Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bryson Impact on LPGA

Tarheelvolvo

Read a somewhat interesting article recently about the impact Bryson has had on the LPGA - indirectly, mind you, but an impact all the same. In an effort to combat the "distance problem" many tour organizes are lengthening all courses, including those on the LPGA and adversely impacting it's appeal to it's core audience. Pretty interesting read and curious what you guys think - should they shorten LPGA courses to make them more engaging to watch or is that pandering? If we don't shorten them, does that create a negative perception on the Ladies game since they can't reach Par 5's in 2 shots?

Lots to digest and would love your input!

Article: https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/03/16/lpga-golf-course-setups-womens-golf-pga-tour/

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

I had read the article last night and I didn’t interpret it as lpga courses being lengthened because Of Bryson but that lpga courses have been too long for a long period of time. This was
Based on comparing pga and lpga players hitting the same clubs and what distance players had into par 4s and 5s.

I think is shows how good the lpga players really are.

Unfortunately I don’t think changing course lengths and seeing lower scores will improve the appeal of women’s golf from a viewership perspective.

what attracts people to watch golf
Varies. Some want low scores, some want Bryson like distance, some want courses to play like they did 20 years ago, some want major like setups each week.

No matter what, I still thing the lpga is a better product than the men’s tours and wish they were more in the forefront and not relegated to off hour tape delayed coverage.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That was a good read and definitely brings to light a lot of issues. It also made me think about my own game and tee selection. I don't think I play tees that are too long for me, but it does make me question my attitude towards playing forward a set or two every once in a while. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

19 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

That was a good read and definitely brings to light a lot of issues. It also made me think about my own game and tee selection. I don't think I play tees that are too long for me, but it does make me question my attitude towards playing forward a set or two every once in a while. 

You mean you DON'T want to be a tough guy and hit it from the black Tee's and then score a triple bogey? 😉

In all seriousness, I'm right there with you. Given my current distance with the new driver I often think, "boy, I should back up!" but then I look at my scores and realize...nope, White/Blue is fine for me, haha.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Embodiment of golf. We have risk/reward on the PGA tour and want less of it, yet we want more of it on the LPGA tour. Just another nauseating take from the golf industry.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

29 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

You mean you DON'T want to be a tough guy and hit it from the black Tee's and then score a triple bogey? 😉

In all seriousness, I'm right there with you. Given my current distance with the new driver I often think, "boy, I should back up!" but then I look at my scores and realize...nope, White/Blue is fine for me, haha.

Lol. Honestly, I've never noticed much difference in scoring between the tees I play now and the next set up. However, on the rare occasion I do see a drop in score, I've always felt like I had to place an asterisk next to that round when really it doesn't matter at all. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

As someone who sees it first hand at the college level I think playing at distances that make sense for how far women hit the ball would make a lot of difference. At the high end it is not as big an issue but at the lower levels it could make a world of difference. It would lead to more participation on the womens side and more enjoyment period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app