How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

9 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I had a fun round today. The golf was good. One birdie and one bogey. The rest were pars. 
It was fun because I had a lot of interaction with nature. A spotted turtle on the 10th fairway. Which turned out to be an endangered species. When I looked it up they asked that I report where it was seen. Then on the 12th fairway a box turtle. And a run in with a decent size black snake on the 14th tee box.

IMG_0789.jpeg.e82115be3cad7e966cd1d735fb45a5b1.jpeg

IMG_0790.jpeg.1e8e8c3e73a50ce2bf2bd7aaff64abf8.jpeg

IMG_0791.jpeg.ab6e0e1164daf204983214d4810c6892.jpeg

lots going on for sure, good round as well

committed to performance excellence

9 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

sounds like you know what you have to work on...

Jim,

Yes sir I do...doesn't mean I do it on the course but I do 😀.  An example of this is on a Par 5 when I pushed a drive right into the trees.  I took a drop and instead of laying up prior to the hazard (there was a hazard that bisected the fairway), I decided to go over it.  Problem was there were low lying branches that would definitely knock my ball into the hazard so I planned a fade (not that I can shape shots on command but every once in a while I can pull it off).  The ball was above me feet and the brain should of said stop, don't do it...but it didn't.  Hit it clean and went totally straight right into the right side of the woodline (deep too so no chance of recovery). Ended up making a 7 on the hole - if I layed up at worse maybe a 6.  Those strokes add up!

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

12 minutes ago, Chubbs1991 said:

Played 18 today for the first time in a while. Swing felt great but boy the pull draws seem to sneak in when I dont need them. Putting was great. Anyone got tips to keep the pull draws from coming and staying away?? 

Feel like you're aiming way right (like 1 o'clock) on the downswing/impact. Work on getting it to the inside. 

Mixed bag... Ping Driver, Callaway Fairways, Srixon Irons, Vokey Wedges, Mizzy putter

My team came in 3rd in our scholarship fundraiser scramble today with a 65. It was cold and windy but we had a blast. My woods and hybrids were pretty good for not having been on the course at all, irons were off the first 9–10 holes or so but started to come around. My golf season has officially kicked off. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

59 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Jim,

Yes sir I do...doesn't mean I do it on the course but I do 😀.  An example of this is on a Par 5 when I pushed a drive right into the trees.  I took a drop and instead of laying up prior to the hazard (there was a hazard that bisected the fairway), I decided to go over it.  Problem was there were low lying branches that would definitely knock my ball into the hazard so I planned a fade (not that I can shape shots on command but every once in a while I can pull it off).  The ball was above me feet and the brain should of said stop, don't do it...but it didn't.  Hit it clean and went totally straight right into the right side of the woodline (deep too so no chance of recovery). Ended up making a 7 on the hole - if I layed up at worse maybe a 6.  Those strokes add up!

59 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Jim,

I hear you on that, great story and it happens to all of us on occasion.

committed to performance excellence

15 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Also made some changes with my driver setup @chisag and the TSi3 is working well.  I am setting the ball up off the heel rather than the toe and contact has been night and day better.  I’m also at a D3 setting which surprising to me, has worked out in my favor.  This was a bit of a process on the range last week and I needed a new approach…so far, so good.

... Awesome to hear! 👍  But we both know what your G400 is saying:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

Just now, chisag said:

... Awesome to hear! 👍  But we both know what your G400 is saying:

Outstanding… 🙂

For now, I have a wonderful backup plan…just don’t tell the 400 it’s my backup!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chisag said:

I am playing one of my favorites today, Verrado Founders

Have you played Palm Valley? It is not too far from there. 3 nine hole course. Walkable, though getting to the south course takes a while. All three are laid out well and good fun to play.  Part of the Arcis Card system.  I have played it a lot, but it is a long drive from east Mesa. 

So today was my first day back after a 6 week layoff for surgery. I didn't play terrible. No score under 4. No score over 6. 3 doubles and five 3 putts. I hate three putts. 

Only had one real bad shot. Hooked my second shot right into the clubhouse parking lot on 18, nope didn't hit a parked vehicle. Dropped for #3, put #4 on the green and two putted for a 6.

Depending on what the wife wants to do tomorrow I may go get in the afternoon round. 

Edited by EnderinAZ

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

Victor Hills East…it’s $22 to walk 18 and while it ins’t the best conditioned course it has a lot of tricky holes that aren’t the typical bombs away.  I am feeling it after walking 3 hours but man it felt good.

