Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Geotech GT Forged Wedge (Tour Issue)

This is a component company along the same lines as Nakashima, Wishon, SMT, etc., correct?

Hope MGS will review something of Geotech's in the future! :)

• SPY VIP

Yes one of the few Japanese component companies out there. Most of their designs are open models that have been tailored to their look. THey have some nice putter components and actually some nice looking woods.

We will definitely look into doing a review of one of their products.

This is a component company along the same lines as Nakashima, Wishon, SMT, etc., correct?

Hope MGS will review something of Geotech's in the future! :)

#TruthDigest

It is odd to see a club from anyone that has "TOUR ISSUE" engraved on the back, in a manner that just looks like it is going to be a mass produced club.

I long for the days when "TOUR ISSUE" meant that it came out of a tour player's bag and was given to, or sold to someone who knew him or her.

It is getting to be a lot like the "PROTOTYPE" you see offered up, so often. When Adams put that on their run of hybrids, it was like the frosting on the cake.

Sorry for the rant, but that was the first thing that came to mind...............TOUR ISSUE? What makes it so?

LaMont in AZ

It is odd to see a club from anyone that has "TOUR ISSUE" engraved on the back, in a manner that just looks like it is going to be a mass produced club.

I long for the days when "TOUR ISSUE" meant that it came out of a tour player's bag and was given to, or sold to someone who knew him or her.

It is getting to be a lot like the "PROTOTYPE" you see offered up, so often. When Adams put that on their run of hybrids, it was like the frosting on the cake.

Sorry for the rant, but that was the first thing that came to mind...............TOUR ISSUE? What makes it so?

LaMont in AZ

I agree LaMont. You know how I feel about the terms; tour, tour issue, and handmade these days. I remember when those words had real meaning. Today it is just a watered down marketing thing.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

• SPY VIP

I am surprised that nobody has named their equipment company "Tour Issue" yet.

Regardless, how does this wedge set itself away from the pack? Outside of being shaftless. :rolleyes:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

For a Japan club they're actually a solid price. The wedges are $89 each head only.

There cavtiys and blades are great looking stick as well, esp for those that think the less stampings the better.

bladeclassiclarge.jpg

670hclarge.jpg

I have a revolving WITB policy.

Both are very attractive clubs, I really love the simple, plain look of the forged irons.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• 1 month later...

I think they look pretty good! Very classy looking without all the garbage that is so prevalent on the backs of clubs these days.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I think they look identical to Scratch's club line-up. Might be because of the open design, or could it be they use the same forging house Scratch does? (Their irons more than the wedges). Regardless, for virtually the same design you spend about half the money. And the ones I've hit are awesome feeling sticks. I'm seriously considering ordering the cavity backed set of heads that look like the Scratch cavities.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived