Bridgestone MindSet Golf Ball Testing - (Sampling and Shot Scope Ops)

7 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Completed the CG water test on the Bridgestone Tour RX golf balls. 

Unofficial / Official review

First impression out of the box, they felt ruff, mind set graphics were ok and the white color was on the brighter side when compared to some other balls.

I set up my testing station, dissolved a ton of salt in the water and began the test, very first ball was NOT balanced properly, you will see in the video how it actually returned to the same spot where I had marked it after the first drop/spin.

Overall 2 out of the dozen were out of balance(CG) - Have fun with the video and pictures. Let me know what you think.

I had an issue uploading the video and photos. I will try in another post

20240409_212326.jpg

20240409_213412.jpg

That's alot of salt!!! 😆 

Interesting testing method for balance too. 

Will those balls be bagged or played?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Completed the CG water test on the Bridgestone Tour RX golf balls. 

Unofficial / Official review

First impression out of the box, they felt ruff, mind set graphics were ok and the white color was on the brighter side when compared to some other balls.

I set up my testing station, dissolved a ton of salt in the water and began the test, very first ball was NOT balanced properly, you will see in the video how it actually returned to the same spot where I had marked it after the first drop/spin.

Overall 2 out of the dozen were out of balance(CG) - Have fun with the video and pictures. Let me know what you think.

I had an issue uploading the video and photos. I will try in another post

20240409_212326.jpg

20240409_213412.jpg

I had planned on saltwater balancing the Bridgestone I receive as well. But your test was interesting and encouraging. A few years ago, I saltwater balanced 3 different brand/model balls, anywhere from 9 to 12 balls each of Snell, Kirkland, and ProV1, and found that no one at that time had any that had 100% of their balls in balance, not even the ProV1s. Those that were out of balance all had a rate-of-return (the time it took to come back to the same position) about what your Bridgestone's did; all except one Signature. One of those puppies rotated like a Ferris wheel back to the same spot! That was during the time when Costco recalled an entire lot because of a mfg defect, but still. 

I reasoned at the time that since ProV1s are such well manufactured/inspected balls and even they had a slight imbalance at times, that slow rate didn't signify enough to be of concern. No clue whether that was a correct assumption, but I went with it regardless. So, 2 of 12 at that rate of imbalance doesn't worry me, at least until someone corrects me! 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

Got a free box, played an entire round with them this past weekend. It seemed to help me the most putting. I only had one 3 putt but it was from at least 60-70 feet away. Anytime I was inside30-40 feet, I got it close.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

8 hours ago, Bodi23 said:

Looks money today! Do the circles and arrows line up pretty straight while putting? It would be hard for me to focus if they were all a little off. 

YES IT ACTUALLY HELPS ME TO FOCUS MORE 

MICHAEL KIM

Just now, mrk7367 said:

JUST A FEW MARKS ON THE BALL AFTER ONE ROUND 

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IT FLYS LONGER AND AROUND THE GREEN SPIN CONTROL IS NICE 

BEST OF ALL IT'S CONSISTANT.

I WOULD BUY THIS OVER CALLAWAY CHROME SOFT, OR TITLEIST PRO V1

MICHAEL KIM

1 hour ago, trike11 said:

Got a free box, played an entire round with them this past weekend. It seemed to help me the most putting. I only had one 3 putt but it was from at least 60-70 feet away. Anytime I was inside30-40 feet, I got it close.

What about the ball do you think helped you the most? Just the three step routine or something about the physical characteristics of the ball?

22 minutes ago, mrk7367 said:

YES IT ACTUALLY HELPS ME TO FOCUS MORE 

What do you think helps you focus more/better?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 minute ago, Preeway said:

What about the ball do you think helped you the most? Just the three step routine or something about the physical characteristics of the ball?

THE MIND SET MARKINGS HELPS ME TO FOCUS MORE THAN THE LINES ON SOME OF THE BALLS

MICHAEL KIM

Just now, mrk7367 said:

THE MIND SET MARKINGS HELPS ME TO FOCUS MORE THAN THE LINES ON SOME OF THE BALLS

ONCE IT'S SET, I DON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING EXCEPT THE GREEN DOT ON THE BALL AND BECAUSE IT'S PRETTY BIG SO I COULD ACTUALLY SEE IT LOL

MICHAEL KIM

11 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I think mostly focus.

