Shaft Hack - The Otto Phlex Journey

azstu324

First session with LTDxMax with GPLB, 45A, 45.5, D1. Dialed it in after 5 shots fading a bit, not bad. I have to grip one knuckle stronger and ka-boom. It is amazing how stable this shaft is. Playing tomorrow and will work, as always on focusing, relaxing and tempo for 18……?

Two steps forwards one step back!

1 hour ago, BadgerRick said:

Holy crap, a lot of the long drive guys are using the TPT 21 hi shaft. 45 grams and 205 cpm's. We're talking guys swinging 150mph or so. That has to be a noodle, but when timed right, they're going 400 plus yards.

Safe to say that if I had the Bassara at a full uncut length of 46 inches it might very well have come in around that frequency.  The other thought that comes to mind is that the long drive folks, who must love to experiment to try and find advantages that keep them within the rules, have cracked the "secret Korean technology/Autoflex" mystery.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Ping G430 SFT 3 wood and Ping G430 HL 7 wood SR flex

Ping G430 4,5,6,7 hybrids  SR flex

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 8,9,P,G, SW irons   A Flex

Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge  A Flex

Cobra Nova putter

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Awesome quick write up on your first impression! VERY promising based on how mine and other's opening sessions went. It took probably a full session to get mostly acquainted with the feeling but it's not like it was  trying to figure out how to use the shaft so much as "wow, this feels different, but really good and is actually working!" And from there it just seems to get better and better. 

Can't wait to hear about your progression! 

Ok, a quick question for the thread.  How have you found going from the O-PH driver to say a standard shafted fairway wood?  I see several are moving their way through the fairways with O-PH shafts as well... but what kind of transition are you all experiencing when playing a round... hitting the driver from the tee, then needing a fairway... are you getting odd shot patterns because of the difference in shaft flex between the driver and the fairways.  I guess the same question for irons, but I'm really most concerned with fairways at the moment. 

I played 9 tonight - couldn't help it.. had to get the new shaft of the course to see what it could do.  First drive - beautiful bore through the hurting wind shot that left me in my familiar position for that hole.  fairway, 130 in. 9 iron approach, just short of the green.  2nd drive - straight left but hit well.  3rd drive a little block right into the trees, but good distance.  4th drive - snap hook left, but left an opening on a 3 shot par 5, so ended with par.  5th drive - block right, straight and good distance... into the trees.  6th drive - snap hook left of the trees.  7th drive - equaled the longest drive I have ever hit on this hole - nice tight draw around the corner of a dog leg left hole.  

So I had the left and right going - but when I timed it right, it was a thing of beauty. 

I didn't have an opportunity to hit a fairway wood, which is why I'm asking the question above...  I did hit a couple hybrids and they were both thin, but turned out ok.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Round 2 with the Graphalloy Prolaunch Blue. Does it go further?? Maybe a little. I hit everything high anyway, so this is not a surprise. Several guys hit it and gained at least 20 yards with an 8 degree TSI4 head. What I will tell you without a doubt, it has helped my golf swing immensely.  From 175, I almost holed 2 5 irons.  Shot my lowest round in months, even 72. I play an event this weekend and will probably use my Ventus. I did lose one drive to the right and made bogey. If you are not committed to the swing, it can go terribly wrong. Right now, I am going to use the shaft when I play in non-tournament events unless I get even more comfortable with it. I was going to add a 3 wood shaft, but my current white Tensei 70S in the Titleist TSI3 so working better than ever. 

I think this Otto Phlex experiment is an absolute success .. it is a swing aid that you can play with and might actually get into the bag. The $92 cost was well spent ... paid for over half of it today 🙂  I do think if I had gone with the Senior instead of the ladies 45, I might have been a bit happier. Dropping 3 flexes was maybe a bit too much. 

Thank you for everyone's input and suggestions. 

17 minutes ago, Kondo said:

Round 2 with the Graphalloy Prolaunch Blue. Does it go further?? Maybe a little. I hit everything high anyway, so this is not a surprise. Several guys hit it and gained at least 20 yards with an 8 degree TSI4 head. What I will tell you without a doubt, it has helped my golf swing immensely.  From 175, I almost holed 2 5 irons.  Shot my lowest round in months, even 72. I play an event this weekend and will probably use my Ventus. I did lose one drive to the right and made bogey. If you are not committed to the swing, it can go terribly wrong. Right now, I am going to use the shaft when I play in non-tournament events unless I get even more comfortable with it. I was going to add a 3 wood shaft, but my current white Tensei 70S in the Titleist TSI3 so working better than ever. 

I think this Otto Phlex experiment is an absolute success .. it is a swing aid that you can play with and might actually get into the bag. The $92 cost was well spent ... paid for over half of it today 🙂  I do think if I had gone with the Senior instead of the ladies 45, I might have been a bit happier. Dropping 3 flexes was maybe a bit too much. 

Thank you for everyone's input and suggestions. 

It would be interesting to hear how your tempo or swing from the OttoPhlex transfers to the Ventus. 

I mentioned earlier that if the OttoPhlex doesn't quite work for the course that it might be a great training aid that you can use to turn your own driver into a Lag Shot tempo trainer. Overall though it sounds like you're having a great time! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Ok, a quick question for the thread.  How have you found going from the O-PH driver to say a standard shafted fairway wood?  I see several are moving their way through the fairways with O-PH shafts as well... but what kind of transition are you all experiencing when playing a round... hitting the driver from the tee, then needing a fairway... are you getting odd shot patterns because of the difference in shaft flex between the driver and the fairways.  I guess the same question for irons, but I'm really most concerned with fairways at the moment. 

I played 9 tonight - couldn't help it.. had to get the new shaft of the course to see what it could do.  First drive - beautiful bore through the hurting wind shot that left me in my familiar position for that hole.  fairway, 130 in. 9 iron approach, just short of the green.  2nd drive - straight left but hit well.  3rd drive a little block right into the trees, but good distance.  4th drive - snap hook left, but left an opening on a 3 shot par 5, so ended with par.  5th drive - block right, straight and good distance... into the trees.  6th drive - snap hook left of the trees.  7th drive - equaled the longest drive I have ever hit on this hole - nice tight draw around the corner of a dog leg left hole.  

So I had the left and right going - but when I timed it right, it was a thing of beauty. 

I didn't have an opportunity to hit a fairway wood, which is why I'm asking the question above...  I did hit a couple hybrids and they were both thin, but turned out ok.

I think given that the driver shot is unique given the tee it's in a class of it's own.  I first did the otto phlex on my three wood and took it to the range before taking it to the course.  No problems but then again I have a slower swing (dammit) so it's possible that my swing doesn't have to adjust that much.  And I'm going from an A flex to L flex so again, not dropping two or three flexes.

First round with the driver and 3 wood having been switched over I did have occasion to use my 5 wood.  No worries, worked just fine and nothing was "different".

Too, I remember on of Bobby Jones quotes.  Odd in that I don't remember much in the quote department.  It was, as I recall, "you cannot swing a golf club too slowly" or words to that effect.  Particularly with the longer clubs in the bag I make an effort to take the time necessary for the backswing, such as it is, to complete.  And, moving forward, take the time necessary to not overswing or get "spinny" as I bring the club through the ball.

In short, tempo seems to be one of the keys, for me at least.

Does any of that make sense by way of trying to answer your question?

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

29 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

Does any of that make sense by way of trying to answer your question?

Perfect sense Bobbers.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

10 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Perfect sense Bobbers.  

In my initial experience with the O-PH in the bag - my irons had a bit of a different contact... maybe a bit lower on the face, lower trajectory, and left of intended target.  Now, that may have nothing to do with the new shaft in the bag... could be the fact that I have been pretty tied up at work all week, and the last time I was on the course was last Sunday... but still, it was noticeable.  I'm not complaining about it - though I was left of target... it wasn't miles left, and I hit 6 greens in 9 holes... the other three were one just short of the green, one was pin high in the left bunker, and the third hit the green (again left) and took a surprisingly big bounce to end up long and left in the first cut past the fringe.  This all prompted my question about fairways above... but it will just take some trial and error to understand what is coming out of the bag.  Two of the holes on the front 9 at my course (which I played last night), I normally use a 3 Wood off the tee - but because I was excited to test out the O-PH - I hit driver.  More to come as I find my way to the course this weekend... 

