Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Golf Purchases Did You Make in 2023?

tony@CIC

If I added up *ALL* of my golf purchases in 2023, it would be an embarrassment.   I will stick to the high points.  I broke the shaft on my gamer driver (Srixon ZX7)  and had to find a replacement.   Ended up with the Ping G425 SFT.    I purchased a new Odyssey White Hot Double Wide putter in April.   I found a smoking hot deal on shoes from a major on-line retailer and purchased 2 pairs of Cobra Ignite Solelace spikeless shoes ($30 plus shipping!).  Love the comfort and traction.   I played about 130 rounds last year so comfortable shoes that grip are important.    I purchased a used 7W (Titleist 915F, $85).  It may be the best value in my bag.  It could literally replace everything I use (or could use) between my 3W and 7i.  What a versatile and dependable club!   I tested Vice Pro, Cut Red and Cut Gray DTC balls.   None have replaced my go-to (Callaway ERC).   I want to test the Snell Get Sum, but I need to wait for warmer weather.  

I purchased a Mizuno JPX21 6-hybrid to test as a 7-iron replacement.  I liked it, but I am back to my standard 7i in the bag, presently (Mizuno JPX21 Hot Metal).  

Last purchase of the year was golf course software for my SkyTrak.  I went with Creative Golf 3D-- the perpetual license.  I purchased the 1-year license, first.  But after about 10 days (and 20 simulator rounds), I realized I would definitely use the software.  The retailer refunded my original purchase, and I spent the extra $300 on the lifetime license.

The next thing I want to test is a 5-wood (replacing my Ping G425 3w).   I think I need the extra loft.   

I rarely buy brand new equipment.  But I "test" the he#@ out of anything used (lol).   

That was my 2023 year in review.   

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

12 minutes ago, saz0418 said:

I tested Vice Pro, Cut Red and Cut Gray DTC balls.   None have replaced my go-to (Callaway ERC).   

I almost purchased the ERCs as my first ball when I started playing a couple of months ago and went with the TaylorMade Soft Response in its stead. I still want to try them, just might have to now.

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
Typo*

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

51 minutes ago, BigMacQue said:

The Cut balls that I've used were all bought directly from Cut, and if had no issues with them at all. Given that the refinished ball market can be a bit of a scam, not sure I can hold Cut's decision to not honor a purchase made elsewhere when it comes to refunding or replacing balls. I hate to say it, but perhaps yours weren't really Cut's, or we're refinished Cut balls. 

My buddy buys his from Wal-Mart and has had no issue with them, which is why he brings them up to me, but I was weary as a "price may be too good to be true" point from the get-go. I personally have not used them myself but still, it is something to keep in mind.

WITB

1 hour ago, golfgame said:

Well, they start out offering Cut Gray or Blue as what they termed a courtesy.  I can't believe that Cut balls sold by Walmart, Amazon, or any other major source are anything other than new balls.

You're probably right about Walmart, but Amazon is a different animal:  you honestly don't know who you're buying from when you buy on Amazon.  It could be a guy in Punjab with a bucket of used, refinished balls.  I've been burned twice by an Amazon seller; it won't happen again.  I have bought only one golf related item through Amazon, my grandson broke his wedge and had a match coming up, so I found a retailer that sent me a Wilson over night.  I won't buy balls, gloves, even a push cart from an Amazon reseller.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

Two changes to the bag plus a change OF the bag this year.  I got the MGS version of the Jones Trouper bag early in 2023.  Late in the season i changed to a 10.5* G410 LST driver for a little more loft.  Even later in the season i was selected for the Edison wedge test.  The 53 and 57 replaced the gamers.   I ordered a 49 to complete the wedge set up at the end of December.  That club still hasn't been hit in the wild as the weather took a nose dive when i got it.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I have made entirely too many this year but the one that stands out the most is....

LAB Mezz putter. This thing is straight money. It may be the one club that I won't replace. My lag putting on long putts has been exceptional and short putts are automatic. It is literally point and shoot with it. The only thing I could ever see replacing it would be a Link putter to get the more blade look.

