Sign in to follow this  
Shankster

RBC Heritage

IMG_5312.JPG

In the wake of Tigers glorious Masters victory this often overlooked tournament will be shadowed all week with Tiger coverage. Can’t blame them for trying, but major number 15 will top anything that happens this week.

This year’s field is one of the best to date. I’ve always liked this event. The classic course and the timeless plaid jacket, something about this one that lured me in. Must be the light house?

I have a feeling DJ will prevail this week at a sponsor event.

What say ye?

• Like 2

Since I like going out on limbs with my pick for the week and Mr. Mahan isn't in the field to my knowledge, I am going with Cameron Champ to get out of his funk.

• Like 1

Always been one of my favorite non-majors. Way back in the early to mid 2000’s MCI/Verizon was title sponsor of this event. MCI/Verizon was a major client of my former employer. We would get VIP treatment the couple of years I got to go. Stewart Cink and Aaron Baddeley won the two years I got to participate.

We also got to play the course on Monday. Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

DJ getting a win sounds good to me.. he is about due for another one this season but the hangover of getting started late at the masters might mess with him...So...give me Kuch to get one this weekend. 

• Like 1

It's a tossup for me between DJ and Xander Schauffele. Both T2 this weekend, both playing great golf. If I had to pick, I'm taking Xander. He did his own thing under the radar yesterday and I think he'll come out on top this week.

• Like 1

Schauffele is my pick. He is one of the most consistent guys out there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Schauffele is my pick. He is one of the most consistent guys out there. 

Good pick.  He's got game and maturity for a 25 year old.  I think we'll see him in the winner's circle often over his career.

I haven't looked at the list of players, but Xander would be a strong blind draw!

• Like 1

Ok. I saw from the PGA Tour media outlet that it is the 50th anniversary of Arnie winning the inaugural RBC Heritage.

Just for that. I am changing my pick to Sam Saunders, because why not!

• Like 3

Really wish I would have taken that spring break trip... I could probably lose a few dozen balls on the Harbour Town Links...

I absolutely love this Tourney at Harbourtown.

this golf course is a really beautiful and quiet piece of land. A couple of photos of when I played 17, 18, 14 

A53CB8DE-3836-484A-A9EF-1200FA70B9E9.jpeg

73534A01-3EA3-419D-B547-DBEB4593622E.jpeg

00FC64C4-98D1-46B2-A28F-D5F4B9B1D35A.jpeg

• Like 2