It happens to be a perfect time to test this driver/shaft combo... since I had to send my TSR3 back to Titleist for a replacement.  which is due back to me on Monday... not sure what I'm going to do when I get the TSR3 back... but the beauty is... I have the Titleist SureFit tipped PLB that I can pop into the TSR3 too... I love having the options!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I posted it in the what have you bought recently thread, but I have a ladies flex for a 3 wood. Although not a Otto Phlex Driver will be interesting to see in terms of 3 wood. It has a arccos grip to so I can more easily gauge performance. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

36 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I posted it in the what have you bought recently thread, but I have a ladies flex for a 3 wood. Although not a Otto Phlex Driver will be interesting to see in terms of 3 wood. It has a arccos grip to so I can more easily gauge performance. 

what is the length? is it men's 3wood length or shorter?

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Just now, Golfspy_TCB said:

what is the length? is it men's 3wood length or shorter?

mens length. Just a difference in flex. Even the grip is a good size. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

mens length. Just a difference in flex. Even the grip is a good size. 

oooooh... that has some potential.... $20 find right there!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've modified my 3 and 5 woods to O-PH and I'm seeing the same results as I'm seeing with the driver.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

Found a Cypher 4.0 (L Flex) for my PXG 0811XF.  It was about an inch short.

Removed the PXG Lamkin grip and on a whim tested the cpm of the shaft.  Turned out to be 204 cpm, pretty nice for using it to further explore the O-PH concept.

Added an extension and cut it to add an inch to the length of the club, taking it from 45 to 46 inches playing length.

Measured the cpm again after extending the shaft the additional inch.  Dropped from 204 to 197.  I plan to give it a test during my round tomorrow to see if that's still workable with my slow swing speed or if there's actually a "don't go below this number" waiting to be discovered.

More info after tomorrow's round, stay tuned...😁

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

9 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

Found a Cypher 4.0 (L Flex) for my PXG 0811XF.  It was about an inch short.

Removed the PXG Lamkin grip and on a whim tested the cpm of the shaft.  Turned out to be 204 cpm, pretty nice for using it to further explore the O-PH concept.

Added an extension and cut it to add an inch to the length of the club, taking it from 45 to 46 inches playing length.

Measured the cpm again after extending the shaft the additional inch.  Dropped from 204 to 197.  I plan to give it a test during my round tomorrow to see if that's still workable with my slow swing speed or if there's actually a "don't go below this number" waiting to be discovered.

More info after tomorrow's round, stay tuned...😁

Very interesting, I have a PXG 0211 Driver with a Cypher 40 gr 5, 45.5” long on its way to me.  It’s going up against my Titleist TSI2 driver Kuro Kage 50 gr .  
Looking forward to your findings. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The Supercharged is getting returned. I still replicated my strike pattern (toe side and low on the face). I seem to remember one of the TXG reviews that felt the Autoflex worked best for those who generally find middle of clubface, but needed more launch and ball speed. For those that the O-PH is working for, did you already have generally center strikes?

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

20 minutes ago, Rchang said:

The Supercharged is getting returned. I still replicated my strike pattern (toe side and low on the face). I seem to remember one of the TXG reviews that felt the Autoflex worked best for those who generally find middle of clubface, but needed more launch and ball speed. For those that the O-PH is working for, did you already have generally center strikes?

I don't hit it far but I do generally hit it center face.  Additionally, I tried a "Supercharged" PLB but had the worst results of any shaft I've played around with.  Sorry you had this experience.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

Finally got to try out my Otto Phlex. I have the Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (Senior Flex 45 inches) with my Ping 425 Max (swapped the 26 gram weight for a 20 gram) - the swing weight is D0. 
Today was in the 50’s and damp in NJ. The shaft I played all year was/is a Vents Blue 5S and my average with it is 270 (measured with my Garmin G80). I would say my average was around 270 despite the cooler weather (this was the 1st round I played that was cooler than the 70’s). I only hit 4/14 fairways, but did not hit anything near OB/woods- everything was playable, which is great since this course is very wooded and narrow in some spots. I hit one bomb that was on an uphill 400+ par 4- 260. That 260 yarder put me in a spot I’ve never been in on that hole. 
My miss was consistently left and the fact that I hit so few fairways cut down on my distance- hit a few real good ones that flew 240-245 but stayed in the rough- probably costing me 10-15 yards. The trajectory was a mix of high and mid boring shots, depending on tee height and where I put the weight. (I experimented with the neutral and draw settings most of the day) I really need to get on a launch monitor and compare it to my Ventus and play around with the loft as well. 
But I have to say I was shocked at the feel. When I first felt how loose it felt, I thought no way was I going to be able to swing this thing. As others have said, I am amazed how stable it feels in the downswing. I am also very impressed with how it limited my big misses. I will have to figure out the left miss, which isn’t hard when it’s one way. Thank this thread and especially @azstu324 for creating it so I could experience the Otto Phlex! 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

I posted this in the Week 4 Virtual MGS Forum Member Championship Tour thread, and since much of my day was relevant to this thread, I'm copying it here:

I was finally able to get out for 18 holes today (it has been a long week at work!!).  

It was also my first real test for the "Otto Phlex" shaft I had installed on Friday.  Played with my regular Sunday group, and the big story of the day was witnessing a Hole in One.  One of my playing partners - 74 years old, made his first ever Hole in One on the Par 3 11th hole - 165 yards... and we were able to watch it disappear into the hole.  Pretty exciting to witness it, I can't even imagine being the one who hit the shot (still waiting for my first).  +

The other big story of today's round for me was the performance of the TSi3 fitted with the Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue shaft in Ladies Flex.  Wow.  I was equal or farther to my familiar positions all day, and was equal to or farther than my whole group - which is abnormal for me.  I had several drives that ended in the 270+ range, and though wind aided... I really timed my swing well on the 18th Par 5, and hit the longest drive I have hit in the past 2 years... by far.  I ended up 321 yards, and had 205 into the green from the middle of the fairway.  That one drive alone was enough to convince me to consider the O-PH shaft for my day in/day out gamer, let alone all the other drives of the day which were 10-20 yards farther than normal.  This shaft really impressed me today...   The one mis-hit I had cost me a double, as I over cooked my drive into the left water guarding the fairway.  It was a well struck drive, I just pulled it a bit left, and it had draw spin so I took one bounce and it kicked left into the water.  My biggest concern with this flexible shaft was leaving everything right... but that is definitely not the case.  LOVE the ball flight and if anything - a shot I give up on will go left.  I can live with that.  Especially on my home course that has a lot of OB trouble on the right.  

I was in places on my course that I have never been before from the tee.  Simply impressive. 

Now I'm thinking about my fairway woods.... and my irons.... because the swing feels so un forced and easy... I am wondering if there is some advantage to gain from dropping 2 flexes in my irons (fairways have already had success in this thread).  

Anyone experimented with dropping 2 or 3 flexes in your irons?  I'm about ready to.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Played what might be the final round of the year today.  Temperature wasn't bad but the wind was between 18-30 mph for the entire day which isn't something I'm particularly fond of.

Used the Project X Cypher 40 in L flex in the driver.  'Twas magic, I tell  ya, magic.  Of the best kind so there's no misunderstanding.

Drives were consistently in the 180-190 range.  I know, I know, a lot of you hit your six iron that far but that, alas, is not me.  I'm 10-12% longer much more consistently with the O-PH concept being incorporated.

I handed the driver to one of my golfing buddies and told him "don't ask me any questions, just hit it".   He hits a Callaway Epic at 9 degrees with a regular flex shaft.  His drive with the O-PH was about ten yards further...

Next step, convert a hybrid.  The saga continues.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I posted this in the Week 4 Virtual MGS Forum Member Championship Tour thread, and since much of my day was relevant to this thread, I'm copying it here:

I was finally able to get out for 18 holes today (it has been a long week at work!!).  