Driver: PXG Blackops 9* Graphite Design Tour VF 5x

Woods: Ping G425LST 3wd 14.5* tour VF 6x  Titleist TSI2 5wd 18* ventus blk 7X

3h: Titleist TS3 19*

5h: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 23*

Irons: P790 6-PW 

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM9  

Putter: Lab Mezz 

I sat down towards the end of the year and thought about things I needed/wanted for work in the offseason, as well as things that were just on sale and were of interest. I wrote out their costs once. Once. We won't speak of that again.

Here are the highlights:

I built a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS driver from a head and shaft I bought separately. I was fitted for the shaft and was taking a flier on the head hoping to get spin down and get some help on mishits. I think my driving got worse. Just lots of heel strikes and left pulls. Plus the spin stayed up and my driver was going what my 3w was going. So I scrapped that idea for another.

I got a Taylormade Stealth+ Rocket 3W at 13.5* and turned it down to 12.75*. I only got one round in before the season ended, but I had good dispersion on the 14 holes I used it on with a longest drive of 274 (rolling downhill aided) and an average farther than the driver by more than a little. We'll see how it stacks up in future fittings.

I got a LAB DF2.1 from their outlet during their holiday sale. It was more of a "let's see what this is all about" from the forum reviews and all the positive talk about them. I did the online fitting and got my specs, then just waited to find one in those specs at a price I was happy with. Luckily I did find one while the sale was on. So we'll see how it goes this season.

I picked up about 7 dozen Maxfli Tour, in yellow with various sales and discounts. I've played Maxfli for a few years now and have had good success with them. Now we'll see how the yellow goes with my Oakley prizm lenses designed to make the yellow pop. I also got a couple dozen OnCore Vero X1 in yellow to give them a go. Their ball tests were good and I've heard good things, plus they match up spec-wise with the Maxfli. So we'll see how that goes this season.

I picked up a few things for practicing in the garage here in the cold, snow, and wet.
First was the highly rated (by MGS) SwingTurf 5x5 hitting mat. I figure I can use the 1-piece mat and rotate it around the 4 sides until it wears out, then cut out an opening to put in a hitting strip and get more use out of it. I didn't want to skimp on the mat since I struggle with golfers elbow and a little tennis elbow.
Second was a Garmin R10. I wanted the swing/head details along with ball numbers as I work on my swing. It's something I was doing with my swing coach and we did focus on things like AoA, Swing Path, Face to Path, etc. Plus I needed spin numbers from the aforementioned driving woes.
I'm still looking for a net I can be comfortable hitting in the garage with. I think I've found one, but it's not cheap although it's not as expensive as others like it. So I just need to bite the bullet and get it so I can start working in the garage now that the polar vortex is about gone.

I picked up a new C-130 bag from Carl's Golfland. My Purdue cart bag has a solid lean going on, so it won't be able to continue much longer. It was on sale plus I had a little coupon, which made it a great deal (at least in my opinion). It was a couple year old model, but that didn't bother me. It was in the America color scheme I've been looking for and the price was right. Plus the C-130 has always been well reviewed.

I'm in the process of looking for new shoes. I found some ASICS Gel Glide's on sale, so one pair found. I ordered a couple more options that I'm waiting on now. So that's a 2023/2024 thing, but since it started in November I figured it should be mentioned.

I think that does it for 2023. 2024 may include new clubs all around for my 50th, but we'll see. I'll do a few fittings for sure to see what's out there, especially as I work on my swing.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Wow this is scary! I replaced everything in my bag including the bag except my driver. Srixon Z4 irons, Taylormade HiToe wedges, Ping hybrids, and an Odyssey Ten Armlock putter all siting in an Ogio Stabilize bag. Then I moved into a golf community and picked up an Evolution golf cart, Garmin r10 Approach launch monitor, and several boxes of balls. I suppose I could include the old king sized bed frame I bought at a thrift store that I used the angle iron in making the bag carriers off the back of the new cart.   Oh I also picked up a pair of Sketcher GoGolf shoes. These are like walking on air!