I play the Pro V1X Left Dash normally which I think offers better performance for me personally. I got a box of the BRX, I want to try the BX I think to see a comparison between that and the Left Dash. If it is comparable, then maybe I make the switch.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

I may have to ask my mail lady how these are working out 😂

IMG_6366.png.66cf971b6404c22656e76744bdd527c8.png

I'm sure I'll be in here contributing soon!

Driver - Callaway ParadymX

3, 5, 7 woods - Callaway ParadymX

Irons - Callaway ParadymX 

Wedges - Jaws RAW 54°, 58°

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Seven DB

Ball - Chrome Soft X LS

6 hours ago, Rob Person said:

That's alot of salt!!! 😆 

Interesting testing method for balance too. 

Will those balls be bagged or played?

the 2 bad ones will be put into the range ball bucket in the back yard.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

The course's around me are still so wet so I was just hitting chip shots in the yard with the mindset balls. The green dot seemed to help me focus longer on the ball and not be so quick to pick my head up. So I decided to set the driving net up and hit full shots, the results were the same from when I was just chipping my head stayed in the shot longer and I was making solid contact. It's supposed to rain until Saturday I just hope we get Monday's league in because I am quite excited to try these balls on the course. If we play Monday I will post Monday night, this weather really SUCKS. have a wonderful day all.

Frank musolino 

My golf balls RX-S arrived in the mail while I was out of town for the weekend.  As a guy who hits the ball lower and with less spin than some of the guys that I play with, I am looking for a ball that gives me more control around the green, and a few more options than a simple chip and run shot.  Excited to try the mindset features to better focus my mind on the game while on the course.

Yesterday, I took them to the putting green as soon as the car was unloaded from our trip to watch the eclipse.  Today, I played my first round of golf with the new balls.  So far, so good.  Had my best round of the year!  Time will tell whether it was the ball or the player, but right now, I am looking at the ball, especially around the green.  Wonderful feel. 

As a Shot Scope user since 2019, I have a lot of data to compare against.

More updates to come.

Ping G430 Max Driver

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood

:callaway-small: Rogue 7 wood

:mizuno-small: Irons Hot Metal Pro 4 - G

:titleist-small: Wedges 52 and 56

:ping-small: Putter Fetch

Got 9 in this morning.  Super windy, which kept me struggling on fairway play. The IVF-E Mindset is sort of lodged in my head. Actually said it out loud a couple times.

Anyway, best shot of the day was my worst hole in my opinion.  Locked this shot in,  thought it was short, but kicked off the highside of the fringe and rolled within a foot of the pin.  I them proceeded to lip out for a par.

20240410_144830.jpg.a2187f46c90aa5c7a94d688b2b7e270c.jpg20240410_144214.jpg.532235e29b726a2e941840088177471a.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Super excited to have been chosen for this testing! I'm a little late in my initial unboxing due to travel for work / vacation, but was able to find my delivery yesterday afternoon. Thankfully FedEx hid the package! 

Love the packaging from Bridgestone, but IMO it seems quite busy. They have a TON of information on the back of the box and on the side of the ball. This could all be accomplished via a QR code versus laying it all out on the exterior of the package. Less is more. 

Also, all of the information on the exterior was included on the card that was included on the box. Somewhat overkill and I'm sure not cheap to add to the box itself. 

Other than that, the balls look great and I'm excited to give them a roll hopefully sooner than later. 

Thank you again for the opportunity! 

Bridgestone Unbox 2.jpg

Edited by JRDuck40
One photo included my home address. Wanted to remove that from the post.

D-  Titleist  TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w - Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB - Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons - 4-PW Takomo 101T w/ KBS Tour Stiff 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Ball - Sirxon Z Star XV

2 minutes ago, Freshbrockoli said:

Good morning all!! 

I have yet to receive my golf balls, this stinks!! I am playing Sunday and was hoping to have them by then. @GolfSpy_APH any idea if I'll actually be getting to partake in this testing ? 

Yes, but it may still be another week or so till the two dozen arrive. Dont worry tho as all those in the Shot Scope portion will be given adequate time to get plenty of testing time in!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I noticed Jason Day was using these balls at the masters this week! Interesting as it seems pros almost never go for balls with graphics on them. I rarely see a pix ball or triple track these days.

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:ping-small: - G430 Max

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

:cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2 / :odyssey-small: - Jailbird 380 / Hudson Made Carman Custom

Nick_D's Putter Projects

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQXcNkcqSJYQepMosCy7aolhrr6p1EyEX&si=lwAF5ZD3es6oHFum

This is the Playlist again. New videos are labeled Mindset hole, final days thoughts,  etc.