It was also my first real test for the "Otto Phlex" shaft I had installed on Friday.  Played with my regular Sunday group, and the big story of the day was witnessing a Hole in One.  One of my playing partners - 74 years old, made his first ever Hole in One on the Par 3 11th hole - 165 yards... and we were able to watch it disappear into the hole.  Pretty exciting to witness it, I can't even imagine being the one who hit the shot (still waiting for my first).  +

The other big story of today's round for me was the performance of the TSi3 fitted with the Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue shaft in Ladies Flex.  Wow.  I was equal or farther to my familiar positions all day, and was equal to or farther than my whole group - which is abnormal for me.  I had several drives that ended in the 270+ range, and though wind aided... I really timed my swing well on the 18th Par 5, and hit the longest drive I have hit in the past 2 years... by far.  I ended up 321 yards, and had 205 into the green from the middle of the fairway.  That one drive alone was enough to convince me to consider the O-PH shaft for my day in/day out gamer, let alone all the other drives of the day which were 10-20 yards farther than normal.  This shaft really impressed me today...   The one mis-hit I had cost me a double, as I over cooked my drive into the left water guarding the fairway.  It was a well struck drive, I just pulled it a bit left, and it had draw spin so I took one bounce and it kicked left into the water.  My biggest concern with this flexible shaft was leaving everything right... but that is definitely not the case.  LOVE the ball flight and if anything - a shot I give up on will go left.  I can live with that.  Especially on my home course that has a lot of OB trouble on the right.  

I was in places on my course that I have never been before from the tee.  Simply impressive. 

Now I'm thinking about my fairway woods.... and my irons.... because the swing feels so un forced and easy... I am wondering if there is some advantage to gain from dropping 2 flexes in my irons (fairways have already had success in this thread).  

Anyone experimented with dropping 2 or 3 flexes in your irons?  I'm about ready to.

I just ordered three ProLite iron shafts in L flex.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

15 minutes ago, Bobbers said:

I just ordered three ProLite iron shafts in L flex.

Where did you source them Bobbers?

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Where did you source them Bobbers?

There's a gent on ebay who apparently was a club builder and is closing up shop and selling off inventory.  He had the usual inexpensive combo flex shafts, A/L, R/S but then I spied the Grafalloy ProLite shafts in L flex and, at $37 for three of them, including shipping, I couldn't say no.

Ping G430 Max 10.5*

Cobra Nova putter

On 10/11/2022 at 10:44 AM, erock9174 said:

2.  people have too fast of a tempo/Transition... and this combo helps slow them down?

Just catching up on some of the oldest posts... Anyway, not a great driver of the golf ball but for me it's #2 all the way!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Working my way back after knee surgery, and getting over a bad chest cold, so I’m still not swinging near 100 percent yet. These are some numbers from today. 297 carry on one on the sweet spot with only a 114 mph swing. Was getting it 117-119 but couldn’t find the middle that much. I tried both the PXG with the Riptide 40, and the Epic speed with the Graffaloy PLB, and the Grafalloy feels much better. Way more whip and snap to it. 

0C5115CC-7311-4EFE-A5D2-3ACDCC0228E5.jpeg

33976C81-92BE-4064-8266-ADDE74B8294E.jpeg

1 hour ago, BadgerRick said:

Working my way back after knee surgery, and getting over a bad chest cold, so I’m still not swinging near 100 percent yet. These are some numbers from today. 297 carry on one on the sweet spot with only a 114 mph swing. Was getting it 117-119 but couldn’t find the middle that much. I tried both the PXG with the Riptide 40, and the Epic speed with the Graffaloy PLB, and the Grafalloy feels much better. Way more whip and snap to it. 

0C5115CC-7311-4EFE-A5D2-3ACDCC0228E5.jpeg

33976C81-92BE-4064-8266-ADDE74B8294E.jpeg

Any thoughts on how the PLB might work in the PXG head?  I can't decide if I want to order one for my 0211 or my Cobra LTDX.  Played 18 today with the PXG 0211 A flex Riptide.  Plays fine, but not getting that whippy autoflex feel, nor that extra "kick" everyone talks about.  

I tried with both the 10 gram weight in and out, the Riptide has a mid flex point, whereas the PLB has a low flex point. I think that's key. There's just no real feel of a kick with the Riptide, just smooth. I'm going to get a PLB to put in there and see how that feels. It's crazy how nice the PLB feels, even when swinging around 117 or so.