Edited by EnderinAZ
Forgot a point

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Since I just started golfing in November, I will just keep to the total to date but I am not going to add every single clothing item I purchased. Because it would be a novel long post on hats. Anyways:

Cleveland HB Soft 14 putter. I love this thing. The weight and feel is perfect for me and how I putt which is why the 14 was the option from Cleveland that worked perfectly. I tried most of the offerings from the HB Soft collection at Dick's and the 14 was the one. Next were the clubs. Now, when I started I had purchased a used set of Daiwas as a lot of you spies are aware, they have since been replaced with a set of Ram irons/wedges that I purchased for $50 on eBay (I recently saw them for a much higher price on, don't quote me, 2nd swing?) Anyways. I am happy with the clubs thus far, but they are already wearing really fast which was my expectation. Glovewise, I have tried the Titleist Soft Glove, a Callaway offering (my first) and the Mizuno tour glove (which fattened and shortened on my fairly quick). So I am still in the glove search. Balls: I purchased the TaylorMade Soft Response as my first ball, it was good but not great. Same games with the Wilson Duo Softs. I am wondering if maybe soft offerings aren't really my thing. Notable apparel purchases: Puma Waterproof Golf shoes, PGA Tour Apparel layering from Global golf, and I mentioned, hats, a lot of them.

Into 2024, we will just see what happens! 

WITB

New irons, woods, shoes, balls!!!!

I’m a 69 year old retired carpenter and part time employee of a golf course! I golf multiple times a week and play in a league and some tournaments and outings! Sixteen years ago I had my left shoulder replaced, it had an affect on my swing but it didn’t stop me from playing the greatest game on grass !!!!

In 2023 I did a putter fitting at Golf Galaxy and got fit into a Mizuno OMOI 03 (mallet).  I love the heavy feel.  Not 100% sure I won't upgrade to a slightly bigger pistol grip than the stock one at some point.  The fitting was a good experience and while I fully expected the fitter to put me in a solid gold Scotty or something even more expensive, the Mizuno felt the best to me and performed the best according to him.

I also just bought a 3 and 4 hybrid shafted in Project X Hazardous Smoke Black RDX from Sub70.  These will replace a PXG 0211 3w and 4h that were both shafted with Tensei blue stiff.  I felt like those shafts were slightly too flexible for me, and felt like I was flinging the ball instead of hitting it, so I took a chance on the hybrids by using a similar shaft to the one in my driver.  Haven't even swung the hybrids yet, can't wait to give them a go.

PXG Gen 5 9 degree driver, Sub70 949 3h and 4h, PXG Gen 4 5-W, PXG Forged 50, 54, 58, Mizuno M-Craft V putter, Sun Mountain Bag C150 bag, Vice Pro Plus

44 minutes ago, BigMacQue said:

You're probably right about Walmart, but Amazon is a different animal:  you honestly don't know who you're buying from when you buy on Amazon.  It could be a guy in Punjab with a bucket of used, refinished balls.  I've been burned twice by an Amazon seller; it won't happen again.  I have bought only one golf related item through Amazon, my grandson broke his wedge and had a match coming up, so I found a retailer that sent me a Wilson over night.  I won't buy balls, gloves, even a push cart from an Amazon reseller.

I never thought about that, they don't say who the seller is, I guess we just assume.  I wonder if there is a way to check that.

On 1/3/2024 at 7:58 AM, tony@CIC said:

We often think about our on- course performance when it comes to a review – this is a bit of a different twist. Here’s my commentary with a max positive rating of 5 thumbs up– on the golf stuff I bought this year – some good, some not so:

Shotscope X5: As an unofficial beta tester (sarcasm the other X5 users will understand), the X5 is finally a stable platform. It does everything I need it to and has numerous capabilities that I don’t currently utilize. FYI, I play the same 27 holes at our Club 90% of the time, so I don’t utilize distance to hazards, etc. I do use analytics to confirm improvement resulting from lessons/swing changes. Customer support is best in class, and enhancements to the app and desktop are great but the battery usage takes it down a notch. Not sure why anyone would utilize ARRCOS especially now with ShotScope CONNEX.  👍👍👍👍

Golf Balls: I’ve been a fan of DTC balls for quite a while, having been initially converted to Snell from the Titleist family. However, I did stray for a while in 2023 trying both retail and other DTC brands. Some of the brands included Bridgestone, Oncore, Maxfli, & Callaway, but I always seemed to come back to the Vice family. The performance is as good if not a bit better and you can’t beat the value proposition especially when they have their sales or free shipping promotions. My wife and I have tried Pro Plus, Pro, Pro Soft, Tour and Zero. We’re both convinced the Pro is the best for both of us – I get the neon green and she likes the green drip. Buying the same brand for the 5 pack discount really helps the budget. 👍👍👍👍👍

Golf Gloves: I started out 2023 with a couple of new FJ gloves, after all when you see a right-handed glove in a store you have to buy it – lefties will understand. They seem fine but in Fl summer golf, ya gotta have extra pairs. I tried a few other brands, including cheap ones (Wilson?) they were worse.  My son bought me a couple of Claw gloves thinking it would help since the back of the glove is mesh. Wow I sweated more in those Claw gloves then in my FJ’s. Then I discovered PGA Tour Superstore gloves – holy cow they had a great selection of gloves for lefties and 2 pack for $20. I’ve used them for the past 8 months, they wear well, stay soft and you can’t beat the price. 👍👍👍👍👍

Drivers: The past 2 years I’ve been a Taylormade fan. I’ve tried Callaway, Cobra, Titleist, and I was an Official tester for the 410 SFT in 2020. In 2021 I got fitted for a driver at Club Champion, at the time the SIM 2 MAX D was the best for distance and dispersion, but while I didn’t go for the CC price tag $900., I did eventually buy a slightly used SIM Max D at Global Golf for just over $300. When I got it, it turned out to be brand new and probably some retailer’s excess inventory. I love that driver and shaft combo (Fuji 49G Airspeeder R Flex). Much improved distance over the 410 but I really missed the sound of that Ping. This year I decided to pull the plug and buy the Stealth 2 (Fuji 50g Speeder NX Shaft R Flex) based on reviews for sound. I opted for the regular Stealth 2 since my normal swing path is a draw and I don’t need a draw biased driver. I picked up a few more yards and I love the sound. 👍👍👍👍👍

Hybrids: I’ve carried a Ping 410 22* and 26* both with Tensi Blue shafts for the past several years and love them – while they’re the worse for wear I don’t plan on parting with them. I had a 20 + yds gap between my 19* and my 14.5*  Radspeed 3 Wood so I pulled the plug on a Ping 425 19* recently with an Alta shaft. I’m not a fan of Alta shafts but so far the club has worked well for me and filled in the yardage gap. I’ll give it a tentative 👍👍👍👍

Wedges: This is the most disappointing purchase given the hype of Indi wedges. I love my short game and practice it all the time. My wedge bag profile is 52* RTX 3, 56* SM9 and a 60* Eye 2 Glide 3.0. I’m spot on with these wedges for distance and dispersion, but they were getting a bit worn and the thought of a little extra spin on the green tempted me to change.  Indi recommended Recoils since I’ve got Recoils on my irons. I’m all over the place with distance – I’ve practiced a lot to try and make them work – but it’s just not happening. BST? 👍👍 

Putters: While not a purchase (I was the MGS Official Tester 2023 for Zebra), it still deserves a commentary. My Zebra AIT4 has exceeded my expectations and will definitely stay in my bag. As I mentioned in my reviews, not sure it’s the putter or the initial confidence it inspired in me – it doesn’t matter, I putting exceptionally well with it! Read my review for additional details. Will my 2018 Odyssey O Works Black find its way to BST? Maybe 😁. But in the meantime, the Zebra is a definite👍👍👍👍👍

Shoes: I was a FJ fanboy and I still have 3 pairs. However, I discovered Addias Chaos spikeless with their larger nubs compared to the FJs on the sole and the Chaos have been exceptionally stable on wet slopes. So far, I’ve added 2 additional colors to my collection. My wife has a pair as well. A potential 5 but cleaning takes it down a notch (yes I am a bit fussy) 👍👍👍👍

Pants: PGATour SS 5 pocket long pants. Yup we do wear long pants (at least in winter) here in Florida. Love the slim design, lightweight fabric and the $40. Price tag. While not waterproof they do block the wind on those chilly 60* mornings. They could be as 5 if they sold the pants in a 29” inseam 👍👍👍👍

Grips: An MCC+4 user for years, I’ve switched up to CPX for all but my wedges. They feel slightly softer and seem to wear better than the MCC. When the CPX came out a couple of years ago, I had an ok experience with the nubs on the grips wearing off quickly on my Driver. GP must have been a bad batch because the replacement was fine and showed very little wear. I still have the MCC+4s on my wedges with 3 ½ wraps since I want a less tapered grip on them 👍👍👍👍👍

So, there you have it! Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the majority of my purchases. At same point I’ll probably upgrade the wedges to current models (SM10 for the 52 & 56 and latest Glide Eye 2) but everything else stays in the bag.

Hi all, 

2023 saw me buying an Aerojet driver, a PXG Gen 6 Driver, a BRNR Mini driver, Jupiter shafts, and Vero X2 golf balls. Here is how I rate my purchases: 

Aerojet: I bought the Aerojet when I injured my ankle during the season. It was a good driver, but a little too forgiving for my taste. I did put a Jupiter shaft (more on that in a second) in it and now is my second favorite driver behind my Ping 410 LST. When my drive is trash off the tee, I go to the Aerojet. I take it to tournaments in case I need to switch between rounds. My biggest complaint is distance. It's about 10-15 yards shorter than my Ping. But when I'm  struggling off the tee, it helps. All in all, 4 stars.

PXG driver: PXG drivers and I do not get along. I should never get in a relationship with them, but they're sexy and and I like PXG for most of their products. I have their irons and their putter and they are great. NOT the drivers! At least not for me. I am all over the place with them. Multiple shafts, including the Ventus shaft don't help. My son and daughter have benefitted from my ill-advised PXG driver purchases (multiple drivers have been purchased from Gen 3 to Gen 6) and they play them pretty good. Bottom line, I need to stop being attracted to PXG drivers. They do not work for me. 2 stars. 

BRNR Mini: The Mini driver is all TaylorMade claimed it is and more! I absolutely LOVE this club! The looks, the feel, the performance are beyond awesome! I can hit it off the tee, I can hit it off the fairway, I can hit it out of the rough. I recommend this club more than any other product I've purchased in the last 10 years. Put a TaylorMade hat and shirt on me. I am a bonified salesman for TaylorMade when it comes to this club. It is worth every penny! This club is 6 stars out of 5!!! Buy one!!!

Jupiter shafts: I am impressed! I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I have 4 Jupiter shafts now. I have one for my Aerojet, my Ping driver and 3 wood, and for my BRNR Mini. I don't use my 3 wood very often, and it isn't in my bag because of the BRNR (it's that good). I don't have it in my BRNR right now because I absolutely love the BRNR stock shaft. (that's saying a lot about the BRNR shaft) But I do have the Jupiter in both the Ping and Aerojet drivers. I am hitting the ball with more control and similar distance to the Xstiff stock shafts and the Jupiter shafts I bought are not Xstiff. I decided to go with stiff after my research. Again, pleasantly surprised. I have to give the Jupiter shafts 5 stars. They are good shafts. Just know, they are stiffer than your stock shafts. I would put a + after the flex when buying them.  

Finally, Vero X2 golf balls. OnCore makes these, and they are pretty good. I like them, but I don't love them. They do match my game, are long, firm, and do provide short game performance. I just don't think they out perform the Vero X1 or the Titleist Pro V lineup. I am on the fence with these balls. I have a couple dozen and will continue to play them, but I am seriously considering going back to the Vero X1 or Titleist Pro V balls. OnCore does have another ball that should be out this year, and I have tried that ball, but I wasn't WOW'ed by that ball. It was good, but again, OnCore hit a home run with the Vero X1. For me, I am leaning on staying with that ball. My rating for the Vero X2 is 3 stars. 

Those are my huge purchases for 2023. Happy Birdie Hunting!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

oh man...I know I'll forget something. if I'm not buying then I'm not breathing.... 🤣

driver: 
didn't buy but tested and no longer have Paradym
g425 max

woods:
g30 3+ wood
callaway UW
TourEdge hybrid

Irons:
XXIO X is what I ended up with but I bought 2 other sets and swapped them for these

Wedges:
Callaway RAW

Putter:
Cleveland Soft HB1

Grips:
A bunch 

Balls:
Maxfli Tour, Tour X

Shoes:
Skechers something or other

...shirts/hats/headcovers, etc....

Geez: I've got issues. 😬

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

8 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

oh man...I know I'll forget something. if I'm not buying then I'm not breathing.... 🤣

driver: 
didn't buy but tested and no longer have Paradym
g425 max

woods:
g30 3+ wood
callaway UW
TourEdge hybrid

Irons:
XXIO X is what I ended up with but I bought 2 other sets and swapped them for these

Wedges:
Callaway RAW

Putter:
Cleveland Soft HB1

Grips:
A bunch 

Balls:
Maxfli Tour, Tour X

Shoes:
Skechers something or other

...shirts/hats/headcovers, etc....

Geez: I've got issues. 😬

I have the same issues!!! I love trying new things!!!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver w/5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft

Ping 425 Max 3 wood w/Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1 shaft

PXG 0317 17* hybrid

New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons w/6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

PXG 311 Gen 3 52 & 56 Wedges w/ Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Ping Anser Putter

OnCore VeroX 1/2

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

31 minutes ago, golfgame said:

I never thought about that, they don't say who the seller is, I guess we just assume.  I wonder if there is a way to check that.

It's usually in the fine print on the Amazon seller page.

BigMacQue
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Titleist Tour Soft

Apart from consumables (balls, tees, gloves), I bought a Titleist T1 driver, a new big max push cart, a sun mountain sync (2023 version) golf bag, a divot board, an eyeline impact bag, and a new pair of FootJoy ProSL shoes.

Absolutely love the driver and the Sun Mountain bag.

Sun Mountain changed the top design for the 2024 version of the Sync and I think that was a step backwards.

Didn't think that I had spent that much last year, but in retrospect, was wrong.

Titleist TSR2 Driver, Taylaor Made M5-3w, M6-3H,4H, Sim2 5-PW, Vokey SM9  50,54, 58 

TourStriker Smart Ball which I have barely used cuz I’m recovering from ankle surgery … looking forward to it tho.  Replaced my Titleist TSi driver with a TSr but don’t see a big diff in performance.  And I swapped a PM grind 60* Callaway wedge for a Vokey 54* which feels like a heavier head … so I still hit it high but I can hit lower shots with it as well.  …. Forgot to add Kirkland golf balls. Seemed fine for my game. But still use AVX for tournaments.

Edited by B_R_A_D_Y
additional info

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

1 hour ago, golfgame said:

When I go to the page I bought them from there is a link to the Cut Store so I have to assume that Cut was the seller.  Besides Cut was willing to somewhat make it right before they rescinded.

This could be part of your issue.  These are likely Cut balls, sold on the Cut store on Amazon.  The fine print - the devils in the details - shows that these are sold by Amazon.  If you read the agreements between the manufacturer - Google is our friend, Wiki is just an acquaintance - the agreements usually state, as they do in the agreement between Cut and Amazon, that when Amazon is the seller, Amazon is responsible for issues with the sale.  Not Cut, hence the response you got from Cut.  

Basically, when something is sold by Amazon on behalf of the manufacturer, the item is in an Amazon warehouse awaiting sale and then the added piece to the puzzle, also fulfilled by Amazon.  

I doubt you got scammed into buying a refurb'd/refinished ball, but Cut's offer was out of the goodness of their heart, not per their agreement with the "retailer" (in this case, Amazon is a retailer rather than an aggregator or a new term to me, virtual lease holder) and so they balked at that offer.

cut ball issue.jpg

Edited by BigMacQue
Fix typo .... dad gum auto correct

BigMacQue
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Titleist Tour Soft

I barely made the cut on purchasing in 2023 haha, I ended up getting 2 more Callaway MD5 wedges to finally have all wedges the same.  I needed to replace my golden bear 60 degree wedge.  I noticed from my brother that he was  getting his ball to stop and mine was rolling away farther.  We did use the same ball as well so no difference there.  I did more research and did my own backyard testing and sure enough noticed the lower spin.  I took them out once already and very pleased with them and noticed the difference immediately with how quickly they were biting and stopping.

Wedges.jpg

JCgolfer

Make small improvements!

Making upgrades to my outdated golf set.

Love reading and keeping up with the new golf tech.