There are most of the holes from the back 9. They were busy, so missed the first 3 holes. Front 9 was packed. No video. Sorry

46 minutes ago, Nick_D said:

I noticed Jason Day was using these balls at the masters this week! Interesting as it seems pros almost never go for balls with graphics on them. I rarely see a pix ball or triple track these days.

I actually believe J. Day was a big advocate for these balls being made in the first place. He's in all of the marketing materials and I know he's talked about the process he uses which aligns with the mindset steps

Current WITB:

Bag: image_2024-02-27_104948566.png.b92168231016d467eb3d016dba2075b9.png MV2 Golf Bag

Driver:  image.png G425  Max 9.0º, Ventus Blue Velocore 6S

Fairway: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR2 3 wood 15º, Ventus Red Velocore 7S, image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png TSR1 5 wood 18º, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW Blue 65S

Driving Iron: image.png.75de9ed8d611880163bbacfe51b6bf91.png U505 2-iron, Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85S 

Irons: image.png.b5950bd367d637859d211fef578a14af.png MP-54 (4-P), Project X 6.0S

Wedges: TM23WDG-MG4-Stacked-Color-OnLight-v1-1024x410.png.ac724a75349db558663486b0cf600638.png 50.09 SB, 54.11 SB, 58.11 SB

Putter: image.png.2a889a80c6a733b582bbac9dbc3cecf2.png California Del Mar, 34.5 Sweet Rollz "Safari" Midsize Grip

Ball: image.png.52cb58764bddc9c00ba3060db6a87cc7.png Tour B XS

On 4/11/2024 at 3:11 PM, TomW said:

I did my own ball test at the course yesterday using the GCQuad by Foresight Launch monitor.  I should preface this by saying I am 65 years old, 6 ft 4in., and still fairly athletic.  My typical driver distance is about 240yds, unless I get a hold of it and can still put it out there around 280.  As the great Toby Keith (God rest his soul) would say, "I ain't as good as I once was". 😉

I hit shots with my Callaway Apex DCB 7 iron (UST Mamiya Recoil DART Graphite shaft), and my Mizuno STx driver (MFusion D39R shaft).

I hit shots testing the following balls:  Bridgestone Tour BRx Mindset; Titleist Pro V1; Taylormade TP5 (New); Vice Pro Plus; Snell MTB Prime X

When comparing Ball Speed, Spin, Launch Angle, and distance, I found the Bridgestone Mindset almost identically with the Vice Pro Plus.  Both the Mindset and Vice fell short of the Titleist Pro V1 and Taylormade TP5 in all categories.  This being said, all balls tested were close in the Ball Speed and Distance categories.  The biggest differences I saw were with respect to Spin (Back Spin and Sidespin).  For example, the mindset showed about 17% less spin with the 7-iron and 23% less spin with the driver when compared to the TP5.  In general, I thought the Mindset had nice feel and would definitely play with it, but let's talk about the "Mindset" marking.

I took the Mindset out on the course, along with the TP5, and played 18.  Identify, Visualize, and Focus they say.  I personally find the look of the Mindset marking appealing, but I felt like it could have been a company or college logo and I'd get the same effect.  Off the tee, I always focus on the back of the ball (Nicklaus?), so teeing up with the Mindset mark on top was frankly distracting for me.  For the 7-iron, the only time the mark would come into play would be on par 3's when you can set the ball on the tee oriented the way you want. (I play it as it lies.)  So with an iron off the tee, I felt the same thing.  For putting, my experience with the Mindset was less than expected.  I know it's me and my putting style and process, but when I stood over the ball to putt, I found the Mindset mark to be a bit hypnotic.  Now I suppose that's what Bridgestone wants you to feel, since they say "Focus on the dot" and putt.  HOWEVER, for me, I swear it made my brain almost forget the info I stored into it prior to the putt.  My putts were fairly consistently the wrong speed.  I did not experience this with the TP5, which has the typical direction line. (I don't really consider myself the type of putter who is dependent on direction markings when I putt, sorry.  My pre-shot routine is pretty quick and I tend to read it, visualize, set up, take a final look and putt.) I believe, mostly from my younger years, you need to avoid taking too much time over all your shots, because that allows that evil thing between your ears to get too engaged

Hopefully this isn't too long-winded, and some of you can relate.  I'm looking forward to everyone else's reviews. - TomW, Boston

