Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2019-Official Forum Member Review-PING Blueprint Irons

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Poor picture quality. But I didn’t want to make you wait. I’ll get one on grass ASAP.

IMG_6096.JPGIMG_6097.JPG

WOW!!! That is legit. I might have to see if I can find one to demo somewhere. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Swing by. I’ll let you take it for a spin.

Hopefully sometime, if only the drive wasn't so long. 

2 hours ago, GB13 said:

Hopefully sometime, if only the drive wasn't so long. 

We'll be having a Maryland area get together sometime 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Very cool shankster! These are very high on my list of a dream bag I’d like to build if I had the money. Maybe I can convince my wife to let me do it this year lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Man, those clubs are gorgeous. @Shankster Great pics as well! I'm curious how you like the trajectory/spin, and how the clubs have been holding greens for you?

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Man, those clubs are gorgeous. [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] Great pics as well! I'm curious how you like the trajectory/spin, and how the clubs have been holding greens for you?

I am a high spin player so stopping the ball hasn’t been an issue for me unless I skull one or ride the wind too much... but these put the brakes on quick!

4 iron stopped within 3 paces of the stick from 205 out of the rough.

Getting a lot of stopping power on the scoring irons. Actually sucked a few 9 and PW’s right off the front of the green.

Stock trajectory is exactly what I was looking for. Not too high, not too low, just right.

I’ll be doing a specific topic on the trajectory, and shaping ability... keep an eye out on the catalog of discussion topics on the first page.

Those have to be the prettiest butter knifes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

@Shankster I too am playing the TM Rocketbladz tour and having played more rounds than normal this summer, i'm thinking about treading them in. Whats your opinion? You think they are middle of the pack or maybe i just need to get the lie adjusted and more time with them? Though you seem to be a low digit handicapper so...

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] I too am playing the TM Rocketbladz tour and having played more rounds than normal this summer, i'm thinking about treading them in. Whats your opinion? You think they are middle of the pack or maybe i just need to get the lie adjusted and more time with them? Though you seem to be a low digit handicapper so...

Trading in the RBZ’s? I’ve been bringing the 5 iron with me to the range to warm up with. Today I went back and hit it at the end of my session and it just looked huge compared to the Blueprint 5 iron.

I think the RBZ Tours are a great set that can reach a wide range of skill. If you are having good results with them I don’t see any reason to swap them out.

If you trade them in what are you looking for? Something more forgiving?

44 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Trading in the RBZ’s? I’ve been bringing the 5 iron with me to the range to warm up with. Today I went back and hit it at the end of my session and it just looked huge compared to the Blueprint 5 iron.

I think the RBZ Tours are a great set that can reach a wide range of skill. If you are having good results with them I don’t see any reason to swap them out.

If you trade them in what are you looking for? Something more forgiving?

@Shankster Giving thought to getting refitted for irons. Ive had the RBZ tour for about  ?7years??. Since then im sure my swing has changed a little. Now having MGS and testing data, i'd like to try out some Mizuno or Srixon (z585) game improvement irons. Something that has data with a small(er) shot area.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] Giving thought to getting refitted for irons. Ive had the RBZ tour for about  ?7years??. Since then im sure my swing has changed a little. Now having MGS and testing data, i'd like to try out some Mizuno or Srixon (z585) game improvement irons. Something that has data with a small(er) shot area.

I had never been fit before. If you’re in the market go for it. I tried the 785’s at the demo day. They were a great club.

If you’re looking for a PING version of that club the i210 or maybe iBlade is in the same category as the RBZ Tours.

They have demo days quite often, keep an eye out.

Update from yesterday’s range session.

I wasn’t having the best of ball striking days. Hitting all sorts of misses. At least I know what to expect when I am having an off day.

I can chunk them pretty easily on this new grass that I am not use to. But after a few fat shots I just opened up the face a smidge and was hitting some beautiful soft fades. (Using this for my stock shot, 2-3 yard fade)

On the flip side I was catching some thin toey, and a few skinny necky ones. These clubs are magical on thins for a blade, you know you missed on the bottom but it doesn’t kill you like a jack hammer, and distance lost isn’t extreme, nor is the direction.

Quite impressed.

I could still have gotten around the golf course at a pretty decent score with my C- game.

Congrats @Shankster!!  They are one awesome looking clubs!  How much distance are you losing on mis-hits?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Just got caught up here, I somehow missed this thread with all the CCC Q&A going on. 

Congrats on being chosen, as others have already said these things certainly suit you, and there isn't anyone better on here I could think of to review these. I'm looking forward to following along, I don't have any questions because blades like this terrify me, but I would love to be able to game them someday. 

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Just got caught up here, I somehow missed this thread with all the CCC Q&A going on. 
Congrats on being chosen, as others have already said these things certainly suit you, and there isn't anyone better on here I could think of to review these. I'm looking forward to following along, I don't have any questions because blades like this terrify me, but I would love to be able to game them someday. 

Don’t be scared.

After looking at these for a few weeks, my old irons seem HUGE, and they aren’t.

You could play a mind trick on yourself. Play with blades for a few weeks then switch back to your normal club and seem like you have a bigger hitting area. Could work.

This thread is brilliant @Shankster, the mods chose very wisely in picking you for this huge job 👏👏

I just love the look of these irons and I could live with the odd painful moment just to have the pleasure of pulling them out of my bag 😍😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

This thread is brilliant [mention=69396]Shankster[/mention], the mods chose very wisely in picking you for this huge job
I just love the look of these irons and I could live with the odd painful moment just to have the pleasure of pulling them out of my bag

Thanks good Sir!

I have already gotten the “he’s got a 2 iron” look...

Still have their covers from the factory. Going to stitch up some “leather” vinyl covers for when I ride in a cart. The 3 iron already has a little chatter dent, not sure how it happened I put the covers back on.

27 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Thanks good Sir!

I have already gotten the “he’s got a 2 iron” look... emoji15.png

Still have their covers from the factory. Going to stitch up some “leather” vinyl covers for when I ride in a cart. The 3 iron already has a little chatter dent, not sure how it happened I put the covers back on.

That's a fun look to get. 😁

Also, do these have the Hydropearl finish? If so, how has it held up? That's been one of my chief complaints with my I200s, how easily they wear. 

That's a fun look to get.

Also, do these have the Hydropearl finish? If so, how has it held up? That's been one of my chief complaints with my I200s, how easily they wear. 

They do have the Hydropearl Finish.

That was one of my complaints about the i200’s as well.

I will be doing a specific discussion on this as I get more rounds in.

This is awesome and Shanks you the man!!! Love the way you write and your pics are top notch I hope these find a place in your bag...

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Poor picture quality. But I didn’t want to make you wait. I’ll get one on grass ASAP.

IMG_6096.thumb.JPG.fb51ccf036eb24046a7b0d7027744ab7.JPGIMG_6097.thumb.JPG.d97ae2599ddff57bc4ac80be38aa53f3.JPG
Nice ball! How about a picture of the..oh wait.. now I see it

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Heading out tomorrow morning for a few days of real R&R... almost got the “honey do” list done...

well it’s collaboration of our lists. Still will have a few things to do when I get back. 2 bathrooms, an entry way, and our daughters room needs painting... need to fix the lawn mower, trim some overgrown bushes, paint the foundation... ok... nowhere near done.

Planning on at least 2 rounds on my old stomping grounds. See if I can better my old best which was a 39. It’s a 9 hole course with lots of water. It will be a good accuracy test. Only a few holes where I would pull anything other than the 2 iron off the tee... pictures to follow if I can get a tee time.

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Thanks good Sir!

I have already gotten the “he’s got a 2 iron” look... emoji15.png

That's an awesome thing.  For those that have never ordered new PING irons.  PING ships them al with a neoprene head cover on each iron.   Talk about taking care in packing and shipping.   I of course hold onto them for use when I sell and ship irons to someone. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So I somehow didn’t click checkout on that 56° wedge. Kind of glad. I think I’m going with a 52/58 to round out the bottom of the bag.

I will be adding a Glide Forged. Just need to figure out the full PW distance to see what the next in line will be. The 58 won’t be a full swing club.