthy anyway. Granted he probably gets variety day to day and this is probably 1 day if X amount of days. Either way ITs NOT A HEALTHY DIET.

i struggled (recently just broke the habit) after the military with lots of eating just because I could burn them but it was healthier eating.

moral of the story most of is most of us could never follow this and I think it’s haphazard to put it out as “be like Dechambeau eat like dechambeau”

Who is promoting this as a diet anyone can follow. I watched a large portion of sundays coverage and part of Friday and Saturday and don’t recall anyone saying that anyone could do this.

I agree that most people shouldn’t because it puts them in a large calorie surplus and would gain lots of weight and mostly fat if they aren’t training or training properly to put the calories to use. It’s like many of the NFL lineman that drop a bunch of weight after their playing days. They were eating and trained for their needs.

Like Bryson working with a coach for calorie intake and training is better than picking an eating plan and trying to navigate it for best results 

The term healthier is misleading because food and calories are energy. Foods can be more nutrient dense than others but that doesn’t make one healthier than the other. There’s lots of approaches to daily eating from keto, flexible dieting or what many probably know as if it fits your macros, use of intermittent fasting...won’t get into all of that hear but for anyone interested look into Dr Layne Norton, Erik Helms, and others that have  published in the health and nutrition community. Dr. Norton cites lots of other studies in his posts on social media and YouTube. 

I know female physique and powerlifting athletes that eat more than some men and the 

He should probably think about a colonoscopy prior to age 50 😆.  Seriously, this thread made me chuckle... Bryson's become golfs version of Kim Kardashian.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

8 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Who is promoting this as a diet anyone can follow. I watched a large portion of sundays coverage and part of Friday and Saturday and don’t recall anyone saying that anyone could do this.

I agree that most people shouldn’t because it puts them in a large calorie surplus and would gain lots of weight and mostly fat if they aren’t training or training properly to put the calories to use. It’s like many of the NFL lineman that drop a bunch of weight after their playing days. They were eating and trained for their needs.

Like Bryson working with a coach for calorie intake and training is better than picking an eating plan and trying to navigate it for best results 

The term healthier is misleading because food and calories are energy. Foods can be more nutrient dense than others but that doesn’t make one healthier than the other. There’s lots of approaches to daily eating from keto, flexible dieting or what many probably know as if it fits your macros, use of intermittent fasting...won’t get into all of that hear but for anyone interested look into Dr Layne Norton, Erik Helms, and others that have  published in the health and nutrition community. Dr. Norton cites lots of other studies in his posts on social media and YouTube. 

I know female physique and powerlifting athletes that eat more than some men and the 

I didn’t say anyone said that it was healthy. I don’t even know where that excerpt is from. But your men’s health, golf digest and other outlets will use this and put it out as gospel. Utilizing the image of Bryson that this is how you can “be like”. Not Bryson’s fault and I would blame the person that believes that that’s a good diet to follow. I have my own thoughts on keto but as you said won’t get into that here. Colorful meals and proper intake.

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

16 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I didn’t say anyone said that it was healthy. I don’t even know where that excerpt is from. But your men’s health, golf digest and other outlets will use this and put it out as gospel. Utilizing the image of Bryson that this is how you can “be like”. Not Bryson’s fault and I would blame the person that believes that that’s a good diet to follow. I have my own thoughts on keto but as you said won’t get into that here. Colorful meals and proper intake.

The healthy part was related to your comment about your healthier eating.

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The healthy part was related to your comment about your healthier eating.

A lot of things would be healthier than that though it’s not misleading at all. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy my bacon and steak, and sure it probably works for him for now with a high metabolism and how often he is working out. But as a whole that diet regardless of how much you”re working out to burn off that “energy” that’s a high fat, high sodium diet.
its also  portrayed wrong Because it’s made to look like that’s all he eats which we as knowledgeable people (most of us anyway) know he isn’t eating that every day. 

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Bryson who?

IMG_0457.jpgIMG_0456.jpg

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Bryson who?

IMG_0457.jpgIMG_0456.jpg

That looks a little cleaner lol

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

That looks a little cleaner lol

Lol true. But there is still no way I could physically eat all of that in one day.

I have one three egg omelet or a bowl of oatmeal and I’m not hungry until like 1

• Haha 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Lol true. But there is still no way I could physically eat all of that in one day. emoji1785.png

I have one three egg omelet or a bowl of oatmeal and I’m not hungry until like 1

Man, I wish i could be full from 3 eggs or oatmeal. I ate a bowl of oatmeal with protein powder an hour and a half ago and am preventing myself from going to the fridge to look for more food. Ready for lunch and it's not even 7:30 AM 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Lol true. But there is still no way I could physically eat all of that in one day. emoji1785.png

image.gif.b3441e9bac6c8096eaab48231d5f1e57.gif

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt