How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

32 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

True, sort of.  I was fit by Titleist and they were trying to help with spin and swing speed. So it is a super light head and a light weight shaft at 40 grams but the shaft is a stiff flex. I gained speed and accuracy and got the spin rates where they needed to be so the ball wouldn't drop out of the sky.

I was concerned at first but he looked me straight in the eyes and said trust me. A dozen hits later one was ordered. I still try other drivers but none have been as easy to hit and find the fairway consistantly as this one. My swing speed is mid 90's pushing it gets to 98. Its just a very good combination for me.

I think that's the one thing I have learned this year, is that I have to trust the system and not be concerned about what should/shouldn't work.  I really saw that in my latest iron fitting. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

7 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

On a trip down to NC with my son for college orientation in Charlotte and I had free time so took the drive to Tobacco Road. As a plus I was able to enjoy the round with one of my good friends that relocated to NC from Long Island. Can’t say enough of how much fun this place is and again it did not disappoint as the course was in great shape. No matter how many times I play here I will never get used to being able to drive the cart through the bunkers, just feels wrong on a lot of levels. Shot 75 on the day and had a great time catching up with an old friend that I haven’t seen in quite a long time. 

IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

IMG_4595.jpeg

IMG_4594.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4583.jpeg

IMG_4581.jpeg

IMG_4578.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4580.jpeg

Great round on a beautiful course! Tobacco Road is definitely high on my bucket list of courses. Thank you for sharing your experience there. 

26 minutes ago, Nickygolf said:

Personal best yesterday! +9 at my local course, Whispering Ridge GC. Played Saturday shot my average, +16. Then back again Sunday, didn't exactly shoot the lights out but managed to be 9 over after 18. No double bogeys and one birdie. I was really focusing on the course management, and not going for the "hero shot". Job done, looking forward to getting back out this week.

IMG_0017.png

Congrats on the PB!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

57 minutes ago, Nickygolf said:

Personal best yesterday! +9 at my local course, Whispering Ridge GC. Played Saturday shot my average, +16. Then back again Sunday, didn't exactly shoot the lights out but managed to be 9 over after 18. No double bogeys and one birdie. I was really focusing on the course management, and not going for the "hero shot". Job done, looking forward to getting back out this week.

IMG_0017.png

Congratulations on the PB!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

58 minutes ago, Nickygolf said:

Personal best yesterday!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

WITB of an "aspiring"   play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W...Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour/Tour S. Or a found Pro V1/x.

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

I did a quick 3 hole challenge with a few work associates from the gc yesterday.  One of them is a pro in the shop and she is good!!! D1 top player for Auburn university when she was there.  She told one of the kids to stop swinging like it was a baseball and to go at half speed. Kid laced his next 2 drives straight, and they went nearly 300 yards.  Why can't I be that fast!  🤪 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I've had a really interesting few week span. I've finally started to lower the handicap and break the string of mid 90s. Earlier this year it felt like 89 was a great score and was mainly shooting 92-98. Now my scores have been mostly 88-93 and I'd consider a 86 a great (but so far unattainable score thus far).

Sunday I played awful-- I was mainly out of practice but off the tee I was going right. I couldn't hit any shot with a right to left shot shape. After a quick email to the pro, and a hot fix I went out and played yesterday. I went bogey, par, birdie, par, bogey (missed a 3 footer) before rain and storms ending my round. I still wasn't able to consistently work the ball right to left, but irons and even drivers were a lot more tuned in than they have been. May need another range day or two to get it back to where I can work the ball both ways.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybrid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 6 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :callaway-small:  Tour X 2024
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours or Sketchers Max Fairway Go 4

On 7/15/2024 at 10:13 AM, MrBandit said:

Well... I sorta played a tournament yesterday. Just absolutely miserable front 9 (worse 9 since I started playing golf). I was definitely not in it to win it.
Worked on my game on the back 9.
image.png.0488928585aaa8700cb72a896c0e5fd0.png

I entered a VGA tournament last year at my home course and had a similar experience. Absolutely blew up on several holes and shot 97 on a track I'm normally mid to upper 80's on. It took a while to get over it. Go play it again today and I bet you shoot a 75!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

Great round! Congrats on the PB!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

7 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Scored a PB in the 9 hole league this evening with a 33.  Started with 3 birdies followed up by 6 pars.  All phases of the game were working and except for a couple misreads on putts all shots were executed as i pictured them.  A round like that will keep me from quitting the game for at least a month!  😀

Congratulations!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.