Shot 37 / 38 with some really good holes and some not so good.  A lot of good work with the S159’s for the forum testing and had 3 tee balls with the infamous U505 that I’d been struggling with.  @GolfSpy_SHARK will be pleased to hear that it was working quite well today.  

Also made some changes with my driver setup @chisag and the TSi3 is working well.  I am setting the ball up off the heel rather than the toe and contact has been night and day better.  I’m also at a D3 setting which surprising to me, has worked out in my favor.  This was a bit of a process on the range last week and I needed a new approach…so far, so good.

Highlight of the day was tee balls on the par 3’s.  I hit every green and feel really dialed in with my irons right now.  Feeling good.  Hope you all are having as much fun.

Even on its worst day the U505 is a standout! (IMO)

glad ya turned some stuff around hell of a round.

Any chance ya can do a screen shot from your video on that hole for social media post? That’s a great shot with your bag right there in the video.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Even on its worst day the U505 is a standout! (IMO)

glad ya turned some stuff around hell of a round.

Any chance ya can do a screen shot from your video on that hole for social media post? That’s a great shot with your bag right there in the video.

I’ll DM you. Thanks bro. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Have been spending more time on the range recently than playing. Got out for 9 and went 46 with a 4-putt double on 9. Oof. Changing some things on setup and feel like I'm making more solid contact than ever before. Even the sound is different. Hoping to keep it going.

46 (+10)

3/7 FIR (42%)

2/9 GIR (22%)

19 putts (1 4-putt, 0 3-putts, 7 2-putts, 1 1-putt)

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

Posted (edited)

Very happy to share this, I finished 15th out of 42 players in my first ever golf tournament! The putts were rolling in and my ball striking was really good. Had a few bad holes on the back nine that threw off the round, but I stayed composed and in the right mental state. 2 solid birdies and 5 great pars for the round. Only hit one ball OB that led to the triple on 12, but if I start to get rid of those bad holes I think I'd have a great chance at a top 5 finish or even winning! Next tourney is June 24th. Lots to work on, but I'm extremely happy with the outcome of my first ever tournament. 

IMG_3735.jpg.cfe2ab45ca7932cdcee33a28e55e6c60.jpg

Edited by cburins

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 - TENSEI AV Series White 65 Stiff

3wood: Taylormade Stealth - Ventus Blue Stiff 

Driving Iron: Ping Crossover 3iron - Ping Stiff 

Irons: 4-PW Titleist AP2 - Dynamic Gold S300 

Wedges: 52 Vokey SM6 (F Grind), 56 Vokey SM8 (D Grind), 60 Vokey SM9 (M grind)

Putter: Versa Odyssey Jailbird - Superstroke Pistol 1.0

Ball: Taylormade Distance+

... Some can only dream of hitting a 300 yd drive. And depending on where you live and play, it will remain a dream. At age 71 my days of hitting 300 yd drives are in my rearview mirror. But under the right circumstances? Hard fast desert fairways certainly produce a good amount of roll and up to 50yds on some holes. On #18 yesterday we had a nice 8-10mph wind dead at our backs. That should help right? Then about 275 yds out there was a nice elevation drop so wouldn't it be nice to reach that?

... All together it was a perfect storm and with a really good swing and center contact I watched my drive launch high and ride the wind, then approach the drop. Not quite reaching the edge it looked like a nice 270yd drive, but then the ball disappeared. 421 yd par 4 and when I laser'ed my approach I had 118 to a middle pin. For those math challenged that is 303 yds. 🤪 My best guess is carry was around 240 so 63 yds of wind aided roll. But it still felt pretty cool to hit a drive without a 2XX as the starting number.   

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

1 hour ago, cburins said:

Very happy to share this, I finished 15th out of 42 players in my first ever golf tournament! The putts were rolling in and my ball striking was really good. Had a few bad holes on the back nine that threw off the round, but I stayed composed and in the right mental state. 2 solid birdies and 5 great pars for the round. Only hit one ball OB that led to the triple on 12, but if I start to get rid of those bad holes I think I'd have a great chance at a top 5 finish or even winning! Next tourney is June 24th. Lots to work on, but I'm extremely happy with the outcome of my first ever tournament. 

IMG_3735.jpg.cfe2ab45ca7932cdcee33a28e55e6c60.jpg

I can't help but wonder what app you are using to get this data??

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg