The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

12 minutes ago, RichL85 said:

Good Monday morning to everyone. Trying to stay positive even though the work day has begun. I'm using a vacation day tomorrow to celebrate my oldest turning 10. When did I get so old and how is she 10 already?! Yesterday she baked some pumpkin brownies and I attempted to help by making a pumpkin salted caramel to put over the top of them. We ended up driving out to my wife's work and leaving them with her to share with her co-workers. I don't need that amount of sugar in my house. It looks like it should be a peaceful work day for me, but things can go sideways quickly in my line of work, so I'm not holding out much hope. The office A/C has been having trouble keeping up with the heat we are currently getting here so by the afternoon my office usually sitting around 85 degrees. That's usually my sign to wrap up anything that can't be done from literally anywhere else. 

Oh that reminds me of another event from my overly-complicated weekend. Noted in mid-afternoon Sunday that the temp inside the Casa was pushing 80 degrees. Looked at the thermostat and it somehow said "hold", meaning it wasn't going to cool until the hold disappeared. Poked around and found that ithe thermostat was programmed to shut off for several hours on Sunday afternoons; that had to be left over from before we moved in 12+ months ago, because I haven't screwed around with the thermostat since then (why it took 12 months to notice that, I have no idea). Fixed the programming and it still wasn't cooling. Went outside and the central unit wasn't on. Deduced that was probably a circuit breaker issue, and it was. After resetting the breaker, finally began to get some cold air. It took a while to get down from 79 to where we wanted it, but it finally got there.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Oh, Mom went home this morning. Specific source of bleeding not identified, at least to Dad. Other surgery-possible problem referred to her family doctor for monitoring.

On a lighter note, started officially packing for Scotland today since my gamer suitcase won't be needed for the one-night trip to Baltimore this weekend. Have to be selective for a carry-on suitcase for a 10-day trip; fortunately there is a washing machine in the cottage where I'm staying so I can pack for five days and wash stuff.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

31 minutes ago, snoopy79 said:

Morning all,

No golf this past weekend, but spent plenty of time hitting my foam balls over the yard. Mostly just chilled all weekend with the fam and friends. Tomorrow I fly out early to Orlando and then an afternoon tee time with the boss. Drinking lots of water starting now, and hoping the rain doesn't ruin our round. I know, foolish thinking on my part.

Anywho, back to the grind!

Have a great day spies!

Don’t forget to test your new fancy speaker on the flight! 😂

Congrats on the big US Open MGS win!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

51 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

Don’t forget to test your new fancy speaker on the flight! 😂

Congrats on the big US Open MGS win!

LOL that might be an adventure I don't want to embark on. Gonna leave it at home but will definitely be giving it a go in July!

Current WITB:

Driver:  Kirkland Signature, adj. 10.5 Evenflow Riptide-Stiff, w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges 48.10F, 54.10S, 60.08M

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: Vice Tour, or Vice Pro

default_benhogan-small.gif

4 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@MattWillGolf. Check and clear the strainer in the bottom.  Also, do a full empty cycle with a cup of vinegar, just throw it in the bottom, usually cleans the sensors from soap scum build up.

Thanks Rob, I will definitely give that a go.

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

Good  Morning!

Hope every Spy has a great week!

The pup started his week with a great walk with his friends!

IMG_8123.jpeg.bff571e3e964a49008392e5eb2eadc7e.jpeg

Who is the goodest boy? ☺️

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Who is the goodest boy? ☺️

Cooper is a great Golden…. Will run pretty far to get just one pet from another dog owner!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3  9.0  Autoflex 405x - Official Tester 2024

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  4 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged (Japan) 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Champions Choice Newport 2+ Button Back - 35”  /  Pistolini Plus

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current Club Sensor User

3 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

morning (afternoon) all...

joined my in-laws (early and mid 80's) for a tour of an assisted living facility near us this morning. they live in NJ and are [finally] realizing that it's time to move to a smaller place with more amenities. the place we visited was top notch -- so much so that there's a waiting list. we're hoping they move forward but they have lived in their home since 1977 so it will be a big big change for them.

working at the US Senior Open at Newport Country club Thurs-Sat and it looks like I will be a "spotter" for NBC ? anyhow - I'm looking forward to doing it and if anyone has even been a spotter I would love to hear about your experience.

Not sure I'll have time for any golf this week - maybe Sunday.

Congratulations on being selected as a spotter! All I know is what I've seen on tv.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@MattWillGolf. Check and clear the strainer in the bottom.  Also, do a full empty cycle with a cup of vinegar, just throw it in the bottom, usually cleans the sensors from soap scum build up.

There's also a product called Affresh which helps (there's also one for the washing machine). White wine vinegar is always a good kitchen cleaner!

But yeah the "smart" appliances are high maintenance - once a month I clean the washer, vacuum out the dryer exhaust port, and clean the coffee machine. Dishwasher only gets an occasional clean cycle (probably due). And then there's the ovens .... 😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

working at the US Senior Open at Newport Country club Thurs-Sat and it looks like I will be a "spotter" for NBC ? anyhow - I'm looking forward to doing it and if anyone has even been a spotter I would love to hear about your experience.

I was a spotter for college football many, many moons ago. I recall one set of announcers giving me grief on the air because my school was getting its butt kicked and my face betrayed my disappointment. But my job was to quickly recognize who was carrying the ball, or made the catch, or made a tackle, and point that out on a giant roster. Also occasionally handed notes to one of the announcers. I'm guessing a spotter in golf would have a similar task, know who is about to make their swing and point that out to the hole announcer.

Also did a lot of stats for televised sports, which was its own set of challenges. I learned to do math very quickly in my head because it was faster than punching up keys on a calculator.