Thanks for the detailed info.  I have played every one of the balls that you have mentioned so I definitely got a good comparison. Like you I don't like to use any markings.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Hi all, played 9 today and played super well, struck the ball very well with my irons. I couldn’t putt to save my life though. I guess my mindset wasn’t good. I could not focus on the dot. But this ball loves my irons. I updated my review so feel free to read. Have a great evening!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

Edited by Erin B

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-5 Dot Newton tipped 44” shaft 

Woods: Ping 425 Max 3-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Hybrid: PXG 0317 17*-Stiff Steadfast Jupiter 1+ shaft

Irons: New Level 4-PW 902PD Irons 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

I finally got to try the mindset approach. It didn’t work for me. I guess I am comfortable with my routine (similar to the mindset stuff anyway) but when I stepped up at address , the mindset logo created a mental distraction. I had a voice in my head questioning if I had done the 3 things properly. It broke my concentration. 
i like the ball, though. I received BRXS and I like the feel and quality but spins a bit much for me. I used to play BRX and will probably give them another try next season.

very appreciative of Bridgestone for giving the chance to try these out!

ZX5 MK II DR | STZ230 32 | JPX850 3H 4H | MP18 6i-PW | JPX 919HM GW | S18 55 | SM8 60 | Phantom X11.5 | Q-Star Tour

IMG_4400.jpeg.7559df8541fd0bffeb31713fe48e3824.jpegIMG_4401.jpeg.1e75062990dbd1f4cd23349919c8e6ee.jpegReceived my golf balls earlier this week. Thanks Bridgestone and MGS for the opportunity to provide feedback. I recently reviewed the new Maxfli Tour with Max Align Technology and was very impressed with the results. I plan on doing a comparison with the new Bridgestone Tour B RX with Mindset to see if it can compete with the Maxfli in all categories (distance,green side spin, durability and value). We’ll see if the “3 easy steps (Identify,Visualize, and Focus) are an enhancement or a distraction to my current situation?

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

My Story….

In 1959, the City of Frankfort, Kentucky opened a new park called Juniper Hills,  located just west of the city.  Juniper Hills included a Par 72, 18 Hole rolling terrain golf course and an Olympic size swimming pool.  My Grandfather and his buddies joined the club and began playing every week.  I was only 8 yrs old, but my Grandfather decided I was old enough to be his caddy.  So I began my golfing career pulling a Bagboy pull-cart filled with Powerbilt golf clubs up and down the rolling terrain of Juniper Hills.  As a caddy, I learned the rules of golf and how the game was played.  My first set of clubs were a hodgepodge set of old hickory shafted clubs, leftovers from my Grandfather’s old clubs.  Ones that he took to Africa when he was building a sawmill to harvest mahogany wood for office furniture in 1948-49.  He was a Civil Engineer.  They carved out some land in the jungles of the Gold Coast(now Ghana) for a 9 hole course and played it for their recreation. Sadly, today I only have the putter left, so it hangs on the wall above my desk at home.  I progressed from the hickory sticks to used Powerbilts that were my Grandfather’s.  At age 10, I got my first set of cleats(steel spikes of course).  I felt like I was king of the world when I walked around the clubhouse area going clickety-clack, clickety-clack.  I spent my summers at Juniper Hills, just a mile from my home, caddying in the mornings then either hawking lost balls, putting for pennies or playing in the hot Summer afternoons.  I witnessed a Hole in one at age 13 when one of my friends aced the 140 yard Par 3 #6.  For my High School Graduation, my Grandfather gave me a new set of Powerbilt irons. I got my Ace in August, 1985 at Pine Ridge Country Club in Winnfield, LA.  When I moved to Florida in 1987, I was a 10 Handicap, gaming Nicklaus Muirfield irons.  Unfortunately, I was either working, or playing with my 4yr old daughter so I did not get much time to retain my handicap and watched it slip to an 18.  Fast forward through the years to now, I have been playing with a 6” steel plate, 13 screws & an inch of my left hip bone in my left wrist (ice skating accident in 1998).  The inch of my left hip was to make both arms the same length again.  Because of the injury, my handicap ballooned to the mid 20’s for several years, so I moved to graphite irons to reduce as much vibration as possible.  I was able to get my handicap back down to 13 for a few months in 2011, but that did not last.  For the past several years, I have been an 18.  My course handicap is 10 as we play from the Senior tees (5,033 yards).  I also have two Ligaments damaged in my Left Ankle(too many ankle sprains).  The Dr’s offered surgery but I declined because I was not ready to stay off of it for 4 to 6 months and the surgery was not a given success.  I am an Accountant(Ky State Univ. 1977) that retired in Jan 2017 after 40 years mostly in healthcare and played 4 days a week wearing an ankle brace.  I got tired of the brace and decided to play without it.  I know when it is weak, I can slap on the brace.  My drives usually range from 185 to 205, with an occasional 220 and my 6i is my 150 yard club.  I am now 73 years old and play golf 3 times every week. After 22 years, I retired from running the Saturday Game, that routinely had 44 - 50 players.  I joined a different club, Heritage Isles, and play Mon/Wed/Fri with a dozen guys aging from 65 to 84.  

