Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The (VGA) Veterans Golf Association (Lacassem's Journey & Others)

1 hour ago, tricket3d said:

Didn’t play well again, but was playing with a guy who was a wounded warrior (missing eye). Was awesome to hear his story and kind of forgot I was playing in a golf tournament. 

Around these parts we call that having a great day!!!

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

1 hour ago, tricket3d said:

Didn’t play well again, but was playing with a guy who was a wounded warrior (missing eye). Was awesome to hear his story and kind of forgot I was playing in a golf tournament. 

Thats what its all about, getting out there and meeting new folks

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

12 hours ago, tricket3d said:

Yup, I can have a bad day but a bad day with good people who are still here is still a good day. Thanks for sharing.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

3 hours ago, Javs said:

I need to become active in the VGA. 

I find it to be enjoyable and challenging.  I guess, like anything else, the area and the people make it what it is.  With the way you are playing I wouldn't be surprised to see you qualified for Regionals your first season; but I am not sure what your regional Flight A competition is like, but hey, I qualified so I am sure you'd crush it.

6 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

I find it to be enjoyable and challenging.  I guess, like anything else, the area and the people make it what it is.  With the way you are playing I wouldn't be surprised to see you qualified for Regionals your first season; but I am not sure what your regional Flight A competition is like, but hey, I qualified so I am sure you'd crush it.

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!

Play like a champion today!

17 hours ago, Javs said:

I need to become active in the VGA. 

Yep, you probably do.

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

On 8/17/2023 at 10:56 AM, Shank Aaron said:

Yep, you probably do.

@Javs Definitely.  Overall we had a great weekend at Regionals in Utah.  Fun times with a great group.  I wish I had performed better, but the experience easily overshadowed the relatively mediocre performance.  Utah is frickin' beautiful.

Edited by Subdiver1
affirmation

29 minutes ago, Subdiver1 said:

@Javs Overall we had a great weekend at Regionals in Utah.  Fun times with a great group.  I wish I had performed better, but the experience easily overshadowed the relatively mediocre performance.  Utah is frickin' beautiful.

Thank you for the information. Glad you had a great time. Yes, Utah has awesome scenery. 

Play like a champion today!

Absolutely cannot WAIT for this!!!

StonyPointRyder.jpg.0ad569208101d04d6b12e068b8129194.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another post to recommend the VGA.  I live 2 hours from St Louis -- in close proximity to Kentucky and Missouri -- so I'm able to play in IL/MO/KY/IN VGA events.  I have a condo in Daytona Beach Shores where I keep a second bag filled with PXG 0211's so I get to play there too. (My son goes to school in Daytona and I didn't want to pay for a dorm)

I joined VGA in April 2023 and have already played in 14 events.  Ranked 10th in the state of IL, hoping for a top 16 regional Air Force ranking to get into the Armed Forces Cup this time next year.

The highlights are:

1) Showing up to a random golf course as a single golfer and feeling an immediate sense of camaraderie and belonging.  This is, quite frankly, the whole point of the VGA.

2) Playing some great courses in a semi-competitive manner that I would probably not have played.  I've played Copperhead at Innisbrook, Osage National, Tunica National and a couple of private clubs for a very reasonable rate.  I've registered for 14 tournaments in the coming season already, including Mossy Oak/Old Waverley (MS), and Amelia Island (FL).  If you search, you can find multi-round weekends at great places (like the Old Waverley trip). I'm already really looking forward to the Branson (MO) trip to play unbelievable Ozark golf.

3) Competition, even something "lite" like this, pushes me to practice with purpose.  I found Cogorno Golf (after reading MGS reviews) and have already made serious progress with his outrageous amount of content delivered in a fantastic method.

If you're considering joining, I'd highly recommend it.  Hope to see you there!

IMG_2734.jpeg

IMG_2783.jpeg

Edited by CharlieGrisham

Charlie Grisham

Driver:  PXG 0811*

3 Wood:  Callaway Razr Blk

Hybrids:  PXG 0311*

Irons:  PXG 0311XF*

Wedges:  PXG 0211*

Putter: PXG BATTLE READY II BAT ATTACK PUTTER

Ball:  Maxfli Tour X Max Alignment

Home Course: Hickory Ridge Carbondale IL

*PXG For Heroes-enabled.  It's a DEAL

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up after being paired as a solo with another solo veteran about a few weeks ago. I am by far not good at a 16 but after hearing about the courses that they play at in my state (IL) and other states. I knew I was going to sign up ....maybe for more selfish reasons as normally I would never be able to play at some of these private courses without a membership or as a guest. 

Signed up 5 days ago and registered for my first event which is this Thursday at Flossmoor Golf Club. I have wanted to play at this course for years!!! Honestly I am more stoked to play a bucket list course vs the competition. Hopefully the glizzy at the turn is on point!  

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 9.30.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 9.45.56 AM.png

Edited by BogeyBrigade

Welcome, bud. You're gonna love it here, they have t-shirts...

Jokes aside, skill level is completely irrelevant to the great times with great people I've experienced so far. At first, all I wanted to do was win. Now, it's so much more than petty things like that, unless you're one of those Space Force guys. Then forget this entire comment. 

7 minutes ago, Shank Aaron said:

Welcome, bud. You're gonna love it here, they have t-shirts...

Jokes aside, skill level is completely irrelevant to the great times with great people I've experienced so far. At first, all I wanted to do was win. Now, it's so much more than petty things like that, unless you're one of those Space Force guys. Then forget this entire comment. 

Glad to hear it because I am just more interested in meeting other golfers to play with and play golf courses that A. never have a chance to play without forking over big money 2. play top tier golf courses for cheap. 

I saw your FB post shared by VGA Central a little while back. You've had quite the season so far ! Bethpage Black is on my bucket list also. 

27 minutes ago, BogeyBrigade said:

Glad to hear it because I am just more interested in meeting other golfers to play with and play golf courses that A. never have a chance to play without forking over big money 2. play top tier golf courses for cheap. 

I saw your FB post shared by VGA Central a little while back. You've had quite the season so far ! Bethpage Black is on my bucket list also. 

It's been a great season in terms of company, courses played, and enjoyment with Bethpage Black being the obvious capstone. I didn't get to play half the events I was actually entered in. Apparently, life hasn't got the notice that this takes precedence. 

I have to say a big thank you to Lacassem again. I joined after his recommendation earlier this year. I have played in about 15 tournaments over the summer and enjoyed every one of them. Played in senior regionals, state championships and regular tournaments. I have made new friends and even recruited another person to join VGA. Looking forward to the 2024 season. If you are reading this and wondering if you should join, I highly recommend it. In the Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia, we have 2-3 day tournaments. Pennsylvania even did an Ironman tournament which included 5 rounds in 3 day (I think). Looking forward to Maryland VGA's three tournament Veterans Day weekend in Ocean City. 

PXG Driver, 3W, 25 & 28 Hybred, 6-9 Irons, Warbird Putter

Cleveland CBX2 52, 56, 60 wedges

I am so glad this thread took off for a few folks!

again I was on the fence for years and I only played in 1 tournament this 2023 season but it was great. Life happens so hopefully I can get into more 2024 season!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I was able to play twice in tournaments since my friend is the regional director in my area. I’m officially signed up now for 2024 and have my first event this Sunday. Looking forward to the season. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread - I just joined a few days ago and this came up on the first day of lurking through the forums. I checked out the VGA website, found out that my home course is hosting an event on October 1st, and registered immediately! I'm pumped to find out what the events are like, and hopefully will get to display some of my local course knowledge - like how deep the water is on 15, where not to go on 13, how playable the 2nd and 3rd fairways are when playing the other. Thanks again for putting this information out there!

image.png.e286091c36224156a5c4fe3675de0099.png

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

I joined with some friends earlier this year and we have been having a blast. One of the guys is now a regional director for the Tampa bay area here in Florida. Most of the events down here are either in Jacksonville, Miami or the panhandle. With over 40 courses in the Tampa area we are trying to grow the local region here. We did get the chance to play Copperhead this year and are looking to add a few more top courses like Lakewood ranch, Ocala national and others. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

I am so glad this thread took off for a few folks!
again I was on the fence for years and I only played in 1 tournament this 2023 season but it was great. Life happens so hopefully I can get into more 2024 season!
Thanks for firing up this thread lacassem!!

Sent from my Pixel Tablet using Tapatalk

Testing

That one has me intrigued I think it’s one I can make need to double check!
Fun track! Good challenge for sure. Also October 18th we have a tournament at Lebaron Hills CC. Phenomenal private track.

Sent from my Pixel Tablet using Tapatalk

Testing

You guys see this?

Screenshot_20230921_161448_Facebook.jpg

The New England VGA chapters are hosting their 3rd Annual New England Charity Classic October 17th at Pawtucket Country Club. This is a fantastic event at a phenomenal private track. The tournament is open to all.

Register via this link:

https://www.golfgenius.com/pages/9780896661541765209?fbclid=IwAR32D5pLjd0IcBFyZ34P39c9GAn4XVdYcDq_k2V09epgtfh-w6gaXTDrIqY42f5ddd1d9aa20c72e407d1f5f0fafc0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Testing

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU, VETERANS!!!

20230909_114144.jpg.4449db52ac82a3d66f0ef5a9e60cff53.jpg

To all in all the uniformed services thank you thank you thank you.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Happy Veterans Day brothers and sisters! Enjoy the day!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

• 3 weeks later...

Looking out to other states tournaments upcoming next year.

Fingers crossed I can get in on Bethpage (back to back days in June) and get a 3 stay stint in. This would be amazing if I can get onto the registration! Anyone else planning on making a trip to NY if they can?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Looking out to other states tournaments upcoming next year.

Fingers crossed I can get in on Bethpage (back to back days in June) and get a 3 stay stint in. This would be amazing if I can get onto the registration! Anyone else planning on making a trip to NY if they can?

Odds are not in my favor but that is something I'd like to try one of these years.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift