Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

And.. Don't Be this Guy Either

PlaidJacket

Two weekends ago one of the guys I'll call Whimpy that plays in our Saturday game (most of the time) had a great day. Not only did he shoot even par 70 that day he also cleaned up on the big Skin Game winning almost all the skins. +- $280. On top of that he had several individual Nassau's going with guys including me and swept most of those too!

So, the next week he's in the game again. And why not... he's obviously playing good right now and is ready to teach us all a lesson. Except he didn't. Or perhaps he did. You decide.

Here's how it unfolded....

On Saturday we each put up $20 for the Skin Game. On top of that there are usually several side bets between players and Whimpy has invited me to play a Nassau against him and I accept. So we're all out on the course playing our game - bets an all. After the round I asked; where's Whimpy? I was informed... he quit. Quit? !! I asked was he injured or get sick or something? No I was told. He was playing bad. WTH!! You mean like the rest of us?

I'm sad to say but IMO ole Whimpy has a serious character flaw. I mean who makes a bet and then when things aren't going your way you quit? !! And not only that.... but you've just forfeited your bets. He'll be back soon so we'll see if he offers to settle his bets. I hope so. If not I've played my last match against him. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I feel you. I have had that happen to me too. Not cool...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Man...how would he have the nerve to even show up again.  If he does, he better have a hand full  of 20's and be ready to start spreading them around.   I've only seen one guy walk off a course in the middle of a bet.  he was playing a buddy of mine for $20 a side.  I was just playing my game.   On the front nine after about 5 holes, the guy gets so upset as he felt I was intentionally putting my ball out side my friends ball, so I could show him the line.

I said, "really, I'm a freaking 16 HC, you think I can land my ball that precise from 130 to 160 yards out."   The dude got so upset, he through a 20 on the green, grabbed his clubs and walked off.   Gambling does some funny things to people. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I can understand quitting if you are playing that bad I guess but you still pay up on the way out. Or at least leave your money at the club house. 

At the ABSOLUTE worst make sure someone tells you that he'll pay you when he sees you next. But even then that's kinda crappy imo. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I'm too prideful to walk off the course, much less when money is involved. A different breed I guess. The shame isn't worth it. 

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

There are a few traits that in order to even be called a man you must possess. The ability to graciously lose and then pay what you owe is near the top of the list. I'd have no respect for someone that pulled a move like that.

Hopefully if he shows up next week he comes with the cash he owes as well as an apology for acting like a child. Then you go out and whip him on the course again.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Definitely not cool. I've had to stop a round once or twice (migraines) but I always settle my bets when that happens. It's not fair to the other players not to

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

That's just awful. Even if he pays the bets (which he must do!), that's still just terrible sportsmanship. Sometimes you ear the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. Take your medicine and act like a man.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I'm with ya deejaid.

We don't play for all that much anyway. Many guys make you pry the money out of their hands or they'll hand you a large bill and tell you to go break it. Which I don't.

My policy is that if you lose your bet pay it right then and there and congratulate the guy. If you win; accept your prize with class and move on. As they say... what goes around comes around. Right?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I'm too prideful to walk off the course, much less when money is involved. A different breed I guess. The shame isn't worth it. 

I couldn't walk off the course myself unless I was hurting the play of others. Such as the guy who shot 127 in the US Open qualifier. 

But I don't see myself ever doing that either lol 

I couldn't walk off the course myself unless I was hurting the play of others. Such as the guy who shot 127 in the US Open qualifier.

But I don't see myself ever doing that either lol

I know! 127 is kind of hard to imagine...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Two weekends ago one of the guys I'll call Whimpy that plays in our Saturday game (most of the time) had a great day. Not only did he shoot even par 70 that day he also cleaned up on the big Skin Game winning almost all the skins. +- $280. On top of that he had several individual Nassau's going with guys including me and swept most of those too!

So, the next week he's in the game again. And why not... he's obviously playing good right now and is ready to teach us all a lesson. Except he didn't. Or perhaps he did. You decide.

On Saturday we each put up $20 for the Skin Game. On top of that there are usually several side bets between players and Whimpy has invited me to play a Nassau against him and I accept. So we're all out on the course playing our game - bets an all. After the round I asked; where's Whimpy? I was informed... he quit. Quit? !! I asked was he injured or get sick or something? No I was told. He was playing bad. WTH!! You mean like the rest of us?

I'm sad to say but IMO ole Whimpy has a serious character flaw. I mean who makes a bet and then when things aren't going your way you quit? !! And not only that.... but you've just forfeited your bets. He'll be back soon so we'll see if he offers to settle his bets. I hope so. If not I've played my last match against him.

Here is a lesson learned for everyone. And also PlaidJacket one thing that I do on any game involving cash, is everyone puts in the cash ahead of time. For skins, everyone pays before teeing off and one person or the golf shop holds the cash. Also, I will make it mandatory for any games that every person can verify the cash ahead of time. If I'm playing a $10 Nassau then I better be able to show the person I'm playing against that I got $100 cash on me.

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

I agree burk. There a much larger Saturday game where everyone puts in their skin at the pro shop. Ours is much smaller and normally we have no problems. But... next time ole Whimpy shows up perhaps we should do just that.

I've never understood guys showing up at the course without some cash in their pocket. Oh well.

Two weekends ago one of the guys I'll call Whimpy that plays in our Saturday game (most of the time) had a great day. Not only did he shoot even par 70 that day he also cleaned up on the big Skin Game winning almost all the skins. +- $280. On top of that he had several individual Nassau's going with guys including me and swept most of those too!

So, the next week he's in the game again. And why not... he's obviously playing good right now and is ready to teach us all a lesson. Except he didn't. Or perhaps he did. You decide.

On Saturday we each put up $20 for the Skin Game. On top of that there are usually several side bets between players and Whimpy has invited me to play a Nassau against him and I accept. So we're all out on the course playing our game - bets an all. After the round I asked; where's Whimpy? I was informed... he quit. Quit? !! I asked was he injured or get sick or something? No I was told. He was playing bad. WTH!! You mean like the rest of us?

I'm sad to say but IMO ole Whimpy has a serious character flaw. I mean who makes a bet and then when things aren't going your way you quit? !! And not only that.... but you've just forfeited your bets. He'll be back soon so we'll see if he offers to settle his bets. I hope so. If not I've played my last match against him.

You walk off you pay all your indies period

Here is a lesson learned for everyone. And also PlaidJacket one thing that I do on any game involving cash, is everyone puts in the cash ahead of time. For skins, everyone pays before teeing off and one person or the golf shop holds the cash. Also, I will make it mandatory for any games that every person can verify the cash ahead of time. If I'm playing a $10 Nassau then I better be able to show the person I'm playing against that I got $100 cash on me.

100% THIS

I can't tell you how many times I've had someone tell me that they would pay me later and I never saw a dime. 

There used to be a running joke about a guy in one of our groups who would always say "we'll just square up at the end of the month." Yea... Fat chance that happens. 

I like paying then and there(ahead of time is even better). Hell I'll venmo it, paypal it or write you damn $10 check if I have to. But its getting taken care of on the spot. 

100% THIS

I can't tell you how many times I've had someone tell me that they would pay me later and I never saw a dime.

There used to be a running joke about a guy in group who would always say "we'll just square up at the end of the month." Yea... Fat chance that happens.

I like paying then and there(ahead of time is even better). Hell I'll venmo it, paypal it or write you damn $10 check if I have to. But its getting taken care of on the spot.

I exclusively use Venmo with my buddies at the club, literally no excuse not to pay up immediately. Haven't had any issues with payments since We started using it.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade M2 (2016) 10.5° | Fujikura Pro Stiff 60g

Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner 2.0 TP 16.5° | Diamana Whiteboard Stiff 80g

Hybrid: Titleist 915h 21° | Diamana Blueboard Stiff 80g

Driving Iron: Titleist 712U 3 Iron | Kuro Kage Stiff 70g

Irons: Titleist AP2 714 4-PW | KBS Tour 90 Stiff Shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 50°/54°/58°

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2 | SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 

Ball: Taylormade TP5x

I agree burk. There a much larger Saturday game where everyone puts in their skin at the pro shop. Ours is much smaller and normally we have no problems. But... next time ole Whimpy shows up perhaps we should do just that.

I've never understood guys showing up at the course without some cash in their pocket. Oh well.

Yea it's not Lee Trevino playing for $30 with only $10 in his pocket lol

Archived