• I have previously reviewed Cobra Bio Cell, Cobra F6 irons and Cobra F8 Full Bag Challenge for My Golf Spy.  All were excellent sticks for a mid to high Handicaper.  I also reviewed the Evnroll ER6 putter and Tour Edge CBX119 4 hybrid as well as golf balls by Bridgestone and Maxfli. Most recently I reviewed the Speed Sticks and currently testing the Mindset by Bridgestone.

• My Bag is as follows:  Vice Cart Bag, Driver: PXG 10.5* 0311 XF (Gen 5) driver with PX Cypher Senior shaft; Fairway Woods: PXG 0211 5 and 7 wood with PX Evenflo Riptide regular shafts & Tour Edge E523 9 Wood with Fubuki HD regular shaft. Irons: Titleist T300 5-9 + PW(43*) with Fubuki MV Senior shafts. Wedges: Edison 49* 53* & 57* with KBS PGI 80 gram graphite shafts. Putter is Evnroll ER2 with Evnroll Gravity Grip.

• I use the Shot Scope X5 watch for recording my rounds and a Pinned rangefinder to get an accurate distance to the pin.

• My current ball is the Maxfli Tour/Tour S/Tour X CG. I also game the Titleist Tru Feel in cooler months.

IMG_4939.jpeg

Edited by fozcycle

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

10 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

My Story….

In 1959, the City of Frankfort, Kentucky opened a new park called Juniper Hills,  located just west of the city.  Juniper Hills included a Par 72, 18 Hole rolling terrain golf course and an Olympic size swimming pool.  My Grandfather and his buddies joined the club and began playing every week.  I was only 8 yrs old, but my Grandfather decided I was old enough to be his caddy.  So I began my golfing career pulling a Bagboy pull-cart filled with Powerbilt golf clubs up and down the rolling terrain of Juniper Hills.  As a caddy, I learned the rules of golf and how the game was played.  My first set of clubs were a hodgepodge set of old hickory shafted clubs, leftovers from my Grandfather’s old clubs.  Ones that he took to Africa when he was building a sawmill to harvest mahogany wood for office furniture in 1948-49.  He was a Civil Engineer.  They carved out some land in the jungles of the Gold Coast(now Ghana) for a 9 hole course and played it for their recreation. Sadly, today I only have the putter left, so it hangs on the wall above my desk at home.  I progressed from the hickory sticks to used Powerbilts that were my Grandfather’s.  At age 10, I got my first set of cleats(steel spikes of course).  I felt like I was king of the world when I walked around the clubhouse area going clickety-clack, clickety-clack.  I spent my summers at Juniper Hills, just a mile from my home, caddying in the mornings then either hawking lost balls, putting for pennies or playing in the hot Summer afternoons.  I witnessed a Hole in one at age 13 when one of my friends aced the 140 yard Par 3 #6.  For my High School Graduation, my Grandfather gave me a new set of Powerbilt irons. I got my Ace in August, 1985 at Pine Ridge Country Club in Winnfield, LA.  When I moved to Florida in 1987, I was a 10 Handicap, gaming Nicklaus Muirfield irons.  Unfortunately, I was either working, or playing with my 4yr old daughter so I did not get much time to retain my handicap and watched it slip to an 18.  Fast forward through the years to now, I have been playing with a 6” steel plate, 13 screws & an inch of my left hip bone in my left wrist (ice skating accident in 1998).  The inch of my left hip was to make both arms the same length again.  Because of the injury, my handicap ballooned to the mid 20’s for several years, so I moved to graphite irons to reduce as much vibration as possible.  I was able to get my handicap back down to 13 for a few months in 2011, but that did not last.  For the past several years, I have been an 18.  My course handicap is 10 as we play from the Senior tees (5,033 yards).  I also have two Ligaments damaged in my Left Ankle(too many ankle sprains).  The Dr’s offered surgery but I declined because I was not ready to stay off of it for 4 to 6 months and the surgery was not a given success.  I am an Accountant(Ky State Univ. 1977) that retired in Jan 2017 after 40 years mostly in healthcare and played 4 days a week wearing an ankle brace.  I got tired of the brace and decided to play without it.  I know when it is weak, I can slap on the brace.  My drives usually range from 185 to 205, with an occasional 220 and my 6i is my 150 yard club.  I am now 73 years old and play golf 3 times every week. After 22 years, I retired from running the Saturday Game, that routinely had 44 - 50 players.  I joined a different club, Heritage Isles, and play Mon/Wed/Fri with a dozen guys aging from 65 to 84.  

• I have previously reviewed Cobra Bio Cell, Cobra F6 irons and Cobra F8 Full Bag Challenge for My Golf Spy.  All were excellent sticks for a mid to high Handicaper.  I also reviewed the Evnroll ER6 putter and Tour Edge CBX119 4 hybrid as well as golf balls by Bridgestone and Maxfli. Most recently I reviewed the Speed Sticks and currently testing the Mindset by Bridgestone.

• My Bag is as follows:  Vice Cart Bag, Driver: PXG 10.5* 0311 XF (Gen 5) driver with PX Cypher Senior shaft; Fairway Woods: PXG 0211 5 and 7 wood with PX Evenflo Riptide regular shafts & Tour Edge E523 9 Wood with Fubuki HD regular shaft. Irons: Titleist T300 5-9 + PW(43*) with Fubuki MV Senior shafts. Wedges: Edison 49* 53* & 57* with KBS PGI 80 gram graphite shafts. Putter is Evnroll ER2 with Evnroll Gravity Grip.

• I use the Shot Scope X5 watch for recording my rounds and a Pinned rangefinder to get an accurate distance to the pin.

• My current ball is the Maxfli Tour/Tour S/Tour X CG. I also game the Titleist Tru Feel in cooler months.

IMG_4939.jpeg

Love the JD hat!!! 

Hello all, I’m a little late for posting but was on vacation last week and had to get caught up at work all week. Received my tour bx balls sometime while I was on vacation 

IMG_4818.jpeg.477357cdf75f2cca4fe9a9e4425d5bf9.jpeg

I really like the looks and the idea behind the ball. I need a lot of help with concentration on the course especially. I don’t have any issues with the packaging, but honestly I could care less what any of the boxes look like as long as the balls perform well. I’ve recently been switching back and forth between prov1x yellow and left dash. I’m a 20 handicap and not swinging the clubs well at all right now. My first impressions are high on these balls and I’m very optimistic on the mindset helping me out. The only negative I have so far is same as with the left dash, the mindset only comes in white.  I have a really hard time seeing white balls in the air when I play by myself.

IMG_4819.jpeg.4a0add4f31e71002336ce7a55d3c6140.jpeg

The first thing I did was try out some putts on the wellputt mat.  I found the tour bx balls to be firm and “clicks” off the putter. I tried using the mindset routine on every putt and was putting really well with them on the mat. Hopefully it will carry over to the course. 
IMG_4822.jpeg.2f91f8ad777f7ee6858aa0a3b43f1bb6.jpeg

Yesterday morning I got out in the 35mph+ winds and played my first round with the Tourbx mindset balls. I’m not how much you can judge the performance of a ball in these conditions but it seemed to perform pretty well. 

IMG_4831.jpeg.86b62d251c3e81f25eab2521c161bb56.jpeg

Off the tee it seemed to perform very similarly to the prov1x and left dash distance wise. Hard to tell exactly with wind but was by far the bast part of my round. 

IMG_4843.png.9dc2bd2e49cc72576a84fe802766d7f4.png

Putting did not carry over from the putting practice to the greens. I can’t blame it on the ball. I have zero confidence and leaving everything woefully short. For someone who doesn’t use a line or anything on the ball, the arrow messed with my eyes. If it wasn’t pointed exactly where I wanted to hit the ball it just didn’t look right to me and I spent extra time trying to line it up. 

Hopefully things will improve in future rounds.  Right now my thoughts on this ball are where they should be after 1 round, undecided. 

Jnr