40 minutes ago, BigMacQue said:

This could be part of your issue.  These are likely Cut balls, sold on the Cut store on Amazon.  The fine print - the devils in the details - shows that these are sold by Amazon.  If you read the agreements between the manufacturer - Google is our friend, Wiki is just an acquaintance - the agreements usually state, as they do in the agreement between Cut and Amazon, that when Amazon is the seller, Amazon is responsible for issues with the sale.  Not Cut, hence the response you got from Cut.  

Basically, when something is sold by Amazon on behalf of the manufacturer, the item is in an Amazon warehouse awaiting sale and then the added piece to the puzzle, also fulfilled by Amazon.  

I doubt you got scammed into buying a refurb'd/refinished ball, but Cut's offer was out of the goodness of their heart, not per their agreement with the "retailer" (in this case, Amazon is a retailer rather than an aggregator or a new term to me, virtual lease holder) and so they balked at that offer.

cut ball issue.jpg

Can you point me to where you find that anything sold by Amazon is their responsibility?

Let's begin by saying, "I hope my wife doesn't see this."

This past year I upgraded my 60' wedge to a Snake Eyes wedge. My putter is now a Cleveland Cero Slant. My bag got upgraded to a Bag Boy with Top-Loc. Now it fits nicely on my Bag Boy Quad-XL. I bought new grips. I switched from my old Winn grips to Golf Pride and am very happy with the change. I also bought some new shoes - Under Armour, which is a change from my tried and true FJs. I added a parrot head cover to my 5W. Lastly, my wardrobe received an additional few shirts to make me look like a million, if not play like a million.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

8 minutes ago, EMacK1961 said:

Let's begin by saying, "I hope my wife doesn't see this."

This past year I upgraded my 60' wedge to a Snake Eyes wedge. My putter is now a Cleveland Cero Slant. My bag got upgraded to a Bag Boy with Top-Loc. Now it fits nicely on my Bag Boy Quad-XL. I bought new grips. I switched from my old Winn grips to Golf Pride and am very happy with the change. I also bought some new shoes - Under Armour, which is a change from my tried and true FJs. I added a parrot head cover to my 5W. Lastly, my wardrobe received an additional few shirts to make me look like a million, if not play like a million.

How are the snake eyes wedges? I see them a lot online but was cautious. 

WITB

21 minutes ago, golfgame said:

Can you point me to where you find that anything sold by Amazon is their responsibility?

For a quick response, I'll give you the screen shot below.  Again, the devils in the details.

Here's how I learned about this:  I bought a Cleveland putter on Amazon about three years ago.  About a year ago I noticed what appeared to be rust spots on the head, so I contacted Dunlop and I contacted Amazon.  Amazon referred me to the seller - that made me curious.  Dunlop was very nice about it, very accommodating, but also very sure of their response: the seller bore some responsibility.  This is where I started to run into an issue.  The seller was not actually Dunlop, the putter was sold by Amazon, on behalf of another seller.  When I went to the page where I found it, I saw a link that would take me to the Dunlop store.  That's another clue - not always, but often, when you see this you are not buying from the manufacturer.  The info under the Sold By Amazon section on that page looked just like the info in the screen shot I previously provided: eligible for a return up to a certain date.  By the time I sifted through who was responsible for what - and all along Dunlop was being very nice and trying their darndest to make sure I was happy - I was well past the date at which the putter could be returned.

So now I'm between the manufacturer, Dunlop, and the Seller, some vendor with an Amazon store, and Amazon.  Dunlop was willing to help, the seller said it was an Amazon issue and Amazon said sorry, you're past the date of no return.

The screen shot below is a piece of the puzzle; bottom line is anytime you buy on Amazon there is a myriad of connections that you need to navigate to determine product viability, sellers/manufacturers/Amazon liability and your ability to get any satisfaction should things to South.

cut ball issue 2.jpg

BigMacQue
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Titleist Tour Soft

Having bought new woods, irons, and wedges over the previous 2 years, I went into 2023 only thinking about a new putter. I ended up buying (two) Limited Edition Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 putter(s), the putter used by Fowler, Clark, and Bradley, near the end of last season. It's one of the best purchases I've made in a while.

This year it's my wife's turn for new irons.

TaylorMade woods, Callaway irons and wedges, and an Odyssey putter